October 25, 2014 | 1690 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Waterproof Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

This is NOT WATERPROOF. I wear it on normal days (not humid or raining) and it runs down my eyes and smudges. It applies weirdly and leaves bits at the ends of my lashes. Mind you all this was brand new out of the package. It also separates my lashes too much and makes them look like spider lashes even just after a few strokes. I was so disappointed with this and I will never repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by pkkatalina

This flaked on me and came off. Not much for Waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Ashyboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for over ten years. I've tried other mascaras and they were to clumpy or the brushes to flimsy. I really love this product and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting long, natural eyelashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

Just like a lot of reviewers here, I have sensitive eyes and straight, hard to curl lashes. I bought this after I tried LB WP and I found that they have an extremely similar ingredient list! Where I live they both sell for around .75$/mL so that gives you an idea. The LB contains a whopping 13.5mL whereas this one contains 9mL, which is very reasonable because I think no one can actually finish a tube of LB in three months and at the end, all the rest of the product is just wasted. I love the smaller, conventional dense brush as it is easier for me to use it on my corner lashes and lower lashes. The rubber brush on LB is great when your mascara is two weeks old and it has dried a little, but when it's brand new, it clumps easily. But the professional doesn't do that for me and I'm happy to find this little gem. I always remove my CG wp mascaras with a mixture of olive oil, castor oil, cocoa butter and vaseline, and this one comes off very well with a little massaging. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Nightwatcher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best and most reasonably priced waterproof one that I have tried to date. Waterproof means waterproof to these folks. I just wash my face in the shower to remove it . In D.C. and Atlanta the heat and humidity can really do a number on your makeup. You can have a bad allergy day or an all out cry with a sad movie and never have to worry about the raccoon brigade showing up . I pair this with my HG Rimmell 25 hour long wear in true ivory 103 great red face coverage for hot days ...was using loreal Infallable but so drying and poor shade match.... and my HG Revlon color stay brown eye pencil in brown use it for liner , shadow even eye brows....You can go all day rain, shine intense workout etc... My skin is dry not oily or combo if that matters) As with most mascara , wipe some of it off on tissue .If you get a little mess you can always do the old Q tip in makeup base for a quick clean up . As a perspective on my makeup habits , 30 years of wearing makeup clinique, estee lauder, Lancome, etc. and I find that I am just as happy with my cheap little finds. Don't you hate it when your mother turns out to be right. LOL

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by poisonapples

Wow this mascara sucks. No volume, no length, no curl, but plenty of clumping.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

This mascara can get really clumpy and stick your lashes together if you don't wipe off the wand before applying. Unfortunately, once you do that, the mascara becomes very natural. Not always a bad thing though. Holds a curl, is pretty waterproof, very decent, but definitely not perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Am searching for a natural-looking waterproof mascara for my non-existent lashes. This is NOT IT!! After I started using this I had a horrible allergic reaction. My eyelids started cracking and the corners of my eyes were all dried out. I thought it might be the combination of cold Michigan winter and old age (50) causing this, but not so!! I went to the opthamologist and treated my reaction and started using makeup again and it was this mascara!! I have never had a reaction to ANY eye makeup before this in my life (even previous Cover Girl mascaras)!! This is in the garbage!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

I wanted a cheaper mascara that would get me through a week long trip, so I picked up this for $4. Usually I buy Maybelline Volumous One by One or Full n Soft since I like to go for a natual look. This mascara leaves my lashes more stiff than my normal Full n Soft, but it offers WAY better length. And it's not as painful to remove as CG's Lash Blast!! No smudging, but I haven't tried swimming in it yet (I will be so dissapointed if it runs all over!). It's much, much better than it's sister-in-cheapness, Maybelline's Great Lash Waterproof.

Edit: Did an eye to eye comparison between this and my Volumous One by One and this was the absolute winner. Just such better length! So much easier to apply! And still natural looking!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Chuckers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After the cruel cosmetics world discontinued my HG waterproof mascara, Revlon ColorStay Lash Tint, I've been on a wild goose chase looking for the next best thing. Looked through the reviews at MA and thought to try this product.
Pros: It's not expensive at all...even at full price it was 6 bucks. It goes on easily, smoothly and does not glop at all.
It doesn't take the curl out of my pre-curled lashes either and will also hold an eyelash curler curl for most of the day. It did not smear until I rubbed my eyes at the end of the day and I've been in rain, humid weather and worn it during an active day. It does not make your lashes brittle and it comes off easily with soap and water.
Cons: It won't stay on for three days like the Revlon ColorStay did. Here's hoping they don't discontinue it!