April 20, 2014 | 928 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Avice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This didn't make me break out and worked as sunscreen, which gives it an edge over many foundations I've tries. However, I won't be buying it again. The cream feels very heavy for relatively light coverage. The Light color gave my face overall a faint orange tint. And worst of all for me, the cream makes my face shiny as I first apply it, and my face just gets shinier and more oily as the day goes on. I'll mix what I have left with some more neutral tinted moisturizer, just to use up what's left, and then I'm done.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedskier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first BB cream I've tried and the velvety feel made me a fan of BB creams. I like the feel of this cream and the way it makes my skin feel. It's very moisturizing and has a light coverage. I use a fuller coverage foundation around my eyes and nose to give added coverage. Check out the color prior to buying because the Medium was slightly too dark for me without a tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by xbeth77x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the negative reviews for this bb cream. I love it! It did not turn my face orange and actually matched my skin pretty perfectly (unlike the garnier bb cream which does turn my face orange). I also have sensitive skin and this did not break me out at all. I really like how light this bb cream feels on. I could see why someone who likes really thick coverage wouldn't like this though. It is similar to tinted moisturizers. The first day I wore this bb cream I got two compliments on my skin! So I would definitely say give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by cthuggin

I don't understand why people are being so negative about this product either. Although, I do get why people say it's turning them orange. I tested the medium on the back of my hand to see if it would be my shade and it turned out WAY too dark and contrasted. I was a bit surprise since medium tones usually fit me well. so I went with the light and it was perfect! I've only tried 4 bb creams. 2 from the holika holika brand (lovely, inexpensive bb creams, although a tad light), the garnier bb cream (oily oily oily) and the l'oreal youth code. it may not be the most perfect bb cream out there, but i prefer it so much more than the garnier one. 4.5 out of 5. ☆〜(ゝ。∂)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by mswalker225

I usually never buy anything without reading a review about it first, but i had a coupon for this and it was on sale, so i decided why not. I got home and before using it, i decided to look up reviews, after reading the bad reviews i was worried and upset with my product choice, so i decided to just try it out now. So far i like it alot better than the garnier bb cream, the garnier feels heavy on my face, and oily, like im wearing a thick make up. This bb cream feels light on my face and not sticky, and NO IT DID NOT TURN ORANGE ON ME! it has a light a coverage and im liking it alot so far, i will write another review overtime to see it help my skins overall apparance like it claims, hopefully it does cuase thats the main reason i am using bb creams, and THE SPF 15, I LOVE THAT IT HAS SUNSCREEN, AND I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT IT ONLY BEING SPF 15, DO YOUR RESEARCH ON SUNSCREEN, AND SPF 15 IS REALLY NO DIFFERENT THAN SPF 30. AND I MUST SAY I WORE ONLY SPF 15 SUNCREEN ON MY FACE WHILE I WAS FLORIDA AND MY FACE NEVER BURNED. I WILL RECOMMEND IF YOUR LOOKING FOR MORE COVERAGE, USE A POWDER FOUNDATION OVER YOUR BB CREAM. sweep it on lightly to give amazing natural looking coverage, not cakey. YES i am young, but i decided to get youth code cause to me its never to early to start fighting against aging.. lol :) hope this review was helpfull. and remember it really just depends on your own skin type, and color to see if a product will work for you, everybodys skin is unique in its own way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has SPF 15 and comes in light or medium. I find that I need both....in winter light alone works well, medium works in summer or when applying this during the day over my usual sunscreen which contains ZO and is somewhat whitening. The finish this gives is nice. Dewey, light diffusing, blurs imperfections as a BB cream should. The issue.....it slides all over the place. Just does not stay put, at all. I might add that I am 41 and this review is written during winter. While my skin does tend towards oiliness, I think this is only suited to those with much, much drier skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by crf

Too oily for my skin. The medium is also too dark.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by emmako

This product is suppose to be an anti-ageing bb cream, well most of the good asian BB creams are already anti-ageing products, without clogging the pores or irritating the skin. This product didn't do anything for my skin, not a good coverage at all, and caused me break outs. This product made me give up on trying the western BB creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by hivanessa28

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the negative comments about this product turning orange on them; for thats why I LOVE this drug store makeup! I have fair, but pink skin and found most foundations have too much yellow, or orange, or even brown in them... but this one stayed true to my fair color. Its not just a tinted moisturizer, either. Its a unique blend of a foundation; good SPF and less greasy than many. This one is slightly thick, but spreads easily. It dries nicely. And stays on extremely well though out the day. I have mature skin that needs some coverage, some brightening and this product does all that well. I've used this for about two months now and am very pleased.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by drbrn_grl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Not a fan. I already had the L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier and I really like it. But since this is made for more mature skin, I thought I would try it.

First, it's really, really thick. I didn't like the way it felt on my face. It's got a pretty strong fragrance, too, which isn't bad except that is an irritant for some people. The Light is way, way too pink -- and not all that light either. Although it seemed to buff into my skin nicely, my face ended up a completely different color than my neck.

It is heavily pigmented for a BB cream, although I can't say that it really covered anything. Back to Ulta it goes.