MAC Lustre - Retrospeck

4.2

I so far have 15 MAC eyeshadows and this is probably my favorite colour to wear as its nearly finished. Its gives a nice silvery/goldy glimmer to my eyes which is not too in your face and a little goes a long way as with all MAC eyeshadows. It's a eyeshadow I wear to have a more neutral look but to make my eyes pop a little at the same time.=)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this eyeshadow a while ago as I was looking for a cool-coloured Gold and this seemed the closest to what I was after. It's an ok colour but it's not very pigmented, which means there's not much colour pay-off on the lid, even after packing it on. It's not very smooth or buttery and I find it a bit chalky. I'll keep searching for a better gold - both colour and texture wise.

This eyeshadow has been my favorite for years. It's not only my favorite, but my sister's too! It would travel back and forth between our make-up bags (get stolen!) every time we visited each other! It's perfect alone as a subtle eye brightener or a great highlighter shade with darker shadows! I highly recommend this shadow and it will always be in my makeup bag!

Gorgeous! This eyeshadow is great for layering over bases. It makes your eyelid very glow-y, and really brightens up the eye area. I love this, because it's basically exactly like a glitter, but it's pressed! It is as sheer as a glitter shadow, but it's not NEARLY as messy as using loose glitter. I love this, and use it daily!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really enjoy this eyeshadow. I have hit pan, and will most certainly buy more when I run out. I have not experienced fallout with it, and I think the shimmer is perfect; not chunky or too glittery at all.

the product is ok, i agree with the other girl that the color is too sheer in color and i found it fades a bit to easily. I've only used it twice so far, so maybe i'll give a better review (or worse) once i've used it up.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Beautiful color! It was a toss up between this color & ricepaper (which I know is another popular color esp in the brow bone area) but I decided to go with this one, it looked better to me. When I tried it out I did a glittery gold look using Retrospeck on the lid to brow bone, saddle in the crease, handwritten on the outer corner & reflects gold on the lid with show orchid on the lips & I must say it turned out amazing!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this color. It has become an everyday lid color for me. It can be kind of a pain, being a lustre, but I don't get any fallout from this. It looks absolutely beautiful over bare study paint pot. If you're willing to work with it a little and pack on a little extra eyeshadow, it's totally worth it. It's really a nice color!

I don't like it... I got the caviar dreams quad, from the cham pale collection, but now I regret buying it! :S I din't like this ES.
This is a VERY sheer shade.. so much glitter! No color in it, a lot of fall out!.. makes me look weird.. I don't know.. maybe I have to use it with a darker base underneath it.
Reference: mac nc20

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE this color! :) I have blue eyes and fair skin, and I'm always looking for a color that will make my eyes pop but won't look too drastic. This is perfection. This shimmery gold really makes my eyes look bright blue. I use it on my inner corner and lid over "vintage selection" or "painterly" paint pots, and it looks great. You really won't get a great application if you don't use a paint pot or base. Simply beautiful.

Top Rated MAC Products