Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

This brush is amazing! such a high quality brush at an affordable price. I got mine for 8.99 from superdrug in the UK which included free delivery for beauty card holders. This brush is extremely soft and feels lovely on the skin. I use this for liquid foundation - either bobbi brown longwear or bourjois healthy mix. I pump the foundation on the back of my hand and then use this brush to apply it, after priming my face. It blends the foundation in seemlessly! I then use the real techniques buffing brush to apply my powder. All in all, I couldn't recommend this brush enough.

on 1/3/2015 3:24:00 PM

This sucker is hard and I didn't like it one bit. I have several knock off real tech brushes from ebay/China that I've purchased for $1.32 with free shipping and they were better imo. They usually arrive in 9days,the longest I've waited is 2wks and considering that my Ulta purchase from less than 200 miles away tooK 12 days to arrive, I'd be crazy to complain. These brushes are well made, dense yet soft bristles with No shedding. Minus the brand name on the handle you would never know that they were not the real deal just by looking at them.

I love this brush, gives your foundation a nice airbrush look, the brush is very sturdy and firm like I like them. I love using this brush to apply my cream to powder foundation...I've already purchased 3 of just this brush and I will continue to purchase more...

on 1/1/2015 5:32:00 PM

This is my favourite brush for applying liquid foundation (Bourjois healthy mix serum or Make Up For Ever face and body). It's dense, soft and makes applying foundation fool proof! I get one pump of foundation on the back of my hand and buff it onto my face and it provides the most beautiful, flawless coverage. I bought this off Amazon for around $10 CAD which is a total steal. The best part about this brush is that it doesn't shed and after washing, it dries overnight and is ready for use. I need to get a backup.

on 1/1/2015 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was pretty disappointed with this brush.. I have very soft skin and it's sometimes sensitive. I found this brush to soak up a lot of my foundation and it didn't distribute it very easily.. I think the bristles are quite tough too ugh. I have 4 or 5 other real techniques brushes and they're all better than this one! I could use it for contouring with powder but I already have the contour brush and it's perfect, this would be too big!

on 12/29/2014 4:10:00 PM

I have used this brush twice since I bought it. The brush is very dense and the product does not absorb into the brush. I dont find I need to use any extra foundation at all when using it. It leaves a great finish and buffs foundation in very well with minimal effort. Much better than a duo fiber stippler brush and a flat foundation brush. It gives higher coverage than both of them. It was a steal at the price aswell! will not be going further than real techniques.

on 12/26/2014 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I loveeee this brush when I want full coverage makeup

on 12/14/2014 6:43:00 PM

I really like this brush. It has lots of thick bristles that apply liquid foundation really, really well. I also used it on multiple occasions to apply blush which worked very well. It gave the blush a really rounded appearance. It is very high quality for $9.

on 12/13/2014 3:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this brush for almost anything, liquid foundation ,liquid highlighter and my cream bronzer mostly. Although I use this brush for three very different shades it does not overlap on my face, making it seem like I wash my brush between every use. This brush gives such a flawless look with foundation on my face even though I have many imperfections it covers them up nicely, over bits which have not been covered I blot over that section again to which usually seems to do the trick! Although whenever I do clean this brush it comes clear to me of how much product it does hold back onto - as the product is usually up to the handle, I think this is due to this being such a compact brush that once the product gets into tight spaces it is hard to get out. Overall this is a amazing brush and I honestly don't know what I would do without it!

on 12/5/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a very well made brush that doesn't really work for me. It washes easily, and doesn't shed. It is also fairly soft. Unfortunately, my skin is dry and slightly flaky, especially on my cheeks, so I usually use a dampened stippling brush (MAC 187) to apply my liquid foundation. I get frustrated with 187 because it is too wide for my face (and 188 is too narrow) so given the great reviews I decided to give this a shot.

As other reviewers have noted, this is a very thirsty brush. It soaked up a lot of foundation, even though I kept spritzing it with water. It also pulled the makeup off my skin when I tried to blend with it.

It isn't the brushes' fault...the dense bristles are no doubt better suited to buffing in powder or applying cream foundation. I would highly recommend it for those uses, but for an airbrushed finish on dry skin, I will stick to a stippling brush. I may try the RT stippling brush next.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products