Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

3.5

Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Soil Minerals, Silica, Mica, Calcium Silicate (+/-): Zinc Oxide (CI77947), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499)

on 12/27/2012 5:38:00 PM

i adore this foundation. A few years ago i had terrible skin, i went to a skin doctor and they reccomended this product to me, it has changed my whole life, im a more confident person with this makeup on, its natural but at the same time gives full coverage. I suffer from bad acne and red patches but using this foundation alone has improved my skin 100%. I will never use liquid foundation again!. Honestly give this product a go, its kind to your skin, doesnt contain any bad ingredients and gives you a flawless finish, im 17 and i started wearing this when i was around 15. Im converted, ill NEVER use liquid again, first time ever reviewing a product but i felt the need to review this, also the foundation itself comes in a wide range of colours, i wear this everyday and it lasts me 3+ months.
LOVE BAREMINERALS <3

First I really liked this product, it seemed to be a good alternative to liquid foundations. Even though, after some time, I started to feel a mask-effect when it was applied, my skin felt irritated and not comfortable.
It gets oily on my nose and forehead in some 2h, in general, the skin does not look fresh and lively in it.

on 10/19/2012 8:24:00 PM

i used this for almost a year since i bought a starter kit
this foundation really didnt do anything for me
when i wore it my pores looked huge!! and did not cover any redness
also really made my dry patches stand out
it went on cakey and did not last throughout the day
AND it if my face was to sweat it would burn and itch not good!
will never buy again!

on 9/17/2012 4:43:00 AM

After having my daughter my skin changed a lot and liquid foundation just started looking bad on me so when I saw this on qvc I had to try it.
I have combination skin with a flaky/oily t zone and I find unless I exfoliate before EVERY application it finds the tiniest patches of dry skin and clings on for dear life!
It also seems to accentuate pores I didn't even know I had. Indoors it looks flawless, I'll admit... And you get no neck/face colour tide mark but in daylight my skin looks awful! A bit dead and waxy like I'm a corpse that's just been made up in the morgue! I've tried various colours to no avail.
It seems to wear off quickly even with the prime time primer and I look oily after a short period, and I'm not impressed with the coverage.
Like I said, indoors I look wonderful - unfortunately I can't spend all say indoors!

I'm going to try the matte version and hopefully that will work otherwise it'll just be a case of money down the drain and back to my HG foundation quest

on 8/18/2012 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was lured into trying this product after I heard many women talk about how it looked lke they were wearing no makeup at all. I have to say when i do wear this makeup that it doesn't look like anything is on my face at all. The only thing is that people that know me know I'm wearing makeup because I have awful skin. Dark spots, acne scars, dark circles, very pink skin, large pores. You name it I got it. But this does a good job of concealing without looking heavy. However I will say I use the max coverage concealer brush and I purchased the bare minerals SPF 20 correcting concealer which I love. It works great with the foundation and really takes the redness out of my skin (cheeks/fresh acne messes). The staying power is great and my days are 16 hour days at the max. I just take an oil blotter sheet to my face once or twice if it's a really long day. The foundation does look better the longer you leave it on. It blends with the skin or something and it makes my skin feel very soft/doesn't break me out. It is also one of the only foundations I can put over my prescription strength duac gel and not have a burning sensation. The only complaint I have is that I use the original formula bc I have oilly skin, but i love the glow the original gives my face. I want the glow minus the oil, but sometimes you can't have it all.

on 7/23/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this several years ago and I was told that I had to purchase both the foundation and mineral veil in order for the foundation to work. It was too expensive and the containers were messy. I never repurchased, despite the way this foundation made my skin look and feel.

I revisited Bare Minerals because of the start up kit and now I'm hooked. I have fairly good skin, but I have a scar on my chin that is always red, even with concealer. Most powder foundations keep the redness at bay for a couple of hours, but if I don't touch up, the redness comes through. The Bare Minerals minimizes the redness for a lot longer than traditional powder foundations. Without a touchup, my chin is barely red. This foundation also has great overall coverage and imparts a healthy glow. It leaves my face feeling soft. I only use the foundation, I don't use the mineral veil.

I also like using the foundation as a concealer. The kit contains a concealer brush, which probably makes a difference. The concealer does a great job under/around my eyes and as a shadow base. I've had no problems with caking; I just have to wait for my eye cream and moisturizer to fully dry before I apply the Bare Minerals. The "concealer" makes my eye area appear smoother and brighter.

The container has been updated with a sifter lock, which prevents spills and wasted product. This is a big improvement because it keeps everything clean! This foundation is a must have for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After getting the Bare Minerals women to put this on me in Fenwicks, I was dead impressed. I looked soo flawless and it lasted ALL DAY without making me oily at all which is VERY rare. So I went back the next day and purchased the starter pack which came with 3 brushes, mineral veil, fairly light and light powder, warmth and a small bottle of prime time. The prime time is a great primer btw. Anyway everytime I tried to put it on myself I could not get it right... the coverage was so minimal and I got oily quick! I watched the video and everything and couldn't get it right...it was a waste of £50. This makeup would be great for normal skin with few blemishes but not for myself!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought bare minerals for similar reasons as everyone else: saw it everywhere and was convinced to try it. i got my set on sale at ulta and took it home, excited to try it out. well, it made my skin look wonderful, but wasn't enough coverage to hide the HORRIBLE ACNE it gave me. i've never had acne like that in my life - painful, under the skin pimples that didn't go away for a week, only to be replaced by more. i changed my entire skincare routine, thinking that it was my face wash or moisturizer, but my problem didn't go away until i stopped using bare minerals. i guess this is a relatively common thing and i was unlucky enough to have a reaction to whatever chemical-cocktail they use.

it's a bummer, because i really liked everything else about it. i even kept it for a long time in my makeup supply, thinking that some day i'd have magic new skin to use it on. no such luck.

i will point out, however, that my sister used it without issue. everyone is different.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Both my roommate and I have been using Bare Minerals for over two year now. My roommate once said, "I don't care if I'm homeless, I'm still gonna buy Bare Minerals." While that make be an exaggeration, you get the point.
Bare Minerals foundation is perfect for my acne-prone skin. I don't have to worry about leaving it on overnight like I did with liquid foundation. It also covers acne and acne scars better than any foundation I had ever tried. When I have a zit that is difficult to cover, I use the corner tip of a triangle makeup sponge, dab it in a little of the powder, and put it on. It's like the zit isn't even there. Same for scars.
I especially like this foundation because it is so natural looking. I still blend it into my neck a little, since it IS a foundation, but I love that it looks like I have naturally even, beautiful skin when I really don't. AND it still lets my freckles shine through, which is a deal breaker for me :)
Finally, this product lasts forever. Yes, it is pricey ($27 at Sephora), but it is going to last you 6+ months wearing it every day. This equals out to buying $5-10 liquid foundation once a month.
Combine this product with Faux Tan bronzer and the Mineral Veil, and you're gonna be looking great!

on 6/6/2012 9:50:00 AM

I have reading about this product and watching videos online of women who love it so wanted to try it.

My skin is generally great and i can get away with a BB cream with no problems.

Ulta had an introductory special with the Foundation, concealer and mineral veil so I got it for $20 to try it out.

Pros:
-Can't think of any except i was hoping this would be better during the hot arizona summers than a liquid foundation

Cons:
-Application is time intensive (brush, tap, buff)
-HAVE to use a primer before application
-Pores look larger
-Accentuates any dry skin
-Accentuates any lines in skin
-Messy container and application
-Made my face ITCH terribly
-Obvious makeup look when applied

Generally very dissapointed in this product and cannot beleive women like this! They must have never tried a quality foundation before...