MAC Scene Eyeshadow

4.1

on 2/16/2010 3:05:00 AM

I LOVE the color of this shadow, but I guess I'm one of the few who had great difficulty building this up. It was almost cheap like, maybe I got a bad batch because the tester at the store was soft, but the new one I received was hard and didn't stick to the eyelid well even with primer. But OMG it made my green eyes look so pretty with a little bit of black eyeliner. That's the only reason I love it, one of the prettiest colors I've tried on my eyes in a long time.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Wowsy, this colour is described by MAC as muted blue-grey (Satin). When I looked at it in the pan I thought there is something about this colour, let me try it out. I did a swatch and purchased it straight away. I apply this colour on my eyelid and it's such a chique, sophisticated colour and look. I blend a little bit of Print or Cork in the crease for a natural effect and line upper lash with black eye shadow, that's it. My eyes then look stunning, it really brings out the brown in my dark brown eyes, beautiful! I think this would look nice with blue eyes as well. Because it's a Satin it goes on effortlessly. I must say I always use UDPP before I put on any eye shadow which makes my look stay put all day long. All in all I'm extremely pleased with Scene and totally recommend it!

on 1/17/2010 8:54:00 PM

Great shade for the eyelids.I was hestitant to use for an eyelid shade,but it came out nice & not too overpowering.I haven't tried it for a crease color yet,but will have to try it soon ^_^

on 1/17/2010 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Scene is the perfect dusky grey with plummy undertones. I love the smokey eye look and wanted to make it more dimensional. I usually just use white and black eyeshadows to create the look, but after seeing some tutorials on YouTube I just had to purchase something dark grey. I've heard good things about Scene, so I bought it. It's a satin-y texture. On the eyes it's easy to work with. However, I wouldn't say this is a must-have nor will I contribute any unnecessary hype. You can find many grey eyeshadows out there that works for you, and like all MAC products, eyeshadows are pricey so don't shell out money for this unless you want to.

on 1/14/2010 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

No shimmers in this dusky deeper gray. It's really nice but not the shade for me. I don't reach for this much, but it is a great shade. It can be muted down or intensified. Good for a smoky eye with darker colors.

This is a great basic medium grey color. I wouldn't say it's a must have, but it is a nice color. I like to wear this during the daytime w/ black liner. It gives me a really polished look and gives my eyes definition w/o making it look like i'm wearing alot of makeup. This can easily be transformed into nighttime makeup as well. My only complaint is that this color is not very pigmented and is a bit hard to blend. It also fades faster on me than other MAC shadows. But, a really good foolproof daytime smokey shade!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I thought I would love this color, but I don't find myself using it as much as I thought. It's a great standard grey, perhaps a tad darker. I use it mostly to fill in my brows, or line my lower lash line. I find that it doesn't blend that well and tends to wear off before my other MAC shadows. Perhaps it's just the formula. I do incorporate this into a smokey eye every now and then when I want a more matted look than what Satin Taupe can offer. Probably won't be repurchasing, because I don't use it enough to run out anytime soon.

on 12/10/2009 9:39:00 AM

I think this has just dethroned Copperplate as my favourite MAC shadow. This is the perfect, blue-toned matte mid-grey that you will never ever find among the green-tinged drugstore charcoals bursting with chunky glitter.

Scene is incredibly versatile, I use it for both daytime and going out. For the day I apply this as a light wash all over my lid and under my lower lashline, line the outer third of my eyes with black liquid and apply some mascara - very sophisticated soft smoky look there. Scene goes very well with all sorts of base colours, I've paired this with neutral, pink and beige based highlight colours and it never clashes with any of them.

It's also a gorgeous base for an evening smokey eye. I use it as a wash on my lid and in my crease, then I apply matte black shadow (think Carbon, Typographic or Barry M in Black) on my upper and lower lashline and blend it into Scene. If I do a full black smokey eye, I use Scene to blend out the edges of the black and add a lighter tone on top of my lids.

I don't find Scene hard to blend at all. I love that it goes on matte. It's much more understated for the day and it doesn't react to camera flash in the evening like shimmery shadows would do. I think the colour would be universally flattering on all eye colours, but the blue in it brings out the brown in my eyes so nicely. It also goes well with all skin colours. It gives a gorgeous smoky look on my NC25 skin but I've seen it on dark skintones and it gives an amazing contrast to them.

Scene is an essential colour, every girl should have it. It creates a very modern and sophisticated look in no time and the quality is excellent.

on 11/27/2009 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have not had this long but it is fab for long
lasting day makeup. I wanted a colour to flatter my pale olive skin and mid brown eyes but that was not in your face.
It lasts well and seems high in pigment content. It is
matt and looks very natural. I wear with a black powder
eyeliner by LG and mascara. Soft, natural, flattering
and effective.

on 11/22/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Like this one a lot...Happy with the pigmentation and gives you an understated smokey look. The shade is a gray with bluish undertone as another had mentioned, which is an interesting color in itself without being too obvious. I have dark brown eyes and it compliments them. Def one of my fave MAC shades!

Top Rated MAC Products