October 21, 2014 | 880 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Vanilla Bean Noel Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. I have no words for this! After that initial burst of fascination and obsession that many people go through when discovering Bath and Body Works, I had become pretty disillusioned --- you buy into the hype, you get tired of the scents, you glare at the things you stocked up on because, inevitably, BBW was discontinuing all your favorite scents [it's just marketing, guys. They don't *have* to do it at all. Like any other business, they want as much of your money as you'll shell out as fast as possible.] And now it's been a struggle to finish off the lotions/shower gels/etc that I DO have, that I'm weary of [especially since I've been trying to make the switch to all-natural]. BUT, despite the disenchantment with the once-wonderful BBW, I found myself waiting for months for the holiday collection to come out so I could get my hands on some Vanilla Bean Noel, which I had smelled only in its anti-bac form the previous year, and suddenly, I find myself all wild-eyed and scrabbling at the shelves to get my hands on as many bottles as I can, making plans during the day, in my shower, going to bed, on how to get MORE ... hahah
as other reviewers have noted, this makes you smell like a big delicious buttery sugar cookie! Or a super sugary cupcake [the kind that has frosting that makes your teeth hurt] -- something absolutely DELICIOUS. That caramel/marshmallow note is heaven. Not only is it awful, since my cuddle craving is kicking in with a VENGEANCE [and I'm alone], but it's ALSO it's making me crave and OD on holiday cookies. As another reviewer noted, it is shamelessly, decadently UNgrown-up and I couldn't love it more for exactly that reason! I LOVE slathering myself all over in it! It is strong enough to linger for a bit but weirdly enough, I wish the scent was a tad stronger [I suppose that's asking a lot for a lotion, especially since the smell is definitely a lot stronger to anyone not wearing it]. The true test of this though .... is that it is the first lotion, EVER, that I have found myself unable to stop continuously re-applying! Human psychology - we can't stay away from edible smells. That's why so many people have noted that men love it ;P
This is going to have to be a staple now. Or I'll have to find ways to scent my natural DIY products as such. [I hear good things about vanilla bean cookies on ebay] I get turned off warm, sickly sweet smells in the summer ... but that might be challenged with this in the picture. Ok enough rambling! Sorry! I am a girl in love, what can I say?

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by erijica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute favorite scent! I am a fan of vanilla in general, but this is the best of all vanilla scents, IMHO. It's a very sugary sweet vanilla, with touches of caramel in it. Yum, so delish. I like to use this with Pink Sugar perfume. It makes me sad that it is only released during the holidays, but I stock up. Anyway, this lotion is amazing. Very moisturizing and not sticky at all. And, my absolute favorite part, the scent lasts AGES. I can put it on in the morning and when I go to bed, I still get whiffs of it as I toss and turn. BUY IT!!! ...actually, don't buy it. Save it for me! :P

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by makeup2me

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

VANILLALICIOUS!!!
I usually stay away from body lotions/sprays that have the primary note as Vanilla (reminds me of musty like cigars)...HOWEVER....Vanilla Bean Noel is sooo yummy!!! Sweet vanilla mixed with caramel - can't get enough of this scent!! I loaded up on the body cream, shower gel, moisturizing hand soap and hand sanitizers (since this is a seasonal scent)!! Simply Awesome!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by 1hward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this product, it moisturizes great and you don't need much to get you far. i have dry skin and it works really well. the smell of it is awesome and i get asked what perfume i have on when i'm not wearing one, but wearing this body cream. i got this as a gift last christmas and i wear it almost everyday on my arms and legs and i still have a lot left. i love how smooth the cream is in your hands and on your skin, it feels great. i don't know the price of the product, because it was a gift, so i rated it a 1 although i am not sure how expensive it was.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by cosmogirl12

You can only get this during christmas at Bath & body Works. I stock up during there xmas special it smells like vanilla & my DH loves it he says I smell like candy. I love it buy it, you wont regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by PinkCarnations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry and very sensitive skin. This body lotion not only smells amazing but it also really moisturizes. It sinks right into my skin and leave it soft and silky smooth all day long. I stock up on this during the summer and I use it year round. It's my all time favorite scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by micagina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite. I only buy the lotion because it stays with me all day. Love the sweetness and the richness........yummy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by mrgee

Oh man... this stuff is amazing! I'm not usually a huge fan of vanilla scents, but this is more than your usual ho-hum vanilla. To me, it smells like everything sweet and delicious all rolled into one scent: vanilla (duh), caramel, cake, ice cream, and maybe even a hint of cinnamon! It isn't the most moisturizing lotion ever, but the fabulous smell lingers for ages. I put it on before bed one night, and the night after, my bed still smelled of it - yum!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Marina1998

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorites of the Holiday Collection, but Snowkissed Berry may have a chance. :)

I remember when my Mom first got me this scent when I was younger. It smelled soo delicious, that I actually influenced people to buy this scent just by wearing it! It has been on my younger sister's Christmas wishlist ever since! Vanilla Bean Noel is vanillaish, (DUH!) warm, and creamy. It kind of has a small amount of sweet, caramel in it... which blends into a perfect smell of HEAVEN. It's that delicious that I can only describe it in those few words! :) One thing I'm definately NOT crazy about is the new packaging. It's sooo generic and boring compared to last years packaging. (Sparkly trees on a tall, skinny bottle) Although, I did find that this current bottle squeezes a ton easier, but probably because of the grooves on the sides.

I hope that they bring this scent back for many new years to come. (And that they never retire it because BBW is known for that! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Diamondstarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yesterday was my first day ever smelling Vanilla Bean Noel. I'm not big on Vanilla, but I don't loathe it either. As soon as I sprayed the body spray in the store, I fell in love with it. I never tried the 2009 version or beyond, so I don't know how its changed, but it smells good to me! I bought the body cream and the body spray and if this goes on sale after X-mas, I will definitely be stocking up.