August 1, 2014 | 1570 users online

Concealers - NYX - HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Beige/CW 04. Beige/CW04 is a light, neutral beige and is an excellent match for my NC25 skin which leans more N than C/yellow. I have NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard and NYX Beige is similar in color but less peach than NARS and offers no radiance as the color is flat/matte. NYX doesn't say it provides any "radiance" so I'm not holding that against NYX, just mentioning it as a comparison to NARS. Great price (about $5), nice packaging, appears fairly pigmented, goes on smoothly with a doe-foot applicator, available in many colors including corrector shades, similar in appearance and consistency to NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer but sadly, it is NOT a dupe. It is similar in many ways but the big difference is that it looks quite dry and unnatural as soon as it dries on the skin and it only gets worse as time goes on. Even with extra moisturizer, it still ended up chalky, dry & obvious. I tried it on my face as well as under my eyes and in both instances, the end results were bad. I wanted to love it as I do LOVE my NARS and found NYX's color selection to be better, but the final results w/ NYX were too dry & unnatural. I don't recommend it. ** I have also posted a separate review for NYX HD PC in Yellow/CW 10 which is a similar product but obviously more of a highlighter/brightener/corrector.**

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by applecour

This makes a great under-eye concealer. It doesn't crease and it covers pretty well without looking cakey. It's not ideal for blemishes because it doesn't stay on long enough. I really thought this was going to get me off of MAC's little concealer pot for covering blemishes, but alas, it wore off after about 4 hours of wear. It has stayed significantly longer under my eyes, so I think my oily skin probably has something to do with it. I always set my concealer though, so I'm not really sure what the issue is... either way, it's a great concealer for dark circles.

EDIT: I cannot find a color match! I've returned 4 of these, all either too dark, too orange, too pink... too something! I've given up. I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've repurchased this concealer a couple of times and really like it. I find that it blends out nicely and does not cling on to any dry patches on my face. It works best at covering up redness and under eye circles. I'd say its a great concealer for the price, however if you are looking to cover up acne or hyper pigmentation it might not provide enough coverage for you. I also want to add that it wears off a bit throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jwmk9195

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is a good concealer for the price. It does cover up pimples and scars. It's my first time using this product and i am very impressed with the quality and the amount of coverage it provides.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing concealer! I just can't believe how many times I passed it up at Ulta for the pricier ones that arent' nearly as effective as this one. I have oily skin, yet it stays put all day. I have under-eye wrinkles, it does not accentuate them. I have dark circles and it covers them nearly completely. All for $5. What more could you want? I am NC30 and use this in Glow, which is a perfect match. I am also going to try the yellow to see what all the hype is about..

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by ahoymaite

This is my favorite concealer! In fact, I've stopped wearing foundation since I started using it. It only takes a little bit to cover, and it covers SO WELL. Lasts throughout the day and dries with a matte but healthy-looking finish. I've repurchased this several times. My only qualm is that sometimes the concealer brush tip is slightly sharp. It can hurt if you're applying quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this concealer! It's my HG concealer, I'm on my fourth tube, it's a perfect match for my fair skin. Really great for when I don't want to have a face full of foundation- this does the trick at concealing stubborn redness and discolorations like my under eye circles. Repurchase again and again. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by kidrauh1

Love this! Has very good coverage. It has lasted me about months and I just ordered another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by thebeautyunknown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a long time, and love it. It's super quick and easy to put on, provides good coverage, and makes me look natural. The only downside is that it runs out very quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ldtef002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best concealer I have come across! I like to highlight my features with concealer and this does just the trick. It also hides blemishes and acne scars brilliantly as well. I am fair and use the lightest shade and works great. It's not too pink, not too yellow. The only downside of this concealer is it goes fast. The tube is small. I have been through 3 tubes already within two months, but for a price range of $4-$6, how could I complain?