August 23, 2014 | 1782 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Waterproof Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by pkkatalina

This flaked on me and came off. Not much for Waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Ashyboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for over ten years. I've tried other mascaras and they were to clumpy or the brushes to flimsy. I really love this product and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting long, natural eyelashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

Just like a lot of reviewers here, I have sensitive eyes and straight, hard to curl lashes. I bought this after I tried LB WP and I found that they have an extremely similar ingredient list! Where I live they both sell for around .75$/mL so that gives you an idea. The LB contains a whopping 13.5mL whereas this one contains 9mL, which is very reasonable because I think no one can actually finish a tube of LB in three months and at the end, all the rest of the product is just wasted. I love the smaller, conventional dense brush as it is easier for me to use it on my corner lashes and lower lashes. The rubber brush on LB is great when your mascara is two weeks old and it has dried a little, but when it's brand new, it clumps easily. But the professional doesn't do that for me and I'm happy to find this little gem. I always remove my CG wp mascaras with a mixture of olive oil, castor oil, cocoa butter and vaseline, and this one comes off very well with a little massaging. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Nightwatcher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best and most reasonably priced waterproof one that I have tried to date. Waterproof means waterproof to these folks. I just wash my face in the shower to remove it . In D.C. and Atlanta the heat and humidity can really do a number on your makeup. You can have a bad allergy day or an all out cry with a sad movie and never have to worry about the raccoon brigade showing up . I pair this with my HG Rimmell 25 hour long wear in true ivory 103 great red face coverage for hot days ...was using loreal Infallable but so drying and poor shade match.... and my HG Revlon color stay brown eye pencil in brown use it for liner , shadow even eye brows....You can go all day rain, shine intense workout etc... My skin is dry not oily or combo if that matters) As with most mascara , wipe some of it off on tissue .If you get a little mess you can always do the old Q tip in makeup base for a quick clean up . As a perspective on my makeup habits , 30 years of wearing makeup clinique, estee lauder, Lancome, etc. and I find that I am just as happy with my cheap little finds. Don't you hate it when your mother turns out to be right. LOL

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by poisonapples

Wow this mascara sucks. No volume, no length, no curl, but plenty of clumping.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

This mascara can get really clumpy and stick your lashes together if you don't wipe off the wand before applying. Unfortunately, once you do that, the mascara becomes very natural. Not always a bad thing though. Holds a curl, is pretty waterproof, very decent, but definitely not perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Am searching for a natural-looking waterproof mascara for my non-existent lashes. This is NOT IT!! After I started using this I had a horrible allergic reaction. My eyelids started cracking and the corners of my eyes were all dried out. I thought it might be the combination of cold Michigan winter and old age (50) causing this, but not so!! I went to the opthamologist and treated my reaction and started using makeup again and it was this mascara!! I have never had a reaction to ANY eye makeup before this in my life (even previous Cover Girl mascaras)!! This is in the garbage!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

I wanted a cheaper mascara that would get me through a week long trip, so I picked up this for $4. Usually I buy Maybelline Volumous One by One or Full n Soft since I like to go for a natual look. This mascara leaves my lashes more stiff than my normal Full n Soft, but it offers WAY better length. And it's not as painful to remove as CG's Lash Blast!! No smudging, but I haven't tried swimming in it yet (I will be so dissapointed if it runs all over!). It's much, much better than it's sister-in-cheapness, Maybelline's Great Lash Waterproof.

Edit: Did an eye to eye comparison between this and my Volumous One by One and this was the absolute winner. Just such better length! So much easier to apply! And still natural looking!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Chuckers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After the cruel cosmetics world discontinued my HG waterproof mascara, Revlon ColorStay Lash Tint, I've been on a wild goose chase looking for the next best thing. Looked through the reviews at MA and thought to try this product.
Pros: It's not expensive at all...even at full price it was 6 bucks. It goes on easily, smoothly and does not glop at all.
It doesn't take the curl out of my pre-curled lashes either and will also hold an eyelash curler curl for most of the day. It did not smear until I rubbed my eyes at the end of the day and I've been in rain, humid weather and worn it during an active day. It does not make your lashes brittle and it comes off easily with soap and water.
Cons: It won't stay on for three days like the Revlon ColorStay did. Here's hoping they don't discontinue it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just used this for the first time today so I can't rate it on its day-long wear or ease of removal yet, but application was pretty good and it gave the overall look I was looking for. I used to look for extreme volumizing mascaras because my lashes are very long but thin... but I found that those types of mascaras were really hard to apply and deal with on my thin lashes and made them moreso just a mess than thicker-looking. I'm now learning that more plain-jane mascaras tend to be flattering on my lashes (as long as they don't apply too dry so that my lashes can still thicken up a bit with a couple coats). My HG mascara was GOSH Lift 'N Shape waterproof but it was recently discontinued (boo!), so I've been looking for a substitute. I liked the application of this mascara. It didn't pull out my curl and applied relatively neatly and easily without clumping or messing up my lashes. I like the brush. It isn't too fat but not overly skinny either, making it easy to reach and coat each lash. It has a good shape with the bristles evenly and closely distributed (no strange spiral/chunky bristle patterns that can make it difficult to get to every lash). It doesn't dry as hard and brittle as Maybelline Great Lash in waterproof and I'm hoping it'll be easier to remove as well (Great Lash in waterproof was nearly impossible to remove, even after soaking with pure mineral oil). I like mascaras that don't dry totally "dry" or stiff so that if a few lashes are out of place, I can still arrange them with tweezers by kinda "sticking" them to other lashes. Sounds odd, I know, but it works for me when I've got a couple stubborn lashes that just aren't going in the same direction as the others. I also dislike the rock-hard mascaras because my top and bottom lashes at the outer corners of my eyes can tend to snag on each other due to them being so long, which can be quite annoying. This formula isn't as dry/hard as Great Lash but not quite as pliable as Lift 'N Shape, so a satisfactory medium between the two. I will update my rating on this mascara if it doesn't wear as well as I expect or if it's really hard to remove. Otherwise, I'm giving it a 4/5 for now.
Update: After wearing this for a few days in a row, I do believe I like it. It's still not as good as my old GOSH Lift 'N Shape, but I don't know if I'll ever find another mascara that I liked as much as that one. This one's pretty good though. It holds my curl and makes my lashes look slightly volumized and lengthened and fluttery without a lot of fuss. It's also a lot easier to remove than Maybelline's Great Lash, though not as easy as Lift 'N Shape, which was easier to remove than any other waterproof mascara that I've come across. My lashes also have not shown any sign of damage since I've begun using this. I would recommend this mascara for those who just want a fairly good quality plainish mascara for under $10.
Update: After wearing this a couple weeks, I really no longer like it. The formula has already thickened quite a bit and now it makes my lashes hard and crunchy when it dries. It has also begun crumbling, which is very irritating on the eyes. Ugh. I still like the brush but the formula is garbage. The search continues...
Update (Again): I've still been using this on occasion, just trying to use it up because I feel bad chucking something after just a couple weeks unless it's horrid... but the flaking/crumbling has gotten sooo bad already that my eyes just can't handle it anymore. Within less than an hour of using it, both of my eyes have crumbles accumulating in them and at least one of them will eventually start getting a cloudy film of gunk over the entire eyeball as my eyes become so irritated and try to wash this stuff away. Horrible! It's getting tossed now. I've never experienced this degree of irritation from any eye product before. I can't believe it was even approved for use in the first place!