Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof

3.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara might be ok if the wand did not flex. I love the product but application is very tricky. It's impossible to put enough pressure on the wand to really work the product into your lashes. My lashes kind of crisscross towards the outer corners so I usually have to put a good amount of pressure on the wand to push them apart and that's impossible with this one. If applied lightly it does look sort of nice and feathery but it's hard to get an even application. I usually end up with a bunch of nice feathery lashes and then a big clump of gooey lashes that are hard to separate without getting mascara all over my lids. No bueno.

on 6/23/2013 1:40:00 AM

I love this mascara! Doesn't smudge and makes my lashes really nice looking and seperated. Although it doesn't make my lashes "soft" or "feather like" as it says it does. I do feel like the formula isn't as hard or crunchy as most mascaras but it's pretty much the same, you wouldn't be able to tell if it has less wax or not. It's kinda hard to remove and can be a real pain to take off. I wouldn't repurchase it because i feel like there are better mascaras out there

on 6/19/2013 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this more than the original. it has a slightly less wet consistency and holds curls so well! such a lightweight formula yet soooo dark! love the fluffy brush, seems to lift the lashes better. the original transferred to my undereyes quite often, this happened less.

on 6/14/2013 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

It coats my lashes very unevenly--one really thick and the other barely have anything. and it straightens my lashes a bit when i apply it to curled lashes. my lashes tend to clump together slightly and point in weird directions afters using it... also it is hard to get the lashes in the corners because the tip is so big and fat. so... yeah, it is not flattering with this on my eyes :/

the only good thing is it really doesn't come off. doesn't smear anywhere until you take it off with makeup remover.

on 6/2/2013 10:57:00 AM

This it the perfect mascara if you want a natural look, with long lashes but just a little volume . It feels really light and not crunchy. A bit hard to remove, but this is ok . Really good as a summer mascara. Will recommend !

on 5/31/2013 3:36:00 PM

I love this mascara ! It's a possible HG mascara !!! This mascara lengthens and volumizes my lashes wonderfully !! I have somewhat long lashes already but they are on the sparse side. When I wear this mascara, so many people ask me if I have fake eyelashes on. Also, you just can't beat the price. This product was about $6-7 in my area. The only negative I have about this product is sometimes when I use this, the stopper pops up a little. To me, this isn't a huge deal since I can just push it back in but it's just a little annoying.

on 5/20/2013 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Honestly? I like this stuff!

I have VERY hard-to-curl lashes that aren't especially long. I also have blepharitis and have to keep my eye area clean. I'm too cheap to buy high-end mascara on a regular basis. And I'm a low-maintenance girl, I'd say 10 minutes tops for my entire makeup routine. That's a lot for a mascara to overcome. ;-D

This one does the job. It really holds the curl, adds a LOT of length, and wears all day. My lashes don't feel crunchy or stiff, and they don't get clumped together. I never do more than a single coat, and yet I have noticeably longer, curlier eyelashes. The flexing brush is not my favorite, but.....eh.

I will definitely buy this again and have recommended it to my mom and sis, too.

on 5/11/2013 3:53:00 AM

I really like this mascara. It's been my go to mascara since its release! I really love that this mascara is gel formula because it gives long, full looking lashes without them looking brittle or feeling super hard. Even if my eyeliner has smudged or it's just been one of those days, this mascara trucks on and stays in place. So I definitely recommend this product.

Being a server, I am looking for stuff that last and this stuff does. I can also go without eyeliner if in a hurry as this really does make my eyes "pop". For the price, you can't beat this stuff.

on 4/20/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I generally don't buy drugstore mascaras. Not because I'm a label snob but because most are disappointing. Maybelline is probably the second line that is guilty of marketing a ton of ho hum mascaras (L'Oreal is first). Since Maybelline has been coming out with a zillion new mascaras these days, I figured they might get one right. Admittedly, I was also sucked in by the claim that this is some sort of gel mousse. For some reason, I find that anything that is described as a gel or a mousse interesting.

I've used this for at least three months now and I find it to be pretty good. Nothing amazing (it won't give you mile long, gloriously thick lashes) but certainly not as bad as their other offerings (Great Lash...ugh!). The waterproof version also seems to hold up well. I never get flakies or panda eyes but I feel like this does sort of wear off throughout the day. I get that feeling from most drugstore mascaras so it's either psychological or they really do. I've found no trouble taking this off. I use Shu Uemura oil to remove my makeup and this just melts off.

The only con for this mascara is that the brush is a bit wobbly. By wobbly I mean that the stick on which the brush is attached seems like it's a bit looser than other brands. I suppose that is the "Flexor brush" which I guess is suppose to flex to your lashes? Whatever is it, I did notice it (and still do) when I apply it. The brush isn't loose enough to cause any damage and I suppose it does help apply the product when you wiggle it on your lashline, but it's still takes a bit getting used to.

Overall, I would recommend this as an everyday mascara. It gives enough length and volume to bring out your eyes but not enough to really cause a sensation so it's perfect for work or school. It's also moderately priced and can typically be found on sale at various stores.