October 31, 2014 | 1520 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Greensmoke

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is a great one. The finish of it is a lustre, which generally equals somewhat poor color payoff, but that's the only con of this product. The color itself is gorgeous, close to a military green with a tinge of ashy silver in it. Granted, you need to pack this on forever if you want to see it in its full intensity - but, with a similar shade pencil underneath as a base (highly recommend "Forever Green" by Mac), it just pops instantly and looks absolutely beautiful. It's not too dark or too green or too sparkly, so it's amazing for a simple greenish smoky eye with nothing else on.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by mimie

the first time i applied this i was sooo disapointed.It looked nothing like the way it looked at the store. I was really sad...Thank god i read the reviews here and i packed more colour on and the beautifull olive green revealed itself!!! I have never seen a colour like this one before! For me its unique.
I am in love with this eyeshadow! I love it love it love it!
Its strange but if you don't load your brush with much product it looks like a dark grey with some green undertones.So be prepared cause you do have to pack it on. I also like using a lime base to make it more vivid.
My only problem with it is that it doesn't last as much. I'll try to find a better lime base

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Definitely a unique shimmery mossy green shade, but it just doesn't look good on my skin tone in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by CrisAlex

Just beautiful - I agree with the other reviewers who say that it compliments brown eyes. I can see how it can be flattering to many skin tones. I also like to put some of this on my lower lashline as an undereyeliner. Can work with it for both a daytime and nighttime look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just an FYI/correction. Greensmoke is not a Frost finish (I wish it were - it would probably apply a whole lot better; it's actually a Lustre finish, which explains the rough texture and poor pigmentation when applied). While I wish the colour payoff on this lovely silvery blue/green shadow were a bit better, it's such a pretty, unusual colour that I can't fault it too much and even applied lightly on my upper lids, it looks so nice and really flatters my dark brown eyes, making them look even darker and sort of "alight". Really nice, unique shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by schpahky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A MAC salesperson sold me on this smoky dark green shadow. I'm a redheaded PPP and wanted something a little more formal for work, but super easy. This looks amazing on my blue-green eyes. No fussing needed! I began getting compliments from coworkers who asked if I'd changed something...they didn't know what. Ha! I can add more layers and some heavy eyeliner for a night look too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Kipper8588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

BEAUTIFUL deep green. Looks amazing on us green eyed ladies :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by zachchrismom76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a really gorgeous color, works very well with hazel eyes (and others, I'm sure). Has a small amount of shimmer, goes on smooth. I wear this a a lot in the outer V, with just a wash of Stila Kitten smudge pot over the whole eyelid, and it is a very easy, pretty everyday look. I will definitely buy a replacement when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by auburnlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with other reviewers - I too have a hard time getting this color to show up. I find it works best on its own or with some pale complimentary colors, because if you pair it with dark colors, it basically gets lost. However, it does bring out the green in hazel or brown eyes, and it's also an interesting color that you don't see that often. Overall, I would repurchase this color (which I got at a CCO for a reduced price that enticed me to try it), but I do wish it were slightly more pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by jbojangles

Beautiful, dark olive green eyeshadow that brings out brown eyes. As it is a lustre, there can be some fallout when packing it on, but it's not too irritating. Pairs well with Sumptuous Olive.