L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 10/6/2014 9:40:00 PM

Breaks me out. Sits like a mask on your face. Bad purchase!

on 10/4/2014 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this bb cream! I also love the packaging. Price was also nice, the coverage was great! it covered all my redness it does what it says.The only bad thing was it was a bit dark at first, but I shake it and it was good.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Eh. this is the first bb cream I've tried. I wouldn't buy this again but I will say I use it if I am running somewhere and want to look presentable! For daily use I just wear this underneath my press powder.

on 9/2/2014 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very mixed feelings about this product. I like how natural it looks and that this is honestly like the best coverage bb cream I've used. Thing is, this oxidizes quickly and it ends up making my skin look orange, so the color scheme isn't great. Also when I first apply it, it looks dry and flaky (this is me with my oily skin) but then it settles down after a few minutes to that natural finish, but after like 2-3 hours it looks kind of bad and pasty/orange, not to mention a bit crusty and dry. If I pair this up with a good matte powder, it lasts up to like 4-5 hours until it gets crusty. I just really don't like the color on me, and how little it lasts. Besides that, it really does do a well coverage for a bb cream. It goes on grayish, but "settles" into your skin color (not really because it oxidizes later on). So if it matches your skin color and if your skin type doesn't allow it to dry up and get crusty, then this is a really good bb cream.

on 8/18/2014 1:57:00 PM

This review is for the anti-redness BB cream in this line. I had high hopes for this product as I have broken blood vessels on my inner cheeks, near my nose that I'm self conscious about. I was hoping this alone or paired with foundation would reduce their appearance. The product comes in a tube and comes out of the tube green but is supposed to transform to a "universal shade" once you work it into the skin. This product did diminish the redness BUT it made me look like I was wearing a self tanner. It was quite yellow and at least a shade darker than my skin. So much for a "universal shade"! I did try covering it with my powered foundation but it looked way too yellow for me and it was impossible to blend it well enough to not see a line of demarcation along my jaw line. I'm sure this product will be useful for those women with medium to darker skin tones but I'm doubtful anyone with fair skin can make a go of it.

on 8/12/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product for about a year now and just recently switched in favor of a full-coverage foundation. I'll keep this around for light coverage/casual wear or throw it in a travel bag for a pinch (the tube makes it a good traveler), but I like my full coverage for everyday wear now.

This product is a little odd - comes out of the tube looking more like a face scrub (complete with granules) than a foundation or BB cream. It also has a gray cast to it, and goes on looking white, almost like a mask! It quickly changes to an appropriate color, however. The granules also dissolve but it does feel a little gritty on your face and I'm guessing that could be irritating or just unpleasant for some.

The lightest shade available is a decent match for me, but since it is very light coverage that is less of an issue than it would be otherwise. I find that a tube lasts a fairly long time, and I always use coupons/ExtraBucks to purchase this so the price is fair in my opinion. I didn't have any issues with this breaking me out or causing problems.

In summation I would use this again if I ran out of my HG foundation (Armani Luminous Silk liquid in shade 3) or if I was running to the store or something, but I won't rely on it as a must-have anymore.

on 8/11/2014 9:41:00 PM

I have a lot of acne scars and a couple acne here and there. this product blends easily and has medium/light coverage, i just put a second layer on where my acne scars are for a bit more coverage. it is not cakey at all and very natural looking. i bought this twice but have started thinking maybe this cream is why i break out. i only wear this once in awhile, when im going out but it is really natural and kind of a dewy finish. recommend setting with a great matte powder. its a bit on the pricey side but totally worth it if you're like me and only need this once in awhile

I was surprised at the negative reviews on this product! I bought this because it says that it: Primes, Hydrates, and Corrects. I am not usually a fan of BB Creams because they tend to be too light of a coverage for me. I bought this in the shade Light , and it is pretty dark (orange on my neutral skin tone) for me. However, if I apply this with my fingers all over my face and a little down my neck, I hardly have to conceal any 'spots' that I have. I get red spots and dark spots on my face and I normally have to conceal a bunch before I apply my foundation. So what I do is I apply this on my face, apply concealer over the problem areas that still show through, and put my regular foundation on over this. ! It sounds like it would make a face look cakey, but it does NOT ! It makes my foundation look like part of my skin and I've gotten tons of compliments. Before using this product under my foundation, my Foundation didn't look natural or like it matched very well. I love this as a primer and it works very well at coverage and staying put all day. When I repurchase, I will repurchase in Very Light instead of Light(:

on 8/7/2014 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product 2 years ago. I have a light-medium skin tone, so i though that the color light would be good. But I was wrong, it turns on too orange and dark on my skin. I like the texture, but i cannot use this product without blending previously with moisturizer. I cannot really know and say to you guys if this is a good product or if it covers up, but i don't know if even i had chosen the fair color, i would like.

on 8/2/2014 9:49:00 AM

Unpleasant and off putting-- it goes on a grainy, greasy, gray drip and turns into a marginally acceptable foundation. The "Medium" color turns too peachy for my pale olive skin unless I blend quickly and thoroughly. It also separates in the tube over a short time- 3 weeks so I have to remember to shake it up so it doesn't dispense a watery drip. Very disappointing, wish I could find my receipt.