December 17, 2014 | 1684 users online

Powder - NYX - Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this powder to replace the Sephora brand powder I was using (they resdesigned the package and it sucks). I really like the NYX powder, it does everything the Sephora did at about a third of the price. It blends well and isnt very cakey. The downside is the despite what NYX claims you cant apply it wet. It just doesnt work. Also, it wont last for hours upon hours and eventually, will settle into your pores and wrinkles. Plus side? A quick touch up of the powder and no one would notice. Good product at a good price. Nothing miraculous though. Will continue to use until I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This always happens, I buy something randomly then go home and read reviews and it ends up having bad reviews, and I use it anyway.....

When I first put it on, I noticed it was nothing special, especially for the price. About two weeks later I wake up to an extremely broken out face. I had about 5 pimples. So, I stopped using this foundation for a week and my face healed up quickly. For some reason I decided to try it out again..... The same thing happened to my face. I would not recommend this at all. Even before it broke out my face, it really wasn't that great for the almost 13 dollars I paid for it. Next time I will read reviews before I buy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The coverage in this powder is too light and sheer to be a foundation powder - unless you have really good skin. I tried applying it with a dry sponge, wet sponge, and kabuki brush. Each time the coverage wasn't enough to cover my redness or blemishes.

It has a nice matte finish, but the powder didn't last long on my skin. Within a few hours, all that was left on my face was my under eye concealer which is a little too light for me anyway...so it was not a cute look!

I'll use this up as a finishing powder for a BB cream that's too sheer or something, but I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Catsmeow2324

This is pretty good. It gives light coverage and doesn't look Cakey. The only downside is the packaging. It's very bulky and I don't get any use out of the sponge

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this to actually use as a powder foundation, but it doesn't give enough coverage for that, so I use this as a setting powder. However, using a small brush to apply this over concealer on blemishes or acne scars works as an extra layer of coverage, because you apply it so precisely and more heavily. It's very soft and easy to work with. It does keep my skin matte for about 4 or more hours, depending on the season and how my skin is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

A new Ulta store just recently opened in Nashville and I was ecstatic to find NYX products because I haven't been able to find them anywhere here. I was just about to buy a powder foundation from LORAC and when I saw this from NYX I thought I would try it and omg . . . love it! The packaging is very similar to LORAC and the texture is finely milled and goes on smooth for a gorgeous matte finish. Just as it says, it is "matte but not flat". I was surprised at some of the low ratings for this product and totally agree with the previous reviewer that this is an awesome foundation powder. This could very well be an excellent LORAC dupe for a fraction of the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Mezalez

It only lasts for approx. a little bit more than an hour and it doesn't even make such a big difference. You can probably just use blotting paper and it gives the same results :/ In the end, switched back to L'oreal. Now that stuff is Amazing!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

This doesn't serve as a powder foundation, but works well to layer over liquid foundation for additional coverage; or, in my case, to provide a good dose of yellow because my liquid foundation isn't yellow enough. I buff it on with my EM long-handled kabuki brush. When I do so on a bare face it doesn't stay on at all. It's too powdery. But when I buff it on top of foundation, it's like it has something to stick to, and provides a good layer of additional coverage. And then I don't set it at all. And, as I said, it's a great dose of yellow to put on top of my EltaMD and NYX HD, which are slightly too beige for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

(I have the straight pressed powder one, the picture shows cream to powder) I actually like it. Not expensive, it stays on decently, doesn't turn a funny color on me, doesn't break me out, which is huge. It's not the best coverage or the most amazing product, but considering all the halfway decent reviews some very expensive competitors got, I went for cheaper and so far it's ok. Still going to look for a permanent better one, and might not actually re purchase this, but it's not as bad as it seems from all the reviews on here. It does feel silkier in the 'tester' pot, I wonder if that's from all our greasy hands -_- ew

Update: I have been extremely vigilant about writing down everything I use on my face to find out what causes bumps, but I left out makeup. I'm realizing now that this could be one of them (I react easily, so it's not as simple as one thing). Even so, it was kinda flat. It could be because it's hard to get my shade right, light but warm. Too cool and I look dead. I'm returning it. It had OK staying power, but I like my L'Oreal powder foundation more anyway, in shade matching, feel and quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by jijijonggg