Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 12/29/2014 4:10:00 PM

I have used this brush twice since I bought it. The brush is very dense and the product does not absorb into the brush. I dont find I need to use any extra foundation at all when using it. It leaves a great finish and buffs foundation in very well with minimal effort. Much better than a duo fiber stippler brush and a flat foundation brush. It gives higher coverage than both of them. It was a steal at the price aswell! will not be going further than real techniques.

on 12/26/2014 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I loveeee this brush when I want full coverage makeup

on 12/14/2014 6:43:00 PM

I really like this brush. It has lots of thick bristles that apply liquid foundation really, really well. I also used it on multiple occasions to apply blush which worked very well. It gave the blush a really rounded appearance. It is very high quality for $9.

on 12/13/2014 3:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this brush for almost anything, liquid foundation ,liquid highlighter and my cream bronzer mostly. Although I use this brush for three very different shades it does not overlap on my face, making it seem like I wash my brush between every use. This brush gives such a flawless look with foundation on my face even though I have many imperfections it covers them up nicely, over bits which have not been covered I blot over that section again to which usually seems to do the trick! Although whenever I do clean this brush it comes clear to me of how much product it does hold back onto - as the product is usually up to the handle, I think this is due to this being such a compact brush that once the product gets into tight spaces it is hard to get out. Overall this is a amazing brush and I honestly don't know what I would do without it!

on 12/5/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a very well made brush that doesn't really work for me. It washes easily, and doesn't shed. It is also fairly soft. Unfortunately, my skin is dry and slightly flaky, especially on my cheeks, so I usually use a dampened stippling brush (MAC 187) to apply my liquid foundation. I get frustrated with 187 because it is too wide for my face (and 188 is too narrow) so given the great reviews I decided to give this a shot.

As other reviewers have noted, this is a very thirsty brush. It soaked up a lot of foundation, even though I kept spritzing it with water. It also pulled the makeup off my skin when I tried to blend with it.

It isn't the brushes' fault...the dense bristles are no doubt better suited to buffing in powder or applying cream foundation. I would highly recommend it for those uses, but for an airbrushed finish on dry skin, I will stick to a stippling brush. I may try the RT stippling brush next.

on 12/2/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my most used brush, I've tried other brushes and sponges to put my foundation but I keep coming back to this one. I apply my foundation with a buffing-circular back and forth motion to diminish my big pores (I learned this from gossmakeup artist and it works). I'm thinking of getting another one or getting the RT core set that comes with the buffing brush which is similar to this one. I like how dense it is and its shape allows me to apply foundation very precisely close to the nose area. What I don't like is that it absorbs too much product and that makes it difficult to clean.
I have oily skin, makeup artist and youtuber Wayne Goss doesn't recommend this type of foundation brush for very dry skin because the buffing motion can cause "micro-exfoliation", and some people with sensitive skin might find the buffing motion irritating for their skin. I don't know about that, but I just wanted to mention it in case somebody with a very dry or very sensitive skin wants to try it.
This can work as a multitasker, I use it mainly to apply my powder and liquid foundation but you can make it work for blush, bronzer and powder, although it's a little bit too dense for those purposes, so you have to be careful of not applying too much. It's soft, I would definitely recommend this, for the price and the quality that you get it's a bargain.

on 11/30/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first I wasn't that into this brush, mainly because I was so into the buffing brush by Sam. The expert face brush is more suited to liquid foundation and creams. The buffing brush more suited to powders, HOWEVER you can use them for all, they are that versatile. The size is perfect and all foundations blend really quickly, it makes light work of everything.

on 11/28/2014 5:19:00 AM

This brush is fantastic! Great full coverage that looks completely natural! What a difference a quality makeup brush makes!

on 11/27/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a great brush for applying cream or liquid foundation. I also occasionally use it for cream blush.

It's dense, but not too dense so you can build the coverage up and buff as needed. It has an oval shape with a rounded top which makes it a good size for covering your entire face and also getting into all the little nooks and crannies around your nose.

I've owned this brush for over a year and with regular washing I haven't lost any bristles. I definitely recommend this if you use liquid/cream products and like using a brush to apply

on 11/24/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I typically use sponges/fingers for my TM or foundation. I tested this with my Superbalanced makeup and I found that I didn't like the application at all, it was very streaky and in no way even. I got much better results with the cheaper drugstore sponge wedges. It does pick up and absorb a lot of product.

I do find it works well for applying my MAC CCB, which I use as a blush. I have a very tightly pressed highlighting powder that it also picks up quite nicely.

For applying anything liquid I don't like this brush and will not use it for that.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products