BeneFit Cosmetics "Hello Flawless!" Oxygen Wow

3.1

Active Ingredients / Ingredients Actifs : Octinoxate 5.49 %, Titanium Dioxide 2.37 %. Other Ingredients / Autres: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone,Isododecane, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate / Dicaprate, Pentylene Glycol, Maris Aqua (Sea Water), Phenoxyethanol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Prolinamidoethyl Imidazole, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, BHT. [+/- : CI 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dixoide)].

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

What can I say, I read ALOT of reviews on this product speculating whether to buy it or not! And now that I have I am so glad I ignored some of the reviews! This foundation is beautiful for those who are seeking a lightweight feel, with the right amount of coverage to even out the complexion naturally whilst still providing a good base for other products.

Let me start by saying, if you are seeking a FULL coverage, this foundation is not it! Nor does it claim to be! Ofcourse it can be builded up, but when used how it is marketed, the finish is gorgeous.
I genuinely believe that the negative reviews this foundation receives is not based on the product itself but based upon the clients needs in a foundation, the application method and in general not fully understanding what the product offers.

So let's look at the Pro's and Cons

Pro's
- Provides a natural looking coverage
- Velvety feel, does not feel greasy on the skin
- Lasting power is good, and better if the matching Hello Flawless Powder is used sheerly through the T-Zone
- Does not cake
- Can be builded in problemed areas (I would recommend building and blending through problems rather than adding an entire layer to the face)
- Does Not oxidise
- Yellow undertones

Cons
- Range of colours is minimal
- Will not stop pimples from peaking through (however with this level of coverage it is not supposed too! just add some of benefits BOIING industrial strength concealer)
- does not offer many pinker tones for those who prefer it.

Application
I find that using a standard foundation brush (like a paintbrush flat on both sides) works best with this foundations consistency. It allows you to spread the product evenly and flawlessly without losing the foundation within the bristles (which would happen with a buffing brush) I do think a damp beauty blender can also give a beautiful look, however you will need a bit more product (if you desire) as the dampness on the sponge sheers it out a little.

Consistency
The foundation is a lightweight more "watery" feel. if you prefer gel like or thicker consistency, this is not for you.

Who's Skin?
I would recommend this foundation to those with normal, combination and dry skin. However if you have oily skin which usually oils up with foundations, then this foundation will be no different (it is not specifically made for oil control) but you know the drill! Primer!
This is very kind to my skin, it does not break out, and has no strong scent.

Finish
Provides a natural drained, however remains velvety with some matte properties.

Pairs well with?
This pairs well with there Hello Flawless Powder in the T-Zone! Add some Hoola Bronzer, blush of your choice and your favourite Highlighter (I used Mac's Perfect Topping). And Voila! your Base is complete and ready for the next step in the makeup process!

I hope you enjoyed this review, please leave me a reply on your opinion, on other tips and trick.

Brought to you by Honest Reviews

on 1/14/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently received a sample of this to try out and I am so glad I didn't spend the money for the full size. It wasn't a terrible foundation per say, it is just not what I was looking for. I go for medium to full coverage in my foundations, and this one was very sheer. It wasn't buildable and it dried too fast on my face. I had to do small sections at a time, but I couldn't get the sections to blend together, so I had cakey looking lines where the foundation wouldn't blend together. This is the first time I've been disappointed by benefit's foundations. They have really never worked for me. It seems like they only cater to people who have normal to oily skin.

I had high hopes for this product but i was dissapointed even after the first use. I mean it's not too bad but considering it being a high-end brand and for the price, i'd expect it to be better. I could get a better foundation at the drugstore! Kind of hard to blend, if you have dry skin stay away from this! It left dry patches is not what any of us would want, can be cakey.
Would not recommend, if youre gonna splurge on makeup i would not go for this at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

POREfessional primer, by BeneFit, works so well with my skin I just had to sample this fdtn.

