November 26, 2014 | 1698 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely gel foundation which gives my dry skin a soft dewy glow.
The colours run in three undertones, Beige, Beige Rose (pink undertone)' and Beige Dore (gold undertone), with a depth of 1-10. I have it in the shade BD60, which is the closest match to my NC44 South Asian skin. For me it is not quite yellow/gold enough, and the next shade up (B70) is too dark and not gold enough. I get around this by wearing it in the centre of my face with a richer shade of another foundation on the perimeter of my face.

Anyway, colour match aside I have been enjoying the finish of this foundation which lasts a good 6-7 hours on a spring day (In the heat it melts away too fast). It is of a thick consistency and I find that it applies best with my fingers. It is of medium coverage, and has a very natural, true finish. None of that cheap, powdery, cakey, ashy business.

The down side of it is that I have noticed that it doesn't mix well with other liquids such as liquid illuminators, bronzers or blush, but I'm sure there must be ways of getting around that. Overall, I'm very happy with this glowy, flattering foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this foundation however for me it didn't work out :-( I have combination oily skin and I was lucky to get 4 hours out of this foundation without it sliding of my face. On a massive positive - the colour of this foundation was PERFECT and it blended beautifully. I have no doubt this foundation would be perfect for someone with normal skin. Just not for me sadly :-( my search continues.....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by KillerFashion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, it's my favourite and my holy grail!

This is a super light foundation. You only need a pea amount of it to cover your face. I get a really great coverage with this, because it’s so easy to spread and blends perfectly, and definitely doesn’t make my make up look ‘cakey’. It’s a really good base for all skin tones, as there are many different shades, all which use SPF19 broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by courtneygardiner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the 2nd high end foundation I purchased. After using bare minerals for so long I wanted to change to a liquid foundation. I didn't go out shopping with the intention of buying this, but when I picked up a ysl lipstick I was given 2 free samples of this. The 2 free sample bottles lasted me about 3 month! I didn't even finish the first bottle before I went out and purchased the full size. I paid £31.50 for this, which considering the high end brand label, packaging and the amount of product in the bottle wasn't so shocking. It isn't entirely worth the money. I'd say this was worth paying more around the £25 mark.
This isn't my Holy Grail foundation. My skin is not flawless, it has imperfections like under skin blemishes and redness, so obviously I want a medium coverage to disguise my insecurities, and this foundation is only light coverage. It leaves my dry skin looking satin, smooth and a little dewy. I still need a light dusting of powder. I find 1 pump covers my entire face. 2 if I'm having a bad skin day and need extra coverage. My bottle is going to last for a very long time, which could explain the cost too.
A great spring summer foundation for those that like light silky shiny coverage in these seasons.
When I have no blemishes and barely any redness, this makes my face look photoshopped, but that is a rare occasion.
Definitely has the highlighting glow that it's supposed to, great for radiance. I can barely feel this on my face and it works well with concealer and primer underneath it. I first applied this with a real techniques brush but now I use my fingers just for quickness and getting into tight areas such as those around my eyes.
The packaging is gorgeous though, looks lovely on my dressing table!
Overall a 4/5, just want more coverage and a cheaper price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by holgrace95

This is one of the most beautiful foundations i have ever used and continue to purchase again and again! In the quest to find the perfect foundation I have tried various high end and high street brands but have always been drawn back to this particular one. It only gives a low to medium coverage and wouldn't really be suitable for oily skin but for my dry/normal skin it looks wonderful, it makes my skin look beautifully glowy and adds just the perfect amount of dewiness, very flattering especially when paired with the mac mineralize skinfinish natural. I find that it stays well on the skin for around 8 hours in both winter and summer and the colour range and packaging are both huge pros. The only real con is the cost, which is an issue because i find I go through this foundation faster than any others due to it's very runny texture and light coverage. However if you are looking for a high end foundation that gives you that gorgeous glowy and illuminated look that perhaps you don't use everyday then this is just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by RolleStarNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am now on my 5th bottle of this foundation. Afer hearing many beauty bloggers talk about it, I started using it last year. For reference, I am a 36 year old male with very dry cheeks and forehead and a somewhat oily chin. This covers me flawlessly with a duo fibre brush from CHANEL or a beauty blender. I use effacernes concealer by Lancôme with it, and I have gotten darker since the weather has changed, so my typical NW25 skin is NW30 now and i have gone fro beige rose 40 to beige rose 50 for those interested in a comparison from MAC colors. I set this with a bit of Makeup For Ever powder and use hoola bronzer from benefit and hourglass ambient lighting powder in dim light and some mascara and lip balm and I feel amazing. This foundation is the kind that comes around once in a blue moon, and I felt compelled to tell my story about it. NOT fakey or cake, blends beautifully, and feels great over my moisturizer. This and Armani Luminous Silk are HG for me, and I never review something unless I feel absolutely compelled to do so.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by jmakena07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my holy grail*angels chime in**!love love this product!price $55(I think)it is amongst the priciest foundation out there!TomFord,Armani way more pricier..but this I save for special occasions !i have normal skin and this isn't for oily skin..one would break out!it gives me that glowy,dewy bright highlighted skin all day everyday!packaging is a durable pump in a glass jar that I have dropped tons and not broken(knock in wood)get a sample from sephora before buying u won't regret it!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE: I'm glad I didn't toss this and gave it another try. Since switching from a beauty blender/Shisedo brush as my main foundation tools to now using an Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush, I like this foundation a LOT. I also starting priming with Hourglass Veil Mineral so that could be another reason. Whichever it is, I do like it a lot more now. Color matches me perfectly and it looks very natural. Not as much coverage as EL DW or even Armani Luminious Silk but more than Nars Sheer Glow. I like the finish. It seems to last pretty well but I haven't tried it out in the South Texas summer heat yet.

I'm so sad that I didn't like this foundation. Luckily I only bought a 10mL bottle instead of full size (for reference that's the size of Mac's concealer in the pump bottle, so it's still a generous amount for fairly cheap). The color is right but one coat is almost complete sheer with a Shiseido brush, and 2 coats was extremely cakey and emphasized my pores. Nothing radiant about it. I guess I will stick with Giorgio Armani or Estee Lauder depending on the weather, but I do still love my Touche Eclat pen.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm very torn on this foundation, when it first started using it I was pleased with the results but now the warmer weather has come in it seems to melt off my face after only 2 hours. the application is patchy and the glow it gives it more oily. not the look you want. it also has sticky feeling on skin. i've used nearly half the bottle and if i'm in in love with it byh now then i prob don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by aewest

This is the ONLY foundation I've ever run out of. I've bought it two times and am still loving it. Gives my skin the best dewy finish while also covering imperfections. YSL also carries SO many shades so anyone can find one that fits them. It has a very light coverage but is absolutely build-able. I honestly can't think of any complaints except the steep price!