April 21, 2014 | 1910 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow New Look Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara was a bit of a disappointment. I find it very spiky looking and unnatural. I always apply too much mascara even though I scrape off the edges of the brush before applying. And as a result it goes on very wet and lashes get stuck together. Even when it's applied nicely I have spiky spider lashes. Not good! You need to be very careful with how you apply this and the best results are still not that good so overall not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This weird little mascara was such a dissapointment. The brush is really tiny and doesn't do much of anything for me. It's also extremely flimsy and can't even stand up to my puny lashes. With a bigger brush, such as the original DiorShow mascara, I can coax my lashes to fan up and out but with this puny brush, I got no volume and the heavy wet formula weighed my lashes down and turned them hard and spiky. I can't believe Dior turned out such an awful mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Suze8

Great mascara initially. I loved it. Perfect over other mascara; held curl and lasted all day - looked like I just put it on after working 12 hours and going out. But after one week, my eyes were red and itchy so I stopped using it and tried again a week later- with same reaction. I love it and wish they would remove whatever is causing this reaction, but cannot use as is. Would definitely rate 5 otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by shannbronzo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample using my Sephora points. I LOVE this mascara.....for the lengthening effect it has. I have great lashes and use Voluminous religiously. But voluminous doesn't have the lengthening impact I want. I used the New Look alone and really liked it....then the next day I layered my Voluminous over it and holy cow......my lashes looked AMAZING!!! The tiny brush gets every single lash. My issue though is the price! Who can really afford to spend $28 on mascara???

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This reminds me a little of Fairydrops mascara in that they both give my lashes that gel-coated, springy type of texture that feels almost rubbery to the touch. Similar shiny, wet appearance too. I like that this type of formula doesn't flake and seems to hold a curl pretty well. But Fairydrops has fibers and thus builds length, which for me makes it a mascara to use on its own. The Diorshow New Look doesn't add volume or length and looks lackluster by itself. I knew when I purchased it that it was meant to be as an accompaniment to another mascara but the formula doesn't seem to work well with the other mascaras I wear on a daily basis.

It dries fast and isn't buildable. The thick, heavy consistency pulls the curl right out if it isn't applied with a light layer though it coats thickly and tends to cluster my lashes together regardless. It adds clumps to the ends of my lashes if I do try and layer it at all, which I did experiment with when I was trying to figure out if I liked it or not. I tried wearing it a few different ways, adding it with my Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Stretch, Diorshow Blackout, and YSL Faux Cils and it didn't add anything other than another few minutes of effort. My lashes looked the same with or without the New Look mascara. I do like the tiny, tapered rubber brush because it does get to the very base of my lashline, which is harder to do with more traditional brushes. The color is rich and deep too. The packaging is massive for such a small wand, not a big deal but I picture something like this being in a more slender tube with a cap that's less bulky. Something that looks more natural with that minuscule brush.

I tend to like something more from my mascaras, whether it's a ton of length or volume, and since this didn't offer anything extra on its own or with a separate mascara it's not something I'd buy again. I can see this being great if I had naturally thick, lush lashes that didn't require much. My pin straight, light brown, thick-challenged lashes need more of a boost.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by amberdawn20

I normally love Dior products but not this one! Like the another reviewer I though I was buying Diorshow and accidentally bought this. BIG MISTAKE! It make my lashes look weirdly wet. ?!?! Like kinda stuck together and shiny. Not a good look.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by RawCreoleGoddess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a mini sample at Sephora and LOVED IT. Since my lashes are long and thickish I never found a mascara that excited me unil this one. It made my lashes prettier and glossy. I ran and bought a full size.

For me, I love it.
**** updated *****
I had to downgrade my review after I wore it and it smeared all over my face. The initial look is pretty tho.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by valeriem121

I bought this on accident. I meant to get the regular Dior Show with the big mascara wand. I hate plastic wands but I gave it a shot anyways and I have to say this is THE WORST mascara I have ever tried. Any drugstore brand is better than this. I'm returning this mascara asap!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by chrissie8809

Ugh. I really wanted to like this but its just not happening for me!

I love the small, hard bristled brush...it gets even the teeniest lashes coated...but the formula annoys me so much. It doesn't matter what i do, how many coats, using a lash comb, wiping the brush...whatever...its so CLUMPY !!!
all my lashes end up sticking together, making it look like i have about 5 in total :-(
seems like it never really sets or dries properly...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on a search for my HG mascara for my short and straight asian lashes and I received this one as a sample. I didn't experience any flaking or smudging. My lashes appeared thicker and this did not irritate my sensitive eyes. I loved it but the price is ridiculous.