October 25, 2014 | 1618 users online

Polishes - Nailene - Sensationail Color Gel Polish

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Such a pain to remove!!!! The application takes for ever at least an hour and it takes for ever to remove them. They sometimes peel right off after only a few hours after application, so I was getting fed up with it. Can't recommend these. If you want gel nails that actually last, get gelish professionally done at a salon!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by MrsGreeney

I have been paying out the nose to get no-chip manicures in the salon, which is why I am SO happy to have found this product! I polished my nails with this system almost two weeks ago and they are still chip-free and shiny. Relative to the cost of a manicure in the salon this system is cheap and the application is very easy. I haven't taken the polish off yet, but I am prepared for a lengthy removal process having had it done before. Overall, excellent -- I can't stop singing its praises!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by prettyinblack6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I rarely post reviews for products, but this is hands down one of the best beauty products I have ever purchased.
My nails break very easily, won't grow long, and I have to use my hands a lot at work. Regular nail polish looks decent for about 2 or 3 days before I have to remove it.
The kit was not difficult to use. I am SO impressed with the results. The gel polish makes them thicker and smooth. They are shiny and the best part is that my nails looked perfect for a week! No more weak and breaking nails. After 9 days, I decided to remove the polish, and it took about 20 minutes to remove. Not as bad as I expected considering the reviews I read.
The downside for me is that the colors aren't as funky or vibrant as I like. I bought some Gelish colors and they work perfectly with the kit.
This product is a serious game changer and I only wish I would have discovered it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by sarahcatherine11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing value for money! Whole kit for 60 pounds, 2 manicures in the salon.
Nails don't last the 2 full weeks on me, but still giving it 5 stars as regular nail polish barely lasts 2 days on me and I can get 10 days wear out of this!
Colour range available on the website is great too, love evening sand especially.
Love the packaging too. All-round great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by dcamaren

This review is for the espresso bean polish only. I really like the product in general and will continue to use the other colors. I was looking for an alternative to a black polish and when I saw the espresso bean I envisioned a rich brown. Perfect....if only it was. This color is an army green. I'm a little traditional with my colors, so I will not be using this color again. It is a pain to take off so after I spent an hour doing my nails, I didn't want to do the process again. Unfortunately, every time I look at my nails this morning I feel like there is algae growing on my nails. This will be coming off tonight.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by GirlieGirl629

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to get my my nails done at a salon every two weeks with the Gelish, but it was $45 a pop, so I eventually stopped getting them done. I am the type of person who loves to have my nails looking pretty, but I hate to do them. I will leave the polish on for weeks before I do them again, which is not the most attractive site. When I first saw this product advertise I was like, "there is no way it works!"

Well, I purchased this on a whim last week. I didn't even check what color until I got home. I ended up with the Scarlet Red. I am not a red polish person so was a little put off, but was set on trying this out.

I read the instructions a million times, along with the MA reviews a zillion times. I am really good at doing my own manicures. I take the time to do it, I use higher end polish and base/top coats. My home manicures usually last a full week looking great before they start to look bad. Well...from a distance they looked phenomenal once I did the Sensationail. Up close, not so much. I honestly just attributed it to my needing to practice more with the product getting on the skin. I also believe I used too thick of a clear coat. It says to apply a thin coat for a reason. I had bubbles on some nails, color on sides of most fingers. But, the product actually worked. It did what it claimed to do. I must also say that they Scarlet Red was gorgeous and I will be using red more often.

I put it on Thursday. It started chipping today (Monday), but I again feel it was because I applied way too thick.

Having an addictive personality, I became obsessed this weekend reading reviews. I decided to try the Gelish Brand, went to my local beauty supply and purchased the Ph Bonf, Foundation, Top It Off and the shimmery color Ambience. I took off the polish today and re-did my nails. They look great. The application was so much smoother and nicer. The LED lamp that came with the Sensational Kit worked very well with it.

I will say that capping off the tips is a huge factor in getting the polish to set, or cure, nicely at the tips.

I was concerned that the removal would be really difficult based on what I read in the reviews and also because I used such thick layers. I completely soaked 10 cotton balls in pure acetone. I put the cotton balls on my fingernails and wrapped in foil (one hand at a time). With one hand at time, one finger at a time, I removed the foil. The first hand I let soak for 15 minutes. I did have to work a little bit, but without too much struggle. The second hand, I left soaking for 20 minutes. It slid right off and I could feel my nail beds and how ;perfectly smooth they were.

