Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof

3.4

This is a great mascara! It truly lives up to its claims and really is waterproof! It truly does give your eyelashes good volume and length without making them hard, flaky, or crumbly. When I felt my lashes, they felt much softer than when I put on other mascaras but you could still obviously feel the mascara on there. What I really like about this product though is that it's truly waterproof. I have gone to the beach and pool many many times with this and it almost never fails. Although you will probably see a little bit of it under your eyes after swimming at the beach all day (that's only expected), it really does hold up to its waterproof claims. I also love how I get such natural looking volume + length without an clumps or globbiness or crumbliness. It almost looks like you are not wearing any mascara! In fact numerous people have asked me how I get my eyelashes so long, and I just laugh and say Mascara! This product look so natural and holds up all day long! As it is a gel based formula, it may feel a little thinner than other mascaras but it still works perfectly fine. What I didn't quite understand about this product though was the "flexi-brush" idea. It honestly has made no difference, and I just don't get why they made a flexi brush. It's really the same as any other firm, non flexi brush mascara. Overall though, I love this product and I would absolutely recommend this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Great mascara, if you're looking for something natural.
Don't expect much volume.
Love it though <3

the wand is very flexible which can be good or bad depending on what look you want. If u want a more natural look this mascara is perfect for u but I don't like a natural look I like my eyes to stand out so what I do is use the mega plush as like a lash primer (in my own way) just to make my lashes separated perfectly and then I use another mascara on top and then I do a coat or two and its perfect :)

I normally prefer maybelline mascaras over high end brands like Dior or LancĂ´me for example, but absolutely love this waterproof mega blush one. 1. Keeps the curl (a must have reqmt), 2. No to minimum smudging on the lower lashes 3. Lashes feel soft & 4. Very easy to take off. As others have mentioned this gives your lashes a more natural day look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I hateeeeee this mascara. I really like the falsies but this was a total dud. The wand is very flexible. It makes it hard for me to wiggle through my lashes. The brush SUCKS. The bristles aren't even. They look like they just stick out wherever they want. It doesn't really grab at my lashes. It does not "plush" my lashes at all! All the mascara really does it just makes my lashes blacker. No length, no volume. How frustrating. The formula is kinda wet. I've tried letting it dry out because I just didn't like it so I put it away for a while. When I found it again, I tried it and nope, it still sucks. The formula smells like paint. My main "do not like" about this mascara is definitely the wand. Then the formula not really doing anything for my lashes. I would not recommend this to anyone on my personal experience.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

The Mega Plush definitely is something I would consider again if I'm looking for a WP mascara. The brush is great for lengthening lashes but could be a bit better on the volume front. Definitely waterproof....I wore this while crying, in the shower, and in the pool and nothing! Not one smudge or streak, which is really great as I don't think all WP mascaras are actually WP in real life. The brush is overall pretty good, though I think if the bristles were denser, it would get better volume. I remove this with oil and have no problems with it coming off or raccoon eyes in the AM. Overall, pretty impressed with this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara might be ok if the wand did not flex. I love the product but application is very tricky. It's impossible to put enough pressure on the wand to really work the product into your lashes. My lashes kind of crisscross towards the outer corners so I usually have to put a good amount of pressure on the wand to push them apart and that's impossible with this one. If applied lightly it does look sort of nice and feathery but it's hard to get an even application. I usually end up with a bunch of nice feathery lashes and then a big clump of gooey lashes that are hard to separate without getting mascara all over my lids. No bueno.

I love this mascara! Doesn't smudge and makes my lashes really nice looking and seperated. Although it doesn't make my lashes "soft" or "feather like" as it says it does. I do feel like the formula isn't as hard or crunchy as most mascaras but it's pretty much the same, you wouldn't be able to tell if it has less wax or not. It's kinda hard to remove and can be a real pain to take off. I wouldn't repurchase it because i feel like there are better mascaras out there

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this more than the original. it has a slightly less wet consistency and holds curls so well! such a lightweight formula yet soooo dark! love the fluffy brush, seems to lift the lashes better. the original transferred to my undereyes quite often, this happened less.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

It coats my lashes very unevenly--one really thick and the other barely have anything. and it straightens my lashes a bit when i apply it to curled lashes. my lashes tend to clump together slightly and point in weird directions afters using it... also it is hard to get the lashes in the corners because the tip is so big and fat. so... yeah, it is not flattering with this on my eyes :/

the only good thing is it really doesn't come off. doesn't smear anywhere until you take it off with makeup remover.

Popular Mascaras