April 17, 2014 | 1017 users online

Polishes - Nailene - Sensationail Color Gel Polish

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Debdeb123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this for Christmas in Raspberry Wine. So far so good. No chips, only problem is on one finger my technique was off and I got it on the skin a bit and now I could peel it off if I wanted. I will be more careful next time!

A 4 for overall as I would like to see a greater range of colours (blacks and glitters!!).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been absolutely thrilled with this product. I love the look of polished nails but I hate it when my polish starts to chip. The Sensationail system allows me to have shiny, chip free nails for ten days. A very important step when using this product is to make sure you cap the nail in each step (brush the polish across the tip of each nail). This will ensure you don't have any chips.
I usually remove the polish after ten days because new nail growth starts to become visible (same way it does with acrylic nails). It makes my nails very strong as well. Iíve never had nails this long before! I find that the system works well with other polishes such as OPI and Essie (shimmer or glitter polishes from these brands donít wear as long). When using regular polish follow directions as usual but allow the polish to air dry before proceeding to the next step.
For removal I place a cotton ball soaked in Onyx pure acetone (available at Wal-Mart) and wrap the nail with foil. After 15 minutes I scrape the polish using the Sensationail metal tool (sold separately and worth the $5 investment). Always look for coupons! Sensationails will usually have some posted on their Facebook. Iíve also found that the beauty clerk at Walgreens usually has coupons sent from the company as well.
The initial cost for the kit is expensive but well worth the investment.
The only disappointment Iíve had with this brand is their French Manicure kit, which I will write a separate review for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay,
So I'm obsessive when it comes to my nails and i will not leave the house without nail polish on so even though I'm not usually one to say that a product has changed my life, THIS PRODUCT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE! In used to get my nails done at the salon religiously but after having my son I just didn't have then time to do so. Instead I scoured the earth and spent a ton of money searching for nail polishes, base coats, top coats, ect. Obviously some were better than others but for the most part I was NEVER happy with my nails. If they dried with a bubble in them I'd redo them, if there was a smudge, I'd redo them, so needless to say every time I painted my nails it was a 2 hour affair and then no matter what they'd chip within 2 days, and then it was time to start all over again. I tried other gel sets which would make my nails crack within 24 hours. This stuff however is awesome!!! It always goes on smooth, no bubbles as far as the eye can see. they're completely dry within 2 minutes, you can change the baby, dig in your purse, curl your hair, go to bed without getting sheet marks in your nails. They stay strong and shiny for almost two weeks, with swimming, doing dishes, giving tubbies, and two weeks of perfect wear is something I never ever dreamt of, I would have been happy with 5 days. I cannot recommend this product enough to anyone that wears nail polish!!! It is my HG of all nail products. (And it doesn't damage your nails like that damn acrylic)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My lovely coworkers gave this set to me for my birthday. They know I love getting gel nails and have been wanting a set I can do at home. This is a great starter kit. It comes with a small bottle of cleanser, gel primer, gel top and base coat, nail files, linen pads for the cleanser, and foil for removal. The gel polish it came with is the raspberry color, which is beautiful with small shimmer underneath. The LED lamp is small, but will fit your four fingers (the two thumbs can go together). I have used this kit 3 times already, and it has been extremely easy. The direction are very easy to follow, and comes with illustrations. My polish stayed on for more than 2 weeks with no chips at all, and I do a lot of cleaning, scrubbing, etc! I was very pleased with the results. The removal process was actually very easy for me. There were a few nails that I easily lifted and peeled off. For the more stubborn ones, I used the foil provided in the kit, which has linen pads pre-attached! It was very easy to dip some remover on the pad, wrap the foil around. I only had it on for about 30 seconds, and then all the polish was very easily scraped off. The removal process really didn't take any longer than if I were to remove regular glitter polish.
I didn't want to buy more gel polishes as they are about $10 for a small bottle, and I didn't want to abandon all my old regular polishes. So I also tried using the kit with regular polish. It worked with no issues. Basically, I primed my nails with gel primer, used the gel base/top coat, cured it, then put my regular polish on. I waited until it was completely dried, and then I put another layer of gel base/top coat, and cured it. No chips, and extremely glossy! I highly recommend this kit if you want to do gel nails at home. The process really doesn't take much longer than doing regular nails because the curing is very fast. Once the nails are cured, there's no waiting time for it to dry and you can go on with whatever you're doing. I am very happy with this as it has made my manicures last much longer. It gives me salon results without the price!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

In Canada, the starter kit costs $99 - anytime I go to a nail salon for a Shellac manicure, including tip, I'm spending a good $35. If I can recover the cost of the Sensationail kit after 3 uses, why not??

