Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof

3.4

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

The Mega Plush definitely is something I would consider again if I'm looking for a WP mascara. The brush is great for lengthening lashes but could be a bit better on the volume front. Definitely waterproof....I wore this while crying, in the shower, and in the pool and nothing! Not one smudge or streak, which is really great as I don't think all WP mascaras are actually WP in real life. The brush is overall pretty good, though I think if the bristles were denser, it would get better volume. I remove this with oil and have no problems with it coming off or raccoon eyes in the AM. Overall, pretty impressed with this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara might be ok if the wand did not flex. I love the product but application is very tricky. It's impossible to put enough pressure on the wand to really work the product into your lashes. My lashes kind of crisscross towards the outer corners so I usually have to put a good amount of pressure on the wand to push them apart and that's impossible with this one. If applied lightly it does look sort of nice and feathery but it's hard to get an even application. I usually end up with a bunch of nice feathery lashes and then a big clump of gooey lashes that are hard to separate without getting mascara all over my lids. No bueno.

on 6/23/2013 1:40:00 AM

I love this mascara! Doesn't smudge and makes my lashes really nice looking and seperated. Although it doesn't make my lashes "soft" or "feather like" as it says it does. I do feel like the formula isn't as hard or crunchy as most mascaras but it's pretty much the same, you wouldn't be able to tell if it has less wax or not. It's kinda hard to remove and can be a real pain to take off. I wouldn't repurchase it because i feel like there are better mascaras out there

on 6/19/2013 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this more than the original. it has a slightly less wet consistency and holds curls so well! such a lightweight formula yet soooo dark! love the fluffy brush, seems to lift the lashes better. the original transferred to my undereyes quite often, this happened less.

on 6/14/2013 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

It coats my lashes very unevenly--one really thick and the other barely have anything. and it straightens my lashes a bit when i apply it to curled lashes. my lashes tend to clump together slightly and point in weird directions afters using it... also it is hard to get the lashes in the corners because the tip is so big and fat. so... yeah, it is not flattering with this on my eyes :/

the only good thing is it really doesn't come off. doesn't smear anywhere until you take it off with makeup remover.

on 6/2/2013 10:57:00 AM

This it the perfect mascara if you want a natural look, with long lashes but just a little volume . It feels really light and not crunchy. A bit hard to remove, but this is ok . Really good as a summer mascara. Will recommend !

on 5/31/2013 3:36:00 PM

I love this mascara ! It's a possible HG mascara !!! This mascara lengthens and volumizes my lashes wonderfully !! I have somewhat long lashes already but they are on the sparse side. When I wear this mascara, so many people ask me if I have fake eyelashes on. Also, you just can't beat the price. This product was about $6-7 in my area. The only negative I have about this product is sometimes when I use this, the stopper pops up a little. To me, this isn't a huge deal since I can just push it back in but it's just a little annoying.

on 5/20/2013 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Honestly? I like this stuff!

I have VERY hard-to-curl lashes that aren't especially long. I also have blepharitis and have to keep my eye area clean. I'm too cheap to buy high-end mascara on a regular basis. And I'm a low-maintenance girl, I'd say 10 minutes tops for my entire makeup routine. That's a lot for a mascara to overcome. ;-D

This one does the job. It really holds the curl, adds a LOT of length, and wears all day. My lashes don't feel crunchy or stiff, and they don't get clumped together. I never do more than a single coat, and yet I have noticeably longer, curlier eyelashes. The flexing brush is not my favorite, but.....eh.

I will definitely buy this again and have recommended it to my mom and sis, too.

on 5/11/2013 3:53:00 AM

I really like this mascara. It's been my go to mascara since its release! I really love that this mascara is gel formula because it gives long, full looking lashes without them looking brittle or feeling super hard. Even if my eyeliner has smudged or it's just been one of those days, this mascara trucks on and stays in place. So I definitely recommend this product.

Being a server, I am looking for stuff that last and this stuff does. I can also go without eyeliner if in a hurry as this really does make my eyes "pop". For the price, you can't beat this stuff.

Popular Mascaras