Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Charm

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

this burns and peels my lips like nothing else I don't think it's the peppermint flavour that does it though, more like the stain it leaves afterwards the dye seems to dry out my lips just like the Just bitten markers did. I don't really care for the shade it gives either, the range is quite limited for neutrals as most are pinks plums and reds, the initial color is similar to Lip Butter in creamsicle a pale milky orangey nude pink and within minutes turns more neon peachy and the stain it leaves is a bright pink which doesn't look attractive on me at all. Neat concept just not a great product. Highly irritating on the lip couldn't wait to remove.

I'm not really a lipstick kind of girl, I usually just use Burt's Bees chap stick. I bought this because I have a small scar on my upper lip and wanted to cover it up but still look natural. I love this, it's perfect for me. Charm is kind of a nude/coral shade that looks just a tiny bit brighter than my normal shade. It goes on like a creamy lip liner and stays on pretty well. Not quite as well as the felt tip marker style just bitten stains, but I much prefer the soft texture of this balm stain. I also have it in Darling which is a cooler light pinky purple shade. I just got these light ones because I only wanted subtle color. I wear get the best look when I exfoliate first and apply a thin layer of chap stick as this by itself is not moisturizing enough for me. Still I love them!

I absolutely love this balm stain! My lips suffered greatly this winter and I needed something that wouldn't leave my lips dry and dry looking. I read a review on Charm and decided to give it a try. I am please with the stain of the color but the balm effect could be improved. I elected to use a lip gloss for extra coverage and this works for me. I added Cherish, Lovesick and Smitten to my collection which I found at a discount price. ($1.99!!!) I'm not big on lipstick per se so Just Bitten suitable for my lifestyle.

I was really surprised with this color. I was expecting it to be orangy/peach nude color but on my lips (which are pretty pigmented) the color actually looked like a baby pink. It was super pretty the whole time I had it on and didn't stain as much as I thought it would. It does have a nice minty tingle. The ONLY complaint I had about it was it wasn't all that moisturizing. It was better than a regular stain but no more moisturizing than any lipstick I own.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I don't understand why Charm is rated so low. I never wear nude lipstick because I find it look chalky and might show up dry patches on my lips. Charm is the first nude color I bought. It's not really a nude that goes on like a concealer, It's very wearable, you can buld it up until you get the color you want. For some people with pale lips like me, I can pair Cham with a semi-smoky eyes, not too dramatic eyes like rock star or simple everyday eye makeup. It can also toned down pigmented lips to a light peachy coral shade.Charm has orangey peach color when first applied, then it turn into more coral darker color. It's to be expected so I don't mind. Every Revlon balm stain that on the light color side like Cherish, Honey, Charm will act that way. Only those darker shades like Adore, Smitten, Crush...will stay perfectly true to the color firstly applied.
Anyway, I love Charm, It make my face look fresh and innoncent LOL, I pair it with neutral eyes and add a little of benetint underneath before putting on Charm.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this because it looked like a perfect nude for school, and I wanted something that would last longer than my Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee. It was a bit expensive considering it's from the drugstore, I paid CAD$9 at Walmart. While I love the formula, the colour is a bit pale on my lips and washes me out. To fix that, I apply my Nivea Pink Guava lip balm over it. I love the combination! Perfect pinky-nude without being too pale. I took two lippies off though, since it takes a bit of work to get me to like the shade. Overall, I probably wouldn't repurchase. My search for the perfect nude continues!
UPDATE: I've recently been loving this product and using the heck out of it! I seem to have gotten a little paler since my original review, and the color no longer washes me out at all! Perfect for when I want a light, peachy-pink lip!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

For someone with relatively more maroon lips the product took lots of swipes to get to the shade Charm shown on the packaging. When I took a small sip or bite of food or water it would immediately transfer which was a bummer. The other con that I noticed was how it emphasised the dry flakes on my lips. I also didn't like the really noticible shinyness of the balm. The packaging was a plus though, easy to open, close and store away. As it is expensive for what you get, retailing at $17.95 in Australia, I most likely won't buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The product does remind you of tarte Lipsurgence in that it is minty when you apply it and functions as a balm. This particular color is pretty when you apply it . It gives you a nude lip but then after some time it turned my lip two toned as if I had consumed KOOL AID . it turned the inner part of my lip reddish peach . I returned it .

When I first put it on, it was just like a gloss... no color at all... so I tried doing more layers, which ended up just looking orange. And afterwards when I tried to wipe it off it looked like I had koolaid stained my lips. Awful color in general and takes hours for your lips to go back to normal. YUCK.

I loved this as soon as I got it and used it for the first time. It's an amazing lip product, I love the moisturizing feel of it and the colour it gives. It stays on for a long time and this shade is soo pretty for everyday! Highly recommend :)

Recommended for Medium Skin