July 29, 2014 | 2011 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Best BB I've tried so far. (I've found them to be too cakey). This would make me look like I was trying to be a fairy if I wore it alone, but under light dust of powder, looks fantastic. I have that healthy, glowing from within look. I get my skincare from my skincare, so my expectations weren't enormous. Surprisingly, my very irritated, red cheeks look much better after two week's use. I use Retin-A and find it quite moisturising enough after I cleanse with micellar water, but the SPF could be higher. I don't know how it's going to go under my SPF 50 now the weather's warming up.

EDIT: Have bought the medium shade as well - it seems slightly more matte than the light one. (But never fear - the light one serves as a spectacular highlighter!!!) They blend together well, without being too pink!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Hanns93

Pros:
- Redness in my skin was improved a little after about a week.
- I had fewer breakouts.
- It's not too pigmented; so the color choices are very forgiving.
- It doesn't turn orange! Yay!
- IT'S NOT CAKEY! YES!!!

Cons:
- Coverage is only OK. If stippled with a brush you can get a little bit
more.
- It has a bit of a dirty gritty feeling while on your skin. Bluh.
- If applied too heavily, it can look shiny.

This is the first drugstore BB Cream I've liked. The only one that actually does what it claims. Better than a tinted moisturizer but not the best BB Cream, I'm sure. A good basic option though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by mackenziehope

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim because I had a coupon for $2 off or something and it still came to almost $20. I did not read the packaging fully to see illuminator, so I was shocked when my skin looked oily and greasy. This bb cream covers NOTHING, leaves me streaky no matter how well I blend and makes me look like I have not washed my face for days.. May work well on drier skin types, however. I may use this as a highlighter if I run out of my benefit one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Huntress3

Really wanted to like this but I felt like it was to orange for me eventhough everyone told me I did not look orange. When I first put this on the scent was nice but I eventually ending up scrubbing this off my face at work because the smell got to me and was giving me a headache. I guess for someone who isn't sensitive to smells would like this. I am going back to the Maybelline BB cream since it has no scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by ncjdivadancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loving this BB Cream. I got it on sale for 11.99$ at rite aid and got an UP+ reward, otherwise I think it is $16.99 at Ulta- which I think is a lot of money for this or any drugstore BB cream. I would buy again on sale. I find it's similar to the Garnier BB cream (scent is even similar), however the finish is not quite as dewy on me, and is more velvety instead.

I usually buy the light/medium shade, but went with the light since reviews were saying it oxidized to have organe-ish hues, plus it's still winter here and I haven't seen much sun yet. I'm glad I went with the light. It hasn't oxidized at all for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Avice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This didn't make me break out and worked as sunscreen, which gives it an edge over many foundations I've tries. However, I won't be buying it again. The cream feels very heavy for relatively light coverage. The Light color gave my face overall a faint orange tint. And worst of all for me, the cream makes my face shiny as I first apply it, and my face just gets shinier and more oily as the day goes on. I'll mix what I have left with some more neutral tinted moisturizer, just to use up what's left, and then I'm done.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedskier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first BB cream I've tried and the velvety feel made me a fan of BB creams. I like the feel of this cream and the way it makes my skin feel. It's very moisturizing and has a light coverage. I use a fuller coverage foundation around my eyes and nose to give added coverage. Check out the color prior to buying because the Medium was slightly too dark for me without a tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by xbeth77x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the negative reviews for this bb cream. I love it! It did not turn my face orange and actually matched my skin pretty perfectly (unlike the garnier bb cream which does turn my face orange). I also have sensitive skin and this did not break me out at all. I really like how light this bb cream feels on. I could see why someone who likes really thick coverage wouldn't like this though. It is similar to tinted moisturizers. The first day I wore this bb cream I got two compliments on my skin! So I would definitely say give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by cthuggin

I don't understand why people are being so negative about this product either. Although, I do get why people say it's turning them orange. I tested the medium on the back of my hand to see if it would be my shade and it turned out WAY too dark and contrasted. I was a bit surprise since medium tones usually fit me well. so I went with the light and it was perfect! I've only tried 4 bb creams. 2 from the holika holika brand (lovely, inexpensive bb creams, although a tad light), the garnier bb cream (oily oily oily) and the l'oreal youth code. it may not be the most perfect bb cream out there, but i prefer it so much more than the garnier one. 4.5 out of 5. ☆〜(ゝ。∂)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by mswalker225

I usually never buy anything without reading a review about it first, but i had a coupon for this and it was on sale, so i decided why not. I got home and before using it, i decided to look up reviews, after reading the bad reviews i was worried and upset with my product choice, so i decided to just try it out now. So far i like it alot better than the garnier bb cream, the garnier feels heavy on my face, and oily, like im wearing a thick make up. This bb cream feels light on my face and not sticky, and NO IT DID NOT TURN ORANGE ON ME! it has a light a coverage and im liking it alot so far, i will write another review overtime to see it help my skins overall apparance like it claims, hopefully it does cuase thats the main reason i am using bb creams, and THE SPF 15, I LOVE THAT IT HAS SUNSCREEN, AND I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT IT ONLY BEING SPF 15, DO YOUR RESEARCH ON SUNSCREEN, AND SPF 15 IS REALLY NO DIFFERENT THAN SPF 30. AND I MUST SAY I WORE ONLY SPF 15 SUNCREEN ON MY FACE WHILE I WAS FLORIDA AND MY FACE NEVER BURNED. I WILL RECOMMEND IF YOUR LOOKING FOR MORE COVERAGE, USE A POWDER FOUNDATION OVER YOUR BB CREAM. sweep it on lightly to give amazing natural looking coverage, not cakey. YES i am young, but i decided to get youth code cause to me its never to early to start fighting against aging.. lol :) hope this review was helpfull. and remember it really just depends on your own skin type, and color to see if a product will work for you, everybodys skin is unique in its own way.