NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.1

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 2/16/2014 11:10:00 AM

I bought this because it was on sale and figured I would give it a try. I bought the stay matte but not flat foundation to go with it as well. I think both are WONDERFUL. They make my skin look super smooth, and this stuff lasts during my 7 hour work day!

on 1/17/2014 5:12:00 PM

I wanted to love this product sooo bad, but unfortunately I ended up really really NOT liking this...I purchased in Nude for my NC20-25 skin. The coverage was weak and even though I purchased Nude which is the second to the lightest shade....my face ended up looking muddy and dull!!! I put the rest of my makeup on thinking I just had to put my full face on for the full effect.....WRONG.....I couldn't stand it so much I took it off and put my old foundation on.

I used Mac Studio Fix for years but once my dermatologist told me to stop because the ingredients were not good for acne prone skin I switched to Neutrogena mineral powder foundation. I liked that but still was not totally satisfied. I don't like the bismuth in other mineral foundations either so a good powder foundation is hard to find. I switched to Almay Clear Complextion liquid foundation in Sand, which is a perfect shade for gals with golden undertones. I top off with the Almay Clear Complextion powder in light. I will stay with that combo for my liquid foundation routine....and the search continues for my HG powder foundation :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Where have you been all my life!? Talc free and absorbs oil and best of all doesn't break me out at all! I've used so many different powders and after using this one I will NEVER use any other again! It's a super good price too it's only $10 but with my $3.50 off $10 or more transaction I only pay about $7 with tax so that's a plus! Ulta always has this coupon up in their site so use it if your purchasing there! I but the color "natural" which is a light golden color which is great for those like myself with neutral and golden undertones. It has no sparkle or glitter so it definitely is matte. It makes my skin look nice and "glowing" so it lives to to its name "stay matte not flat" which is great. The size of the powder is a good amount for the money paid for it but for some reason I find my self buying a new one every week and half so I'm not sure if it runs out that quick or I just use that much but i don't mind because its great! This is my HG powder.

on 12/10/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Update: 19/2/14 - I no longer use this powder. I found after using it for awhile that it became very cakey. I couldn't reapply it without it moving my foundation around. This powder also hits pan very quickly so isn't good value for money.

I have tried on and off to use this because i wanted to like it but unfortunately I don't find this a very nice powder

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is a great product, especially for mornings when I need to slap my makeup on as fast as possible, or when I just can't be bothered. I'll apply primer, concealer and this, and it gives medium coverage - it doesn't cover up everything, but that's not my goal on a daily basis.

It can be built up to heavier coverage, but it will usually end up looking cakey, and since it is ever so slightly shimmer (VERY subtle) it can emphasis pores. As many reviewers have mentioned, for a full-coverage look this makes a great setting powder.

My only real complaint is the amount of product you get for the money. I paid $13.99 CAD for this, and after a month I have already significantly hit pan. Granted, I have been using it as a foundation almost every day, but with foundations of whatever formula (powder, liquid etc) I usually expect at least 3 months... and this rate I won't get that out of it. Of course, this is still cheaper than a high-end powder would be, but I almost never buy high-end makeup. It is also probably quite a bit cheaper in the States.

on 12/6/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i have a pretty oily face, so when i saw this product at my local Ulta i decided to give it a try. i dont need much coverage, so this worked perfect as a foundation for me...about a month into using the product...i noticed my face was completely broken out. i havent gotten pimples on my forehead since hs, and im 25. behold, broken out forehead. i noticed my cheeks are extremely broken out, and i'm beginning to wonder if its because im using NYX blush . regardless, if your skin can handle this product, i'd say go for it. unfortunately, won't be purchasing again.

on 12/3/2013 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this works so great as a setting powder. it doesnt feel cakey and it gives a good matte finish. I usually use this after foundie/moisturizer. alone, it doesnt seem to last. however I never really like applying powder to a bare skin so I love this product!!!! been using this for 2 years now ;)

on 11/3/2013 7:48:00 PM

I think this foundation has great coverage and stays on all day. I like the fact that the sponge fits in the compact underneath. The price is good but the product seems to go fast, so that's probably why it's not very expensive. But overall a good product.

on 11/3/2013 1:07:00 PM

This product is not what I expected. Only reason for not 4 stars is because it is advertised as a FOUNDATION and not a setting powder. Worked wonderfully as a setting powder over bb cream, but not alone. Desperately needs something to stick to besides skin. However, between the BB cream and this powder I noticed and END to my break outs. Now, I think this is 99% because of the BB cream I use (covergirl) but, I'm positive the powder helped as well.

on 11/1/2013 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love this product! It's so light and sets foundation beautifully without making it look cakey, I'm honestly surprised. I never thought that I would part from my precious MAC skin finish natural setting powder, but this stuff by NYX is even better. I use it to set my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and it creates the most flawless canvas that I've ever had, but when I'm lazy I just put this on my naked skin and leave the house. I do need to touch up sometimes during the day as my skin gets quite oily, but I just brush a little bit on and I'm matte for the rest of the day. Definitely my HG powder, I'm in love.