November 26, 2014 | 1702 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Nealy1365

I love this mascara ! It's a possible HG mascara !!! This mascara lengthens and volumizes my lashes wonderfully !! I have somewhat long lashes already but they are on the sparse side. When I wear this mascara, so many people ask me if I have fake eyelashes on. Also, you just can't beat the price. This product was about $6-7 in my area. The only negative I have about this product is sometimes when I use this, the stopper pops up a little. To me, this isn't a huge deal since I can just push it back in but it's just a little annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by FIRMMarci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Honestly? I like this stuff!

I have VERY hard-to-curl lashes that aren't especially long. I also have blepharitis and have to keep my eye area clean. I'm too cheap to buy high-end mascara on a regular basis. And I'm a low-maintenance girl, I'd say 10 minutes tops for my entire makeup routine. That's a lot for a mascara to overcome. ;-D

This one does the job. It really holds the curl, adds a LOT of length, and wears all day. My lashes don't feel crunchy or stiff, and they don't get clumped together. I never do more than a single coat, and yet I have noticeably longer, curlier eyelashes. The flexing brush is not my favorite, but.....eh.

I will definitely buy this again and have recommended it to my mom and sis, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by lovexoxo

I really like this mascara. It's been my go to mascara since its release! I really love that this mascara is gel formula because it gives long, full looking lashes without them looking brittle or feeling super hard. Even if my eyeliner has smudged or it's just been one of those days, this mascara trucks on and stays in place. So I definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by pretty_baby1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Being a server, I am looking for stuff that last and this stuff does. I can also go without eyeliner if in a hurry as this really does make my eyes "pop". For the price, you can't beat this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally don't buy drugstore mascaras. Not because I'm a label snob but because most are disappointing. Maybelline is probably the second line that is guilty of marketing a ton of ho hum mascaras (L'Oreal is first). Since Maybelline has been coming out with a zillion new mascaras these days, I figured they might get one right. Admittedly, I was also sucked in by the claim that this is some sort of gel mousse. For some reason, I find that anything that is described as a gel or a mousse interesting.

I've used this for at least three months now and I find it to be pretty good. Nothing amazing (it won't give you mile long, gloriously thick lashes) but certainly not as bad as their other offerings (Great Lash...ugh!). The waterproof version also seems to hold up well. I never get flakies or panda eyes but I feel like this does sort of wear off throughout the day. I get that feeling from most drugstore mascaras so it's either psychological or they really do. I've found no trouble taking this off. I use Shu Uemura oil to remove my makeup and this just melts off.

The only con for this mascara is that the brush is a bit wobbly. By wobbly I mean that the stick on which the brush is attached seems like it's a bit looser than other brands. I suppose that is the "Flexor brush" which I guess is suppose to flex to your lashes? Whatever is it, I did notice it (and still do) when I apply it. The brush isn't loose enough to cause any damage and I suppose it does help apply the product when you wiggle it on your lashline, but it's still takes a bit getting used to.

Overall, I would recommend this as an everyday mascara. It gives enough length and volume to bring out your eyes but not enough to really cause a sensation so it's perfect for work or school. It's also moderately priced and can typically be found on sale at various stores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This mascara is not amazing...but its definitely not half as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be. I bought this mascara in waterproof to use for concerts and when I go to workout since those are two occasions where I do not want my mascara to budge at all. I bought this because in the adverts the brush looked really full and I find that full brushes usually do best with my lashes. The brush isn't as full as it seems- I think the angle that the photographer used to take the photo of the brush makes the bristles look a lot more dense than they are- all those marketing tricks that they use! The wand has a little pinch in it near the brush to form around your lashes which I find a little tedious but not too bad. While I don't find that this mascara gives me a false lash feel at all, I do think it gives you really nice defined lashes for everyday. On the first coat your lashes are going to look super natural but once you have even a second coat on there you start noticing the difference though you never do get that super full look. I like that my lashes are soft after using this, they don't feel stiff and weighed down and the curl lasts. As well, its very waterproof, but easy to take off with the makeup remover of your choice. I know a lot of people love the packaging for Maybelline mascaras but I think it looks super tacky and cheap but luckily its not a product that I will be whipping out during the day to reapply. Nice mascara, but definitely nothing special.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by katievaletine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara because it was very inexpensive and the packaging was cute. Little did I know that it would clump all of my lashes together. Then on top of that, it doesn't come off with anything! I tried all of my makeup removers (trust me I have a lot) and it still wouldn't come off. I do NOT recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Emmazoey

I have pretty long lashes and this flattered them! I know a lot of people think its to light but its just flexible yet at the same time stays in place. I highly recommend this product.
Edit: I thought this was good but ewww! It gets flakey and if I blink too much after applying it will give me raccoon eyes. Don't get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by picturescrazy

Love this mascara! It took me ages to find an inexpensive tube that wouldn't leave flakes on my cheeks. This formula stays on pretty well all day. It's not the best for adding length or volume, but it definitely makes a difference without having to touch up your makeup during the day.

My biggest complaint is the packaging! I've used at least 4 tubes now and the black stopper on the top ALWAYS comes lose. I have to shove it back in the tube or else the wand gets gloppy. Definitely makes a huge mess. At first I thought I got a bad tube, but it's happened every single time.
Also the wand itself isn't the best. It's a bit too fat. It's not very good at getting the smaller lashes on the inside of your eyes, but it's fine for the longer lashes on the outside.

Overall, great formula, poor packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by TASHAWEBER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was just average for me. It's ok for natural days but even then I have to curl my lashes, apply, curl again and apply again. Lengthens alright but no real volume and that kinda contradicts the name doesn't it? Wouldn't repurchase.