UPDATE: My skin seems to not react to this :) It's very moisturizing and I can even use it under my eyes, and I'm extremely picky about what I put under there. I recommend this if you want a giant Touche Eclat. Works just as fine + more colours. Grab yourself a sample - just don't use too much ;)
I have uploaded some pictures of how the foundation looks on me, and I think one can see pretty well how much it covers and the texture of my skin before and after. Sorry for he unflattering angles :/ The hyperpigmentation is due to my skin being very prone to hyperpigmentation whenever I get a blemish.
I have dry sensitive skin and, far most of the time, need only light coverage from my foundations. I don't like to make my skin ONE colour all over as I find it unnatural-looking on me. I want enough coverage to distract from my hyperpigmentation, redness and unevenness in skintone, but it doesn't matter if it shows through a little bit - I'm the only one who notice this anyway.
I ordered this over Internet after reading several reviews with pictures of gorgeous skin. I guessed the right colour for me would be Beige Dore 10, and it was, luckily, the perfect colour. I'm an NC15 in MAC Pro Longwear after oxiation. BD10 is a light, yellow shade. If you're on the light side of NC15, this may be a little bit too dark. My skin colour on the neck is exactly the same as BD10 is in the bottle. There's just a tiny bit of oxidation during the about 20 minutes after I put this on (those 20 I use to put on the rest of my makeup), but no more during the day.
I actually expected this foundation to be thin and lightweight, but the consistency is of the heavier type, and VERY MOISTURIZING, BUT clings to dry patches. I wouldn't call it thick, but it is for me, who is used to Bourjois Healthy Mix. It's apply sheer and easy to work with.
My first thought was: "this smells!". It's the classic YSL-foundation smell, but I don't remember Teint Radiance smelling as strongly... If you are sensitive to smells, this might be a problem.
The finish is satin, but glowy. The foundation looks quite natural, and can give sheer to medium coverage. To me this is an improved version of Teint Radiance.
I'm not a big fan of the consistency, but this foundation really looks good on (my boyfrind has complemented me on my skin when I wore this or Bourjois Healthy Mix).
As said, I have dry skin, and this doesn't last all day even on such skin. I would say better than Teint Radiance though. Primer/BB cream under may help + powder over.
I was a little surprised to see the ratings for this foundation, so I have read through some reviews and want to comment on them:
- "high coverage, sitting into wrinkles, not for older skin" - this claim is made several times, that it's not for wrinkly skin, so it may be true
- "not for oily/combination skin" - this foundation is dewy on my dry skin, so I imagine it would look and get very very oily very quickly on oily skin. I don't think glowy foundations have ever been suggested for oily skin. This would also last shorter on oilier skins. I would recommend this for normal or dry skin only.
- "caked up, very hard to remove - had to use makeup remover, not yellow enough in light colour" - I find the comment on the colour ridiculous! I have VERY yellow light skin, and the right colour is then BD10. It colour is light yellow, if it was any more yellow, it would make the wearer look jaundiced! Wrong colour is is the buyer's own fault, unless the foundation changes during the day or that there is no colur that fits, but the BD range IS good. "Very hard to remove" - you need to use makeup remover with ALL foundations, actually. Cleansing wipes, regular foam cleansers and lotions are relatively bad makeup removers. If you want to remove all of your face makup in one step with a foam cleanser, buy Skin79's O2 BB Cleanser or Tonymoly's Floria O2 bubble Cleanser. Cakes if one use too much of it. If you want heavy coverage, don't buy a light-med coverage foundation.
- "not good coverage, highligts scars, wrinkles, pores" - here a reviewer said the coverage was bad, contrary to the first one. The coverage of this is actually light-medium. It IS true that this highlight scars and pores, and this may also contribute to it looking caky - it doesn't actually cake up, but it DOES make pores look bigger and highlights roughness in skin texture if you don't use a primer or don't have small pores and even skin. This effect is true to everything that has shimmer in it.
- "heavy consistency/feeling and sticky" - true. The consistensy of this is quite creamy - some may even be able to feel it a little on the skin. And your skin WILL be clammy-feeling for quite a long while after application, which makes dry skin feel comfortable, but is absolutely unnecessary for oily skin
- "blotches/disintegrates fast - 3 hours wear max" - since reviewer has dry skin and this still happens. It might be the age and a moisturizer that doesn't agree with this foundation (without claiming that this for sure is the case) or applying too soon after moisturizing.
