Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

I honestly hate to give this product a bad review but I do want to honest . I had high hopes for this foundation because a lot of people love this foundation and I love Revlon Colorstay foundation so I thought this foundation would be a great alternate. The color selection was only a few I think they have about 12 colors . I actually liked the packaging and price point. The texture was nice and it looks great on the skin but it does not last as long as Revlon Colorstay . It is not waterproof or sweat proof . I did not last 8 or 10 hours. I purchased it twice and will not purchase it again unless they change the formula. The price point would be good if it had the same staying power as Revlon Colorstay but it does not so I would pass on this but maybe you may have a different experience.

Yes, this foundation has pretty good medium coverage and staying power. It goes on smoothly and stays smooth without settling into lines or pores and I don't notice any oxidizing. I'm pretty fair and buff 150 suits me really well, the color range is quite nice.

You don't need a primer with this (it contains silicone though, if that matters to you) , and because of these things I know that some people will really love this foundation but I personally wouldn't repurchase it.

First, it smells like paint. Liquid lipsticks that smell like paint don't bother me and I frequently apply them and reach for them regularly. Yet this foundation just puts me off. Despite the seemingly easy application I rarely reach for it.

The container is large and heavy and glass: for some people that might seem really fancy and luxurious, but my only thought is that despite it being a one-and-done foundation I would never be able to bring this travelling as is.

Price: Drugstore foundations are getting pretty pricey, this one is no exception. I don't think its exorbitant or anything, but its pricey.

TL;DR: Not for me, but not bad. Packaging is large heavy and glass, price average for drugstore foundations, contains silicone, no primer needed, stay all day, medium coverage, doesn't settle or oxidize, smells like paint.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this foundation. I don't love it, but I solidly like it. It gets a "meh, it's pretty ok", which is not a glowing review, i know. Its one of the better ive tried this year, and it doesnt require me to remortgage my house to buy it on a regular basis. Buy it on sale and the price is fine. It's one of the better drug store foundations put there.

I used to use colorstay normal/dry until they changed the formula to whatever sad-sack excuse for makeup is in those bottles now. It was, and still is, the single best foundation I've ever used. But, that ship has sailed, and I've spent well over a year searching for my new foundation. Let's not talk about the money I've spent on disappointing product from various lines. I swore I would never use another revlon product. But desperation led me to makeupalley reviews, which led me here. (My daughter owns every shade of revlon nail polish, and I kind of really like their lip butters and glosses...so my boycott was an epic failure, lasting approximately 12 days).

Basically, it lasts at least 10 hours, which is the longest I've worn it. It lasts through rain. It lasts through heat. It hasn't yet rubbed off my clothes or my husband's shirts. Or my pillow the one time I fell asleep wearing it. It does come off easily with bioderma, no tugging or scrubbing. It covers nicely, though it is very easy to overdo and runs the risk of being a mask like disaster. It has a smell, but I'd considered it generally neutral smelling, at the least it is non offensive. Doesn't bother my sensitive skin. So why only three stars?

It's sticky. And it stays kind of sticky. Don't get me wrong, nothing actually sticks to it. And it doesn't rub off on anything that I've seen. It just feels perpetually tacky on the skin. It gets better over time, but I find I must powder it. I like the look of it less once powdered. So it's a conundrum. It should be noted that it is less sticky, and requires less finishing with powder if I powder lightly underneath it first. I never had to powder the old normal/dry liquid colorstay. Ever. So this a dissapointment for me. Which brings me to my next point.

It may or may not play nice with sunscreen underneath. Depends on the sunscreen. When it doesn't play nice, it really doesn't play nice. Soupy mess, which will eventually set, but not in a nice, even way.

It takes a while to settle down, it actually looks better about 2 hours after I apply it, and continues to look good for about 9 hours. By the ten hour mark, it is still going strong, and the coverage isn't fading, but it can start look a bit dry. I have normal dry skin, so that's just a heads up if it's similar.

Colour selection is also sketchy, hard to match due to bottle design and no testers, I'm the lightest shade and it's almost right. Packaging is not the greatest, but workable (very heavy, glass,not great for travel). Should really have some kind of pump, but I wonder if the consistency makes it a challenge to both pump and not waste product. Either wsy, revlon colorstay ad a line is pump-deficient.

I'll keep it buying it for now, while I keep searching for something I love.

great on my porcelain skin

Currently loving this. Easy to apply with hands. Lasts a long time but does not control oil at all, so if you are oily, you need to use something else to control the oil. Looks nice and doesn't make me look older. Fills in pores nicely when applied with hands. I have to set it with powder in order to keep it more matte. Looks natural on me, not as high coverage as say the CG Outlast 3-1. At the 5 hour mark I have to do oil control big time, but that is with most foundations for me, I am very oily. Some people don't like the jar, but I sort of love it. If you want to travel, it is very unlikely to leak from a small travel jar because it is not liquid-y.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This foundation is why it pays to read reviews first before you buy. I would never have picked up this foundation if were not for the positive reviews posted here. I bought this in the lightest color and it is terrific. Goes on like a dream and stays all day. The coverage is good but not heavy or mask like. I have dry sensitive skin and have not had issues or reactions. My only issue is the packaging - it is really bulky and heavy. I travel for work and there is no way I could lug this along with me. I plan on putting some into a smaller jar and using it that way.

