October 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is not a BB Cream. I wish all the big names would stop touting their so called BB creams as BB creams, cause they are not. If you have used a real Korean or Japanese BB cream you know what I am talking about. I bought this because I needed a Sunscreen plus moisturizer that would not break me out. I am actually using this under Mineral makeup and it works fine for that purpose. I would call the finish on this semi-natural and dewy. A little too oily even on my dehydrated face. I think as a Mineral makeup primer, it works fine. I need less minerals, So it's basically a tinted moisturizer/Sunscreen and not a BB cream. I won't be buying it again. I'll stick with Skin79 or Missha for a real BB cream.

I'm giving it a 3 because it's a decent primer and it does seem to blur some flaws on my face. This is not for oily skin at all. Drier types may like it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by GeriTaitague

Hated this thing. After all the raves about BB creams, i decided to get this one. Boy was i sooooo disappointed. Strong fragrance. the worse part, it made me break out terribly by the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This definitely has a place in my arsenal. I prefer TMs or light coverage makeup. The color I purchased was light and it's a dead on match for my NW 20-23 skin. What I like about the shade is that it isn't pure gold, as I find is the norm in light shades. Stila and Maybelline I'm talking to you. The coverage is beautiful, slightly luminous, but I did notice more luminescence than I care for in the bright sunlight. I think some HD silica powder or any other sheer powder would handle this. But, today I used a tiny drop of this mixed with my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer #30 light to neutral and at the end of the day I had a non oily, not "glowy" finish. I like it. So, I am not sure if I would use it alone, but as a boost to some other more matte TMs, yes. As for the BB cream claims, I have no idea. I've never used a Japanese BB cream ad it seems that the US BB creams, for the most part, are just light foundations. Just have reasonable expectations of what products can and can't do. Price? $11.99, several coupons, final price about $8 at CVS.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Amandine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Price: This was on sale at CVS for $11.99 + I had a coupon for a buck or two off. This is usually all I need to give something a shot.

Color: Not sure why, but CVS only had this in Light and Medium. There were no testers, but I took a shot and picked up Medium since thats what I wear for Smashboxs BB Crme. I am an NC43 and found the Medium to be a shade too light, but the formula was sheer enough that its still wearable. My neck is a shade lighter than my face, so everything blended pretty well. The color stayed true all day. I was actually hoping it would oxidize a little to darken the color a touch, but color integrity remained intact.

Texture: This was creamy, but relatively light-weight, as expected of a balm. I blended into my skin easily, without an streaking.

Packaging: Comes in a silver flip top, squeeze tube. I did not like that product has to squeeze through a small volcano to dispense. I makes the process messy and they product immediately gets caught in the cap after your first use. (Think ketchup squeeze bottle)

Overall Thoughts: This wore well, but got a little oily by the end of the day. Its nothing blotting cant fix. Im sure I could also give this a light dust of my powder foundation to correct my issue with the color and prevent the greasiness from forming. While I like this product, theres nothing exceptional about it. I would not repurchase unless I could not find anything better and this was on sale for $10 or less.

About Me: Im a skin care junkie and like to mix and match my skin care products everyday to use whatever my skin needs at that time. I have very very sensitive skin and suffer from a sun allergy, eczema, and contact dermatitis. When I do break out or have irritation, the dreaded hyperpigmentation follows. So I run the gamut on skin care products on the search for the next big thing that doesnt irritate my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Best BB I've tried so far. (I've found them to be too cakey). This would make me look like I was trying to be a fairy if I wore it alone, but under light dust of powder, looks fantastic. I have that healthy, glowing from within look. I get my skincare from my skincare, so my expectations weren't enormous. Surprisingly, my very irritated, red cheeks look much better after two week's use. I use Retin-A and find it quite moisturising enough after I cleanse with micellar water, but the SPF could be higher. I don't know how it's going to go under my SPF 50 now the weather's warming up.

EDIT: Have bought the medium shade as well - it seems slightly more matte than the light one. (But never fear - the light one serves as a spectacular highlighter!!!) They blend together well, without being too pink!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Hanns93

Pros:
- Redness in my skin was improved a little after about a week.
- I had fewer breakouts.
- It's not too pigmented; so the color choices are very forgiving.
- It doesn't turn orange! Yay!
- IT'S NOT CAKEY! YES!!!

Cons:
- Coverage is only OK. If stippled with a brush you can get a little bit
more.
- It has a bit of a dirty gritty feeling while on your skin. Bluh.
- If applied too heavily, it can look shiny.

This is the first drugstore BB Cream I've liked. The only one that actually does what it claims. Better than a tinted moisturizer but not the best BB Cream, I'm sure. A good basic option though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by mackenziehope

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim because I had a coupon for $2 off or something and it still came to almost $20. I did not read the packaging fully to see illuminator, so I was shocked when my skin looked oily and greasy. This bb cream covers NOTHING, leaves me streaky no matter how well I blend and makes me look like I have not washed my face for days.. May work well on drier skin types, however. I may use this as a highlighter if I run out of my benefit one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Huntress3

Really wanted to like this but I felt like it was to orange for me eventhough everyone told me I did not look orange. When I first put this on the scent was nice but I eventually ending up scrubbing this off my face at work because the smell got to me and was giving me a headache. I guess for someone who isn't sensitive to smells would like this. I am going back to the Maybelline BB cream since it has no scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by ncjdivadancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loving this BB Cream. I got it on sale for 11.99$ at rite aid and got an UP+ reward, otherwise I think it is $16.99 at Ulta- which I think is a lot of money for this or any drugstore BB cream. I would buy again on sale. I find it's similar to the Garnier BB cream (scent is even similar), however the finish is not quite as dewy on me, and is more velvety instead.

I usually buy the light/medium shade, but went with the light since reviews were saying it oxidized to have organe-ish hues, plus it's still winter here and I haven't seen much sun yet. I'm glad I went with the light. It hasn't oxidized at all for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Avice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This didn't make me break out and worked as sunscreen, which gives it an edge over many foundations I've tries. However, I won't be buying it again. The cream feels very heavy for relatively light coverage. The Light color gave my face overall a faint orange tint. And worst of all for me, the cream makes my face shiny as I first apply it, and my face just gets shinier and more oily as the day goes on. I'll mix what I have left with some more neutral tinted moisturizer, just to use up what's left, and then I'm done.