August 21, 2014 | 1756 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by pretty_baby1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Being a server, I am looking for stuff that last and this stuff does. I can also go without eyeliner if in a hurry as this really does make my eyes "pop". For the price, you can't beat this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally don't buy drugstore mascaras. Not because I'm a label snob but because most are disappointing. Maybelline is probably the second line that is guilty of marketing a ton of ho hum mascaras (L'Oreal is first). Since Maybelline has been coming out with a zillion new mascaras these days, I figured they might get one right. Admittedly, I was also sucked in by the claim that this is some sort of gel mousse. For some reason, I find that anything that is described as a gel or a mousse interesting.

I've used this for at least three months now and I find it to be pretty good. Nothing amazing (it won't give you mile long, gloriously thick lashes) but certainly not as bad as their other offerings (Great Lash...ugh!). The waterproof version also seems to hold up well. I never get flakies or panda eyes but I feel like this does sort of wear off throughout the day. I get that feeling from most drugstore mascaras so it's either psychological or they really do. I've found no trouble taking this off. I use Shu Uemura oil to remove my makeup and this just melts off.

The only con for this mascara is that the brush is a bit wobbly. By wobbly I mean that the stick on which the brush is attached seems like it's a bit looser than other brands. I suppose that is the "Flexor brush" which I guess is suppose to flex to your lashes? Whatever is it, I did notice it (and still do) when I apply it. The brush isn't loose enough to cause any damage and I suppose it does help apply the product when you wiggle it on your lashline, but it's still takes a bit getting used to.

Overall, I would recommend this as an everyday mascara. It gives enough length and volume to bring out your eyes but not enough to really cause a sensation so it's perfect for work or school. It's also moderately priced and can typically be found on sale at various stores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This mascara is not amazing...but its definitely not half as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be. I bought this mascara in waterproof to use for concerts and when I go to workout since those are two occasions where I do not want my mascara to budge at all. I bought this because in the adverts the brush looked really full and I find that full brushes usually do best with my lashes. The brush isn't as full as it seems- I think the angle that the photographer used to take the photo of the brush makes the bristles look a lot more dense than they are- all those marketing tricks that they use! The wand has a little pinch in it near the brush to form around your lashes which I find a little tedious but not too bad. While I don't find that this mascara gives me a false lash feel at all, I do think it gives you really nice defined lashes for everyday. On the first coat your lashes are going to look super natural but once you have even a second coat on there you start noticing the difference though you never do get that super full look. I like that my lashes are soft after using this, they don't feel stiff and weighed down and the curl lasts. As well, its very waterproof, but easy to take off with the makeup remover of your choice. I know a lot of people love the packaging for Maybelline mascaras but I think it looks super tacky and cheap but luckily its not a product that I will be whipping out during the day to reapply. Nice mascara, but definitely nothing special.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by katievaletine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara because it was very inexpensive and the packaging was cute. Little did I know that it would clump all of my lashes together. Then on top of that, it doesn't come off with anything! I tried all of my makeup removers (trust me I have a lot) and it still wouldn't come off. I do NOT recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Emmazoey

I have pretty long lashes and this flattered them! I know a lot of people think its to light but its just flexible yet at the same time stays in place. I highly recommend this product.
Edit: I thought this was good but ewww! It gets flakey and if I blink too much after applying it will give me raccoon eyes. Don't get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by picturescrazy

Love this mascara! It took me ages to find an inexpensive tube that wouldn't leave flakes on my cheeks. This formula stays on pretty well all day. It's not the best for adding length or volume, but it definitely makes a difference without having to touch up your makeup during the day.

My biggest complaint is the packaging! I've used at least 4 tubes now and the black stopper on the top ALWAYS comes lose. I have to shove it back in the tube or else the wand gets gloppy. Definitely makes a huge mess. At first I thought I got a bad tube, but it's happened every single time.
Also the wand itself isn't the best. It's a bit too fat. It's not very good at getting the smaller lashes on the inside of your eyes, but it's fine for the longer lashes on the outside.

Overall, great formula, poor packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by TASHAWEBER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was just average for me. It's ok for natural days but even then I have to curl my lashes, apply, curl again and apply again. Lengthens alright but no real volume and that kinda contradicts the name doesn't it? Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by badwolf42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I like the mascara; however, it smudges more that I want and is not as waterproof as I wanted it to be. I run everyday after my classes and in the winter I swim. By the end of the day there is always some under my my eyes where I do NOT want it. I like it I guess, but it could be better. Not worth repurchasing though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by waywardrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It clumps. It flakes. It doesn't even give good results. It is a total failure. Money wasted.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Azul27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Big disappointment ! I thought this mascara will be better than the turbo classic that is my regular mascara but for my surprise was not good.

I didn't feel that it makes my lashes look fuller and longer, It just didn't work for me !