Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 1/18/2015 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I used ColorStay liquid for years until the last formula change (a couple years ago?) when it suddenly went on streaky and the color was off. I decided to try the whipped version and have been very pleased so far. I'm a faithful Bare Minerals user, but I like having a long-wear in my arsenal; one that I can apply on my neck and not have it transfer to my clothing. I am applying this with a Real Techniques stippling brush. I spray Boots Rosewater spray where I'm going to apply the foundation, then I dot on the foundation using my fingers. Then I spray the brush with the rosewater spray, stipple a bit then swirl. I do this again and again until I have covered my face and neck. I apply a fairly light layer then go back and add another thin layer to areas that need coverage, like around my nose. If I applied heavily enough to conceal everything, it would be too mask-like for me -- I want to even out my skin tone but not totally eliminate every spot and mark. After the foundation sets for a minute I lightly brush on baby powder to set it. The other day I wore a white cotton button-down and at the end of the day, not one trace of transfer. Also, I can get by without a powder touch-up during the day, and that's unheard of for me! It wears evenly and the color stays true until I take it off. I think they could rethink the packaging, though.The jar is heavy glass and the lid is light, cheap plastic; in fact, my lid broke, so I had to transfer the product into a travel jar. There's no need for all the heft, so maybe if they knocked a few ounces off the jar, they could knock a dollar or two off the price!

on 1/17/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This has such great lasting power! It stays put and looks good all day, even after sweating in hot Florida weather. I only apply it with a damp sponge because I think it can be a bit cakey otherwise. The coverage is not as heavy as I thought it would be, but it's still good. The packaging is annoying though, and it's way too expensive in my opinion.

on 1/14/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is now competing with the original Colorstay as my HG foundation. (I have super oily skin, hyperpigmentation, and spray tan frequently) This stuff ROCKS. I use my ELF flat top kabuki (powder) brush to apply this and it goes on so smoothly. My skin is dry to the touch and not tacky after application - the coverage is medium but can be built up. It blends in to my skin flawlessly and doesn't look cakey at all. The texture of this stuff is very smooth and creamy. My favorite thing about this is how fresh it looks ALL day - I definitely don't have as much greasiness/oil on my nose, chin and forehead like I did with the original Colorstay. The glass jar isn't easy to travel with, nor is it very hygenic - but I suppose frequent brush washing could help. Also - this photographs very well. I read that this foundation doesn't have sunscreen in it, so ghost-face in pictures is no more!

I enjoy this foundation alot. It's my favorite one from Revlon. I apply it with my fingers and is blends like YouTube Nicole Guerrero said like BUTTER. that's why I tried it, and I'm really glad that I did. I don't exactly trust YouTube now days since companies are paying them to write good reviews. Regardless of how I came across it I found is it full coverage, for me really easy to blend and I never really moisturized my face unless it was super dry. I honestly live the jar I like to see all my money/product there for my to go all in with my hands and it is a cute jar. I would think it was am expensive brand if you ripped the labels off, I was suprised I liked this me than colorstay. It was the most expensive one from Revlon, and it's not travel friendly are the only complaints I have.

on 1/13/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay, so I really really like his foundation. I had been using it over the past year...and then I had a baby. My skin is now super dry, so dry that it takes too much time and various other products for me to make this work. It clings to all my dry patches and makes them noticeable. I love the texture and the way my skin looked when I used it, so maybe if my skin ever goes back to being somewhat normal, I'll use it again. For now, I'll just have to wait.

on 1/10/2015 10:13:00 PM

I've been using this foundation for years. It covers all my acne, and never once made me looked cakey and was the only foundation I ever used that never made me look cakey.. Even the slightest bit. You only need a little when applying it. It stays on all day too. When I used a flat foundation brush with this I found it gave me streaks so when I started using beauty blenders it worked perfectly while applying this. If you have acne, this is the best cover up you'll find at a drug store to cover it up.

