October 21, 2014 | 2157 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Retrospeck

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this eyeshadow. I have hit pan, and will most certainly buy more when I run out. I have not experienced fallout with it, and I think the shimmer is perfect; not chunky or too glittery at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by mycutemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the product is ok, i agree with the other girl that the color is too sheer in color and i found it fades a bit to easily. I've only used it twice so far, so maybe i'll give a better review (or worse) once i've used it up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color! It was a toss up between this color & ricepaper (which I know is another popular color esp in the brow bone area) but I decided to go with this one, it looked better to me. When I tried it out I did a glittery gold look using Retrospeck on the lid to brow bone, saddle in the crease, handwritten on the outer corner & reflects gold on the lid with show orchid on the lips & I must say it turned out amazing!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by NAK4beauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this color. It has become an everyday lid color for me. It can be kind of a pain, being a lustre, but I don't get any fallout from this. It looks absolutely beautiful over bare study paint pot. If you're willing to work with it a little and pack on a little extra eyeshadow, it's totally worth it. It's really a nice color!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by irenesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like it... I got the caviar dreams quad, from the cham pale collection, but now I regret buying it! :S I din't like this ES.
This is a VERY sheer shade.. so much glitter! No color in it, a lot of fall out!.. makes me look weird.. I don't know.. maybe I have to use it with a darker base underneath it.
Reference: mac nc20

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by alyssabombshell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this color! :) I have blue eyes and fair skin, and I'm always looking for a color that will make my eyes pop but won't look too drastic. This is perfection. This shimmery gold really makes my eyes look bright blue. I use it on my inner corner and lid over "vintage selection" or "painterly" paint pots, and it looks great. You really won't get a great application if you don't use a paint pot or base. Simply beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Retrospeck is one of the MAC shadows I've considered buying for ages now but I never ended up getting it - there was always something I wanted or liked more. I recently got this in the Caviar Dreams Quad, which represented really good value, price-wise.

I'm pretty much on the fence about Retrospeck, however. It's quite nice applied as a lid colour and I didn't have any fallout but as soon as I tried to bring the shadow into my inner corner/tear duct area, that is when it started to show a rough, harsh, almost scaly texture which is weird since on my lids (which are certain less smooth than the area beside my nose, where I was trying to bring some "light") it looked very nice indeed.

I haven't tried this as a highlight colour yet....just on my lids with Wedge blended into the crease. I've worn it to work this way and it has looked nice and quite subtle. And I've had no fall-out, something I was concerned about. But I don't think I'd repurchase this as I feel I've got other light, "brightening" shadows that work much better for me. And I can't see myself using this one up any time soon, though I will certainly continue to use it. So, all in all, it's pretty good, applies without fall-out, but it's not great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAffair89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This has to be one of my favorite MAC eye shadows that I own! I use it way too often haha. I don't have a problem with pigmentation at all, really. I was afraid when I bought this because people use the word "glittery" to describe it. I was expecting the Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy Rides Again type of huge chunks of glitter that get all over your face. But that's not the case at all. It does have more glittery than, say, a satin finish, but it's such a finely cut glitter that it doesn't get all over my face. I don't find I have a problem with fallout at all. I use this on my lid, Soba in the crease, Satin Taupe in the outer corner and Dazzlelight as a highlight/inner corner color. It goes perfectly with these shades. I'm not sure how to explain the color though. It's not really gold, but not a champagne either. It's more of a yellow-er toned eyeshadow, I find on me at least. This an amazing eyeshadow and will most definitely repurchase, as well as try out some other Lustres!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Mikaela1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I wear this on the lid (with teddy smut into lash line for example) I feel the most gorgeous! I love the shimmer it gives my lids and opens up my eyes. I look polished and festive without having to have a dark smoky eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Have bought this a couple times already. This is my eyebrow highlighter/inner eye color!!! Love it. Shimmery gold, translucent 4 the most part. i use this or Grand Entrance depending on day.