October 23, 2014 | 1577 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is a fantastic moisturizer for people with extremely sensitive or acne-prone skin. I suffer from the latter, which made it extremely difficult to find a moisturizer that will not make my skin worse. I can could in one hand the moisturizers that will not cause me to break out and this one moisturizes better than any of them. This is still a rather light moisturizer and will not completely fix the problem when my skin is extra dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by niahana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

honestly, this product is like sooooooo awesome! it spreads on my skin so easily, especially in adjacent with my cleanance k which also done a very good job too. the product somehow reduce my acne scars, sooth my skin so gently after i wash my face (which tends to tighten) and offer a great moisture for me...

HOWEVER...

it breaks me out crazily when i apply it under my bb cream, especially on my forehead with more than 3 of cystic acne which is a BIG rarity for me. but then i thought, 'oh maybe because my skin needs time to get used to it' but - ugh, how damn stupid i was. i bought the light version and really, it doesnt go that well during the day... i use this cream under my bb cream because of its tolerance to factors such as environment and weather (just like in the advertisement). boy, how wrong i was! then i go to my old moisturizer; avene anti-shine regulating lotion and it does a BETTER job. it doesnt give that much shine just like the skin recovery cream, give me a dewy look and most importantly, doesnt break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by cricricri11

This product is awesome. I live in Europe and got the RICH version. I did try so many creams for my really difficult skin and this was the Holy Grail. Give this cream a go before buying even more expensive ones. It is not super cheap but affordable .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by daylemclaren

Last year i started using antibiotics and differin gel for my acne and while it helps the acne my skin started to get really dry and sore. I looked for a moisturiser that would help but all the ones i tried were really rich and heavy but didn't actually do anything for me. I came across this and it definitely repairs the skin and i think it has helped my acne heal as well. I use it every night, ill wash my face and then put on my differin gel and then ill put this on and you only need a tiny amount. It hasn't blocked my skin, my acne is nearly cleared up and it hasn't made my skin any oiler as i have combo skin. Im onto my second tube and i would definitely recommend. It is a wee bit expensive but not overly so and especially not for something that works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I suffer from rosacea which flares up once in a while. However, my skin has been generally red due to a variety of factors. I tried this cream which not only soothed my flare-ups but also lessened the sensitivity of my skin. Nowadays, my skin only turns red when I rub it too hard.

I use it as a night cream in the summer and as a day & night cream in mild winters. For harsh winters, I suppose you could layer with other Avene products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by neata94

im 36 and iv never had to use moisturizers or any other kind of creams before because my skin was always nice but due to going through a surgical menopause all that has changed and my skin was very very dry.. because im no expert i went to my local chemist and asked them for their best seller.. i wasnt holding my breathe but i was desperate to try something and i have to say 'this stuff is AMAZING'... iv only been using it for about 3 wks and it has already got rid of the dryness and when i say my skin went dry i mean it was awful. cant recommend this stuff enough. i cant believe i was lucky enough to love the first cream iv ever tried. it goes on the skin really nice too, is not greasy and has no odour.. i cant comment on price because as i said iv never bought creams before but to be onist i would of paid alot more

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by almost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently moved to a colder climate and am SO thankful for this product! This doesn't make me breakout and feels really natural, no greasiness. No frangrance too, which I love. The perfect amount of moisture my skin was craving. The packaging is pretty neat, too. A bit pricey, but it is certainly no-nonsense.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by DeniseLSmith09

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Received a sample at the local spa - I'm dealing with hyperthyroidism and rosacea and happened to be having a flare when I went to get my other products - I tried this and was blown away - didn't sting, took the redness out of my skin and made what usually is rough, bumpy skin soft and smooth... I LOVE this product and won't ever be without it!

If you have super sensitive skin (I've tried everything from A-Z) this product may be the one for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by paigeturner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly, a comment about my skin - I have the worst skin possible! It's sensitive, combination-oily, extremely acne-prone and where I have blemishes, dry and patchy.

I bought this to calm my skin down after it had become irritated, red and super dry in patches. In the UK it cost arounds 12.50, which I think it's quite reasonable for such a little miracle cream!

After just two applications, my skin was soothed and calm, with all dry patches magically erased. I applied this in the evening, as it is extremely moisturising but yet, not greasy. When I applied my makeup in the morning, it literally looked perfect with no nasty patchy bits, or any flaking.

PROS
- moisturising without being greasy
- hypoallergenic
- designed for senstive skin
- seems to be great for most skin types oily/dry
- solves dry patches
- soothes troubles and irritated skin

CONS
- none that I can think of!

This cream is designed to be used as a recovery cream and hence, not for prolonged everyday use! I used it for one week straight to "fix" my skin, and now I just use it once a week/fornightly to keep my skin looking refreshed and radiant.

A definite repurchase, and now a staple in my skincare.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

This cream is amazinggg!!! i was not sure about this because of it having mineral oil....but after using it two weeks it took away 90% of my cycst pimples. I have always been acne prone since i was a teenager and because i didn't know to care for my skin when i was younger i had bad bad acne during my high school years....after that i started to take care of my skin and thing were getting better. i still have pimples here and there but nothing that a little makeup won't cover....but it all took a wrong turn when i went for a trip to hong kong just few months ago for two weeks...my skin started to break out so badddd......there were bumps all over my face and big pimples on my forehead and jawline. i thought it's just coz i 'm not used to the weather and things will subside when i come back...but it didn't...my skin became so irritated and started to cycst pimples everywhere....i have always been having pimples but they have never been so hot and itchy and painful....i went to doctor and dermotologist couple of times and they all just gives me antibiotics and some acne medication.......and even told me to go on accutaneee which i refused knowing it's bad for my body.......and after all how my skin had became seems very unusual to me and not typical acne.....and thank god i came across this cream....my skin is still not completely healed...but the sensitivity has definately went down alot and the number of pimples have gone down alot considering i only used it for two weeks.......i can finally see my jawline and my neck starting to look flat.......i can't even explain how happy i mmmm...........plss try if you have tried everything and thought of giving up.......!!! UPDATE: After using this as my daily moisturizer for over a year i took off a lippie because i find this not enough moisturizing...each time i have to use almost a quarter size and after 20 mins my face is still dry to the touch at some area.............i went through a tube so quickkkly........i think this is a good moisturizer if you have normal skin to combination skin type.....for someone like me that lacks waters in my skin it seems not having a right ingredients to rehydrate...........still in the hunt for a good moisturizer specially now that winter is coming.........