April 21, 2014 | 1073 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by rachael1230

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super full coverage , hasn't broken me out, covers scars and used with a mattiffying primer you stay matte throughout the day. I like the color choice although in some light I do look a bit yellow. Other than that love it covers all my hyperpignentation. I use sephora brush #56 to apply and roll my beauty blender around the area between my eyebrows where it can look too fake. Otherswise def love this foundation. Price is decent, I pay a little more than this for my clarins skin illusion so this saves me about $5 in the end. Will update if anything changes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the shade Light 48 and it matches me perfectly. The names are misleading because I have light-medium hispanic skin so I'm nowhere near the darkest girl ever but I am certainly not pale. I took my Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup in the shade Nude 40 (my perfect match) into Sephora to make sure I got the right shade. I had been eyeing this "tattoo" foundation for so long and was so happy when I finally picked it up. Applied with my Ecotools BB Cream Brush (great for foundation) it does look cakey; with a cheap drugstore wedge sponge it looks natural while still providing such full coverage. I have a horrible dark spot on my jawline that is murder to cover up but this foundation met the task at hand with great confidence. It feels heavy when applied with the brush but with the sponge it only feels slightly sticky. I'm never picky when it comes to packaging but this one is so sleek and pretty. For $34 it is expensive but a little product goes a long way so it'll be long before I have to repurchase. This goes way beyond my Rimmel Liquid Mousse which is my drugstore HG; so HAPPY!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Cjenai

I'm in love with this foundation. It's full coverage but yet it looks so natural! It doesnt tranfer(unlike my Mac studio fix fluid) and it truly lasts ALL day. I have a very oily t-zone acne scarring and one pump of this takes care of it all! I use it paired with korres wild rose setting powder and primed with estee lauder matte perfecting primer and it works wonders.. How u apply plays a big part as well, I use either the beauty blender which works great or a flat top kabuki brush. They both give me an airbrushed finish. Love love love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ibeforee

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I have very oily skin and I love how this foundation looks and feels when first applied. the coverage is amazing and it just makes you look so polished! however, this foundation transfers like mad and doesn't last. I've been using it every day for two weeks to test it out and around 4-5 hrs it begins to just come off! even when using a primer underneath and setting with a powder. it also breaks me out. a shame because it looks so good for the first hour.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Alysekitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is so amazing! I mean it gives you a lot of full coverage. I didn't really like it at first but I guess that's because I didn't use a setting powder. I have really oily skin and if you have really oily skin I recommend use a setting powder. But other then that it's wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by islemom1020

I have been using this product for about a month. I have nothing bad to say about this product. it covers extremely well. I love how u only need a little bit of product to cover. it leaves your face flawless and not heavy feeling. I like how the foundation is affordable. I use to use makeup forever hd and it didnt work as well as kat von d lockit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by glossy81

My favorite foundation, so far! This, in my opinion, is the definition of full coverage. I have been using Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is great, but now that I've tried this, I see what full coverage really is. You need less than a full pump to cover your face. I do not find it cakey at all, that was one of the complaints that made me reluctant to try this, thank goodness I tried it anyway. I used to have to layer my double wear on certain parts of my face, which ends up looking less natural, because this covers so well, I don't need to layer and so I look less made up. I can imagine a bottle of this lasting a very long time because you need so little. I do find though that the DW truly sets without powder, this I feel like I need to lightly powder. The DW is is much harder to get off at night, making me feel like it's probably more budgeproof, but this lasts all day for sure..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ginabeebop

LOVE!!! This product is great. I really wasn't expecting much when the Sephora worker recommended this because I thought it was a gimmick product. I was totally wrong. This foundation has high coverage, I rarely use a concealer on my dark spot prone skin when using this. I don't know about the 24 hour lasting power because I only keep my makeup on from 8am-7pm, but during that time it wears quite nicely. My only problem with this foundation is that it transfers a lot, even when I set it with a powder. I apply this with a buffing brush since it is a bit thick. It also has a pump built in which is great, but I have a hard time seeing how much product is left since I cannot open the product. Color is a great match as well i am between a NC15 and NC20 and bought Light 48. Really want to try the lock-it concealer after how impressed I am with the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by SkyAlternative

I did not have a good first impression of this foundation. It was quite dry and not good looking when I first tried it. I realized that this foundation requires a bit of trial and error when it comes to making it work. For me, the coverage payoff was worth trying to find a way to make it work. If you have severly dry skin or are prone to dry patches, you will likely have to find a GREAT moisturizer or primer to make this work. I have acne prone skin that is also prone to dry patches. The way I got this to work for me is by using a silky base. I use The Body Shop's Vitamin C Skin boost as a primer and apply using a Sigma F80. I've tried many brushes and methods and got the best finish doing this. I find the foundation provides amazing coverage and doesn't become dry or cakey when applied right. The price is worth every penny and I find I only need 1 pump for each application. A little goes a long way. I LOVE that I don't need any concealer. Definitley would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by penguin0833

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So i bought this foundation because everyone raved about how full coverage it is and i totally agree. Definitely the most full coverage foundation i have ever seen. I don't like using this as a foundation all over my face but rather use it for spot concealing. I dont have terrible skin but i do have acne scars and just use this for spot concealing. Since this is so thick you wont get the no makeup makeup look and its super matte. I have normal skin and it made my skin look almost kind of dry. I love this foundation as a concealer but not for all over foundation. Another thing is since it is so thick you need to work to take it off or you will get clogged pores and acne.