Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

This brush is a daily staple for me good size, washes well, smooth even application, you can sheer out or build coverage with this and it can be used with most cream and liquid textures.
Good price point
I've purchased 3 so I always have a spare and keep one at work too
No negatives you can't go wrong with this lovely brush

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I finally bought one. And I have to say: so far so good. The brush is dense enough to allow you to work and the bristles are quite soft. I use it mostly for foundation and I'm happy with the results. worth the hype.

LOOOOVVEEE THIS BRUSH!! It gives such a beautiful flawless look. It really blends your makeup nicely. I find its really good if you have a sheer foundation and want the most out of the coverage.

I've used the same one for almost 2 years now, washing it a lot! It's still amazing and the only brush I think I will ever repurchase :) It is dense and just stiff enough to blend pretty much any foundation you can think of into the skin, including mineral makeup! It has never shed and still has exactly the same shape as the day I bought it. For the price, you cannot go wrong, this brush should be every makeup geeks staple!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I already had the Buffing Brush from the the Core Collection when I got this, and I heard a lot of people saying that the Expert Face Brush could make your foundation seem streaky; so I was really hesitant to get this brush. But I was never quite satisfied with the Buffing brush, it's just not dense enough for me. So I finally caved in and got this one.
The bristles on this are pure heavenly goodness packed densely on a very comfortable handle. For people that find this brush streaky, you should try to wash it well and condition the bristles, regular hair conditioner will do just fine. At first I also though that this was too dense as well, it was heavy and didn't "give" as much as the fluffier Buffing brush, my arm literally hurt as I tried to buff out my foundation. But then I washed it out, dipped it in a bit of conditioner, left for 5-10 minutes, rinsed out the conditioner and let it dry. I have never since touched anything softer in my life. Even when I don't do make up and in a bit of stress, I just take the brush and swirl it on my arm, hand or face, it just feels so good. Since it's softer when well conditioned, it has also gotten a lot easier to work with. I don't know about "airbrush", but I feel that this buffs foundations/BB creams in really, really well. I nearly always finish with an almost clean/still fairly white brush, meaning all the foundation is well placed on my skin. Although admittedly, it does take more time compare to the Buffing brush, the process itself is more pleasant and I'm always happier with the result. The shape and size of it also help me with getting in the corners of my face (like the temples, between and around the nose) with ease. Over all, I love this brush, it has become my go to foundation brush now. With proper care, I think it's gonna serve me well for a very long time.

I totally fell in love with this brush! I love how dense it is. It made my foundation application a lot easier. It helps me blend my foundation better to achieve a flawless look. I love how the handle was designed and its weight distribution so it stands firmly on my dresser. It's light on my fingers and I love the metallic design. I have washed this brush 3 nights in a row (from the day I received it in my mail) and no bristle has ever fell off. Totally worth the price and the long wait. I will definitely purchase this again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've had this brush for about 8 months now and this has become my go to brush for a flawless foundation coverage! As others have mentioned, it's very dense but fluffy and firm (if that makes sense) enough to "buff" the foundation onto skin.
Firstly, this brush came nicely packaged, and I got it for about £7 ish, so the right price range for RT brushes.
I find that it works best when I apply foundation in dots over my face and then use the brush to spread and blend it. I tried to dip the brush in the product first, but it just take up wayyyy too much and then doesn't blend properly. I personally prefer it for heavier/thicker foundations like MAC Studio Fix or Clinique Stay Matte, I don't think it would work with light foundations very well, it would just drink up the product!
I haven't experienced any fallout at all, thankfully. I also LOVE the fact that the brush comes with a flat end so it stands up on it's own :)
So all in all, great brush for the money, I would definitely recommend it!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

My holy grail foundation brush. I rarely rate 5 lippies, but I love this. It's affordable ($10 CAD), readily available (London Drugs, online), and works beautifully.

I use it to apply liquid foundations; I use short strokes and then lightly buff. This technique gives me a gorgeous airbrush finish. Makeup is completely blended, no streaking, and the buffing helps to blur pores and lines. Patting on gives higher coverage too.

The short, dense, dome shaped brush is soft - although not as soft as high end brushes (I can feel a difference between this and my Lancome brushes for example). It can feel a little bit scratchy on super sensitive areas of my face (under eyes and around nose) but it's only $10 and doesn't shed and feels sturdy.

This is a good alternative to similar but expensive brushes like Urban Decay's Blurring Brush or Sephora's Pro Airbrush brush. Highly recommended; I no longer even use flat or stippling foundation brushes. This short fluffly brush is perfect for the look I want.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This brush is amazing. It feels stiff when using but the finish looks flawless. This is my only foundation brush now!

I originally bought this as a foundation brush because everyone was raving about it and I guess the price has lowered since then because when I bought mine at Ulta it was pretty expensive maybe in the 20$ range? I used it for about 3 months and it made my foundation pretty flawless and then a few months later I went back to using my fingers just because it was easier nothing against the brush...A few months later I had a fabulous idea and that was to use this as a contour brush for cream contour and it worked like a dream and blended out perfectly and ever since then this is now my contour brush (cream only).

Popular Makeup Brushes