July 24, 2014 | 1948 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder is amazing! I ounces used it without any sort of foundation or tinted moisturizer and the coverage was heavenly! I have acne scar/marks so coverage Is very important to me but I don't like to look like I have a mask on. My boyfriend prefers a natural look so this is perfect! When I use it over my tinted moisturizer it looks so nice. My boyfriends thinks so too, he thinks I'm not wearing any makeup. My only complaint about this powder is the satin finish. I wish it was more matte but other than that it's wonderful!

Update: once again, something I thought was great, ended up not working it in the end. This product is way too pink based and make my face look so dark after wearing it for a few hours and the oil of my skin interfered! I wouldn't recommend this for women with golden undertones and have oily skin like myself. It's coverage is great but it's not for me. I hope it worked for others though because its a good product it just happened not to work in my favor.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I ran out of a Physicans Formula powder that I really liked, their Organic Wear Loose Powder. I went to Ulta and they had the same type of product, but not in my color. I guess they only have the Translucent shade now, which is too light for me to even attempt to make work. (It's not actually translucent, that's just the name of their lightest shade in that particular powder line, by the way). So, I had to get something. After looking at the ingrediants on different PF powders in Ulta, I decided to try this. All of the other powders either looked like they contained a lot of Talc/other bad ingredients or I had tried them previously and didn't love them. I got this in the lightest shade, which I also believe is called Translucent. Right next to my closest Ulta, there is a Target. I stopped in there to get a household product on my way home, and saw an E.L.F. Essentials Clarifying Pressed Powder for $1. So I thought hey, why not? I got home and applied the PF powder to one side of my face and the elf powder to other. I asked a few people which side of my face they liked better (people are used to me being odd :D). One replied they liked the elf side better, one replied they liked the PF side, and the majority couldn't see a difference between the two. I personally couldn't see a difference either...until the end of the day! Both powders didn't stand up to my oily skin (but that's ok, I usually use a matte finishing powder but didn't with these to see how they truly were without other products throwing them off). The real difference was that on the PF side of my face, my recent acne outbreak was very itchy and irritated and, I think, actually worse! On the elf side, my pimples were actually smaller. I was very surprised the elf powder reduced my acne, and in one day. I have tried other "clarifying/acne treating" foundations before and some didn't cause me to break out, but none actually treated the acne. I wasn't overly surprised the PF irritated my skin, it's extremely sensitive and break-out prone. So, I returned the PF powder. It doesn't keep oil at bay on it's own, irritated my sensitive skin, and was essentially just as good as a $1 powder when I had to shell out $15 for it plus tax. I would describe the coverage as light to medium, if you have actual pimples, under eye circles, or something else that is obvious you'll need concealer. If you have acne scars, this should cover that adequately. The color seems to be very forgiving. The packing was nice, I enjoyed having a mirror. I didn't use the make up brush that came with it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone because of the 1)price and 2)break-out/irritation issue.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Love this powder havent found one like it yet! Works beautifully gives me a nice airbrushed look and also smooths and makes my skin feel nice. Sets my makeup well too. Has a nice also creamy feel to it but its not its powder aha doesnt dry my skin out and i have sensitive skin so it quite like the feel of it on. Will try some other powders but loving this so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lisbet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I also got this at CVS on sale for $7. I got it home, tried it and jumped back into my car and sped back to CVS and bought the last two compacts! Now I can bring that Make-Up Forever back to Sephora. It's an inferior product compared to this baby! I knew my DS cosmetics could keep up with the HE stuff. Proves you don't have to go to the mall to get good quality make-up! It gives me more $$ to spend on something that's really important to me-perfume!! Now that's where I don't mind spending money! Guess I'm just not a big make-up person, but I do have a lot of Urban Decay shadows. So I do like some nice make-up, but even those aren't that superior to DS products. It just all depends on where you want to spend your money and also, I lucked into this great product. Had it not been on sale I would have passed becaue it doesn't exactly look like anything special. But it goes on like a dream, covers all the redness in my skin, and doesn't get into my fine lines. I don't think it exactly minimizes my lines, just doesn;t emphasize them, like some powder foundations do. Give this a try! Even at the full price of $14 it's a great product! At age 59-I have a lot of trouble getting foundations that work well for me. They are either too greasy, too dry, oxidize-I still am oily in my T zone. A lot of foundations look mask-like which is something a woman my age does NOT want! The trick is to look like you have on NO foundation-not good foundation with great coverage. I recently began using Retin-A and my skin is reacting with a little extra redness and this covers it well and lasts all day. It's in a compact so it's convenient to carry with me for touch-ups. I love minerals-but got sick of the loose ones. This pressed mineral is all you could want in a foundation!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by fishers7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this powder after trying and loving the bronzer and and blush from the same line. I purchased creamy natural rather than translucent for my NW20 skin because when I compared the two in store the translucent looked really yellow in the pan compared to the creamy natural (to me). I buff the product on using my round or flat topped kabuki brushes from sigma. I then spray MAC fix+ over my entire face to get rid if any powdery-ness and the product looks great. Gives a good amount of coverage that I find I can blend easily and build as well. Gives my skin a nice glow and velvet finish. Has not oxidized on me that I have noticed. Good in non flash photography (the high SPF definitely gives flashback in flash photos). Will repurchase :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I picked this up at my local CVS sale. Do not use the applicator it comes with. I tried using a sponge applicator but that make sit get cakey. I use my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this powder to set my foundation & it looks amazing. I like the high SPF & the velvet finish it imparts. So much better than the silicone powders I've been using AND there's SPF :) I would buy again, as long a sit's on sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Translucent. There's still quite a bit of coverage for NC20 skin and the color is fine. This powder almost has a creamy feel to it and it buffs nicely into the skin. It feels creamier and less dry than MAC studio fix powder. I have dry skin and this does not exacerbate any dry patches and leaves a bit of a dewy type sheen to the skin. That may not be to everyone's liking. There is no bismuth in this formula that I can see and so my skin appears to be tolerating this very well.

