October 1, 2014 | 1817 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in alternative to getting my hair done professionally. When i am unable to shell out the big bucks and get my hair done by the stylist, this is my go-to hair color. I love the way Revlon Colorsilk smells and the way it feels in my hair. It feels creamy and immediately hydrated when applied. I am satisfied with the end results, my hair color is bright, bold, and shiny, never streaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by hancam1030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this dye. I've been using this as long as I've been dying my hair (almost 10 years now) and I've had success with almost every color (except the blonde shades, only because I've never used those, I just go get highlights if I want to go blonde). Granted, the shades run a bit dark (except for the reds) so always go a shade lighter than what you are going for! If you are going for a light ash brown, choose a dark ash blonde instead. The color really lasts with this dye. It doesn't drip too bad. My hai is shiney and more healthy feeling and the conditioner is amazing and smells wonderful! (If only they made a bottle of this stuff! I would buy the crap out of it) anyways, a wonderful great hair dye. I never use anything else. I've been too scared to try! No patches when I use this either. And for only $2.50 a box at Walmart, it's a steal. FYI-I recommend two boxes for hair that's shoulder length or longer. Especially if you have lots of think hair like me that soaks up dye like no other.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Melissa89

I usually use Ion Color Brilliance but this color is great if you don't have that much to spend and need a quick fix from a color mishap. I used the brown-black color, and it was evenly colored, beautiful, and the smell is NICE. I love this color and it's great for the value!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Colorsilk is probably the best all-around dye I've used on my hair. I really loved Strawberry Blonde, but it looks like it's discontinued -- it was a little darker than shown on the box, but a rosy, coppery red that was really bright and held on forever. It didn't have that weird cardinal red/mahogany tinge that makes dyes look "fake." I think it'd be worth tracking down a box on ebay or something if you want a really amazing copper. My other great Colorsilk experience is with using the cool blonde shades as toners. They are VERY strongly pigmented, and are the only thing that ever really counteracted the red tones in my bleach jobs (I actually never found a good toner!). The champagne shades are better than ash, though, because with ash you run the risk of turning a little green, and I'd rather skew a cool pastel than a grassy one. This is just over bleach, though; otherwise the ash shades are really beautiful.

My friend did have a really bad allergic reaction using Colorsilk. She had to take steroids and everything. This was using a blue black shade, though, which always runs such a risk. I'd avoid dyeing my hair black no matter what... Maybe use an indigo henna instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lr99999

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm gray. I've had Colorsilk medium blonde on my hair for quite a while. I decided to go lighter so I bought 04 Ultra Light 04 to go lighter.

It didn't even DENT the darker blonde color. So I bought a Preference Les Blondisimes. Didn't even do a thing.

Geezzz. What is this stuff? I don't want to bleach or use color remover because my hair is long and in great condition.

Guess I'm stuck with this color forever, :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by bekakerr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been dying my hair for about 3 years now in bright, unnatural colors. I have naturally dark and frizzy hair so it's gone through a lot to go from dark brown to green and blue and red and pink but every time I decide to give my hair a break, I use revlon colorsilk. This thing is perfect! It makes my hair softer and healthier looking than before I died it and it covers the bright colors perfectly! I haven't tried any of the very light colors because I tend to stick to darker browns, black and auburn colors. I can go from any color to a perfectly natural even shade in a day. This product is wonderful, especially for the price. I love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by palinaka78

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought the colorsilk didnt damage my hair alot , i been useing thier product for a year now and it lasts for a long time. the color dosent fade or have a brassy look. its good overall. my hair looks vibrant and healthy, the conditioner has a heavenly smell and it makes my hair silky after i rinse it out and it drys:) , it smells like pikake , (hawaiian flower) (im from hawaii) but anyway its a verry good buy for 2-5 dollors , exellent:)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Kathsabino

Okay I used the red shade and I loved it. I first used this my junior year of high school and loved it, especially since it was only $3. The red was gorgeous, and my hair wasn't dried out. The red fades into a beautiful light brown that I love and I have no idea how else to achieve this shade other than the fading red. Fast forward 4 months, my roots have grown out about three inches and i decide that it's time to redye. My natural hair is a deep black so it was very noticeable against the light brown. So I buy another box and dye my hair. I am satisfied with the color but I notice that it totally fried my hair. I followed direction, only kept it on for 20 min. an it just ruined my hair. My hair is so dry and unhealthy now because of this hair dye. You get what you paid for. When it comes to hair dye, DON'T BE AFRAID TO SPLURGE. A much much better qualities hair dye would have only been a couple bucks more. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean you should buy it. The never ending split ends are not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by xoxojill

Wow! Is all I can say! Me being 24 and dying my hair since I was in 6th grade, you can imagined that I've tried every hair dye possible, and I was at Walmart and this was like $2.50 and I had a $1.00 of coupon I said Why not it can't hurt! Wow! I'm am shocked at the results! I have EXTREMELY Thick, Curly, Frizzy Hair and about a bottle and a half did the job. I used Soft Black and before coloring my hair was 30 different colors and this evened it out to all one color and there are NO blotched spots! My hair is also not dry at all! Great buy and will DEFINITELY use again!

WOW! NOW 2 DAYS LATER THE COLOR LOOKS GOOD UNTIL I WOKE UP WITH A SWOLLEN RIGHT SIDE OF MY FACE AND EYE! BAD REACTION! NOW TAKING MEDICATION FOR IT

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Ttylxox

I made a mistake of lightening my hair using hydrogen peroxide. So when I died my hair (shade#47) I noticed a week or less later the blonde on top had completely shown through. The bottom of my hair did remain brown, but the color certainly did fade a lot in just a week. I definitely did something wrong, I believe I should've purchased 2 boxes instead of one. The good thing is, after I died it my hair appeared very healthy and shiny. I am going to repurchase and re-dye tomorrow. Cross my fingers I do it right this time.