- "you need to have good skin already for this to look good" (said by many) - that is about right. This will NOT hide pores - it will highlight them. Same with scars. Will not hide pimples. If you have redness you want to cover, it can only cover quite mild redness. It covers quite light hyperpigmentation. This can even you your skin TONE pretty well, but NOT your skin texture.
The first ten minutes are amazing. Perfect lumious, moisturizing, very light cucumber scent. After one hour, it look just so-so. But after 4 hours, it became disappearing. I have to applied it again. I think it is better to use it instead of any powder foundations to achieve the prefect light. It is perfect except the short lasting. If you look for a long lasting foundation, leave it.
This foundation break me out!! I've been using for 4 days and I got one pimple every day.
I don't like the texture because it's just too creamy & not really light-weight if you compare to Chanel foundation like Perfection Lumiere or Vitalumiere Aqua.
I love the satin finish and a lil bit glow that you get. It's like your skin really perfect and healty also glowing at the same time.
1 pump is enough for your whole face because 2 pumps makes full coverage and looking heavy. This foundation have nice medium coverage if you use 1 pump only.
For reference I'm nc 20 and using shade b20. continued >>
On my normal to dry, fair skin (mac reference NW15) this foundation is as close to perfect as i have encountered. the coverage on me is medium, and the color match BR20 is EXACT to my coloring. perfect. The finish is airbrush/flawless. I found it be very long lasting; didn't budge from am to pm. i have never been this impressed with a foundation. it is also very build-able in case one wants mover coverage. i recommend highly. Very happy with this. doesn't fade, doesn't oxidize, doesn't smear and does NOT CAKE UP and has an SPF of 19. worth every penny of the 55 USD.
This foundation is too sheer and doesn't hide any blemishes.
On the other hand, this foundation is not for oily skin. Unless you use milk of magnesia + you might need to powder your t-zone through the day.
For my nw50 skin tone, I prefer the foundation Teint Idole Ultra 24 H from Lancome.
I have used Giorgio Armani's liquid foundation before and found it a bit dry on my skin. Then I switched to this product and PROBLEM SOLVED!! The coverage is excellent comparing to the one I used before. My dark-circles under the eyes and freckles are much less visible. And it works the best with some pressed powder for the final touch.
Looked forward to trying this and excited when i got my sample. I'm over 50 with fair, dry skin that looks much older with any sort of high coverage, sitting in wrinkles etc.
Like several comments below, at first I was delighted but by the time i arrived at my destination I looked as if I had no make-up on at-all ! Had to rake about in my bag to find a powder compact. I'd definately say that this product is for the young and blemish free.
Very disappointing but glad i didn't part with $$$.
Well... After reading about this makeup for years, I finally tried it. I'm a believer!
Everything about this is beautiful... the packaging, the smoothness and coverage, the scent, the ease of application, the finish.... It is very nice stuff. I match two colors pretty well and cannot tell which one is truly better, so that works for me - it might be easier to rebuy when needed since I can wear two of the colors.
I used a sample of this for a few days, since it is a pricey bottle if foundation, but you definitely get what you pay for. A little goes a long way, too. I ordered the concealer from Sephora and I'm excited to see how they work together. So far, this makeup is perfect in every way, in my opinion. Perfect for everyday looks, but radiant and elegant for build able coverage for a nighttime look as well.
not exactly super cheap, but i realli like how it looks on my skin! conceals well, looks nice and matt (when used with the pressed powder).. no complaints so far! will update!! i really love the packaging, make it look and feel so elegant and expensive :):)
This foundation has three very good qualities, all of which are important to me:
1. Creates a flawless base, very effective in concealing skin imperfections, without looking heavy or mask-like.
2. Has an illuminating effect, skin looks healthy, radiant. This means it is an excellent product for mature skins.
3. Has staying power, even when used without powder.
As with all foundations, I have not found a shade with which I am 100 per cent satisfied. I have tried B40, it's a little dark, yet B20 is considerably lighter, B30 has a strange yellow tone. I am currently using BD20, which is a little warmer than my own skin. For comparison, I am a Chanel Pro Lumiere Shade 20, MAC NC20. I hope YSL will extend their colour range in the future, as I am always testing new foundations.