April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by badwolf42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I like the mascara; however, it smudges more that I want and is not as waterproof as I wanted it to be. I run everyday after my classes and in the winter I swim. By the end of the day there is always some under my my eyes where I do NOT want it. I like it I guess, but it could be better. Not worth repurchasing though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by waywardrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It clumps. It flakes. It doesn't even give good results. It is a total failure. Money wasted.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Azul27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Big disappointment ! I thought this mascara will be better than the turbo classic that is my regular mascara but for my surprise was not good.

I didn't feel that it makes my lashes look fuller and longer, It just didn't work for me !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Aw man I was so optimistic! Great definition, no clumping, very soft texture, excellent curl hold on my spare, straight, short Asian lashes. It was beautiful for 4 straight hours. Then smears. And more smears. And some more smears. Topped off with some smudging. What a bummer. I really thought it was on it's way to a new daily work friendly mascara that made my lashes pretty and defined, but not too dramatic. Unfortunately, it isn't the case. The trash it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by cutiesbyclaudia

Well I do like this mascara, however the commercial makes it sound like a completely different mascara! It is supposed to make you lashes really big and voluminous, but it almost gives a natural look! If you want the mascara because of what the commercial said it will do, then do not buy it! I have the waterproof version, so the regular may be different, but I doubt it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Meh. Not plush enough. The formula is ok, but the wand is not. It's way too bendy and I never feel like I can get a lot on my lashes. If you want something thickening, this is not it at all. It's not awful, it just doesn't give any kind of lengthening or drama at all. Now maybe if I already had long lashes, this would be good for accentuating, but for those not as blessed, look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Kind of on the fence about this one. I do love the bouncy brush and the fact that it stays on all day with no flaking or irritation. My only beef is with the fact that it's called "volume" express. It did define and separate my lashes nicely, as well as lengthen them, but no volume was added. Even with a second coat, there wasn't much volume, and I normally don't need a second coat with most mascaras. So if you like a drier mascara for a natural look, and you don't need volume (for that, Falsies is much better) then this is a good one to try. It really gives a similar effect to One by One. May repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by alvirgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is unquestionably my HG mascara, miles better than Diorshow or The Falsies or Million Lashes. I have naturally long but pale and fine lashes and deep-set eyes--with one coat of Mega Plush, my lashes touch my browbone and, with a bit of brown shadow at the outer corners, leave my eyes looking done without liner or much fuss. I have dark blonde hair, am a Soft Autumn, and wear this mascara in Brownish Black, and for me it is striking yet suitable for the office.

The dander from fiber mascaras would have my eyes irritated, red, and swollen by late afternoon, while this has done nothing to bother my sensitive eyes. I will say that it is quite difficult to remove without a long steam in the shower with a face full of cold cream, but I have never had issues with any leftover on my lashes interrupting the next day's application, or irritating my eyes. Also, I can cry for an hour straight and it doesn't budge--movie safe!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by brimariemac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just recently picked up this mascara, so I could try it out, and I have to say, I love it. It makes my lashes look great. I am very picky with my mascara wands, but I absolutely love this one. It is thick and applies the mascara amazingly. I must say, the blue and purple packaging is really cute, too. It stays on all day, and I don't find myself having to reapply it or touch it up. It doesn't make my lashes look clumpy, either. If you have been thinking about trying this product out, or on the lookout for a new mascara, definitely give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by laurenwho

I was hesitant to get this mascara but me being a mascara junkie, I bought it anyways to try it out. I was surprised that I actually kind of like this mascara. What I love is the bristles on this brush. I have long eyelashes but they stick straight down so I curl them with an eyelash curler. When I sweep this on my eyelashes it defines and separates them fairly well. It doesn't give me that wow volume I want but for a natural look this mascara does the goods. It doesn't smudge at all and lasts all day.