April 17, 2014 | 1596 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Scene Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Great shade for the eyelids.I was hestitant to use for an eyelid shade,but it came out nice & not too overpowering.I haven't tried it for a crease color yet,but will have to try it soon ^_^

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Scene is the perfect dusky grey with plummy undertones. I love the smokey eye look and wanted to make it more dimensional. I usually just use white and black eyeshadows to create the look, but after seeing some tutorials on YouTube I just had to purchase something dark grey. I've heard good things about Scene, so I bought it. It's a satin-y texture. On the eyes it's easy to work with. However, I wouldn't say this is a must-have nor will I contribute any unnecessary hype. You can find many grey eyeshadows out there that works for you, and like all MAC products, eyeshadows are pricey so don't shell out money for this unless you want to.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

No shimmers in this dusky deeper gray. It's really nice but not the shade for me. I don't reach for this much, but it is a great shade. It can be muted down or intensified. Good for a smoky eye with darker colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedippedstrawberri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great basic medium grey color. I wouldn't say it's a must have, but it is a nice color. I like to wear this during the daytime w/ black liner. It gives me a really polished look and gives my eyes definition w/o making it look like i'm wearing alot of makeup. This can easily be transformed into nighttime makeup as well. My only complaint is that this color is not very pigmented and is a bit hard to blend. It also fades faster on me than other MAC shadows. But, a really good foolproof daytime smokey shade!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I would love this color, but I don't find myself using it as much as I thought. It's a great standard grey, perhaps a tad darker. I use it mostly to fill in my brows, or line my lower lash line. I find that it doesn't blend that well and tends to wear off before my other MAC shadows. Perhaps it's just the formula. I do incorporate this into a smokey eye every now and then when I want a more matted look than what Satin Taupe can offer. Probably won't be repurchasing, because I don't use it enough to run out anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this has just dethroned Copperplate as my favourite MAC shadow. This is the perfect, blue-toned matte mid-grey that you will never ever find among the green-tinged drugstore charcoals bursting with chunky glitter.

Scene is incredibly versatile, I use it for both daytime and going out. For the day I apply this as a light wash all over my lid and under my lower lashline, line the outer third of my eyes with black liquid and apply some mascara - very sophisticated soft smoky look there. Scene goes very well with all sorts of base colours, I've paired this with neutral, pink and beige based highlight colours and it never clashes with any of them.

It's also a gorgeous base for an evening smokey eye. I use it as a wash on my lid and in my crease, then I apply matte black shadow (think Carbon, Typographic or Barry M in Black) on my upper and lower lashline and blend it into Scene. If I do a full black smokey eye, I use Scene to blend out the edges of the black and add a lighter tone on top of my lids.

I don't find Scene hard to blend at all. I love that it goes on matte. It's much more understated for the day and it doesn't react to camera flash in the evening like shimmery shadows would do. I think the colour would be universally flattering on all eye colours, but the blue in it brings out the brown in my eyes so nicely. It also goes well with all skin colours. It gives a gorgeous smoky look on my NC25 skin but I've seen it on dark skintones and it gives an amazing contrast to them.

Scene is an essential colour, every girl should have it. It creates a very modern and sophisticated look in no time and the quality is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have not had this long but it is fab for long
lasting day makeup. I wanted a colour to flatter my pale olive skin and mid brown eyes but that was not in your face.
It lasts well and seems high in pigment content. It is
matt and looks very natural. I wear with a black powder
eyeliner by LG and mascara. Soft, natural, flattering
and effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Like this one a lot...Happy with the pigmentation and gives you an understated smokey look. The shade is a gray with bluish undertone as another had mentioned, which is an interesting color in itself without being too obvious. I have dark brown eyes and it compliments them. Def one of my fave MAC shades!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Scene is a nice Satin shade of gray with a hint of blue. It's perfect for a day time smokey look. I did not have any issues blending the e/s.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Sonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

as a lot of reviewers have mentioned this is a pretty shade that isnt very blendable..

i bought this thinking it would be perfect for smoky eye look..and grey es looks great on every one...it really didnt show up on my skin as i had expected..

so this is what i did:

i used mac blackground paint pot as base and then applied scene. wallah! it looked great...this paintpost and es would be the simplest of items needed to create a day time smoky eye look