August 1, 2014 | 1814 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Invisible Fluid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by macshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this foundation. I nearly finished mine, and I'm most likely about to buy a new one.

I enjoyed the light coverage, and appreciated that it was both alcohol and fragrance free. I have combination/oily skin, and it lasted (mostly) throughout my busy work day. I was surprised with how much foundation was left on my makeup wipe in the evening.

I would have given it the overall rating of a "5" but the makeup did oxidize on me a bit, (try going a shade lighter) and I really don't like the packaging. The spout mixed with the watery foundation easily creates a mess.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using the sample of this product for a week now and just bought a full sized version. If you get a sample, you need to make sure the product is shaken or stirred properly before application. The full-sized bottle has a little ball inside to help combine the ingredients when you shake it, the sample does not and the ingredients can separate into pigment at the bottom of the sample tube and a clear oily liquid at the top of the tube. My sample was good until five days into using it; the foundation started to look transparent on my skin because the pigment was not mixed in well. This is a water-based formula, so shaking up the mixture is important.

Generally this is the best light coverage foundation I've used so far. My skin is quite delicate and medium to heavy coverage foundations tend to look fake. I like lightweight foundations that look like skin but it's been hard finding anything that does not contain cyclopentasiloxane, talc, or bismuth oxychloride. I don't think these ingredients bother most people, but they bother me. My skin, which is dermatitis and clog prone, is very reactive to any products that contain them. So far, I've not had a problem with Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup. In fact this may be the only foundation I am able to wear. I am even thinking of getting a back-up bottle. I hope this product is never reformulated or discontinued.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by julfin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 1WN2. This is a nice, natural, everyday foundation for me. The coverage is minimal--it is a bit thin and watery, and just gives a soft evening of the skin. "My Skin But Better" kind of thing. I have had no breakouts from this, and it doesn't change throughout the day--no caking or color changes. I do keep a fuller foundation on had when I want a more "done" look.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by cmlaporte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation leaves the most beautiful natural skin-like finish. I am totally in love with this product. Purchased in shade 2CN1. For the first time that I can remember, I have been able to use a liquid foundation without it appearing heavy or overly greasy, or worst of all, bright orange from oxidisation. It is worth every penny of it's $35 price to achieve this level of flawless perfection. I like to use a small tapered paddle brush to apply because it provides the best coverage on my skin pitted with old acne scars. The makeup does not settle into fine lines or pores. If anything, it optically seems to make pores appear smaller. It does not contain fragrance or any SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by miramania

It's expensive but gives my face to the most amazing glow and just about perfect coverage to let my natural beauty also shine through.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by lipsofanangel56

I love this for an easy, natural faced look. I bought this last year about this time, and I find that it's sheer enough that you can actually wear it all year round, yet it does cover very well. I'm not sure exactly how that's possible, but it is! I love how it feels on the skin, and my skin tends to get oily thorughout the day, and it controls pretty well; I still have to powder after about 3-4 hours, but that's fine with me! In the mornings however, I put my makeup on after I shower so my skin is dried out and this doesn't stick to any dry patches. Overall, this is a reallu nice light foundation that I think is actually worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by manarnoor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did not like it at all. Tried it for one day, settled into every dry spots on my face even the ones that i didn't know existed. I do not recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After trying this product several times I decided to break down and get it. I needed a base to cover redness and not be too thick or drying. I have drier skin now at my age, and need to keep it moisturized without adding too much grease. Foundations should not be relied upon for moisture, but some can be very drying. It is important to prepare skin adequately before the application of any foundation; and also year round as needed. A regular program consisting of cleansing, a serum or toner, and the correct moisturizer is important to help the foundation as well as your skin to look and perform its best.

Invisible Fluid Foundation is not a base to correct anything; and it is best used on skin that has been well cared for and is not too problematic. If you have good skin, and basically want some protection and perhaps wish to even out colour and tone, it will be a good foundation for you. Should you need a corrective base, or a complete full coverage look, you will need to look elsewhere. I think of IFM as being a complement to great skin. It will cover more than a tinted moisturizer, and somewhat less than a regular foundation; although you can layer it on a second time to cover a bit more. As to the question of why use it if you have good skin already; the answer is to enhance a good skin even more, protect it from the elements, and add a bit of polish to the complexion.

It is lightweight and there is a wide choice of shades to choose from. They will suit most people, and even though not a perfect match, is not intended to be a perfect covering base as mentioned before. It can be applied to certain areas to even out redness, or to cover the odd blemish or uneven skintone, and still look natural. It lasts a decent amount of time (although not like the new all-day type foundations). It is dewy in nature, and must be shaken 15 times before application. It blends seamlessly and is a delightful concoction with no offensive smell or oiliness. It is one of the best new makeups out there.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Oh, how I want this to work for me but something in this formulation makes my skin react. Every time I wear this my rosacea flares. I've tried to deny it because the finish of this liquid is beautiful, albeit drying, but I cannot deny it any longer as I have to get out the cortisone cream after applying this each time.

The fluid is so light so it would be perfect for summer. I was given 2NC1 and it is perfect for my NC25 LLL skin tone. (I tried 2WN1 and it was too yellow so try these in the outdoors.) I fought with the SA a tad but she was right. These colors run warm and tend to oxidize as they dry.

I do think this foundation is hard for those who have dry skin to pull off. I currently am sporting dry skin and this intensifies my dry skin like no other foundation I have. After wearing it, my skin looks extra crepe-y putting me in a cycle of piling on more and more moisturizers just to wear this, making me think this might be better for normal to combination/oily skin types.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ocdocdodcgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG foundation! I am a product junkie and I rarely stick to one foundation. I have purchased this many times. This foundation is perfect for aging skins and my 20 year old daughter loves it as well. It's lightweight and still provides coverage. I get many compliments while wearing this foundation.