September 17, 2014 | 1723 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product. It is expensive but a little really does go A LONG way. Seriously, just a little bit. I find using a lot of this makeup is what makes it cakey or layer strange on your face.

This product is a great all day wear. Myself, I have oily skin and my skin stays almost matte after a 9 hour work day with this product. It is also great for a night out with photos.

The only downfall rating is for the packaging. I find the bottle gets messy with the pump, it is also very large for any transportation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by kaylaroska

I can't say I absolutely love this foundation but I do like it. the color matches perfectly, it covers everything and looks nice and airbrushed when I apply with the beauty blender. the things I don't like about this foundation is I don't find it matte, at all and it never seems to really set on my face and has a sticky texture. also when I put powder on my face after with a brush the foundation separates, but when I apply powder with the beauty blender. I probably won't buy it again since I've tried much cheaper foundations that are just as good

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only purchased this foundation because I had a gift card to Sephora and my usual foundation is MAC's pro long wear, which obviously is not available at Sephora. If you are looking for a full coverage foundation, Lock-It is for you, however for me, it was way too heavy for everyday use. The colour matched flawlessly to my skin, but if I applied even a little too much it was very cakey and unnatural looking.

The packaging the pretty but hard to control how much product you pump out. This usually resulted in pumping out too much and using more product than I needed.

It's not a horrible foundation, it fulfills all its claims for coverage, it is just not a ideal foundation for daily use or those who do not need such a heavy foundation. I am glad to be back using my MAC prolong wear! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by robbin11293

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is very full coverage, and it really works for my oily, acne prone skin. The first thing that I appreciate about it is that it's oil free. Second, it's transfer resistant-ish and lasts a long time. Third, the packaging is pretty cool looking, and it has a convenient pump nozzle. A well-known beauty blogger claims that this foundation is very "sticky" and "hard to blend", but I believe that is a given with full-coverage foundations. It dries light but covers well and it does blend fairly well with a damp Beauty Blender. This is my main foundation, and I plan to stick with this for as long as it's offered, or I happen to find something... dare I say, better?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by roxygirl1488

Very full coverage foundation, covers well. I do need to powder after a while in my t zone as I can get shiny with this foudation there. I use to wear Estée Lauder double wear and I would say this is very similar just a step down. It doesn't blend that great but it's because it's such a thick consistency. If you like Estée Lauder double wear this might be worth trying since it is a bit cheaper. I wouldn't call this an everyday make up look but definately would be great for nights out. I didn't have problems with breakouts and it comes in a wide variety of shades but it does have a tendency to oxidize so make sure you get the color closest to your skin tone if you even buy just a tad darker shade the you really are you run the risk of it being to dark for your complexion after it oxidizes. Over all I would buy this again IF I didn't want to spend the money on Estée Lauder double wear. It's decent it's just not amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by bettyspaceage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

out of all the foundations I've tried this is my favorite. it's simply perfect. It has very high coverage, there is no need to wear concealer or powder over this (I even wear a tad but of this as concealer when using bb cream). for some people this foundation may be a little cakey or heavy (specially if you have dry skin) but when I wear a serum, moisturizer, and primer under this it's very easy to apply, you only need one pump-full (sometimes even half a pump) & it feels so smooth and after a minute of letting it dry it stays matte for the rest of the day. it does not break me out at all and I've been using this for almost a year. When I got it it was $36 but the product itself lasts you a very long time I would say 5-6 months depending on how much you use daily so it's worth it. I would definitely always repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by jessicapaige

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

favorite foundation by far! I purchased it for 34$ but it's a fairly large bottle and 2 pumps covers my whole Face. It lasts all day and I constantly get compliments on how good my makeup looks. A must buy!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1993

Hi, so i normally would use Benefits 'Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow' foundation but i had seen a review on youtube of this product and watched many others too and saw nothing but good things, so i purchased the product it cost me £45.00 and it came and it looked lovely and i used it for around one month before i changed back to Benefit here is why...

I have a combination skin type and I'm prone to blemishes so i have a strict skin care regime so i did my normal routine of cleansing, moisturising then priming.. and by the way i tried applying this foundation with a beauty blender, foundation brush & my hands and when i first applied it it looked amazing the coverage was awesome but after 2-3 hours i found my t zone became shiny because obviously of my skin type and my face just became a massive cake! it also creased and cracked very easily it was just awful and really not flattering, but i stuck with it to see if my skin would just get used to the thick formula but it didn't. Also it didn't smell at all nice and i found it transferred very easily from my face to my clothes etc...

Im so disappointed with it after all the good reviews and demos i watched to find this i was so upset especially because it was so expensive too! I would not ever recommend this to anyone i believe although it is awesome coverage and packaged very well it really is too thick and cakey and suffocating for your face only plus side of this product is the packaging, the fact it stays on your skin for 24 hours and is oil free apart from that if you don't want to look like a cake i would not recommend buying this product maybe it is because of my skin type i don't know but i expected more regardless as i have watched reviews with different girls who all have different skin types and did not have this issue.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyade

I'm giving this product 2 lippies because I think they possibly changed the formula.
I am shade 53 (my summer color) the color is absolutely perfect once applied but about 30 mins or so this foundation oxidizes like no other foundation I have ever tried. I turned extremely yellow, not only yellow but very cakey. I decided to go back to sephora and try a lighter shade (number 52) now the problem with the shade 52, it was too light for me. Overall a bad product for me. It's a shame because I used to like this foundation a whole lot in the past.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Lavendork

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

After trying some of the brand's other products and being wowed, I was surprised that I did not LOVE this foundation. I had to sleep over at a friend's place recently and didn't have my makeup bag with me, so she let me borrow some of her makeup. We're not too different in shade (although I am a bit paler than her), so it wasn't a problem. But HO-LY CRAP, is it thick. I understand wanting full coverage (Believe me, I'm a big fan), but it almost doesn't feel like makeup- it's so thick, you basically have to cover your whole face with it, and it simply does not like to blend. On top of that, it's prone to settling into lines, creases, pores, even itself, so after 2 or 3 hours, you're likely to look cakey and tired. If you have sensitive skin (like I do) or dry areas on your face, this is simply not the right foundation to suit your skin. It's pretty expensive, too. I have heard many people go over the moon for this stuff, but I just wasn't impressed. It's a shame- they have some awesome shades.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No