L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 11/25/2014 5:22:00 PM

I love this bb cream. It's the first one I've ever liked. The finish is great minimizes the look of pores, has decent coverage. Stays on for a long time. It feels very smooth on the skin. I have very oily skin and it works pretty well as to not get very greasy looking by the end of the day. The color adjusts to your skin very well, it's almost like..... Magic!

on 11/19/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I bought this in mediumand it is one of the best bb creamsive tried. Its almost an exact match to my skin tone and leaves a matte finish all day. I would say it has medium coverage.

I purchased the lightest shade, "Fair". I did NOT realize that this is one of those adjusts-to-match-your-skintone products. Gotta read the fine print next time. These NEVER work for me, but instead alway morph into some kind of dark orange mess. It started off as a pretty good match but only for about 5 seconds, and then it continued to oxidize and get darker and more orange as the day went on. It also had a "gritty" texture that felt very strange and unpleasant to rub in.

on 11/15/2014 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

If I pat this on with fingertips rather than smoothing/wiping/brushing it onto my face, it's just about the perfect finish -- spread thickly for heavier coverage I'm not so impressed, but heavy coverage is not my thing anyway. The fair is perfect for me except in high summer when it's sometimes a tiny bit light -- it stays put like a champ through heavy hot-weather sweating. I've never seen a hint of the orange some reviewers complained of. It's never broken me out. I need less than a pea-sized amount to do my whole face, and it lasts quite a while. I'm pretty fickle about foundations and I've gone through about four tubes of this stuff now. For twelve bucks, what more can I ask?

on 11/14/2014 9:49:00 PM

This is my second favorite US BB cream from the drugstore. I'm in the color medium & it blends perfectly for me. It's one of those that come out grey but then blends into your skin tone so don't be alarmed when you first squeeze it out. I don't care for squeeze bottles but I like that this one has a tapered nozzle so it really helps control how much you squeeze out. The coverage is light to medium but it's really light on the skin & great for those good skin days were you just want to even out your skin tone.

on 11/14/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

After using this BB cream for months, I'm downgrading it from 5 lippies to 3. I usually wear a very light layer of Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation, so I am used to light coverage. I think this cream works great for what it is--basically a tinted moisturizer. However, it does not moisturize. I do find that my skin feels a little tight immediately after application, but it doesn't look dry at all and has no negative lasting consequences. It helps to even out my skin tone and I like to wear it during the day on weekends when I am just running errands. The packaging has a very small hole for dispensing from the squeeze tube and I find that I use quite a small amount to cover my face. I have normal skin and while it does not look oily at the end of the day in the winter, it looks greasy in warmer weather. I think that I would rather use Maybelline's Dream Wonder Touch Liquid in place of this for very light coverage.

on 11/14/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this and i like it. I like it for days where i just want to even out my skin tone. I also at times use it as a base before applying my foundation. Its better than other bb creams I've tried, it keeps my blush on all day, it does get a little oily but not too excessive, I do like it and I would recommend it, even if it's just used as a base.

on 11/10/2014 11:40:00 PM

I honestly love the feel of this bb cream. It is honestly so soft on your skin and its great for the no-makeup look. BUT, the downside for me is the shades. The variety of shades is very limited which makes it difficult for me. The lightest shade isnt the best fit, and makes me look too tan, and the shade up makes me look darker. The packaging may be a little tricky if youre traveling. If you put the tube in your carry on, beware of leaking. Otherwise, this product is AMAZINGLY smooth and it has a great coverage. Not so impressed with the packaging and the shades...

on 11/8/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this BB cream! (if you can call it that). It's really not a BB cream in the true, Asian sense of the word. It's more like a tinted moisturizer. The coverage is very light. It mainly just evens out your skin tone. I love using this as my daily go to makeup when I am just running errands or working (I'm a nurse). It feels like I'm not wearing any makeup at all and keeps my oil at bay better than a lot of other BB creams. It says it hydrates on the tube, but I have not noticed much in the way of hydration (which is good for me). I am light olive skin toned and in the summer I wear the color "light" and in the winter I wear "fair." Both have yellowish undertones, with the light color being more yellow, and the fair is more neutral.
I will definitely continue buying this as long as L'Oreal keeps making it!!

on 10/31/2014 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my Holy Grail BB Cream. I have wanted the Dream Pure BB from Maybelline but haven't been able to use it due to my picking out the wrong shade. When I went to wal-mart the shade "light" the lightest shade was out of stock, like everything at wal-mart is. I saw this l'oreal bb and assumed I had picked up the shade "light" when really I had choosen the shade "fair". I tried it thinking that it would be far too light/pink but it matches my skin tone perfectly (very yellow undertoned) which means that very pale girls won't be able to use this product; I am a light-medium Hispanic skin tone and "fair" is the lightest shade they offer. One lippie off. Other than that, this is perfect for my dry skin. It's not very moisturizing but it covers my acne and scars like a foundation. That being said I am someone who hydrates a lot at night and prefers something matte even though I have dry skin. This, however, feels very light on the skin and I would repurchase.