October 26, 2014 | 1572 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow New Look Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing I like about this mascara is the packaging. The product inside is crap. This mascara clumps and smears on my face throught the day. It does not lengthen or add volume, I liked the Benefit mascara better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by floeyg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although I'm a fan of Diorshow mascaras, this mascara was a big disappointment. The first coat goes on okay but does not give much of an effect and the second coat just results in the lashes sticking together and becoming clumpy. It also did not stay put on my lashes and rubbed off on the surrounding skin - not a good look. Would not buy this one again, there's much better mascaras out there for less than half the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by shoeaddict666

I hate this masacara! takes a lot for me to hate something but i was thoroughly disappointed. Really expensive and 2nd time i used it the rubber tube at the top which wipes the brush when it comes out, came out so the contents of the mascara glooped everywhere, prob lost half of the contents. that's why i said low quality. that's never happened with cheaper brands. the little plastic bristles on the brush are not long enough to do their job, in face the brush is pretty useless. The mascara itself doesn't thicken or elongate, just makes them really black but also gloopy and sticks my eyelashes together a lot so it gives them a spidery effect which i really don't like. end up using a needle to separate my lashes out. i've tried using it many times to give it a chance but would never buy this again. every time i apply it i end up using a different mascara with a better brush to separate my lashes and finish it off properly. it's too expensive a product for this to be necessary. please don't waste your money. i get a much better result both in thickness and separation from l'oreal million dollar lashes, rimmel (orange packaging) or maybelline. the only good thing about it is that it doesn't spread tiny black blobs when it gets dry. that's the only positive! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample with a shed load of other dior purchases. I was really skeptical at first given the tiny brush but I have to say it worked perfectly for me. It picked up all my lashes even the small ones right at the edges and made them look full, long and voluminous without being clumpy or too thick. Lasts well and feels soft - I really hate mascara that makes my eyelashes feel hard or brittle but this wasn't like that at all. I think maybe the small brush doesn't work for everyone so it's probably worth trying to pick up a sample side or going to a counter and having them try it on you first - but for me it was perfect!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I love the little brush because this works great on asian eyes with sparse lashes. The bristles coat all the tiny hairs at the corner of my eyes and the formula seems to be wetter than the regular DiorShow, which I find to be dry (or perhaps its the brush design that makes the formula seem wetter since this is a plastic brush instead of the traditional kind). The regular DiorShow dries out so fast and at $35 CAD a tube, it is painful to throw out every couple of months not from frequency of use but because the tube has dried out.

I gave this 3 lippies because I like the small brush and wet formula (price aside) but I only like this as a lengthening and separating mascara. This absolutely does nothing for volumizing at all, unless you put 4 coats on but who has time for that? Considering the expensive price of this mascara and the fact that this does not volumize at all, I can see why this has such a low rating. I use this only as a primer mascara. If you are looking for a similar and cheaper alternative to this, I would recommend New York Color's High Definition Volumizing Mascara. This is a similar brush design with very similar results for $4. I do enjoy using this but due to the high price, I will not repurchase and will stick to drugstore mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never like the legendary Diorshow Mascara. So I heard this is the same formula. They just make a smaller wand so it's easier to use. Well, that is true.
This mascara is not worth the money. It does not keep the curve, does not lift up your lashes, and it takes forever to dry. 2 hours later it starts smudging.
I like the volume it gives but I don't want to spend all day worrying about the smudging.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by nemesis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara was a huge disappointment. Normally I adore Dior mascaras but this one...I have long lashes and as they are quite fair I like to use mascaras that add even more lenght and volume. This mascara is too wet and as many others statet before, it clumps my lashes together and serves for no good. It is almost impossible to remove it because of the quantity that is put on due to the too tiny brush. I almost cry when lashes fall out because I have too rinse too much with the make up remover. I'm using it for 3 months now and after a while I noticed that if it comes into my eye (water, tears), my eyes are hurting (I never experienced that with other mascaras of the same range in price or mark). I quess the thing works with short lashes better, but I don't reccomend it for long lashes. A plus would also be that it stays on more than 12 hrs, but that does not justify the work put in applying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara was a bit of a disappointment. I find it very spiky looking and unnatural. I always apply too much mascara even though I scrape off the edges of the brush before applying. And as a result it goes on very wet and lashes get stuck together. Even when it's applied nicely I have spiky spider lashes. Not good! You need to be very careful with how you apply this and the best results are still not that good so overall not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This weird little mascara was such a dissapointment. The brush is really tiny and doesn't do much of anything for me. It's also extremely flimsy and can't even stand up to my puny lashes. With a bigger brush, such as the original DiorShow mascara, I can coax my lashes to fan up and out but with this puny brush, I got no volume and the heavy wet formula weighed my lashes down and turned them hard and spiky. I can't believe Dior turned out such an awful mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Suze8

Great mascara initially. I loved it. Perfect over other mascara; held curl and lasted all day - looked like I just put it on after working 12 hours and going out. But after one week, my eyes were red and itchy so I stopped using it and tried again a week later- with same reaction. I love it and wish they would remove whatever is causing this reaction, but cannot use as is. Would definitely rate 5 otherwise.