L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 1/7/2015 1:49:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product since everyone loves the true match line from Loreal... but i can't get along with it.. I bought the shade C3 (im around an nw20/nc15 in the winter and nc30 in the summer) and at first its a great match, then it oxidizes to a horrible dark orangey color. The foundation is medium coverage, that is slightly buildable. I find that for me the foundation covers most of my redness and light scarring, anything more severe you have to go in with a concealer. I have dry to normal skin and with this foundation after setting with a powder i find my skin looks more like an oily hotmess rather than a luminous glow in about 4 hours.. With other foundations like my Revlon Colorstay I never have to do touchups throughout the day. This foundation also only lasted around 6 hours on my skin, it also fades away in a very patchy and blotchy manner. One thing I do like about this foundation is that it has a nice pump that comes with the foundation and is easy to find at all drugstore and supermarkets. I feel this foundation tries (and fails) to be like Mac's Studio Sculpt, which I love. Thinking and hoping that Target will accept this as a return.

on 1/5/2015 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Well, I'm really loving this foundation. My skin background is NW20, combo (dry winter/ oily summer) and very rare breakouts. I have pretty good skin, and I guarantee that is probably why this foundation works so well for me. I can totally see where one problem area could make this a no go, I doubt it would control oiliness and I doubt it would offer any major coverage for problematic areas.

I usually lean toward HE foundation because DS just never seems to work for me. For the past year I've been wearing Smashbox 15 hr and MAC pro long wear. I love, really love, both but... the Smashbox is finicky in application and time consuming and the MAC is just harsh on my face and I don't like to wear it everyday, not to mention it is very dry and frankly, it looks like crap in the winter. So that's how I ended up with True Match Lumi in my bag. I cannot fuss with my foundation every morning and my skin has been so dry this winter the MAC is making me look (gasp) OLD.

I needed something easy, moisturizing and reflective. Those attributes lead me to this and I'm glad I broke down and gave it a try because I was skeptical after a less than satisfactory experience with the Super Blendable Tue Match. LOVE, lol, seriously! It's so easy to put on, makes me look hydrated and plumped, has great medium coverage and lasts really well. It doesn't have the intense staying power of the foundations I'm currently using, but it gets the job done with integrity (and spf!). It's also a total value for me since the price point is DS. Last but not least, I'm so happy it comes in a pump bottle. That is a deal breaker for me, I just can't fumble with "pour out" style bottles, I have no patience for them, so this product being in my all time favorite style of dispenser is my cherry on top :)

on 1/2/2015 11:42:00 AM

This foundation is fine, but nothing special. I have dry skin and so the luminous finish appealed to me. It does have a fairly natural/luminous finish, which is nice. The coverage is light to medium, and I prefer more coverage. I also found that it looks quite streaky when I try to apply with a brush, it applies better with a damp foundation sponge, but this sheers it out, which, again, isn't the look I'm going for. The lasting power was fine. All in all, just mediocre and not something I'll repurchase, but not a bad foundation for the drugstore.

on 12/29/2014 10:56:00 AM

At first I didn't get on with this at all, but after giving it a chance I realised to reach it's full potential I had to moisturise fully before hand a stipple it on (Mac 187) rather than using a flat foundation brush (Mac 109). Now it gives me good coverage and isn't cakey or dry. I would definitley recommend this for a drugstore everyday foundation! For those wondering I'm a NW10 in Mac and a W1 in this. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product after finishing up my original true match foundation (which I love) and decided to give it a try. I thought this stuff would be 10x better than the true match super blendable makeup but it just did not work for me. I feel as if this foundation would be perfect for those with very dry skin. My skin is oily to combination and made my face look like a blot of grease within just an hour of wearing. Very annoying to touch up because I would have to do it every other hour or so, and it felt so disgusting because I was just caking up more and more powder onto my face. Everytime I wore this foundation I could not wait to take it off at the end of the day. I definitley would not recommend this to people with oily skin. I'm sure it works great on dry skin. One thing I can't complain about it the finish it gives. It gives a very luminous, healthy glow to the face after applying. I was not very fond of the coverage though. The packaging is great because of the pump it makes it so much easier to get the right amount of makeup needed.

on 12/28/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this even though I have an oily t-zone because I wanted to mix this with my überMatte (almost dead and chalky) looking foundations. And I love it. I wear it all on it's own some days. When worn alone it needs to be set with powder and I need to blot throughout the day. Which isn't that big a deal to me. I love the color match for my nc42-44 skin (I wear N7-8) and I love how it's not too heavy a coverage. The pump is amazing, and I love this applied with my Beauty Blender and my Real Techniques Buffer and Expert Face brushes.

on 12/22/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For starters, I have oily skin (I should have taken this into consideration due to the fact that it is a aluminizing foundation) and this factors into my review. So although this product didn't work well for me, it may work wonders for you!!! I used this product for a good month to get the feel of it and see how it worked with my skin. This product definitely didn't do anything good for my skin. At first application, the finish it had was amazing! I loved the way it made my skin look, but after about an hour, my face looked a hot mess. It began to wear off, get splotchy; basically, my face looked like it was melting off. I usually have pretty cooperative skin, but another con I have with this foundation is, it caused severe break outs. Like I said, I've always had nice skin so a breakout is a rarety for me. I knew it was the foundation! I wouldn't ever buy this product again, for me, but I would give it a try if you have dry skin. It definitely has a very beautiful natural finish but because of the fact that I have oily skin, it just didn't work for me.

on 12/15/2014 6:58:00 PM

I find it does not cover as much as I would like it too but you do have to build it up quite a bit in order to cover scarring or blemishes which means using more product than needed unlike my Mac Studio Sculpt,this doesn't make me as happy as MAC does on coverage, thin consistency and feels very light and moisturizing to the skin feels really good and not cakey, and I do like a heavier coverage as my face is quite red and it's a great color matches quite well as I wanted a lighter winter foundation and this worked quite well, I don't like the fact that I have to build it up quite a bit or that I have to use quite a bit when using (about 6 pumps) which means that I have to buy more and it runs out faster but overall I am semi happy with it not totally satisfied like I am with MAC but will suffice for no and a great foundation for its price I would probably would buy this again depending on the situation but as of now no.

on 12/9/2014 10:29:00 PM

I have to say that this foundation is great for a drugstore brand! I have dry skin and the winter I need a little more coverage then just my BB cream so I chose this, when you go to wal mart there is an index sized card with all the shades of foundation you hold it up to the under side of the wrist an inch or two away and whenever you see the little square of color like disappear then that's your shade! It's pretty cool , I did it and the color match was perfect! But anyways getting to the foundation lol it's not to heavy and not to light... And it doesn't look caked on when you put it on, I use a stippling brush to apply and set it with translucent powder and it looks great. I usually use MAC but it's way to heavy to use all the time .. This new foundation is my favorite :-) I would deff recommend..

on 12/8/2014 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff, I have dry skin and this just feels like my face is being moisturized when I apply this. It's very light on the skin and gives you great coverage!