Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Charm

3.3

on 3/7/2013 2:38:00 PM

I'm not really a lipstick kind of girl, I usually just use Burt's Bees chap stick. I bought this because I have a small scar on my upper lip and wanted to cover it up but still look natural. I love this, it's perfect for me. Charm is kind of a nude/coral shade that looks just a tiny bit brighter than my normal shade. It goes on like a creamy lip liner and stays on pretty well. Not quite as well as the felt tip marker style just bitten stains, but I much prefer the soft texture of this balm stain. I also have it in Darling which is a cooler light pinky purple shade. I just got these light ones because I only wanted subtle color. I wear get the best look when I exfoliate first and apply a thin layer of chap stick as this by itself is not moisturizing enough for me. Still I love them!

on 2/25/2013 10:39:00 PM

I absolutely love this balm stain! My lips suffered greatly this winter and I needed something that wouldn't leave my lips dry and dry looking. I read a review on Charm and decided to give it a try. I am please with the stain of the color but the balm effect could be improved. I elected to use a lip gloss for extra coverage and this works for me. I added Cherish, Lovesick and Smitten to my collection which I found at a discount price. ($1.99!!!) I'm not big on lipstick per se so Just Bitten suitable for my lifestyle.

on 1/27/2013 3:10:00 PM

I was really surprised with this color. I was expecting it to be orangy/peach nude color but on my lips (which are pretty pigmented) the color actually looked like a baby pink. It was super pretty the whole time I had it on and didn't stain as much as I thought it would. It does have a nice minty tingle. The ONLY complaint I had about it was it wasn't all that moisturizing. It was better than a regular stain but no more moisturizing than any lipstick I own.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I don't understand why Charm is rated so low. I never wear nude lipstick because I find it look chalky and might show up dry patches on my lips. Charm is the first nude color I bought. It's not really a nude that goes on like a concealer, It's very wearable, you can buld it up until you get the color you want. For some people with pale lips like me, I can pair Cham with a semi-smoky eyes, not too dramatic eyes like rock star or simple everyday eye makeup. It can also toned down pigmented lips to a light peachy coral shade.Charm has orangey peach color when first applied, then it turn into more coral darker color. It's to be expected so I don't mind. Every Revlon balm stain that on the light color side like Cherish, Honey, Charm will act that way. Only those darker shades like Adore, Smitten, Crush...will stay perfectly true to the color firstly applied.
Anyway, I love Charm, It make my face look fresh and innoncent LOL, I pair it with neutral eyes and add a little of benetint underneath before putting on Charm.

on 1/13/2013 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this because it looked like a perfect nude for school, and I wanted something that would last longer than my Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee. It was a bit expensive considering it's from the drugstore, I paid CAD$9 at Walmart. While I love the formula, the colour is a bit pale on my lips and washes me out. To fix that, I apply my Nivea Pink Guava lip balm over it. I love the combination! Perfect pinky-nude without being too pale. I took two lippies off though, since it takes a bit of work to get me to like the shade. Overall, I probably wouldn't repurchase. My search for the perfect nude continues!
UPDATE: I've recently been loving this product and using the heck out of it! I seem to have gotten a little paler since my original review, and the color no longer washes me out at all! Perfect for when I want a light, peachy-pink lip!

on 1/10/2013 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

For someone with relatively more maroon lips the product took lots of swipes to get to the shade Charm shown on the packaging. When I took a small sip or bite of food or water it would immediately transfer which was a bummer. The other con that I noticed was how it emphasised the dry flakes on my lips. I also didn't like the really noticible shinyness of the balm. The packaging was a plus though, easy to open, close and store away. As it is expensive for what you get, retailing at $17.95 in Australia, I most likely won't buy it again.

on 12/26/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The product does remind you of tarte Lipsurgence in that it is minty when you apply it and functions as a balm. This particular color is pretty when you apply it . It gives you a nude lip but then after some time it turned my lip two toned as if I had consumed KOOL AID . it turned the inner part of my lip reddish peach . I returned it .

on 12/4/2012 12:10:00 AM

When I first put it on, it was just like a gloss... no color at all... so I tried doing more layers, which ended up just looking orange. And afterwards when I tried to wipe it off it looked like I had koolaid stained my lips. Awful color in general and takes hours for your lips to go back to normal. YUCK.

on 11/28/2012 10:29:00 AM

I loved this as soon as I got it and used it for the first time. It's an amazing lip product, I love the moisturizing feel of it and the colour it gives. It stays on for a long time and this shade is soo pretty for everyday! Highly recommend :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'm a wee bit obsessed with these balm stains. When they first came out I purchased several.
Things I love in general about the product: Chubby twist up stick, no sharpening. Lovely mint scent and tingle, very refreshing. Feels extremely light on lips, not greasy or waxy. Moisturizes nicely. Fades evenly for the most part.

Shade specific... Charm turns out to be nothing like it looks in the tube or upon initial application. It goes on this light, almost pastel peach color that is a wee bit on the pasty side. I really disliked it it initially and it seemed way way way too warm and orangey for my skintone however after a few minutes the color transforms to a corally/peachy pink type of shade. It is still a little more coral than I would hope for but at least it is wearable. I also think that this shade tends to 'stain' a little more than the others. The shade itself is probably not a repurchase for me, but at least it isn't a total dud like I initially thought it would be!