October 1, 2014 | 1005 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24h

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by bblank87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

An overpriced high-end version of revlon color stay (minus the staying power). I'm pretty disappointed with this foundation. Not worth the $$. It's very drying. Doesn't last very long (for a foundation that claims to last 24 hours, this starts to fade patchy about 6 -7 hours in). Won't repurchase.

Pros
-perfect shade of ivory
-love the pump bottle

Cons
-drying
-lack of staying power
-Reminds me exactly of colorstay (coverage wise and texture, which is a 1/4 of this price).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by mrsCuevash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the absolute best foundation out there!!! I have tried Estee Lauder (it's ok), MAC (horrible the worst!), Clinique (some are ok, others uggh!), Neutrogena (decent), Maybelline (no), L'oreal (one is ok others yuck!), Sephora, Bare Minerals, Cargo, etc etc etc. NONE give me the FULL coverage (I have a lot of redness) w/out looking cakey or greasy like many I have tried.Face looks airbrushed and flawless! Yes, it's expensive ($48) but it last me ALL year and I wear makeup everyday. One pump is all you need IF you apply with a stippling brush (E.L.F. $3). If you use your fingers or any other applicator you will use a lot more and it just wont look the same. My olive skin is neither warm nor cool but this is a perfect match for me. Ladies you gotta try this! Ask for a sample, buy yourself a stippling brush and you will agree!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So it wasn't love at first sight it took Teint Idole and I about 3 weeks to reach a truce! I found this foundation a bit tricky to work out and was expecting it to be somewhat like ELDW of which it certainly isn't.

I'm NC15 and bought this in the lightest shade: 005 (arm swatch above) and so glad I did as it oxidises and ends up darker as the day goes on. My skin is Normal/Combo and I find I still get shiny in the T-zone with this foundation.

The packaging is great and the pump doesn't dispense ridiculous amounts of product which is good as you really don't need much for coverage. After experimenting the best application method for me was a damp BB. I do use a light powder over the top to set.

My problem with this foundation is it just looked "flat" - until I worked out where I was going wrong, this needs a light-diffusing or illuminating primer underneath to get a healthy skin look going. So I'm happy with it now but it does not have the wow factor for me - I prefer ELDWL over this one so won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

I used this foundation for many years when I had normal skin. I liked it a lot, but after I went through acne treatment my skin became very dry. This foundation looked terrible on dry skin. I contribute this foundation to the decline in my skin prior to acne treatment.

The third ingredient is ALCOHOL. Alcohol should never been applied to the skin. It breaks down the skin's barrier—destroying the very substances that keep your skin healthy over the long term. Majority of acne suffers have an impaired skin barrier (acid mantle). The reason alcohol is added to this foundation is because it evaporates quickly (causing the matte finish). It seems reasonable to think that the damage will not be so severe, considering the alcohol evaporates so quickly. Wrong. Unfortunately, research reveals that this logic is only wishful thinking. Alcohol immediately harms the skin and starts a chain reaction of damage that continues long after it has evaporated.

AVOID this foundation and please check ingredients on all the products you use. Alcohol denat, is harmful to the skin.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by KaelMacmahon

When I first purchased this product, I was amazed - however, the only reason I was amazed with this product was because it was the first High End foundation I had ever bought and the first foundation I had ever bought that came in my shade.

First of all, the foundation is a liquid - as you probably already know. It was easy to apply and but personally, it felt heavy on my skin. I wear my foundation heavy to create a high coverage anyway but this foundation felt a lot more cakey on my skin than other foundations I've used. Normally, I find foundations dry to fast and I don't have time to buff and work them into my skin, but this foundation took far too long to dry and 10mins after putting it on I would by mistake touch my face with my white school shirt and it would print (and stain!!!.) That disappointed me as it was supposed to not transfer.

The packaging is off horrific quality. It has an absolutely stunning bottle and lid, with beautiful writing on the front - however I had this foundation 3 weeks and then it smashed in my school bag. I know you may think that it would, if I'm not careful with my bag but my Mac Studio Fix Fluid is in a glass bottle and it has never smashed before and I've been using it for a year.

It also does not last 24hrs.

And it also oxidizes, badly.

Revisit -

I rebought this and I'm in love, it works better with my skin now that it's in better condition.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I was fortunate to swap for a sample of this in #140 Ivoire. I only wear long wearing foundations (and occasionally CC creams but the ones I wear are long wearing too). For me to love a foundation, it MUST cover all my redness and melasma (now both are slight by most folks' standards, but I HATE HATE either of these showing through).

For reference, I'm (bear w/ me): MAC = NC15;EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light;Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory;Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff;Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude;EL Double Wear = Desert Beige;Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair.

#140 Ivoire is a perfect match for my skintone. IMO, this is a medium/medium-full coverage meaning I have to put 2 layers over my redness for it to be completely invisible. I prefer something that doesn't require multiple layers. It is comfortable to wear, but it doesn't last all day on me = I need to apply powder to my nose mid-day. My EL DW and Rimmel 25 hour do not require powdering = I would not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

I really thought I was going to like this foundation, but overall I found it to be a little lackluster. It doesn't really seem to last as long as it says and it gives a good coverage but the finish is nothing to rave about. Reminds me of normal/dry Revlon Colorstay. I'm not really upset that I bought this product and I do continue to use it once in a while, but I wouldn't reach for this first and I definitely wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by meghanerin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this foundation. My skin is really bizarre - sensitive, oily some days and dry others.. I've tried tons of other typical favorites from MUF, Nars, Bobbi Brown, Tarte ect, and nothing can compare to this one. I just bought my fourth bottle after a letdown from my last Bobbi Brown purchase.. Ivorie 100N is the best color match I've ever found for my pale irish skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by MakeupLoverML

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I have an oily face (very oily) and the alcohol within it helps my face stay matte all day. I ran out of foundation and bought 2 different colors so i can mix them together to get the right skin tone. Unfortunately, they don't have my tone so I bought a neutral and warm foundation, because i find that their warm colors too yellow for my skin and their neutrals a bit on a pinkish side. It is very expensive but in my perspective it is worth the money. My reasons are it hides my Fractal Laser Skin Discolorations perfectly, keeps me matte, does not break me out, and it gives me an airbrushed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynzigzag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LADIES!!! If you havnt tried this foundation you are crazy!!!! It's the best foundation of all time I swear on my life. Long wear , fragrance free, powder/ matte finish, super blendable and my list goes on. Seriously though I have been using this since it launched and I will never switch, I am allergic to everything usually and this is my HG!!! Try try try!!!!