NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

4.1

on 4/12/2015 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this as a result of searching for a tinted moisturiser to use instead of a full-coverage foundation as I do have pretty good skin and do not need a full coverage foundation. i saw NikkieTutorials on Youtube do a review on this and she highly recommended it.

It comes in a squeezy tube that is 50mls (which I like, as its 20mLs more than your regular foundation) in typical NARS rubberized, matte packaging. Applying this to my face was so good, especially with a brush. The coverage is excellent for a tinted moisturiser with a pleasant scent. It feels very moisturising which is great considering I am on the drier side. It is very buildable which is also a plus! Has really good staying power and once set with a powder, leaves a nice dewy finish to the skin. Sometimes need to touch up with a powder depending on how humid the day is.

I love this product so much and will definitely repurchase - my HG foundation/tinted moisturiser!!!

on 4/11/2015 10:28:00 AM

This product has made my skin erupt into cystic acne so I had to return it. It also oxidized and turned me into an oil slick within a few hours after application. Powder application didn`t help much with shine control either. The good points: beautiful sheer to medium coverage (at least initially), can be built up, easy to blend with fingers, unscented, high SPF (30).

on 4/9/2015 1:39:00 PM

I love this tinted moisturizer. Light to medium coverage. Suitable for all skin types especially for combo skin. It will oxidize a bit after 4 hours, but it's still looking naturally. Although it is pricy, its worth to buy it.

on 4/5/2015 11:17:00 AM

Tried it because I'm looking for a new tinted moisturizer. It went on well, but I found it not only oxidized quickly it also quickly left me with a very shiny face and I do not have oily skin at all. After putting pressed powder on in my effort to combat the shine, I was surprised to find the shine quickly came back within a short amount of time. I suppose this really unappealing shiny face is what NARS meant by "radiant".

on 4/4/2015 5:21:00 PM

Total HG!!! Definitely not for someone looking for full coverage. I fell out of love with Estée Lauder double wear when I kept catching my reflection and seeing it all cake up on my face, and also it started breaking me out. So, I was looking for a foundation that would look like skin, give decent coverage, and look dewy and gorgeous. This tinted moisturizer does it all. I would say it's not sheer coverage, more like light to medium. It is stunning, doesn't make me break out, looks just like skin, I can't say enough good things about it!! Love!!

on 4/2/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

When I bought this, I questioned the title "moisturizer" and the Sephora employee told me to ignore it and that it was very full coverage. I believed him, and so of course I was disappointed. It is a very nice foundation if you are looking for light to medium coverage. Smells really good and is smooth and creamy. I would love it if it was full coverage, but I just put it over another foundation and it's great. Will probably not repurchase because of the price.

on 3/17/2015 5:04:00 AM

Great product. Does not emphasize dry patches and it actually moisturises my skin. The shade range is awesome, Terre Neuve is the perfect match for me. The only negative side of this product is that it makes my T-zone look a bit shiny but it can be corrected with a powder on top of it.

on 3/16/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the only tinted moisturizer that works for me and I've literally tried them all. Plus Terre Neuve is the perfect match for my very pale and cool skin tone.

This doesn't break me out. It lasts all day. It blends into my skin wonderfully. I can use it all over or as more of a very light spot concealer. One bottle lasts me 6 months to a year. It doesn't oxidize on me which is huge. My face is never greasy or too matte. This product is just perfect. I feel zero desire to ever try another. I hope they never stop making this in my color. It took me years of searching to find perfection. I always have a backup on hand!

on 3/9/2015 6:44:00 PM

HG alert! I have raved about other TM/foundations before but this one is the ultimate. I don't think I will ever search for an another tinted moisturizer, not in a near future at least.
I have been using Mac's TM in the lightest color. I had oily skin but since last year my face is becoming more combination than oily and even started to get drier in winter so I started to look for a new product since the Mac one stopped working out for me.

I am a NC15/20 with minor skin problems. I have always loved lighter coverage and recently I am into luminous light skin products more than ever. I can't even tell you how perfect this one is. But I will try!

The coverage is medium for a TM. It is not totally sheer yet it doesn't act like some of the new TM or BB cremes etc. on the market that are supposed to be light when they feel heavier than most foundations. On daily basis I use it with a brush like Mac 187 so I can get a sheer finish. With less skimpy application, it delivers the maximum coverage I am looking for (except special occasions).

The finish is great. Not shiny nor powdery. It looks and feels like actual skin. It is luminous without being shiny. My skin looks so natural and healthy with this. It doesn't empasize any imperfection, looks great on my cheek pores and dry patches yet also on my oily T-zone. I set it with Nars Crystal Pressed Powder, Guerlain Meteorites or Givenchy loose powder and it keeps me good all day long. After 4-5 hours or less on hot days, I might need some blotting on my T-zone. I find that this product doesn't make me look like an oil slick even then. If you have oily skin you might need better oil controlling powders than the ones I use.
The staying power is good. It doesn't start to fade away at the middle of a long day.
I like the fact that the shade range is not limited into 3-4 colors like the most tinted moisturizers. I use the lightest color and it matches perfectly.
The SPF is really good. On summer days I wear actual high protection products but on other seasons it is great having a tinted moisturizer with such good sun protection feature.
I don't really experience breakouts with any product but I always have to deal with blackheads. I didn't see this one causing any.

I think this will work great for anyone who is looking for a light coverage, healthy looking product. For very oily skin types, I think Mac's Tinted moisturizer might deliver better results. But within all the other tinted moisturizers or light foundations have tried in years, this one is the ultimate favourite.

on 3/8/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Oh my, is it possible to be in love with a Tinted Moisturiser? Because I am. It's name is Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Alaska, and it has my heart forever. Seriously, this stuff is so good, so so good. It is pigmented and has low-medium coverage but still gives such a beautiful fresh and healthy glow to the skin! The colour is bang on perfect for me, however the shade range isn't amazing. Seriously, a 5 cent piece sized amount is all I need for my entire face. I wear this everyday with the Clarins Instant Concealer under my eyes and it lasts all day when set with a light dusting of powder. it just so beautiful on the skin, and without powder it has very good staying power. I would purchase this over the Sheer Glow Foundation any day. The packaging is good because its practical and convinient to travel with. An the added bonus is that is whacks a good SPF covering aswell!!!! Buy this, thank me later.