on 1/10/2015 10:23:00 AM

Well I used up an entire container of this! I use a foundation brush to lightly go over the areas of my face that need coverage after I moisturize with Vitamin c serum. Sometimes I get rosacea or acne and I can add more product as needed, though I have been taking better care of my skin, eating differently, and drinking more water so I do not need to use much to cover up flaws! If I want total coverage, this is too heavy for daytime in the sunlight for me, and I need to use an all over TM and may use this as spot cover instead. I have this in Nude, and I oscillate as to if this is perfect, too light or dark, but I think this is as close to my skin color I can get for me. Somehow this stops working for me, then, it is just what I need 3 months later. Perhaps there is no one right foundation for me all the time, but this is a good one for me to have on hand.

on 1/8/2015 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This really did not work for me. I tried over a light sunscreen as it looked very dewy. It spred easily, but I wanted to cover redness so added more to build. It looked super caked and unnatural. I took everything off and tried a very moisturizing sunscreen and a silicone primer (Maybelline Baby skins). I used very little and tried a sigma F80 and then a beauty blender. While it blends, it doesn't blend in. It moves around. Still looked caked though. Too bad as I have used the Color Stay liquid in buff (same shade) and like it. The mouse texture does feel intersting in the jar.. It's a thick liquid that feels a bit sticky or bouncy. I thought it might feel like one of those jelly bb creams they make in Asia. It does spread easily. The jar really is messy and unsanitary. It could easily spill and you have to put your hands. You need a spatula or must keep dipping your fingers in. A bottle you can pour a little on your finger tip..That has nothing to do with why I don't like it. The packaging does look nice though and has a heavy feel that makes it look fancy.

It had two big problems is that it looked very caked and sat on top of my skin, never blending into it. You would not want to build, as it cakes easily. The liquid is buildable. I knew the color buff be a bit green on me, but the Ivory is quite pink looking. Revlon could use a pale foundation with yellow undertones. The color buff looked darker in the jar than the liquid colorstay version, which I have. . On it looked like a gray cast over my face. Did not blend with the skin at all. I looked like a snake about shed it's skin. It also felt weird too - tacky and sticky yet cakey. I didn't feel my skin was breathing. Hard to take off. Funny as it goes on easier than the liquid, which dries fast. Nothing sticks to it either (blush etc). I tried the liquid again in buff and it the color looks great and blends in with my skin.

This goes back to CVS. Glad they take things back.

on 1/5/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have lost track of how many foundations I have purchased in my lifetime- you name it I have probably tried it. Hi end - drugstore mixed in my own dressing room etc. it gets as old as I am. I have enough on hand but am always on a mission for perfect skin (an oxymoron I am sure). My recent temptation is with Marc Jacobs mousse which is wildly expensive and this Revlon of a similar texture.

I hear the groans and calling foul - these two foundations are on opposite ends of the spectrum- HE and DS. However I have purchased both and found that the coverage (for me) is almost equal. I tried MJ on one side of my face and Revlon on the other - and lo! They looked almost the same! In fact the Revlon held up better for a longer time- no fading or shiny nose here.

Quite honestly I really like this foundation and will continue to purchase. I use my fingers and a BB sponge and then a Sigma flat (80?) to blend some more. Mist with water and dust with UD powder (my current fave) dust some Guerlain meteorites add blush and yes I am 15 again lol.

Financially this is a bargain- aesthetically it works as well as Any HE foundation - and the glass jar while a bit cumbersome is handsome and has easy access for spatula or fingers (I love my own germs). Most creme foundations of this consistency come in heavy jars - so don't make this your criteria for trying this product. I am buying some small plastic jars for ease in traveling - just as I depot eyeshadow and lipsticks I will now do it with foundation.

on 1/1/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This is a very late review and I no longer use this product. When my acne scars were deep and had angry cystic acne, I often turned to this. Medium to full coverage. I had used the Revlon Colorstay and found that clogged by pores because of the amazing full coverage, decided to try this formulation.

The product has a way of gliding into the imperfections of the skin and masking and softening it. As much as that sounds great, it also clogged my pores and felt like a mask. So, yes it made me feel like my imperfections were covered but it was a vicious cycle of treating the acne that came with it. My oily skin also enjoyed the thicker formulas as it kept the oilies at bay. Loved it and yet hated it. Very hard to remove it completely with makeup removers.

Now that my skin is less problematic, I prefer light to medium coverage products.

Popular Crème Foundations