September 18, 2014 | 2045 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Even Finish Foundation Spf 15

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Although I gave this the lowest rating, I've not used this Bobbi Brown product other than her powder blush that I returned after finding it to fade and appear blotchy. I want to reiterate GoingCoen's comments about the lavender oil which is very bad for the skin in any foundation. (Alcohol too!) Several months ago, I was using Shiseido's perfecting liquid foundation that clogged my pores and noted it had lavender oil. I was able to return it.

IMO, the cosmetic industry has become a racket that warrants regulation and scrutiny. Since the recession, I believe cosmetic lines across the board have altered ingredients in many of their products lowering the quality of some of their products. Buyer beware.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by GoingCoen

UGH. this foundation. It is literally the PERFECT foundation, comes with a pump, coverage, texture, staying power, color. Everything, except the lavender oil!! Lavender oil does absolutely NOTHING for skin except irritate it! All of these reviewers saying it broke them out, Thats the lavender oil. yeah, it smells nice, but its so bad for skin. it irritates, kills good skin cells, slows cell regeneration etc etc I've emailed bobbi brown a million and one times suggesting they take it out because if they did a lot more people would like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by sophie94

Love this foundation! Makes my skin look so even and lasts the whole day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by keliece

This foundation is a great choice for someone with combination/acne prone skin. I have gone through my first bottle. I have received many compliments about how glowy my skin looks. The only problem with this product is that there is not a perfect match for my skin tone. I am currently wearing Cool Beige, but have to really make sure to brighten up with blush and bronzer. I wish they had a color that was more pink.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by katebollinger2

I did a foundation color scan at Sephora and this was my best match. The color matched well with my skin. I got the Warm Sand and I am a MAC NC20. It didn't make my skin look wrinkly which was good, However, my skin which rarely gets a pimple broke out in cystic acne on my nose. It was awful. As soon as I stopped it went away. Then I started using it again just to be sure since I didn't want to waste an expensive foundation, and it broke out again. On top of that, this product is tested on animals! I am definitely going to get something from Tarte, Two Faced or Urban Decay which isn't tested on animals and won't give me acne!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by veronika2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

love this foundation. doesnt irritate my sensitive skin. i have oily skin espicialy my t-zone and didnt get shiny. i wore it with a primer as i usualy do, looked very natural, not cakey at all,, will repurchace again

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by HollieDahhrlinn

Personally, out of all the foundations I have tried recently; this is one that I would buy again. This foundation is long lasting with a good powder over the top, something like Laura Mercier translucent powder but it does get a little greasy during the day with my combination skin.

The finish is quite matte but has a lightweight finish, not looking heavy on the skin. I like this foundation because of all the shades that are available as well as its smell, its fragrant cucumber scent smells divine.

Its a great mixer foundation if another brand is too dewy, I'll mix this in or sometimes I use this to lighten another foundation that I have. Once I run out I do think i'll be sad but don't know if i'd buy this again to wear on its own.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Shamar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I think this is a great foundation in terms of coverage and its long wearing abilities. However, it contains lavender oil. Lavender oil is scientifically proven to aggravate the skin and can lead to increase in redness and breakouts. This ingredient alone ruins the whole foundation for me. It just isn't necessary at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by jackiekane

I was looking for the "long lasting natural finish foundation" of Bobbi Brown, the vendor gave me this product and its totally different from what I was looking for.
She gave me the same color as I had in the old foundation but when I compared them the new product is darker. In addition to that it's thicker and I'm not feeling comfortable at all with this make up. It's heavy und every time I touch my skin, it feels sticky. And it smells like lavender.

I would never ever buy this again
I think the main reason why I "hate" this foundation is because of the disapointment that the old foundation was so awesome and light so that it is impossible to compare these two foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by PearlsGirl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg I don't usually buy foundations without testing and lots of research first, and I broke my rule and bought this anyway. I had asked for a sample but the makeup counter guy basically ignored my request and went on about how they like to apply it for you at the counter and you see it that way. So I thought I may as well get him to apply it, go shopping for a few hours, and then see what it's like after a few hours. The colour match is was great (Warm Natural 4.5) and the formulation gave a good natural coverage. So I was happy. There was some shine, but I thought that might have been because I had been in and out of shops and various warm and cool temperatures. So I thought screw it, I'll buy it since Bobbi Brown is so highly rated.
Now, I am a moron for not going with my instinct of using samples for a few days first because my skin is horribly oily and something a lot of people don't understand (they thing you're just exaggerating but in reality I am an oil slick.) The foundation is full on shiny all over in under an hour, and the worst bit is that it is STICKY. I have never had a foundation that feels sticky to the touch. And no matter how much powder I put on top, it is still sticky and shiny. How is that even possible?! For £30 it was an expensive mistake.