SA matched my skin tone with color honey, but think champagne might have been a better color match. This applied okay; however, it lacked a minute amount of play I normally feel in a fdtn, so my fdtn intuition told me this would be too drying for my skin. Gave Oxygen Wow time to set, and then checked finish in the mirror…..intuition spot on, too drying for my skin, which in turn, doesn't provide a soft, even finish, nor blur fine lines.

UPDATE - Wore this again to double check finish. Within an hour, fdtn had oxidized much darker with a reddish tint, and clung to dry patches. Removed one lippie.

on 1/10/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I managed to pick up a deluxe sample of this in shade I am so money honey. The label shows a darker colour. In fact, I thought this shade would be too dark for my olive Winter skin. Turns out it's the right depth, just a tad too peachy. Still workable if I bring it down to my neck.

This foundation is pleasant to use because it has quite a bit of slip. I can apply this in record time as it is so easy to massage into the skin- no tools needed. It makes my makeup look fresh and natural... I really like the initial effect. However, it soon starts to oil up and it also has the tendency to 'cake' as the days go on.

In conclusion, it works well initially but it has the tendency to become very shiny and to 'cake' after a few hours. If I am completely honest though, most foundations I tried turn shiny on me. It might work for people who don't have that problem :)

i think its an excellent product. it offers medium to full coverage. very build able and doesn't give a cake affect. however I'm a person with decent looking skin , few breakouts on the forehead. i am very acne prone however and have very sensitive skin , this foundation does not make my skin break out ! so this is one of the reasons i love it ! however it is VERY DEWY if u are a fan of matte foundations this is not for you. I noticed that i need to use a silicone based primer before using this foundation to keep a glowy flawless look. i recommend it to someone with yellow undertones in there skin or olive undertones and for people with dry , normal or combination skin.

on 12/31/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This foundation is great for everyday use, this has spf 25 broad spectrum so its perfect!
the consistency is not thick& not too thin, very ideal. The thing I love the most about this foundation though is the packaging! Every foundation should have this packaging! there is absolutely no waste & you can clearly see how much is left! But back to the product performance: I bought this last winter & i don't know if it was my skincare routine or what, but this does accentuate dry patches in my experience. So it's not super hydrating. but i do take into consideration that my skin is a pain in the butt most of the times.
Its now summer & i tried it a few times recently & it was super good. though it did get oily after a few hours. Bottom-line: Its GOOD for everyday wear you just have to work with it.

on 12/30/2014 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have dry sensitive acne prone with normal - oily t-zone. My skin is quite clear with faint blemishes/clogged pores along my forehead. This foundation provides very sheer coverage... like sheerer than a tinted moisturizer. The finish is interesting... It's kind of matte but patchy at the same time? It's quite hydrating though, the finish is just horrible. There's no scent to it. You can definitely find a better foundation for less $$$. I have shade "champagne" - it's quite peachy and a shade lighter so I use it as a base then add my daily foundation on top.

I'd only recommend this product to those who already have perfect skin and just want to even out their skin.

For reference - NC 25-30/ Diorskin Star 021 Linen/ MUFE HD 118/ MUFE F&B 32/ YSL TE BD50/ Chanel Vitalumiere in 010 Limpide/Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lift in 120/ Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 53

on 12/27/2014 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have an oily t-Zoe and pretty bad acne on my forehead and chin and this foundation covered my redness and evened out my skin tone well so I only have to use a concealer on a few areas of my face and paired with powder I don't get oily for a few hours after applying my makeup. When i eventually get oily I use blotting sheets and my face looks as good as when I applyed my makeup.

on 12/25/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first bought this foundation when I didn't know much about makeup nor did I know what was good for my skin and even what type of skin type I had. I just went with the worker from Sephora's opinion on the fact it had good coverage. I will agree with that. This foundation is very good on coverage. I don't have a lot of acne but, there's times where I can have more redness and it does a very good job on covering that. I usually did not use concealer unless it was quite a big/blotchy break out. Although, it's good on coverage turns out this is a HYDRATING foundation and I have oily skin. I know a friend with dry skin who loves this foundation but, for me it didn't really work because it made me a lot oilier than what I naturally am and it was definitely a hassle trying to blot and powder through out the day. I would recommend this foundation for people with dry skin.