April 19, 2014 | 980 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by lotsflo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this when I cannot afford to buy more Laura Mercier mineral powder!
It comes at a very good price - especially when Boots/Superdrug have offers or sales on.

I apply this BB cream with a Real Techniques 'expert face' brush. I squirt an amount of the BB cream onto the back of my hand, and use the brush to buff the cream into my face, sections at a time.

I have fair skin, and the key to using this BB cream without it becoming too orange, is 1) to not put too much on, 2) buff it into the skin really thoroughly and 3) also apply it very evenly. If you do all those three things then it won't appear orange.

The coverage isn't heavy and isn't light either - so it's medium coverage.

I think the best things about this BB cream are that it really doesn't look like you're wearing much on your face at all, and also that it lasts for ages - almost a full day!

For me, being at university all day etc I don't have time to reapply makeup, and this BB cream really does do the job at staying put on your face!

NB - beware- if you aren't prepared to reapply makeup during the day then make sure you do NOT put lots on in the mooning - make sure you put a small amount on (a little goes a long way) and buff it evenly! Otherwise, it doe have a tendency to go orange and oily where you put more on, in certain areas of your face!

I would repurchase, purely because for what you get it is SUCH good value!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunkie036

Can you say oompaloompa? This stuff is orange!!! It comes out of the package orange, goes on my face orange, although over time it kinda tones down but still it's orange!!! I like that product itself but they should make one lighter! (And less orange) so this was my experience with this product: I had heard so many great reviews on this product so I was excited to go and try it! But when I put it on (over a primer), it looked completely orange one my skin! After about 15-20 minutes the orange kinda toned down but it even came out of the package orange!! And the packing sucks! It is so runny and messy! However after the color tones down from its orange state it looks really nice on the skin, very natural and for a bb cream very good flawless coverage! I do like this product but with they had a lighter less orange color!! Don't know about repurchasing yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by YourFaveAzn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think that this is a great bb cream for men, i use this myself to cover up any acne scars and while it doesn't conceal them entirely it does remove any redness and makes the marks less noticeable. This applies nicely and leaves a matte finish. My only issue with the packaging is that it is not a pump with isn't the most sanitary thing but thats just me being picky. Anyways, definitely a product that i will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I love this stuff! I have used many bb creams and this has become my everyday go-to.

My sister gave me this and she has oily fair skin, which is the opposite to my dry, medium skin. But it adapts well and it hasn't dried me out. In fact, I like that it is isn't oily because I use an oil serum first so it leaves my face looking natural and healthy.

The coverage is light, and is buildable if you need to dab it onto places that need more help. It gives me an awake, I eat my vegies look. I dig it. The texture is so light, I don't feel like I have anything on, unlike my other BB creams that are really thick.

But damn, the packaging is ridiculous! It is a squeeze tube for a milky liquid texture, so it is always leaking out. Blech!

If this is a natural product, I would forever use this, but it ain't. I would buy it again if I cannot find anything better.

Update: Used this, then at the end of the day had a huge cyst on my chin! I never really know what is breaking me out, but from other reviews, I think acne-prone people should beware.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by beautifyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really liked this bb cream - I have oily to combination skin and this didn't keep me totally oil free all day long but it certainly helped. I pair this with a concealer and powder for a fuller coverage, as I often have a lot of blemishes to cover. I have pretty fair skin and I found that when I first put this on (for the first hour or so) it comes out too dark and orange for my skin, and it takes awhile to oxidise before it looks better.

I am going to shop around for more fuller coverage products in the future, and ones that match my skin tone better. However I will probably repurchase this product later as it is good for days when you want to keep an extremely natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Gorgeous123

I'm truly impress and absolutely in love with this BB cream, I bought it just to give it a try but I fell in love, this gives medium/full coverage, flawless airbrush effect, I have the shade light/medium which is a little bit too light but I can work with it. I would absolutely recommend, However! I do not recommend to anyone with dry skin because it's a bit drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by dangerbob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It took over two months for my boyfriend to convince me that it was my new bb cream that was breaking my skin out.

