MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.5

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a fair, cool-toned NW15 with dark hair. I thought the cool plummy tones of this would work well with my coloring. And yes, after using this, I do think this shade looks great with my coloring (which is a bright winter), and I can see it working well for almost anyone. It's a dark berry. Much darker if you apply it straight from the bullet. I always dabbed it on for a berry stain. But even then, it was just too dark for me. My DH said it made me look older. Bah! And yes, I do have to agree; it looked just a bit too dark for me, even blotted.

I'm giving it 4 lippies because even though it wasn't for me, the color is beautiful. One lippie off for the drying texture (of most MAC lipsticks).

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

On my NC42 skin, this is a very nice, wearable, berry color. This is probably one of my most worn lipsticks because I find the shade very appropriate for everyday wear. I usually do one swipe, and Im left with a very soft, berry tint. I get compliments every time I wear this. When people find out it's Rebel, they're usually shocked because in the tube it does look very intimidating.

It does leave a stain when you remove the lipstick, but I personally like that.

I absolutely love the colour, however, I'm not a fan of how it stained my lips. my lips were bright magenta for a day and a half after wearing it for a couple hours, and while it looked nice, I just didn't like how that was my only MAC lipstick I had to get off by scrubbing (and even then it didn't come off completely). If you aren't picky about lipsticks staining your lips then you'll adore this product! I'm just picky.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish I could rate color and formula separately. Formula wise, this is amazing. The color goes on very pigmented and even when it fades, it leaves a very nice, even stain on the lips. It's long lasting and very comfortable to wear. But this is the part I dread - rating the color. It's not fair to knock off lippies simply due to the color :/ but I'm going to be that less than 1% that does not like this lip color on me. There's nothing wrong with the color, but I was hoping it would be more on the plummy, berry side. It looks gorgeous on other people but on my pigmented lips, it comes out a straight up fuschia..not exactly my favorite lip color to wear since it clashes with my skin tone. I prefer a more muted berry lipstick like Fashion Revival or even my new favorite, Milani's Sangria (which is slightly darker and less pink than Rebel).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this color it's beautiful! This is my go to color for a night out! It gives your face a nice Pop and really adds that extra something to a sexy outfit !

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Well there is no denying that this is certainly a very unique colour, and although I love it I don't wear it frequently due to the fact that it is impossible to take off, in a bad way. It leaves this bright pink stain, and try as I may it is a hassle to take it off. But over all it's a beautiful colour. The bullet itself looks intimidating, but really once it is applied it's not so dark, and can be used as a stain

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My absolute favorite lipstick. I get soooo many compliments on this! I used with a cheap dark purple liner, or I use my 'current' from Mac also. This color is not too dark and not too light, just a perfect pinky purple!

This was the first 'dark' MAC lipstick that I bought and I'm still in love with it. I even have the lipglass! I wear it with just a flicked cat eye liner and blush or with a more dramatic eye for a statement look. You could wear it with Vino, Current or Beet liner.

It is a Satin, which some people find drying, I don't have this issue. It is a deep raspberry with a plum undertone. I usually wear it with vino which darkens it up a bit. It will stain the lips, but I like the colour it leaves behind. It is so wearable and I think it suits my paleness and I love it on darker skin tones. Its so pretty and vibrant.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very nice bright berry color...but it majorly dried out my lips to the point of them cracking and splitting. I tried applying lip balm first and that wasn't a help either.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

In love with this lippie. Am wearing it today and I feel so sophisticated! The color is beautiful and lasts a long time, perhaps too long that it filters into the following day (not sure if that's a good thing though!) I like the satin finish as it is neither matte (too drying) nor shiny!

I am NW43 for reference and love how the color pops out against my chocolate skin. Would definitely repurchase over and over..

Recommended for Medium Skin