October 25, 2014 | 1690 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorstay LipColor

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by lmoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought 4 of these shades last week since the local drugstore had a sale going for "buy one get one free." I normally stick to L'Oreal's Endless lipstick and am very satisfied, but since I own every shade of their Nude/Brown line I thought I'd give Revlon a try just for some fun.
So I bought 215 (Sensuous Spice) and 220 (Smooth Coffee) out their brownish selection. Then I picked up 230 (Rich Raisin) and 235 (Soft Cinnamon) out of their reds selection. I normally love the browner shades so I tried my 2 browner shades first. The 215 turned out to be more of a light gold shade and the 220 turned out to be a weird orangey brown. Moving on to my reds... the 230 reminded me of sunburned skin and the 235 turned out to look like a bright tomato reddish orange. I was extremely disappointed. What you see on the sticker or through the clear tube is not what you get. I really tried to talk myself into liking them. I even tried mixing the 4 shades together (bad idea) or mix them with other lipsticks. Even worse is that they dried out my lips really bad. I wore them for just a few hours the first night and had to eventually wipe it all off. My lips felt like they were burning, like I'd been licking them all day and now they were going chapped. I finally went back to the drugstore today and explained the situation and the sales clerk at the makeup counter said she had the same problem with hers and to just bring mine back. I cannot believe Revlon prices these lipstick so high... you're not getting what you pay for!! And talk about a flimsy tube... the clear lid on one of my mine cracked when it rolled off the bathroom sink and hit the floor! Trust me... just by L'Oreal's Endless. Theirs have a nicer tube, are more comfortable, last longer, are the same price, AND the best part.... theirs are TRUE TO COLOR (what you see is what you get)!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Kairin

I LOVE this product! I look like a goddess with it! I get the most compliments (I wear ruby rapture and a wine one). I'm known for my lipsticks because of these. :-P They're so smooth and silky when it goes on and lasts ALL DAY or however long you want it to last. It even stays on after I've eaten! :-D I love it.

This is just pure love. I recommend to all who want to look like goddesses and fashion models. :-D

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2008 6:45:00 AM More reviews by suzannecastello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this product. Some people may not care for it because it does feel very dry on the lips, but I found that it did last a really long time. The colors looked good on me and they continued to look good for several hours. One warning, though, if you have chapped lips or any type of dry skin on your lips this lipstick will look awful. But generally it is a great lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by SummerDew

I love this lipstick i have the shade 200 in natural cashmere. Glides so smoothly in lips and does not accentuate any lines on your lips, more like smooth them out. I like how its on my lips very light and feels good and non-sticky.

I like this more than my mac lipstick. I'm not sure about whether it lasts long because the shade i have is pretty neutral but I think it does come off, so I reaply sometimes. But even then I still love it. Definently gonna get more in a less subtle shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by mahadewiiii

I really love this lipstick! I have colour 208 Fawn Souffle, which is very natural but adds a bit of brightness to my face. I love the shape and consistency of this lipstick, I have only have to go over my lips once and it follows the contours of my lips perfectly. It does stay on really well, and lasts a long time. The only two small problems I have with it are: 1. The lipstick is quite dry so you need to apply it with a lipbalm or gloss that will moisturise. 2. Although I love the packaging it won't fit into my lipstick case. But besides that it's fabulous!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by acsche

Creamy Coral 245... I can't live without you!

I love this product. I have bought probably 5 different tubes of Creamy Coral (245) and also Sheer Blossom (105). It goes on very smoothly, stays on for much longer than any other lipstick I've ever used, and looks so beautiful and fresh throughout the day.

I was very surprised by this lipstick and hope that Revlon never stops making it, I just don't know what I'd do without this shade :)!

For reference, I am MAC NW20... and Creamy Coral goes perfectly with this skin tone color, trust me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by goodie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this lipstick. I should work for Revlon and sell this stuff. I have it in so many colors and have rebought a few colors 3 times! I am in sales and am constantly touching up my lipstick. This stuff stays on and touches up nicley right out of the tube. Its also great to add to- if you have a lighter shade on and you want to add color from any other lipstick- it goes right on top and stays on. I cannot say enough about it. I rave about it everywhere I go! It also works well with lip liner. I would love for them to come out with a few more shades, but for now, it is my HG of lipstick and it is the bomb! Fave colors: Rich Raisin, Dreamy Dusk, and Ruby Rapture.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by MemaP

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this product at Big Lots for $2.00 a tube and bought about 3 tubes in different colors to try. It stays on very well. I loved some of the colors as is. The ones that aren't my shade, too dark or too orange, I use as a base shade and apply a lip gloss over to soften it. This last much longer than regular lipstick does. It does feel a little dryer than regular lipstick. I bought every shade I could find that I even thought I might like. I have 6 tubes on my dresser in all colors. At $10.00 a tube at the drugstore I wouldn't have grabbed every color I could fine. But if you could get this on sale for half that it would be a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by eunhei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon's colorstay in #230 Rich Raisin is a perfect color for me. I really didn't think that this shade would look good on me, but I decided to try it anyway. The color was perfect because it matched my lip color perfectly. It didn't look too bright or fake, it was very natural and suttle which I had been looking for in a lip color. It lasts pretty long and does not dry your lips out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by cmars29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is for Revlons colorstay in "stay current". This is my perfect shade of red. Its a red berry, it does last all day. I do find I have to re-apply the gloss after eating or drinking but the color lasts! From time to time it will "pill" or ball up - I think if I eat something a bit oily it will do this. This is such a nice color 3 other ladies in the office have purchased it. One of them had hers stolen by a family member...LOL. I like the packaging of this both gloss and lipcolor on one tube. Also, I use a little bit of olive oil to get this off works out nice.