L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

3.1

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 4% • TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.6% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: WATER • ISONONYL ISONONANOATE • ISOHEXADECANE • GLYCERIN • ALCOHOL DENAT. • PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE • METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE • CETYL PALMITATE • NYLON-12 • CYCLOHEXASILOXANE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE • STEARYL ALCOHOL • MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CARPRYLYL GLYCOL • LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE • ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE • DISODIUM EDTA • LINALOOL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • LIMONENE • NIACINAMIDE • TRIETHANOLAMINE • CAFFEINE • TOCOPHERYL ACETATE • ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE • OXOTHIAZOLIDINECARBOXYLIC ACID • BENZYL ALCOHOL • GERANIOL • CELLULOSE ACETATE BUTYRATE • POLYPHOSPHORYLCHOLINE GLYCOL ACRYLATE •CITRAL • AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYDIMETHYL TAURATE • CASTANEA SATIVA (CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT • POLYVINYL ALCOHOL • SODIUM CHLORIDE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • SODIUM HYALURONATE • FRAGRANCE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES • BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE

on 6/26/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm soooo disappointed with this. Why did l'oreal a company famous for making high quality foundations that actually match skin tones. Put out something so ORANGE and PINK. Especially for a product labelled "fair". I was hoping for a fairly neutral ivory. This product is far far too dark.It's easily 3-4 shades darker than my skin. I'm going to return this. I wish I had opened the cap before I bought this. Just looking at the color of the product inside the tube. I wouldve seen there was no way I could make this work. I like the concept but poor execution. I also hate the smell of this its like a very very strong perfumed soap smell. I also wish they made it fragrance free.

This was to be a splurge, wanted mainly for its reported reduction in dark spots.

It didn't do much for my discoloration, but it did make my skin more luminous and worked well as a daily sunscreen.

I generally wore it under full coverage foundation as I need the covering.

All in all it was a pretty good product. I wouldn't rebuy because of my reasons in trying it.

I would, however, recommend it to someone in need of a light coverage, beneficial, tinted moisturizer.

on 6/17/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Call it whatever, it is a tinted sunscreen of spf 30; which is nothing wrong.
The fault is the colour !!! I purchased the medium for my NC 35 skin, it showed up much darker, although not in a bad way, looks like I spent too much time under the sun. I do not opt for the suntan look, yet this product is about 2 shades darker than my skin. I suppose the light shade will suit me but I am not going to spent the money again.

I see so many negative reviews about this product but it just goes to show that skin care and makeup is so personal for people, I love it! Anyway, I loved this product. I had previously used the Garnier bb cream and it was a bit too dark for me. Made me look a little too orange. This bb cream is very thick and goes on pretty well when I use a stippling brush. The coverage is light to medium depending on how thick you use it. When applied to the skin it feels a bit thick also but sinks into the skin pretty quickly leaving a glowing and dewy look to the skin. It does not break me out at all and I have been using it for months. And the best part about the bb cream for me is that it does not oxidize like others I have tried. No tangerine face for me!

on 5/5/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is not a BB Cream. I wish all the big names would stop touting their so called BB creams as BB creams, cause they are not. If you have used a real Korean or Japanese BB cream you know what I am talking about. I bought this because I needed a Sunscreen plus moisturizer that would not break me out. I am actually using this under Mineral makeup and it works fine for that purpose. I would call the finish on this semi-natural and dewy. A little too oily even on my dehydrated face. I think as a Mineral makeup primer, it works fine. I need less minerals, So it's basically a tinted moisturizer/Sunscreen and not a BB cream. I won't be buying it again. I'll stick with Skin79 or Missha for a real BB cream.

