September 2, 2014 | 1826 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Mondocool16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very silky, smooth, high quality powder like most PF powders. It works to set makeup and can even provide good coverage on it's own. BEWARE: This is a "luminous" powder and If you have large pores it will magnify them and be very unflattering....may not be ideal for oily skin. I tend to use this powder more as a highlight only on certain parts of the face due to the luminous quality and it works very well for this purpose. The packaging is okay...for some reason the clear plastic lid/cover on PF powders always becomes brittle and breaks around the hinge...really annoying because then the lid won't stay on. I find the brush it comes with to be useless...not suitable for applying this product at all.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Do you love MAC mineralize skinfinish? Because if you do, this is a DUPE! I got a coupon for buy one PF product get one free, so I grabbed my summer color (beige) and winter color (translucent). The brush that the product comes with is crap, but the product itself is lovely. It wears exceptionally well, looks matte not flat, a hint of glimmer (NOT GLITTER), just gorgeous. I use it as a light veil over my liquid foundation or put it over primer and use a fixing spray to build coverage. HOLY GRAIL.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Complectus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder does it's job and really sets my other foundation down. It keeps my t-zone from getting oily and really gives me a flawless finish. This is one of my favourite low-cost powders and I will probably continue to use it until it gives me problems.

Recommend 8/10 !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by mikaelajoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a powder that would minimize the appearance of my pores, but I didn't expect a lot of coverage out of it. However, this gives great coverage, and on "good skin days" I can definitely get away with just this and some concealer. It makes my skin look very smooth and perfected- just like an airbrush, actually :) it doesn't control oil, but that isn't its purpose so I can't count against it for that. It doesn't feel heavy in my skin but looks very natural, like my skin but better. The one downfall on the product is the packaging. It is kind of clunky and also not very sturdy. The powder flips up inside the compact so you can use the mirror it comes with, but the hinge on mine broke after a few uses. I also thought it was impractical to have to flip back and forth between the powder and the mirror.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder is amazing! I ounces used it without any sort of foundation or tinted moisturizer and the coverage was heavenly! I have acne scar/marks so coverage Is very important to me but I don't like to look like I have a mask on. My boyfriend prefers a natural look so this is perfect! When I use it over my tinted moisturizer it looks so nice. My boyfriends thinks so too, he thinks I'm not wearing any makeup. My only complaint about this powder is the satin finish. I wish it was more matte but other than that it's wonderful!

Update: once again, something I thought was great, ended up not working it in the end. This product is way too pink based and make my face look so dark after wearing it for a few hours and the oil of my skin interfered! I wouldn't recommend this for women with golden undertones and have oily skin like myself. It's coverage is great but it's not for me. I hope it worked for others though because its a good product it just happened not to work in my favor.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I ran out of a Physicans Formula powder that I really liked, their Organic Wear Loose Powder. I went to Ulta and they had the same type of product, but not in my color. I guess they only have the Translucent shade now, which is too light for me to even attempt to make work. (It's not actually translucent, that's just the name of their lightest shade in that particular powder line, by the way). So, I had to get something. After looking at the ingrediants on different PF powders in Ulta, I decided to try this. All of the other powders either looked like they contained a lot of Talc/other bad ingredients or I had tried them previously and didn't love them. I got this in the lightest shade, which I also believe is called Translucent. Right next to my closest Ulta, there is a Target. I stopped in there to get a household product on my way home, and saw an E.L.F. Essentials Clarifying Pressed Powder for $1. So I thought hey, why not? I got home and applied the PF powder to one side of my face and the elf powder to other. I asked a few people which side of my face they liked better (people are used to me being odd :D). One replied they liked the elf side better, one replied they liked the PF side, and the majority couldn't see a difference between the two. I personally couldn't see a difference either...until the end of the day! Both powders didn't stand up to my oily skin (but that's ok, I usually use a matte finishing powder but didn't with these to see how they truly were without other products throwing them off). The real difference was that on the PF side of my face, my recent acne outbreak was very itchy and irritated and, I think, actually worse! On the elf side, my pimples were actually smaller. I was very surprised the elf powder reduced my acne, and in one day. I have tried other "clarifying/acne treating" foundations before and some didn't cause me to break out, but none actually treated the acne. I wasn't overly surprised the PF irritated my skin, it's extremely sensitive and break-out prone. So, I returned the PF powder. It doesn't keep oil at bay on it's own, irritated my sensitive skin, and was essentially just as good as a $1 powder when I had to shell out $15 for it plus tax. I would describe the coverage as light to medium, if you have actual pimples, under eye circles, or something else that is obvious you'll need concealer. If you have acne scars, this should cover that adequately. The color seems to be very forgiving. The packing was nice, I enjoyed having a mirror. I didn't use the make up brush that came with it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone because of the 1)price and 2)break-out/irritation issue.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Love this powder havent found one like it yet! Works beautifully gives me a nice airbrushed look and also smooths and makes my skin feel nice. Sets my makeup well too. Has a nice also creamy feel to it but its not its powder aha doesnt dry my skin out and i have sensitive skin so it quite like the feel of it on. Will try some other powders but loving this so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lisbet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I also got this at CVS on sale for $7. I got it home, tried it and jumped back into my car and sped back to CVS and bought the last two compacts! Now I can bring that Make-Up Forever back to Sephora. It's an inferior product compared to this baby! I knew my DS cosmetics could keep up with the HE stuff. Proves you don't have to go to the mall to get good quality make-up! It gives me more $$ to spend on something that's really important to me-perfume!! Now that's where I don't mind spending money! Guess I'm just not a big make-up person, but I do have a lot of Urban Decay shadows. So I do like some nice make-up, but even those aren't that superior to DS products. It just all depends on where you want to spend your money and also, I lucked into this great product. Had it not been on sale I would have passed becaue it doesn't exactly look like anything special. But it goes on like a dream, covers all the redness in my skin, and doesn't get into my fine lines. I don't think it exactly minimizes my lines, just doesn;t emphasize them, like some powder foundations do. Give this a try! Even at the full price of $14 it's a great product! At age 59-I have a lot of trouble getting foundations that work well for me. They are either too greasy, too dry, oxidize-I still am oily in my T zone. A lot of foundations look mask-like which is something a woman my age does NOT want! The trick is to look like you have on NO foundation-not good foundation with great coverage. I recently began using Retin-A and my skin is reacting with a little extra redness and this covers it well and lasts all day. It's in a compact so it's convenient to carry with me for touch-ups. I love minerals-but got sick of the loose ones. This pressed mineral is all you could want in a foundation!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by fishers7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this powder after trying and loving the bronzer and and blush from the same line. I purchased creamy natural rather than translucent for my NW20 skin because when I compared the two in store the translucent looked really yellow in the pan compared to the creamy natural (to me). I buff the product on using my round or flat topped kabuki brushes from sigma. I then spray MAC fix+ over my entire face to get rid if any powdery-ness and the product looks great. Gives a good amount of coverage that I find I can blend easily and build as well. Gives my skin a nice glow and velvet finish. Has not oxidized on me that I have noticed. Good in non flash photography (the high SPF definitely gives flashback in flash photos). Will repurchase :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I picked this up at my local CVS sale. Do not use the applicator it comes with. I tried using a sponge applicator but that make sit get cakey. I use my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this powder to set my foundation & it looks amazing. I like the high SPF & the velvet finish it imparts. So much better than the silicone powders I've been using AND there's SPF :) I would buy again, as long a sit's on sale.