September 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My re-purchase vote is "maybe": I like the coverage and the color match, but I find it doesn't layer well over several sunscreens that I like. So it's good, but not perfect.

I prefer cream foundations generally, because I can customize and perfect the coverage. But I like having a sheer- to medium-coverage liquid foundation for those days when I am running very late and don't have time to sheer out and blend a cream foundation. That's how I assessed the Teint Touche Eclat, and my quibbles are that it doesn't save me time.

My experience is that this looks like rubbish -- chalky, pore-emphasizing -- for about 15 minutes. Once the oils on my skin begin to meld with it, it starts to look better, and I find that I can buff it into my skin. The buffing is essential: If I don't work it in with my fingers, a sponge or a brush, it will pool in my pores, and I don't have particularly obvious pores.

So I need 15 minutes in the morning to get this to look good on my over-50, dry and melasma-bedeviled skin. That isn't quick.

Also, I find that the foundation needs a thin layer of moisturizer or sunscreen under it for my dry skin. The best finish comes from using a face oil (rose hip or argan) alone, though a thin sunscreen, such as Bioderma Ultra-Fluide, will work. What doesn't work is a sunscreen that is physical; even the otherwise elegant CeraVe causes streaks and patchiness when I try the YSL over.

One plus: Beige 10 really does match my pale, warm-toned skin (ColorIQ 3y01, NC 10.)

UPDATED: After trying this over all kinds of sunscreens, I find it works best with no sunscreen at all and only the thinnest of moisturizers. Then it looks exceptionally good -- just luminous enough to look "real." Since I don't believe this is even the advertised SPF 19 the way I apply it, I reserve this for evenings or low-UV days.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Lex95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first tried this foundation when i recieved a coupon for a free 5 day trail. I loved it so much that I purchased it! I believe it cost me $97 NZD which is very expensive but what do you expect when you're buying good quality, high end products?

My favourite thing about this foundation is that I can wear it as light or a heavy as I want.This foundation is very light and smooth on the skin and leaves an almost flawless finish. It gives me good coverage although I tend to cover spots and under eye circles regardless. I was advised not to apply a powder with it.. but I do (personal preference), and personally find no issue at all with doing so. I also really enjoy this foundation because it is the perfect colour match (B20) for my skin. I havn't used any of my other foundations in weeks!

The only down side to this foundation is that sometimes I find that it creases on my eyelids and under my eyes. This could be due to the way I apply it, im not sure, I havn't quite worked it out yet.

The packaging is very elegant and practical, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful light-medium coverage foundation which has been an amazing new discovery.

Finish: The finish of this is absolutely amazing and is one of my favorite things about this foundation. It looks very luminous and glowy but I wouldn't really call it dewy per se, which is amazing for day to night because it's less in your face than something super dewy (e.g. Chanel Vitalumiere-the one in the glass bottle). I think you could use this if you have dry, normal or combination skin; maybe stay away if you're super oily. Doesn't cling to dry patches.

Coverage: I would say this is medium coverage but you can definitely wear it more sheer. I think the coverage is comparable to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua; definitely less than Nars Sheer Glow. It definitely evens out my skin tone, gets rid of redness around my nose and hides my hyperpigmentation, but definitely doesn't do too much for the blemish situation. I use about one pump to get a very sheer coverage all over my face and depending, will add another 0.5-1 pump to build up over some more problem areas and it doesn't cake up on me.

Texture: I think this is similar in "thickness" to most of the other light to medium foundations out there that I've tried--just slightly runny, but not watery at all. The texture feels quite mousse-y. You can definitely apply this with your hands or a beauty blender, or I prefer a buffing brush.

Lasting power: I've never noticed this budging too much on me, even if I put it on when I wake up and don't wash my face until I go to bed.

Scent: Amazing fresh scent. If you're not into scents or are sensitive, it is very light and goes away fairly quickly.

Photos and SPF: Despite the SPF 19, no flashback from what I can tell so far. Can look a bit shiny with the flash.

Packaging: Hands down best packaging of any foundation I've owned. I appreciate the Vitalumiere Aqua packaging for traveling purposes, but a girl sometimes wants the gorgeous glass bottle! Even the pump feels more luxurious than others. Aside from it being pretty though, the cylindrical shape, and the size of the pump and the size of the bottle make it actually really comfortable to hold.

