November 24, 2014 | 945 users online

Concealers - NYX - HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by jess2133

This concealer is a brilliant concealer, it's very pigmented and covers redness and acne well. However, the issue I have is the shade range. I first bought this concealer in "beige" since it has a yellow undertone, but it's too light. If it was a shade or two darker this concealer would by absolutely perfect. I next got it in "medium" which was supposed to have neutral undertones but on me it appeared pretty pink. Its not overly noticeable unless you look up close in like really bright sunlight, but it is still noticeable, which is basically the only reason I would not repurchase. I will finish it because of its great coverage, but I will probably try something else out like the collection concealer or mac pro long wear

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Hands down, the best concealer I have ever used!!! I was on a vacation in Spain last summer and spotted this on a local drug store. First, I was amazed by the color selection since I am super pale (NC10 - almost white) and I'm always having hard time trying to find concealers that are pale enough for my skin. NYX has a shade even for us very pale gals and I picked up this concealer in Porcelain which is the palest shade. I fell in love immediately! :) Seriously, it covers all the redness and pimples and my dark under-eye circles so well that it is as if I never had any flaws in my face! You can use it either under or over your foundation and even make corrections after powdering your face. It does NOT collect into fine lines or grease - it stays all day! Consistency is between a cream and a liquid - not thick enough to be cream, not liquid enough to be liquid. It is a fantastic concealer and even if it cost $15 I would purchase it again and again.. Only minus (very small though) is the fact that there is not very much product in one tube and that's why I seem to go through them very quickly. Not sad though since it's dirty cheap, $5 ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Porcelain from Ulta. I have NC15 skin, which is already pretty pale. I used this concealer under my eyes and it made them almost stark white. Not to mention this stuff creases really bad under the eyes. I'll go back to my MAC Mineralize concealer in NC15. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by jordanm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this but i already LOVE it!! I have the worst dark circles (genetic) and no matter what I try I can't completely cover them, and I've tried a lot! This gives the best coverage when I use it both over and under my foundation. I can say with certainity I'll be straight back to buy more to use on my clients

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This concealer didn't seem to do much at all for me. The lightest color, Porcelain, was way too pink for me. Besides the color it didn't give enough coverage and it creased almost immediately under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by madelyn4426

The price is right and the concealer is crease-free and easy to use. have multiple shades and will continue to buy. nyx really carries some quality stuff for a reasonable price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in both yellow and green correcting shades.

The yellow works alright as a corrector on my purple-ish under-eye circles, I sometimes use it underneath a layer of a more pink-ish concealer, but it does not last very long at all, and the level of coverage could be better. It is very difficult to get it to not cake up after it dries.

I bought the green to help conceal the redness on my cheeks and nose (I have mild rosacea), but it was a little too green. It left my red cheeks looking very ashen and lifeless, and I could still detect some of the green even after blending it in.

I have not tried any of the non-correcting concealer colors yet, but it looks like they have a decent array of shades for both warm and cool undertones. I'll give them a try sometime, but I don't have high hopes for them as a good under-eye concealer, because the correcting shade I already have didn't provide the level of coverage I need for my under-eye circles.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only concealer that I have use that does not crease. I brought this concealer last week and love it. I wish it had a little bit more coverage but I don't have much to cover. This looks so natural under my foundation powder. I gave it 4 lippies because I do not like the applicator.
This concealer cost 4.99 plus tax at ulta. The packaging is a tube with a wand applicator. I got the color nutmeg. Nutmeg matches me perfect. I'm nc50 and I can be nw44 to. Nutmeg matches so well that if I wore this concealer on its own with nothing else....it would be undetectable. I don't get that match with mac or la girl concealer. I didn't sense a smell. I haven't had any breakouts.( ill keep you posted.) The texture is a smooth silky creamy texture. I use primer so maybe that is the reason why it does not crease. But I have noticed concealers creasing and settling into my fine lines even with a primer.But not this concealer. If u can find your color match I think it's worth the try. At its price is a bargin. If it had more coverage I wouldnt mine paying the mac price for this concealer. I hope this helped anyone thank u:)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by paprcups

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Liked the packaging - has a wand that works as an applicator. Managed to find a shade that matched my Asian, reddish skin and concealed blemishes effectively. Blended in well with fingers. HOWEVER - makes me break out. I noticed that any zit I put this on was very much the worse for wear after removing makeup at the end of the day (I hardly wear any makeup and if I do, it's only concealer, so the change was noticeable). Nonetheless, I kept trying, thinking my skin would get used to it. NOPE. (p.s. I was trying to make a switch to this from the Za Perfect Fit concealer, which I've been using for the past 7 years and had no adverse reactions to.)

About a month after not-really-giving-up on this product, I decided to try again... and got a really bad breakout all over my face the day after using this on my T-zone, under my eyes, under my nose. I had some minor pimples, so I dotted on this concealer and blended it in using clean fingers. the next day - BOOM, tiny pimples all over!!! NEVER AGAIN. going in the trash so I don't get tempted.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by dewieanggrainie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

A warning if you want to buy NYX products online: do not trust their color code. I bought this concealer in Glow (CW06), which should be just a shade lighter than Tan (CW07), but it turns out so fair I look like a clown when I use it. The coverage is light to medium, if you have nice skin or use a good foundation, this could work.

And a red light warning if you have under-eye crease and plan to use this concealer there: DON'T DO IT. This concealer crease like hell.

Many people said this thing is great but it's not working on me because it's cakey. At first I thought it was my foundation or powder overuse, but the cakey only happened on parts where I use this concealer. And it happened again even when I've tried combining with other foundation and powder.

Overall, maybe it's a nice product, but it just doesn't work for me :(