My PF items seem to break after being in the makeup bag for awhile so I don't expect this packaging to hold up either. If you can find a good sale, I think this could be a good buy.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by OmC12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a powder that matched the color of my skin tone (which is very fair) and didn't leave behind a powdery or cakey look on my face. After reviewing PF products for my sensitive skin, I decided to give this product a try and I love it! I have tried other PF powders, but their other "translucents" were either a shade darker than my natural skin color, or surprisingly too white... and I didn't think you could get any whiter than my skin! But this product matched perfectly. No harsh smells, no orange color, no super powdery or cakey effect, and lasts pretty much all day when teamed with the right foundation or primer underneath. I did start to show a little shine at the end of an 8 hour day on my t-zone area which usually does get oily, but it wasn't horribly noticeable unless you looked really close. I use this with a tinted moisturizer and a little concealer for the really red spots that this skips on covering, but for the most part coverage is really nice. I definitely recommend this product to any fair skin girls with sensitive combination skin, and hopefully it works for them as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Kcstings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Tarte, Lorac, BE, Yves Saint Laurent, Revlon, MUFE, Lancôme, Estée Lauder, Napoleon Perdis, UD, CG, L'Oreal, etc! I'm 33 and always looking for the perfect foundation. I've got combo skin, medium with yellow undertones, and tiny fine lines around eyes when I smile. I just got this in the kit today with bronzer and blush. Concealer under eyes and using a flat-topped buffing brush gave me incredible, long lasting, airbrushed skin. I put all my other makeup away. Five lippies and I hope PF NEVER stops making this!!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jessicav1

I've been using this foundation for a few months now and I'm not surprised by how much I absolutely love it. I've had great luck with PH products in the past as far as my sensitive skin not reacting to it, but was never pleased with the coverage until I found this product. I can see why it is frustrating for users who may be slightly darker or tan because it only comes in the two shades. I first purchased translucent which matched my skin great. By the time I needed to re-purchase, it was winter and to prevent myself from looking ghostly, I purchased it in Golden which I feared would not match my skin after first try, but blends quite well. I think I may go back to translucent, but both shades seem to work fine for me. I have very sensitive skin, cannot use any cheaper brands of makeup with chemicals, and PH has never let me down. The coverage is buildable to juuuust about full and I use an old eyeshadow brush with a bit of water to make concealer from it to hide blemishes. I like that it's a pressed powder, makes for easier and neater application. My one and only complaint is that it doesn't quite last a full 8 hour day, but because it's a pressed powder, I can easily bring it with me for touch-ups on the go.