Price: $57 for 1oz (eeeeeek!!!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mistressaryann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For someone my age, i am such a high-end foundation junkie :): mixed feelings about that. But i love making trips to sephora and trying out the latest releases. What caught my attention with this was the packaging-
PACKAGING: Transparent glass bottle, gold cap, gold pump. Very luxurious!

but "don't judge a book by it's cover" right? well the packaging is just as great as what's inside c:

COVERAGE: This foundation, i would say, is light-medium leaning more to medium coverage. It claims to have no opaque powders and i love the idea that it blurs your imperfections rather than completely covering them. It feels very lightweight, as cliche as it sounds sometimes i forget i have foundation on. It's my ideal every day foundation just like my Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker because 1. it mimics my skin and looks natural 2. it gives my skin such a gorgeous glow! Not the kind of glow where you look greasy and oily, but the kind of glow that seems to come from underneath the skin. It's absolutely beautiful.

CONSISTENCY: It almost seems gel-like (I know that sounds weird) it's not super thick but it's not liquidy either. It's somewhere in the middle. At first i thought it would make my face feel heavy but it feels feathery light. I feel that the best way to apply this is with your fingers (of course after you've washed the little guys) the warmth of your fingers help melt and blend it on to your skin.

FINISH: I cannot rave enough about how beautiful the finish is! It's like your-skin-but-better finish, glow-from-within finish, health-skin finish, so on and so on c: I would say dewy but i feel like people are afraid of that word, because it makes you think "shiny, oily, greasy" but that's not the case with this foundation.

SHADES: YSL came out with 22 shades of this foundation but my local sephora only carried around 18. But the shade ranges from fair to tan.
Beige (B): Neutral undertone
Beige Dore (BD): Yellow/golden undertone
Beige Rose (BR): Pink undertone

LASTING POWER: I set all of my foundations with powder down the t-zone and setting spray over the top. If i don't set this, it would probably last 5-6 hours but since i do it lasts 8-10 hours (an entire school day)

Okay okay enough raving, there's only one thing that i'm not fond of with this foundation. And it is *drum roll* the price tag. The price tag makes me want to cry and not want to use it every day, even though i want to. It is quite steep but hey, you're paying for the name Yves Saint Laurent! And the product itself which lives up to the price it has. I really do think it's worth it. But don't forget to take in consideration that what works for me might not work for you, so i suggest getting a sample first and test it out (:

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by DreamsOfAzure

If I ever feel like finding out where every one of my dry flakes are, I will purchase this foundation again. Otherwise, I'll stay away from this one.

Although the bottle was beautiful, the pump gave almost no control. If I try to get a tiny bit of the product, I end up with a huge pump all over my hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Belle144

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried many, many foundations and this is definitely the best for keeping my 46 year old face looking younger and fresh.
It has a great texture and colour and makes my skin look dewy.
It is one of only a few foundations that doesn't sit in fine lines and looks good all day and keeps my skin moisturised.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by maja1502

Beautiful foundation, medium coverage. Gives you a beautiful glow and lasts 6-9 hours. I have combination skin, this foundation didnt get me any breakouts. It feels very light.
Very every day appropriate. Would not recomend if you want to hide a lot of acne or scaring.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

This is the one! If you have a combination/oily skin, this is not a foundation for you. For normal/combination owners it may work. Last 2-3 months I was having serious dry patches all of my face and redness on my face was getting more. I was using bourjois healthy mix foundation with real techniques face expert brush but result was horrible. I thought that my face is just damaged and no foundation could save it. And I was totally wrong... It has the most juicy but not look like greasy finish! It is definitely moisturizing foundation with glowing effect. Coverage is not heavy but buildable. It was what I needed in that time. I find using beauty blender is better choice for application. Currently I am not using it daily because I would like to keep that glowing effect for special occations.

Pros:
-Moisturizing
-Give a glow on your face
-Smells fresh
-Buildable coverage; light to medium
-Nice pump system, quite hygienic

Cons:
-Heavy/Brittle package
-For oily skins, it may not be suitable

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by BlaUndBla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gives a very natural look. No cakiness at all!!
So if you are looking for a light coverage with a beautiful natural finish - get this!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

This is a good, luminous, light to medium coverage foundation. I love the way it makes my skin look BUT only on a good skin day. Some days it just seems to fade away or make my skin look oily, while others I look like a flawless goddess! Maybe it's just me... I would recommend this to some one who has a normal-dry skin that is in relatively good condition.