I gave this a 5 star rating because, they were not perfect as a result of my application, not because of the formula. I think the price is fair because from what I have seen, the LED lights are expensive and this cures in 60 seconds or less. The packaging leaves little to be desired. I would buy this again simply to replace the LED lamp if I needed to.

I will use the Gelish products from now on, with this lamp. Next, I will try to gelly sammich them!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by BurberryBrit89

I've been thinking about buying this product for a while now, months even, especially when it was on sale on drugstore.com for about half off.

However, I am a beauty adviser at Walgreens, and we got one of these kits for demo for one of our "saturdates." The senior BA had no intention of using it, so she gave it to me.

It's stupid simple to use. All together I'd say it only takes about 15/20 minutes total to do, and you could wash dishes the second you are done. Awesome, no more dry time or bed sheet marks.

Having to be super careful about not getting it on my skin (which just begs for chips) is annoying to me, only because my method of manicuring my nails is : Do before bed. Let the shower water and loofah take care of cleanup the next morning lol.

I will say, this has never last 2 weeks on me. Only one week. And since 40 hours of my time are now spent putting away product, tearing through boxes, and now dealing with the Hallmark aisle, that in itself is a miracle.

I bought the French kit (mostly for the sheer pink, I found the pink in the starter kit to be just a TOUCH too loud), and I'll agree with the review on that kit specifically: the tips do lift quickly (I followed one reviewers advice and put the color on top of the white strips -- still lifted, but muted the stark whiteness). HOWEVER they don't chip.

I also noticed that the base coat under the white tips didn't chip at all. So what I did tonight is put 2 coats of just the base/top coat on. At some point I'll go ahead and put a coat of a regular polish on, to see how long that lasts.

It definitely makes my nails strong enough to grow out, I've had to file them once a week, when I re-done my nails. They're a bit damaged without the gel on it, however. This is completely my fault though, because once a side starts to lift, or a chip happens, I start peeling away! Terrible habit. Don't do this lol

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Debdeb123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this for Christmas in Raspberry Wine. So far so good. No chips, only problem is on one finger my technique was off and I got it on the skin a bit and now I could peel it off if I wanted. I will be more careful next time!

A 4 for overall as I would like to see a greater range of colours (blacks and glitters!!).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been absolutely thrilled with this product. I love the look of polished nails but I hate it when my polish starts to chip. The Sensationail system allows me to have shiny, chip free nails for ten days. A very important step when using this product is to make sure you cap the nail in each step (brush the polish across the tip of each nail). This will ensure you don't have any chips.
I usually remove the polish after ten days because new nail growth starts to become visible (same way it does with acrylic nails). It makes my nails very strong as well. Iíve never had nails this long before! I find that the system works well with other polishes such as OPI and Essie (shimmer or glitter polishes from these brands donít wear as long). When using regular polish follow directions as usual but allow the polish to air dry before proceeding to the next step.
For removal I place a cotton ball soaked in Onyx pure acetone (available at Wal-Mart) and wrap the nail with foil. After 15 minutes I scrape the polish using the Sensationail metal tool (sold separately and worth the $5 investment). Always look for coupons! Sensationails will usually have some posted on their Facebook. Iíve also found that the beauty clerk at Walgreens usually has coupons sent from the company as well.
The initial cost for the kit is expensive but well worth the investment.
The only disappointment Iíve had with this brand is their French Manicure kit, which I will write a separate review for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay,
So I'm obsessive when it comes to my nails and i will not leave the house without nail polish on so even though I'm not usually one to say that a product has changed my life, THIS PRODUCT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE! In used to get my nails done at the salon religiously but after having my son I just didn't have then time to do so. Instead I scoured the earth and spent a ton of money searching for nail polishes, base coats, top coats, ect. Obviously some were better than others but for the most part I was NEVER happy with my nails. If they dried with a bubble in them I'd redo them, if there was a smudge, I'd redo them, so needless to say every time I painted my nails it was a 2 hour affair and then no matter what they'd chip within 2 days, and then it was time to start all over again. I tried other gel sets which would make my nails crack within 24 hours. This stuff however is awesome!!! It always goes on smooth, no bubbles as far as the eye can see. they're completely dry within 2 minutes, you can change the baby, dig in your purse, curl your hair, go to bed without getting sheet marks in your nails. They stay strong and shiny for almost two weeks, with swimming, doing dishes, giving tubbies, and two weeks of perfect wear is something I never ever dreamt of, I would have been happy with 5 days. I cannot recommend this product enough to anyone that wears nail polish!!! It is my HG of all nail products. (And it doesn't damage your nails like that damn acrylic)