My "No Makeup" days consist of foundation and mascara, so I really need a foundation that can do it's job without any tell-tale caking or settling into fine lines. I have combo skin and prefer a matte finish to a "dewy" one, and this foundation is just right.
My favorite way to wear it is with Benefit's POREfessional underneath with translucent powder, but if I am in a rush, I can just smooth some on over my moisturizer and go, and it still looks fine.
The fluffy texture is a pleasure.This is the only foundation I've found with a matte finish feels silky and creamy when applied but doesn't look oily. It blends easily, making those rushed mornings a little easier.
I've used many foundations, high-end and drugstore. I'm glad this one is a drugstore brand, even if it's one of the more expensive ones so I can repurchase ( just finishing up my third jar) as needed without breaking the bank.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Thank goodness for MakeupAlley. I got this foundation purely on reviews and I really like it. I have big noticeable pores and this covers so nicely. My face is rarely oily and it looks great. I apply it with a foundation brush each morning. So far I would buy this again and again. I think it has SPF in it too which is a huge + for me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Love this foundation at the moment - it is my current go-to face base. It is long-wearing, doesn't make me oilier and it photographs gorgeously with no flashback. This is the only foundation out of 15-20 that I do not regret purchasing.

For reference, I have combination skin which leans a bit dehydrated on my cheeks with a relatively oilier T-Zone and forehead. I have some redness and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation to cover up from acne scarring. The shade I have is 150 Buff and this is a bit more neutral than my ~NC20 cool olive skin tone but it's still a decent match regardless. (Note that 150 Buff in Whipped is more neutral, less yellow and darker than 150 Buff in the Colorstay liquid formula).

What I adore about this foundation is that it doesn't fade terribly on my skin and it doesn't make me oilier throughout the day. As the day goes on, I find a lot of foundations - regardless of whether they're high-end, mid-range or drugstore - make me oilier. The only exception is Estee Lauder's Double Wear, but I prefer Revlon Colorstay Whipped because it is much cheaper and not as full coverage as the Estee Lauder foundation. This wears very well on my skin and it gives a very pleasant subtle dewy effect 6-7 hours hours after it is first applied. As with all foundations, I set this with a loose powder.

This only fades on my nose and the sides of my nose but I'm okay with that. It provides buildable coverage and I only build it up to 2 layers on dark spots, which I find to be sufficient coverage for me. 1 layer provides light-medium coverage. I like to use my clean fingers to apply this. Work fast because it sets relatively quickly.This is a semi-matte finish, and I find foundations with this kind of finish tend to last a lot longer on my skin than those that have a dewy finish, which tend to slide right off and get very oily after 4 hours or so. This foundation has lasted me for 16 hours, where I was going straight from uni to a party immediately afterwards. And even towards the end, it photographed beautifully - no flashback whatsoever. Although I had set the foundation with powder, I was glowing and looking radiant in all photos and my skin looked perfect, even though it actually isn't!

This also fills in pores quite well - I've got prominent ones on my cheeks and they are covered well with this foundation. Whilst I like the heavy glass packaging, the caveat is that I have to remove the plastic cover and dip my clean fingers every time I apply. I would prefer this to come in a tube, as it does in a tester. However, that is one small thing I am willing to put up with for this foundation - it is worth it. It's a bit expensive at AUD$36 but I like to wait until there's a 30% or 40% sale to buy this. I highly recommend this foundation to those with combination/oily skin who are looking for a multipurpose light-medium coverage foundation which photographs well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Not bad. I bought this on a whim because of the good reviews - I was visiting family a couple hours away for the weekend, and of course I rushed out of the house and left my makeup bag on the counter instead of packing it in my overnight bag. I used to use Colorstay a looooog time ago but something in the formula changed and now it looks horrible on my skin. Anyway, I haven't tried a new drugstore foundation in awhile so figured I'd give it a go, because I was really super curious about the texture.

It's definitely unlike anything I've worn before, and surprisingly doesn't dry out my skin. The coverage is nice and buildable, and can be sheered out really well if that's what you're going for. I do find that it emphasizes bumps (but not flakes) when powdered, but tends to transfer when left unpowdered. It's also more of a satin finish when not powdered, which is nice.
The lightest color juuuuust matches me now, but it will certainly be too dark in winter. It's almost too dark as it is.

I'm not usually a full-coverage type of girl, but the fluffy consistency really does make a difference, as multiple layers can be applied quickly without going overboard or having drying/texture issues. Feels great going on, but can feel a little heavy if you're used to lighter stuff like me. It definitely feels less thick than it looks in the jar.

It irritated my skin the first time I used it, but I have incredibly sensitive skin these days. I'm trying it again today with a primer underneath and it hasn't bothered me so far. All in all, a pretty solid 3 for me.

UPDATE: Kept breaking me out. Not worth it.