October 26, 2014 | 1022 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by ohio_state_scholar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The colors are pretty, the feeling on your lips is quite nice, those are the things I liked. The hings I didn't like: the way it dried out my lips after a little while of wear, the way the color seemed to bleed down over the edge of my lips, THE SCENT, and the feeling of putting it on (doesn't feel like a gloss or lipstick going on, somehow less thick feeling).

I just can't get past the scent most of all. The GSs are not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by ELLEGIIRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only have this in the shade 19 (my lips look super pigmented already, so I usually buy shades to make my lips lighter). I love how pigmented these are with minimum transfer when I drink and eat. I don't have to constantly apply this as I would with other nude lipsticks. The outside packaging doesn't look very nice, but it's quite functional. The wand and opening of the product dispense the perfect amount for 1 application. I usually do 2 layers to achieve the accurate colour from the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by misstaggart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This beats out any other stain I've tried. Yes, the finish looks glossy but feels semi-matte, but what I want out of a stain more than anything is amazing color that is positively ANCHORED to my pout, so I love that about it. I don't understand how it works, it's magic!

I have it in three colors:

5 - Rouge Vintage (a very comely rose petal pink)
10 - Rouge Philtre (classic berry red)
26 - Violine Surrealiste (very bright plum w/ a dash of pink)

Definitely try these puppies on if you're able to, before buying (especially at this price). What you see in the tube might be a shade or two away from what you're going for, so it's important to play with a few shades in the same family before committing. I almost always ended up buying the shade I wasn't sure I'd like, and never bought the very first shade I picked up!

I think if I just add a nice orange-y coral, my collection (and bank account) can rest for a bit. I'm not sure how much I'm gonna love the packaging (which is pretty) when the product starts to run low, and there is some color separation, but you can swirl it around to re-blend.

It's brutal how expensive they are, but if you need a stain for special occasion or want to splurge, consider this for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I have this in #1 Violet Edition. This colour is described (by the name itself) to be violet - so some sort purple shade mixed with deep red tones. However, from 1 layer, this appears more red than it is purple. It only comes off somewhat purple after 2+ layers.

This review is based more so on the product (wear, longevity, scent etc) more so than the colour of the product.
I saw this shade and I knew that this was going to be the perfect fall/vampire-dark lipgloss for me.

Shaped like a rectangle lipgloss - pretty standard. The gold cap makes it look very luxurious, and the black bottom has a see-through stripe in which you can see the actual product inside the tube.

There IS a scent, but it fades/not really noticeable after application.

The true colour itself lasts a pretty long time, 2-3 hrs of wear (sooner if food is involved) that you start noticing a slight fade in color. However, the shine fades a lot quicker as it dries throughout your wear. One weird thing I've noticed is that the fading starts from the inside of my lips, does not fade evenly - which may be a concern, and once I start noticing this I begin applying the next layer.

The stain is nice. I wore 3 layers for an evening with slight touch ups throughout the night, and my lips are still somewhat stained even though its been a full day now of taking this off my lips with make up remover.

Kind of moisturizing. Not too much, not too little. 5 hours of this on my lips and my lips did not get chapped or dry. However, I still recommend applying some chapstick a couple of minutes before applying this.

Is it worth the $30? ($38 CDN after taxes)? Not really.....$30 is just WAY to expensive for ANY make up product besides foundation. The only reason I talked myself into getting this stain was because I had a $30 gift certificate. If I didn't, I don't think I would ever purchase it even if the colour is one-of-a-kind. If you have the money to spend on this, then sure I would definitely recommend it. However, if you don't, I'd recommend the L'Oreal stains unless there is a colour within this collection that speaks to you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Kampretos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

DEFINITELY A MUST HAVE! in love with this product. it's expensive but it's so great. love the texture and it lasts a WHOLE DAY!! it's better than mac pro long wear (my opinion) xoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Those lipsticks are amazing. I absolutely love them. I use shade 11 and it is definately one of my favourite lip products.
It is so special, unique. The color is gorgeous and it stays on lips for so many hours. I apply two coats of this and it stays sooo long. I feel safe to know that the only way to take this off is by using a make-up remover. It is really smooth and hydrating for my lips. They don't get dry. They look just perfect! I also believe that this lipstick makes your style look more sophisticated.
I also love its packaging. It is elegant and luxurious and its brush makes the use of it really easy.
No other product provides familiar results.
Will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love these! I have about 12 of them and will continue to purchase new colors. I love how these can be layered over each other, or layered on their own for depth of color. They can also be sheered out for just a wash of color. I am also lazy about reapplying, so they work perfectly for me. The gloss look remains on my lips almost all day and they don't feel sticky. I also like that I do not have to use a liner and they stay put inside my lips--no feathering. The colors range from a light beige to darker berries and reds, so there is something for everyone. Some people find these drying on their lips if they wear them for several days in a row--I do not find them drying, but I do use a lip moisturizer every night. If you want a long wear lip color without that dry look, give these a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Isolar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying a friend's glossy stain I immediately ran out to get my own. I now have this in two shades - #9 for evenings and #5 for daytime. I've only been using these for about a week now, but I have already thrown out all my other lipsticks because I see zero point in using them when I could be using these.

Yes they're expensive, but not prohibitively so. And I wish they had more shades to choose from. But absolutely nothing compares to these - they last all day, even through meals. If you don't like the rose scent there's not much you can do since the smell does stick around, fortunately I don't have a problem with it. The product is watery going on but easy to apply, after a minute or two it 'dries' on the lips without feeling drying or cakey, I completely forget I have anything on and my lips stay hydrated. The staying power is a miracle, and despite the lack of a million shades I was able to find two that work really well on me. An absolute Holy Grail product, I couldn't be happier.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by kbulmer

I got this product in #20 Rouge Enamel. I really never spend this much on a lip product because I sort of like to stick to drugstore brands for lip stick... But I wanted a really good bold red lip stick and I saw a review on YouTube for this and thought I would splurge.

Took me a couple tries to warm up to it but I love it now! It's a very bold red. This colour is NOT SHEER! But that's what I was looking for. First coat stays pretty matte, but after the next two coats its has a nice glossy sheen that lasts until I wipe it off. Yes, it does wipe off, like a cross between a lip gloss and a lip stick. But everyday wear will not remove it until you wipe it off. Does not run, feather OR stain. Would buy again. Maybe in a lighter colour for everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by dawnlois

Here I come again, to throw a wet blanket over just about everybody's party... I AM sorry. But I can;t really find anything good to say about this! And I feel like a complete sucker, to boot! I initially thought "ooh, sheer, glossy and long lasting!!" when I first heard of this. The top three things we would love in a lip gloss, am I right? Well - this is none of those things, The shine is dull, they are extremely opaque, and I have had the extremely odd experience of having both colors I own (#15 Rose Vinyl and & #7 Coral Aquatique) go SUPER dark on me, even though they're just about the lightest colors in the lineup. I can't even imagine what the really deep colors would look like. As in, when I wore number 7 I almost fell over when I glanced at myself in the rear view mirror before getting out of the car - my lips were literally pumpkin colored!! I don't have to tell you all how this looked in the sunlight. That's when I found out how long lasting this is - it basically wiped right off. Well - after getting stuck in the corners of my mouth, and getting some on my tongue, which BTW tasted horrible, like old lady rose sachet or something. The packaging is very nice, substantial and not cheap looking. So freaking what?!? The stuff inside would be awful at any price, but this product adds insult to injury by being ridiculously over priced. Not impressed at all. And incidentally, both my mom and my daughter tried them also - with the same reactions. Oh well, live and learn, right?