The instructions they provide are easy to follow, the colours are nice (they don't have a wide range, but you have your common reds, neutrals, warm and cool-toned colours), and for someone who has thin, brittle nails, this is a great solution to having nails that last!

The DOWNSIDE - it's hell to take off!

By now, you've seen all the different reviews, but for THOSE WITH THIN, DRY, BRITTLE NAILS, I've found a few tips to help make the removal process easier:

- skip the nail primer (this has helped...a bit)
- foil your nails - wet a small cotton ball with acetone, and wrap the top 3rd of your finger with tin foil - this too has helped
- Use a file to file off the residual nail polish and minimize your frustrations
- and a shout out to the MUAer above who used thimbles on each nail - I hope this one will work

Overall, a very good product, but the removal process will hopefully be improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by lfschaper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS!!!! I tried it for the first time the Sunday evening before Thanksgiving and my manicure held up through multiple house cleanings, cooking for Thanksgiving, showers, washing a dog, etc. I was amazed. It can be a pain to take off, but I'll take it since it lasts so long and dries instantly (after curing)!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Lillapeed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mixed experience really. I got a promotional set with the 'essentials' kit and 5 colours as well as the LED lamp with all the usual starter pack bits and bobs. I like the colours and their luxe texture, though they do tend towards pink tones which won't be for everyone. Application is easy and if you spend the time you get wonderful results for a tenth of the price of the salon.

However it is a BITCH to remove, seriously, I've spent over an hour buffing and soaking trying to get it off to no avail. I've even tried not applying the primer during application to help the removal process but that just made the colour peel off after a day.

The reason for this is because it's a combined base and top coat so it's not doing either job well. I never used to believe the hype - a clear polish is a clear polish right? - but you really DO need a separate 'primer' (base coat) and 'fixer' (top coat)

In the end I just bought the Gelish foundation and top it off and that is such a breeze to use and remove. I use sensationail colour and even my own regular polish as a 'sandwich' and this works wonderfully. In fact Gelish allows other polishes to glide on whereas Sensatonail is more sticky.

So yeah get Sensationail to start you off as is tons cheaper than its competitors but you may need to look elsewhere for better results

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by jlstauff

got this kit some time ago when it first came out at the drugstore. I've used this a lot since then. I have the original raspberry wine(love intense redish fushia with shimmer), pink chiffon (nice pink just sheer so i have to use 3 coats), pink daisy (great bright pink), purple orchid (nice shimmerer purple just shows up too dark almost black looking), just got a steal on the magnetic blue one. it was on clearance and used 2 dollar coupon off. and found limited edition pink bouquet

this stuff does stay on a long time usually polish just chips off when i'm working this lets me do anything i want to. i had to go buy a 10 dollar battery operated manicure/pedicure tool. this lets me file off the shiny coat or buff my nails easier (make sure to buy one with an on/off switch and not a one you have to push) . I tried to take it off by soaking them in acetone didn't work well. i now like to do the cotton ball and foil method. i may try the page turner things if it works with acetone. do not get the acetone on anything! i set the lid down in the car to refil my travel size bottle and it left a ring on the console. the original travel bottle i had leaked a little and it 'ate' a little bit of the led lamp! nasty stuff. i have this kit in a nice clear cosmetic bag and take it with me when i go to a hotel and do my nails there. much cheaper then the salon. very happy

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by HRudow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Sensationail products. Application is super easy and they really do last 2+ weeks! I have even used it on my toes and that polish lasted throughout the summer - 3 months without a chip! Because I'm not huge on color polish, I often use just the clear which gives my nails strength and a beautiful shine. You can also paint over it and remove it without taking off any of the gel. It's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sadieheartsyou

I love the idea of this gel nailpolish. I got hooked on gel nailpolish when I got it done at the salon a long time ago. When I found out I could do it at home I went to walmart and bought the kit. Its a bit expensive to purchase the kit but it comes with the light and all the prep you need for your nails.
It lasted long on my nails (1.5-2 weeks) and looked great.
However it is VERY hard to get off!