I'm giving it a 3 because it's a decent primer and it does seem to blur some flaws on my face. This is not for oily skin at all. Drier types may like it.

on 5/4/2013 12:08:00 PM

Hated this thing. After all the raves about BB creams, i decided to get this one. Boy was i sooooo disappointed. Strong fragrance. the worse part, it made me break out terribly by the end of the day.

on 4/23/2013 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This definitely has a place in my arsenal. I prefer TMs or light coverage makeup. The color I purchased was light and it's a dead on match for my NW 20-23 skin. What I like about the shade is that it isn't pure gold, as I find is the norm in light shades. Stila and Maybelline I'm talking to you. The coverage is beautiful, slightly luminous, but I did notice more luminescence than I care for in the bright sunlight. I think some HD silica powder or any other sheer powder would handle this. But, today I used a tiny drop of this mixed with my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer #30 light to neutral and at the end of the day I had a non oily, not "glowy" finish. I like it. So, I am not sure if I would use it alone, but as a boost to some other more matte TMs, yes. As for the BB cream claims, I have no idea. I've never used a Japanese BB cream ad it seems that the US BB creams, for the most part, are just light foundations. Just have reasonable expectations of what products can and can't do. Price? $11.99, several coupons, final price about $8 at CVS.

on 4/18/2013 12:16:00 PM

Price: This was on sale at CVS for $11.99 + I had a coupon for a buck or two off. This is usually all I need to give something a shot.

Color: Not sure why, but CVS only had this in Light and Medium. There were no testers, but I took a shot and picked up Medium since thats what I wear for Smashboxs BB Crme. I am an NC43 and found the Medium to be a shade too light, but the formula was sheer enough that its still wearable. My neck is a shade lighter than my face, so everything blended pretty well. The color stayed true all day. I was actually hoping it would oxidize a little to darken the color a touch, but color integrity remained intact.

Texture: This was creamy, but relatively light-weight, as expected of a balm. I blended into my skin easily, without an streaking.

Packaging: Comes in a silver flip top, squeeze tube. I did not like that product has to squeeze through a small volcano to dispense. I makes the process messy and they product immediately gets caught in the cap after your first use. (Think ketchup squeeze bottle)

Overall Thoughts: This wore well, but got a little oily by the end of the day. Its nothing blotting cant fix. Im sure I could also give this a light dust of my powder foundation to correct my issue with the color and prevent the greasiness from forming. While I like this product, theres nothing exceptional about it. I would not repurchase unless I could not find anything better and this was on sale for $10 or less.

About Me: Im a skin care junkie and like to mix and match my skin care products everyday to use whatever my skin needs at that time. I have very very sensitive skin and suffer from a sun allergy, eczema, and contact dermatitis. When I do break out or have irritation, the dreaded hyperpigmentation follows. So I run the gamut on skin care products on the search for the next big thing that doesnt irritate my skin.

on 4/16/2013 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Best BB I've tried so far. (I've found them to be too cakey). This would make me look like I was trying to be a fairy if I wore it alone, but under light dust of powder, looks fantastic. I have that healthy, glowing from within look. I get my skincare from my skincare, so my expectations weren't enormous. Surprisingly, my very irritated, red cheeks look much better after two week's use. I use Retin-A and find it quite moisturising enough after I cleanse with micellar water, but the SPF could be higher. I don't know how it's going to go under my SPF 50 now the weather's warming up.

EDIT: Have bought the medium shade as well - it seems slightly more matte than the light one. (But never fear - the light one serves as a spectacular highlighter!!!) They blend together well, without being too pink!

on 4/5/2013 12:16:00 AM

Pros:
- Redness in my skin was improved a little after about a week.
- I had fewer breakouts.
- It's not too pigmented; so the color choices are very forgiving.
- It doesn't turn orange! Yay!
- IT'S NOT CAKEY! YES!!!

Cons:
- Coverage is only OK. If stippled with a brush you can get a little bit
more.
- It has a bit of a dirty gritty feeling while on your skin. Bluh.
- If applied too heavily, it can look shiny.

This is the first drugstore BB Cream I've liked. The only one that actually does what it claims. Better than a tinted moisturizer but not the best BB Cream, I'm sure. A good basic option though.