Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-10, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride,, Phenoxyethanol, Caprytyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylgycerin, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene Glycol, Isotridecyl Isononanoate. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used this product for 6 months, at first I was in love with it and raved about it to my friends. Product looked and smelt good, and was very easy to apply, gives a dewy finish so it's great for normal to dry skin. However once the excitement wore off I realised that this foundation did not last on my face long at all, although I did powder. The finish is great (within the first few hours) and the consistency is light, but I have had more coverage from tinted moisturisers. I am Mac nc30 and I used the shade bd50.

on 10/8/2014 4:56:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product after reading so many reviews, but this had gave me such a bad reaction i have never had in my 30 years of life...........burning, itchy and turned into a greasy ball in 2 hours -> I HAVE DRY SKIN!

So, so disappointed.

on 10/7/2014 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I was really looking forward to trying this one out but there is no real colour match for me! The only one which comes near my complexion is B40, and it's slightly too light for me, and all the other colors are either too dark, too pink or even lighter. It would be perfect for winter I'm guessing. Other than that it is a good light coverage foundation.
EDIT: I bumped it up to 4 lippies, as it's perfect now that it's almost winter. I love that it covers up imperfections while remaining very sheer.

on 9/18/2014 11:05:00 PM

It's hard to explain how much I love this foundation. I have sensitive, acne prone, freckly skin which makes foundation shopping an absolute nightmare. The reasons why it works so well- a light coverage that can be layered to a medium coverage means it's very versatile. And the huge range of shades means you'd be pretty unlucky if you couldn't find one that suits. The slightly dewy finish is very natural and I find setting it with a powder can help it to last longer especially when I anticipate my skin to get a bit oily throughout the day. I use this product every single day and it lasts me around 5 months so I think the $82AUD price tag is justifiable.

on 9/1/2014 6:48:00 AM

The colour match is perfect, the coverage is light - medium, and this is so natural looking you can't even tell you're wearing makeup. I took off 1 star because if you have oily parts, it gets very greasy very fast As it is a dewy illuminating foundation but it's amazing for the dry patches as it moisturises

on 8/24/2014 5:43:00 PM

New HG foundation! Love it so much! It has a nice texture,it smells amazing and it gives a natural skin-like look.I would totally recomand it for all the dry skined girls !

on 8/23/2014 8:27:00 PM

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation. I purchased it last autumn and have been using it on and off for almost a year, the bottle is almost empty now so i don't feel like I have wasted money because I have certainly got my use out of it. Here is what I love about it: (a) It blends beautifully into the skin and mimics the look of skin while providing medium coverage. So far, only Chanel Vitalumiere and YSL Teint Touche Éclat have been able to achieve that for me. (b) the colour match is spot on, BD50 is the best colour match for me in the summer when I'm tanned, there is no orangeyness that most other foundations lean towards when they make foundations for medium-tan skin. (c) As the name would suggest it provides a very natural radiant healthy skin look, which is nothing short of what I expect a high end foundation would do. Now for the gripe: The only flaw and the one that tips the glass for me in terms of whether I would repurchase this foundation is that it makes me look sooooo oily after only a couple of hours of wear! Amazingly, it never breaks apart or looks cakey on my face, in fact aside from the oiliness, my skin looks super good at the end of the day. I just can't stand an oily face and I hate powdering so I never set it with powder. This is one of those foundations I feel was made to be worn without powder so that the skin's luminosity prevails, and for photo shoots, but not for an 8 day wear. I found that mixing it with a mattifying foundation solves this problem, but for a $65 I shouldn't have to, it should be perfect. Like I said, I love it but hate it, so I won't repurchase.

on 8/21/2014 12:11:00 PM

I really like this foundation, it's the first one I've ever bought. I find that the scent smells a little like play-dough, which I love and find quite nostalgic but I understand a lot of people probably won't. The only thing I don't like about this foundation is that it goes on streaky, and I can't leave it for a dewy finish so I need to use my powder (MAC studio blend care pressed powder in light for reference) to make it look nice. Even with this it only lasts about 5 hours. I found this almost identical to the GA lasting silk foundation (in shade 2 I think) but that formula was better for me although I needed a lot more to get the desired finish. Overall, great foundation, ok price, and the packaging is for me the best out there. 7/10. For reference, my skin is clear (for the moment) so I cannot comment on how well it covers up acne etc. I just use it to even out my skin tone.

on 8/14/2014 12:12:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!

1) it feels light weight
2) the color matches me SO freaking well, really it doesnt look like I have anything on because the color matches me so well! I find this hard to find in drug stores!
3) I would say this is medium coverage ( So I gave this a 5 because I like light to medium coverage.. lol )

Con:
I dont really like the packaging... because I feel like theres more product that I can get out of the bottle.. haha thats just me..

on 8/11/2014 10:04:00 AM

I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation for years now. I've tried MAC, Chanel, Dior, Clinique, NARS, as well as drugstore such as maybelline, revlon, loreal, etc. Nothing has lived up to this. I was so desperate for the perfect foundation that I was convinced I will never find it due to my awful past experiences but little did I know, this beauty fit the criteria. My skin is extremely dehydrated but gets oily throughout the day, this foundation gives a beautiful glow that doesn't look too oily or shiny.
The coverage is quite impressive. I have some redness and noticeable acne scarring and this does a wonderful job of covering although I still apply concealer (MAC prolong wear) on the areas that aren't covered. You can build it up to high coverage too and it doesn't look cakey in my experience!
Stay power is a huge deal for me and I was so happy when I wore this foundation for about 9-10 hours and have it look absolutely gorgeous, (I did use a primer and set it with powder, though.)

Overall, it's quite pricey but I would buy it again and again.
P.s. I'm extremely pale (mac nc15) and this makes it quite the task for me to find a perfect match but this foundation was perfect.

My mom LOVED it too and she has oily skin. :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation Review: Laura Mercier, Dior, YSL by Cathies Ensemble

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation Review by Rocy Roque