Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

So a while back my sister bought this product when I first tried it I noticed that it was very pigmented and thick I stopped using it and years later I decided to give it another shot because my skin has scaring and acne so I thought it could cover it and I loved it it covers everything I would suggest using a beauty blender to apply it because it does dry quickly.

on 6/11/2015 5:35:00 PM

I can't use any primer with this!!!!! It does not function well with anything on my face. I cannot moisturize, I cannot use primer, I cannot even wear it with milk of magnesia underneath. This stuff will apply so patchy and slide off my face if I wear anything with it underneath! I have to wear this alone. This stuff does have good coverage though. Definitely very thick and can be hard to blend since this can emphasize your pores and dry spots. It can also look sort of patchy. Very very hard to blend!! Found that using my fingers and beauty blender works best with it. If you're going to be in daylight and around friends I suggest not using this since close up this foundation makes your skin look so ugly. At a distance though this foundation looks flawless and beautifully made up. It looks so glamorous but at a distance. This is an amazing foundation for night time! The reason why I gave it a three

This foundation is great if you're looking for an oil free, full coverage and flawless foundation. I didn't like it very much when I first bought it because I found it hard to blend and it looked too cakey.🎂
But now that I tested different methods of application I love it! You only need a TINY bit on each area of your face. Make sure you blend it good because it can leave splotches but if you're careful you can get a truly amazing coverage. I love the way this product covers literally anything. I have bad dark circles and bags under my eyes and when I'm wearing this I barely need to use concealer. I'll give it a four out of five because of how difficult it can be to blend at times. I'd say it's worth the price if you want a full coverage long wearing foundation that will NOT make you look oily!! Oh and also I should mention I tend to get acne around my mouth and chin, but I don't even need to apply concealer if I'm wearing this, unlike other foundations I have which require me to wear concealer too. Definitely give it a try but I wouldn't recommend for dry skin! Good luck gorgeous 💜

on 5/29/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

You know, looking back, I didn't have that bad of a run with this foundation.

This foundation is basically face-wall paint. It is opaque. Like, if you were to tell me you could hide a dead body in this stuff, I'd believe it. I've seen this stuff cover tattoos no problem and it will cover just about anything you can throw at it. It's not /that/ heavy compared to other full coverage foundations (ahem, Hourglass Veil Fluid), but it's still very full coverage. It can be sheered out to medium with a Beautyblender alone, possibly less by mixing in moisturizer.

However, one thing I did note with this foundation is that it is very finicky with moisturizers. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream made it pill and slide off my face, but it really played well with Dior Hydra-Life.

Although I have dry skin and this doesn't always play nice with people with dry skin, I did not have any issues with it emphasizing flakes on my face. My ultimate issue and what killed me using this forever is that they didn't have a color that matched me. This line tends to run very pink and I have very cool yellow undertones, which KVD does not really make. Even if she were, I still don't think I'd go back to it as I don't really need that high of coverage.

A small quibble, but I'm not a fan of how KVD designs her products. I know she's got the rockabilly/goth thing going down, but it looks like a roadie for Poison or Whitesnake designed it.

So, while it didn't work out for me, get a sample and try it before you purchase. Dry-skinned ladies are definitely going to want to test this before buying. If you are looking for something with lighter coverage, this is definitely not the one for you.

Pros:

- Full coverage (if that's your flavor)
- Long-lasting
- Can be sheered out
- Many pink undertone shades (for those that have them)

Cons:
- Limited yellow undertone shades
- Can be drying for those with dry skin
- Tacky packaging
- Finicky with moisturizers

on 5/29/2015 12:16:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation! Very thick, full coverage and buildable. If you like a thin look, like a BB cream or powders this is not for you. It also has a real matte look. When you use it, start with a small amount, one or two squirts and I highly suggest using a beauty blender as its so thick. The only other foundation that is comparable to this is Becca but Becca isn't as thick but offers almost as much coverage in as much product.

on 5/28/2015 4:09:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation. My skin is combination and I also deal with a lot of acne scarring. This does the trick to seriously conceal all those red marks and I don't even need to use a concealer when using this. I prime my face and use a powder overtop, and although I do need to reapply powder in the evening when wearing this (the oily parts of my face always need powder reapplication), it still covers my blemishes. I use a brush to buff it into my skin - if I use my fingers or a sponge I find that it can look cakey really easily. I also love the fact that it is oil free. I find a lot of products make me break out but this one does not. I have repurchased this 3 times since using it (pretty much when it first came out) and I don't plan on switching foundations any time soon!

on 5/26/2015 5:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Great coverage, decent price, decent packaging. I would, however, like to be able to cover the pump somehow. I would suggest keeping the tiny clear plastic cover that it comes with, however insignificant it seems. I have okay skin, with redness on and around my nose that needs heavy coverage, so this does the trick for that. Just one pump is sufficient, sometimes two when my skin needs it.

on 5/22/2015 12:01:00 AM

This stuff is great for covering but I find it doesn't last all day. I use the porefessional primer then foundation, a powder and the UD setting spray and by the time I get to work,work and come home ( about 7 hours ) my face looks terrible. It melts off in not even hot weather. Makes my face oily and I have dry skin. I don't think I'd buy it again for $43CAD

on 5/19/2015 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love the coverage of this foundation! I'm an nc15 in mac and first bought light44, but lord have mercy it's like putting orange paint on your face! So I went to light 45 and wow what a difference it's an actual skin color!! I've had severe rosacea since I was 12 and it's only gotton worse since I've gotton older ( I'm almost 19) and this covers it like nobody's business, so thank The Lord for this foundation, but some of the colors are wack.

on 5/18/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this as a sample and I loved it. I have oily pale skin with yellow undertones. For some reason my skin ended up going haywire, breaking out all over in ways that it normally never does, so my normal foundation wasn't going to cut it. I dug through my box of Sephora samples and decided to try this one. It was fantastic at covering my blemishes. I went from afraid to leave my house to actually feeling confident! I wouldn't say this is totally matte though. Maybe more satin? I have an oily t-zone and I did notice that sometimes it would build up and get a little streaky around my nose, even with a setting powder, so I docked a star. I did have to touch it up once or twice throughout the day, but my skin is oily so I expect that. Aside from that, it stayed on really well. I had cried over something and was a little nervous to look in the mirror since it's full coverage and I was worried about streaking, but it stayed put. You couldn't even tell from my makeup that I'd been crying. I also only have to use a very minimal amount. The little sample lasted me about two weeks, so it's worth the price to me. I never thought I looked cakey and it didn't feel heavy. I will say that it doesn't give that luminous "no makeup" makeup look but I'm not sure that's what it's meant to do, so if that's the look you're going for, it's probably not for you. It didn't oxidize on me, and I didn't experience it being hard to blend or drying too fast, but I always work in small sections so maybe that's why. Overall I do really like this foundation but I see why it wouldn't be for everyone.

Video Reviews & Tutorials