October 2, 2014 | 938 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Charm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by queenallen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this balm stain! My lips suffered greatly this winter and I needed something that wouldn't leave my lips dry and dry looking. I read a review on Charm and decided to give it a try. I am please with the stain of the color but the balm effect could be improved. I elected to use a lip gloss for extra coverage and this works for me. I added Cherish, Lovesick and Smitten to my collection which I found at a discount price. ($1.99!!!) I'm not big on lipstick per se so Just Bitten suitable for my lifestyle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

I was really surprised with this color. I was expecting it to be orangy/peach nude color but on my lips (which are pretty pigmented) the color actually looked like a baby pink. It was super pretty the whole time I had it on and didn't stain as much as I thought it would. It does have a nice minty tingle. The ONLY complaint I had about it was it wasn't all that moisturizing. It was better than a regular stain but no more moisturizing than any lipstick I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by trantranganh111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand why Charm is rated so low. I never wear nude lipstick because I find it look chalky and might show up dry patches on my lips. Charm is the first nude color I bought. It's not really a nude that goes on like a concealer, It's very wearable, you can buld it up until you get the color you want. For some people with pale lips like me, I can pair Cham with a semi-smoky eyes, not too dramatic eyes like rock star or simple everyday eye makeup. It can also toned down pigmented lips to a light peachy coral shade.Charm has orangey peach color when first applied, then it turn into more coral darker color. It's to be expected so I don't mind. Every Revlon balm stain that on the light color side like Cherish, Honey, Charm will act that way. Only those darker shades like Adore, Smitten, Crush...will stay perfectly true to the color firstly applied.
Anyway, I love Charm, It make my face look fresh and innoncent LOL, I pair it with neutral eyes and add a little of benetint underneath before putting on Charm.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jenrose98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this because it looked like a perfect nude for school, and I wanted something that would last longer than my Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee. It was a bit expensive considering it's from the drugstore, I paid CAD$9 at Walmart. While I love the formula, the colour is a bit pale on my lips and washes me out. To fix that, I apply my Nivea Pink Guava lip balm over it. I love the combination! Perfect pinky-nude without being too pale. I took two lippies off though, since it takes a bit of work to get me to like the shade. Overall, I probably wouldn't repurchase. My search for the perfect nude continues!
UPDATE: I've recently been loving this product and using the heck out of it! I seem to have gotten a little paler since my original review, and the color no longer washes me out at all! Perfect for when I want a light, peachy-pink lip!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by chuppachups8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

For someone with relatively more maroon lips the product took lots of swipes to get to the shade Charm shown on the packaging. When I took a small sip or bite of food or water it would immediately transfer which was a bummer. The other con that I noticed was how it emphasised the dry flakes on my lips. I also didn't like the really noticible shinyness of the balm. The packaging was a plus though, easy to open, close and store away. As it is expensive for what you get, retailing at $17.95 in Australia, I most likely won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by bishakhasen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The product does remind you of tarte Lipsurgence in that it is minty when you apply it and functions as a balm. This particular color is pretty when you apply it . It gives you a nude lip but then after some time it turned my lip two toned as if I had consumed KOOL AID . it turned the inner part of my lip reddish peach . I returned it .

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Kristen1026

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first put it on, it was just like a gloss... no color at all... so I tried doing more layers, which ended up just looking orange. And afterwards when I tried to wipe it off it looked like I had koolaid stained my lips. Awful color in general and takes hours for your lips to go back to normal. YUCK.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by kristina93

I loved this as soon as I got it and used it for the first time. It's an amazing lip product, I love the moisturizing feel of it and the colour it gives. It stays on for a long time and this shade is soo pretty for everyday! Highly recommend :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm a wee bit obsessed with these balm stains. When they first came out I purchased several.
Things I love in general about the product: Chubby twist up stick, no sharpening. Lovely mint scent and tingle, very refreshing. Feels extremely light on lips, not greasy or waxy. Moisturizes nicely. Fades evenly for the most part.

Shade specific... Charm turns out to be nothing like it looks in the tube or upon initial application. It goes on this light, almost pastel peach color that is a wee bit on the pasty side. I really disliked it it initially and it seemed way way way too warm and orangey for my skintone however after a few minutes the color transforms to a corally/peachy pink type of shade. It is still a little more coral than I would hope for but at least it is wearable. I also think that this shade tends to 'stain' a little more than the others. The shade itself is probably not a repurchase for me, but at least it isn't a total dud like I initially thought it would be!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my 4th Revlon balm stain (I take pride in being the very first reviewer of cherish, lovesick and darling, lol) finally got around to wanting another one and Ii like the lip butter creamsicle so much I had to try it. I love the way these freaking things feel. I'm def a matte lip girl, so honestly I wear these at home more then anything because they feel good. Idk know how to really explain it. I'm def cool toned chick but really like the way this looks, it's a nude but doesn't have alot of brown (like revlon sofy nude...gag me, that went right into my friends purse) and everyone is right it does turn like a lil pink after awhile..kind of like one of those colr changin glosses..not as much pink as like the o gloss, but same kind of thing. Smells like candy mint, but no taste...