December 19, 2014 | 1082 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

I actually love this mascara! I bought it a while ago but forgot to use it. I just brought it back out and love the fluttery and full effect it gives my lashes! I personally hate the cartooney packaging though. Unfortunately, I will not be repurchasing since I have decided I am only going to buy cruelty-free.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by iHopee

One of my favorite mascara now! My lashes totally looked fake after 2 coats of this bad boy! The first coat was kind of "Ehh" like any other mascara, but I decided to wait and added on another coat, and that's when the magic happened. I was pretty surprised at the 2nd coat, the mascara was able to lift my lashes up and gave me that "falsie" look. I am definitely looking forward to repurchasing this again! :DD

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Riri99

Great mascara! It lives up to the "mega plush" component! But can be on the drier side.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

I'm someone who likes lashes that have a lot of length and volume: with no clumps and no spidery effect. I heard this mascara is really nice for lengthening, so I gave it a try, and I really hate it compared to other mascaras in the Volum Express line.. but it's not the absolute worst mascara EVER.
Basically, you can get a nice natural look with some length if you're really careful with this mascara and take the time to work with it. However, 9 times out of 10, this mascara ends up looking like a spidery, clumpy mess. Not to mention that the way the brush bends makes it impossible to build up.
I won't be repurchasing. Maybelline DEFINITELY has better mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by DrowningInEyeliner

Nope. Never again. I can see why some people really like this mascara, since some girls do like the "spidery" look, but personally, I hate it! I like my mascaras to look natural, yet defined, and also to actually live up to their descriptions. It's supposed to give your lashes volume, but only gave mine length, and while it did give them good separation and definition, it just looked spidery. I will say that the packaging is cute though, unfortunately not cute enough for me to overlook the crappy product. Guess I'll be heading back to get a different mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by LIPGLOSSADDICT1025

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara! I currently have six Volum' Express marcaras, and I like this on the best. I love the packaging. I bought this for around five dollars at my Superstore. I bought it in black, and the pigmentation really lasts. The brush is nice for my lashes, although the brush is too large for my lower lashes, but I don't mind much. It doesn't clump on me, nor does it smear. It smells like a traditional mascara. I will totally repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupfiend13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Doesn't give the volume I expected. The pro is that it doesn't flake or clump but definitely does not give the volume advertised. I also purchased the Plush purple color along with the black and the purple doesn't even show. In the tube it looks kind of lilac but on the lashes does not have color payoff. Pretty disappointed :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this with the hope it'll add volume to my lashes, as advertised but there's nothing "mega plush" about this mascara. It doesn't really do anything negative or positive. It doesn't clump or smudge or flake but it doesn't add volume (it lengthens a bit) and the blackest black shade isn't black enough. It's not the worst mascara I've ever used but I certainly don't recommend it unless you want a subtle, everyday look.

EDIT: I've been using it more lately and decided I do like it. It still doesn't give the volume I want but I like how it makes my lashes look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by DPinon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this... It gives my lashes extra length from the start but just gotta apply some extra coats for more volume.. And best of all IT DOES NOT CLUMP so apply away

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara doesn't work for me. It left my lashes clumpy and without volume. It has a bad smell that reminds me of super cheap mascaras in the '80s... Will not repurchase.