I spent those two months telling myself otherwise - this bb cream seemed like a miracle! It blended flawlessly into my skin, it totally covered my red cheeks & ruddy nose, it made my skin smooth-looking and slightly dewey without any other makeup. It was quick to apply, it was easy to use (although it was pretty runny), and dang it made my skin look good! Somedays I would forget I had it on instead of foundation, and would catch my reflection in the mirror and be totally shocked & thrilled at how good my skin looked. Seriously, this seemed perfect for me. It (apparently) had all these benefits, it was made for my combination skin, it wasn't too heavy and it was just a little boost for my normally blemish-free skin.

Probably about a week after using it, I noticed a couple pimples on my forehead and chin. I figured maybe I was getting my period and forgot about it. I had pretty good skin, and one or two pimples from my period usually went away in a day or so.

But the pimples kept on coming. My forehead got clogged and bumpy, and the area beneath my lips got a mix of red blemishes and whiteheads. It was pretty ugly. I thought maybe I was stressed, or maybe it was a nighttime moisturizer I had reintroduced. So I stopped using that, but it didn't help the breakouts.

I used this bb cream intermittently after my skin got really bad a month later, and started having to use a full coverage foundation to cover it all up. I noticed my skin getting better, and went back to using my beloved garnier bb cream. Honestly I feel so stupid typing this, I don't know how I didn't realize it was the bb cream all along. My breakouts got slightly better after using only my foundation, and when I went back to using the bb cream I SOMEHOW believed that it was the bb cream that was reducing my breakouts and making my skin better.

Nnnnopeeee. A couple days ago I had a fancy party to go to. I relied on this bb cream the entire week before the party to keep my skin looking nice, and preventing me from applying anything too heavy just incase I broke out from heavier makeup. Huge mistake. The day before the party, I got a couple huge, red, angry cysts on my forehead, tons of whiteheads under my lips, and random red dots on my cheeks (where I've NEVER had pimples before). I cried. My forehead was completely covered in clogged comedones and cysts, my skin looked dull, my chin was a terrible combination of red pimples, whiteheads, and purplely dots from the older pimples. I couldn't understand what I'd done wrong, my skin had never looked so awful. I hadn't been wearing heavy foundation & powder, I'd been religiously washing my brushes, I'd been using my reliable, gentle cleanser and I'd been moisturizing with the daytime cream I'd used for years.

My boyfriend asked me again. "Are you sure it's not that moisturizer-makeup thingy you bought?" And finally, finaaallllyyyy it dawned on me. Finally, it all made sense. I couldn't believe I'd spent nearly 3 months in anger and confusion and sadness, when the answer had been right under (and on) my nose the whole time.

So I don't really know what went wrong. But this bb cream totally ruined my skin for a couple months. I stopped using this after realizing the problem, and my skin is already noticeably better. I'm so sad because it seriously seemed like the perfect product for me, but I guess I really asked for too much. My boyfriend thinks skincare and makeup products should be totally separate products, and after this, I reluctantly agree.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by ericajaneee

I've been using this product for quite a while and I have found it quite good! The price is good, and the product applies really smoothly and easily with a light/medium coverage. It also has quite a nice fresh scent to it (which is always nice in a make up product).
The only two downsides I found with this product were the lasting power and the colour range.
The lasting power of the BB Cream by itself was not too good, here (Australia) in summer it started to get oily without powder in only 1-2 hours and with powder only slightly longer, maybe 3-4 hours. It also had faded after only 5-6 hours as well.
The colour range for this product is also not very good. In the winter I am often quite pale and even the lightest shade is too dark for my skin. (Ironically winter is usually the time I want to wear a BB Cream which is dissapointing).
Overall, I think this product would suit people with combination/slightly oily skin that have slightly darker skin tones.
I will continue to repurchase it for the time being but only because I am currently having a lot of trouble finding a good foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by nomayopls

This actually gives good coverage, looks natural even when I do two layers. The color is a tad too dark. Stays on well throughout the day with powder. Hate the way product seeps out, messy and you use way less than you pour out. Overall very nice!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by mycuriosity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to hide my red/pink cheeks and forehead, which it did and im giving 3 lippies for this, However, it caked on my forehead, make my face annoyingly shiny, and i broke out a little. So no, i will not buy again