July 25, 2014 | 1933 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow New Look Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample with a shed load of other dior purchases. I was really skeptical at first given the tiny brush but I have to say it worked perfectly for me. It picked up all my lashes even the small ones right at the edges and made them look full, long and voluminous without being clumpy or too thick. Lasts well and feels soft - I really hate mascara that makes my eyelashes feel hard or brittle but this wasn't like that at all. I think maybe the small brush doesn't work for everyone so it's probably worth trying to pick up a sample side or going to a counter and having them try it on you first - but for me it was perfect!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I love the little brush because this works great on asian eyes with sparse lashes. The bristles coat all the tiny hairs at the corner of my eyes and the formula seems to be wetter than the regular DiorShow, which I find to be dry (or perhaps its the brush design that makes the formula seem wetter since this is a plastic brush instead of the traditional kind). The regular DiorShow dries out so fast and at $35 CAD a tube, it is painful to throw out every couple of months not from frequency of use but because the tube has dried out.

I gave this 3 lippies because I like the small brush and wet formula (price aside) but I only like this as a lengthening and separating mascara. This absolutely does nothing for volumizing at all, unless you put 4 coats on but who has time for that? Considering the expensive price of this mascara and the fact that this does not volumize at all, I can see why this has such a low rating. I use this only as a primer mascara. If you are looking for a similar and cheaper alternative to this, I would recommend New York Color's High Definition Volumizing Mascara. This is a similar brush design with very similar results for $4. I do enjoy using this but due to the high price, I will not repurchase and will stick to drugstore mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never like the legendary Diorshow Mascara. So I heard this is the same formula. They just make a smaller wand so it's easier to use. Well, that is true.
This mascara is not worth the money. It does not keep the curve, does not lift up your lashes, and it takes forever to dry. 2 hours later it starts smudging.
I like the volume it gives but I don't want to spend all day worrying about the smudging.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by nemesis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara was a huge disappointment. Normally I adore Dior mascaras but this one...I have long lashes and as they are quite fair I like to use mascaras that add even more lenght and volume. This mascara is too wet and as many others statet before, it clumps my lashes together and serves for no good. It is almost impossible to remove it because of the quantity that is put on due to the too tiny brush. I almost cry when lashes fall out because I have too rinse too much with the make up remover. I'm using it for 3 months now and after a while I noticed that if it comes into my eye (water, tears), my eyes are hurting (I never experienced that with other mascaras of the same range in price or mark). I quess the thing works with short lashes better, but I don't reccomend it for long lashes. A plus would also be that it stays on more than 12 hrs, but that does not justify the work put in applying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara was a bit of a disappointment. I find it very spiky looking and unnatural. I always apply too much mascara even though I scrape off the edges of the brush before applying. And as a result it goes on very wet and lashes get stuck together. Even when it's applied nicely I have spiky spider lashes. Not good! You need to be very careful with how you apply this and the best results are still not that good so overall not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This weird little mascara was such a dissapointment. The brush is really tiny and doesn't do much of anything for me. It's also extremely flimsy and can't even stand up to my puny lashes. With a bigger brush, such as the original DiorShow mascara, I can coax my lashes to fan up and out but with this puny brush, I got no volume and the heavy wet formula weighed my lashes down and turned them hard and spiky. I can't believe Dior turned out such an awful mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Suze8

Great mascara initially. I loved it. Perfect over other mascara; held curl and lasted all day - looked like I just put it on after working 12 hours and going out. But after one week, my eyes were red and itchy so I stopped using it and tried again a week later- with same reaction. I love it and wish they would remove whatever is causing this reaction, but cannot use as is. Would definitely rate 5 otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by shannbronzo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample using my Sephora points. I LOVE this mascara.....for the lengthening effect it has. I have great lashes and use Voluminous religiously. But voluminous doesn't have the lengthening impact I want. I used the New Look alone and really liked it....then the next day I layered my Voluminous over it and holy cow......my lashes looked AMAZING!!! The tiny brush gets every single lash. My issue though is the price! Who can really afford to spend $28 on mascara???

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This reminds me a little of Fairydrops mascara in that they both give my lashes that gel-coated, springy type of texture that feels almost rubbery to the touch. Similar shiny, wet appearance too. I like that this type of formula doesn't flake and seems to hold a curl pretty well. But Fairydrops has fibers and thus builds length, which for me makes it a mascara to use on its own. The Diorshow New Look doesn't add volume or length and looks lackluster by itself. I knew when I purchased it that it was meant to be as an accompaniment to another mascara but the formula doesn't seem to work well with the other mascaras I wear on a daily basis.

It dries fast and isn't buildable. The thick, heavy consistency pulls the curl right out if it isn't applied with a light layer though it coats thickly and tends to cluster my lashes together regardless. It adds clumps to the ends of my lashes if I do try and layer it at all, which I did experiment with when I was trying to figure out if I liked it or not. I tried wearing it a few different ways, adding it with my Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Stretch, Diorshow Blackout, and YSL Faux Cils and it didn't add anything other than another few minutes of effort. My lashes looked the same with or without the New Look mascara. I do like the tiny, tapered rubber brush because it does get to the very base of my lashline, which is harder to do with more traditional brushes. The color is rich and deep too. The packaging is massive for such a small wand, not a big deal but I picture something like this being in a more slender tube with a cap that's less bulky. Something that looks more natural with that minuscule brush.

I tend to like something more from my mascaras, whether it's a ton of length or volume, and since this didn't offer anything extra on its own or with a separate mascara it's not something I'd buy again. I can see this being great if I had naturally thick, lush lashes that didn't require much. My pin straight, light brown, thick-challenged lashes need more of a boost.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by amberdawn20

I normally love Dior products but not this one! Like the another reviewer I though I was buying Diorshow and accidentally bought this. BIG MISTAKE! It make my lashes look weirdly wet. ?!?! Like kinda stuck together and shiny. Not a good look.