Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

on 5/3/2015 8:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I had read online that this foundation was full coverage and suitable for pale skin, as it is not on sale in the UK I had to order it online in the shade Light 42, so it was pretty costly! Not too keen on the smell of the stuff, but it is definitely full coverage and blends in well with my skin, as it is very white I have to add some blush on top or else I would look like a corpse. It will definitely last me a few months, as I don't think I would use it everyday.

on 5/1/2015 3:29:00 PM

I loveee this foundation its FULL COVRAGE AND STAYS ON FOREVER!!! I used the makeup forever foundation and ran out so I bought this one and I totally loved it I have combination skin and gives my skin a nice finish I would recommend a translucent powder at the end for those with combination skin! I also tried this during the winter. But I recommend it for an all day wear.

on 4/29/2015 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have to agree with a lot of the ladies here. This is very full coverage. I hated the way I looked during the day with it on. It would smear all over the place, especially if it's a hot day. God forbid you use translucent powder. I can't even imagine how cake-y it would look if I had done that like I usually do with my foundations. The sale lady said this is the perfect everyday HG foundation. And maybe it is if you are a celebrity needing to look done up for the paparazzi. But don't buy if you want something light and natural looking. To be honest maybe this should be resold as tattoo cover up.

on 4/28/2015 1:14:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. If you're looking for a full coverage foundation, this one definitely fits the description. I have some tricky hyperpigmentation spots and after using this foundation I didn't need any further concealer. However, I don't really like full coverage on the rest of my face.
Also, this foundation looks flawless... From a distance or in pictures but upclose, it looks a little heavy and a little cakes on me.
So for everyday for me, it's too heavy and too full coverage, but for pictures or if I needed a fuller coverage, then I think this would be a good choice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation i am fair and use light 44 and match is perfect the foundation coverage and formula is amazing i love a full coverage foundations my top foundations are estee lauder double wear and revlon colorstay i would re purchase this foundation and price is good because its worth it stays matte all day :) and i have oily skin.

on 4/25/2015 2:27:00 PM

Love this foundation. I have very oily and acne prone skin. This helps to keep me matte and does not break me out. And even though I may not always have a breakout, this covers my hyperpigmentation scars like no other foundation I have used before. I hardly reach for my concealer anymore because I just don't need it. So it may be more expensive than I want to pay for a foundation but I don't need to buy concealer and my skin is flawless. I will pay extra money for flawless looking skin any day. I do still have to blot throughout the day but it is once instead of multiple times. And some days, my makeup is on for at least 12 hours. I am buying my 3rd bottle of it today. Which is saying a lot if you love makeup like I do. But I keep coming back to this and have decided it would be foolish to stray.

on 4/23/2015 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

one of my favorite foundation. definitely in my top 5.
I'm a fan of full coverage foundations that are longwearing.
makeup usually breaks down on me so I always jump on things that say long wearing.

This product took a little for me to get used to. I only use one or 1.5 pumps max. that covers my whole face. I apply with the elf studio powder brush, the flat top one. it works SOOOOO well. I top it with rimmel stay matte translucent powder and it looks really really good.
I got shade 48 bc other shades looked too yellow. I'm usually light-medium and definitely have neutral undertones. I was worried this shade would be too light, or too peachy, or too dark, or too whatever but honestly once I put it on it looks amazing and really blends well with my body.

This foundation is amazing. It left me looking flawless and stayed on soooo well. it looked better a couple hours into wearing it. definitely didn't oxidize or anything like that
i love the packaging, especially the pump.
I still use concealer under my eyes, but all the redness is gone and zits are covered. I remember ud naked skin covers redness well, too but this is def more coverage which I enjoy.
Hasn't clogged pores and I've been using it for a long time. I really really like how this looks on my skin!!

I like the cg ready set gorgeous, but it clogged my pores a little and left me looking oily. I loooveeee the lancome teint idol 24hr foundation, but it is almost 50 bucks and once i got tanner their shades didn't look that good.
I got this bc honestly the price isn't that bad for a high end foundation with this much pigment.
I also really enjoy eldw, but i think this is a bit thicker than that
I love this so much!! usually I pick up other foundations just to try (read: addicted to makeup!) but I haven't felt the need to do that. I use this everyday and it is lasting me a long time.

on 4/20/2015 2:21:00 PM

I recently purchased this after my best friend bought it and had me try it. I am used to wearing drugstore brands. This was my first "prestige" brand foundation. I have tried samples of other prestige brands in the past though. What impresses me about this foundation is how little it takes to cover the entire face. However, I do recommend applying it section by section to the face as it tends to dry quickly making it difficult to blend. This is definitely a full coverage foundation. I have not had any issues with it settling into pieces, fine lines, or wrinkles. I use the original Smashbox primer with it. I do think this foundation is best for normal to oily skin. If you have dry skin, this formula would be to thick and heavy which would make the skin appear patchy. I wear shade Light 45 and have noticed that it looks a bit yellow when it first goes on. Once it settles and oxidizes, it blends perfectly with my skin. Remember ladies: A little goes a long way. If you try to pack this on your face the way you would with a drugstore or light to medium coverage foundation, you're bound to see a cakey looking finish. I prefer to use my fingers or a beauty blender. The result is a very smooth, airbrushed finish! This may not be the best foundation in the world, but it is one worth trying. I would definitely repurchase it as well.

on 4/19/2015 4:47:00 PM

I was so excited when I went to sephora to buy this. When I applied it the first time it looked ok..wasn't full coverage when I applied with BB. only 2 hours later this foundation was sooo disgustingly patchy I wanted to hide my face...I had to use a concealer to fix some parts and ALOT of powder to set. I gave it another chance...tried it with some makeup brushes and a good primer....still the same problem only now I had A LOT of creases...I looked like an old grandma lol I ended up returning it and going for MAC pro long wear foundation..let me tell you THIS stuff is amazing!! sorry KVD foundation..

on 4/16/2015 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I just tried this foundation at Sephora here in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. EXCELLENT for someone like me, since I live in a hot country and have oil skin... It really covered all the imperfections and I dont think the appearece is too heavy ( I am more used to Shiseido Makeup). However, I dont think its a good choice for those who has dry skin. When I left Sephora, it was raining and I was very surprised in realizing that the make up was almost perfect, as no water had touched it. It's simply perfect! I'll buy the foundation this week, and probably the powder also!

Video Reviews & Tutorials