December 22, 2014 | 848 users online

BB Cream - Too Faced - Tinted Beauty Balm Multi-Benefit Skin Care Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by eksims

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. I've tried some drugstore brands (terrible) and Clinique BB cream, and this is so much better. I love the tube, very easy to use the product, and easy for on the go. Using my fingers, I saw no lines and it went on smoothly.

This is thicker than my liquid foundations, so I did feel like I used more of this than my normal foundation. It is very buildable and you can build up to a medium coverage. It has a soft dewy look, but not shiny or oily. Blurs imperfections REALLY well. Lasts well all day, maybe just one extra application if hot or sweaty. Moisturizes really well. Can't say enough good things about it.

Great product for weekends or vacations when you don't want to do the whole big routine but still look flawless.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by jrs0877

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on MUA for years getting helpful reviews and tips on many products. I'm writing this review because of how horrible this product is.

I have made no changes to my regular skin care/make up regimen, except for this product. I bought and tried it out once I got home Wednesday night, washed my face. Woke up Thursday morning, used it with my regular makeup routine. By the end of Thursday, Friday morning, I had red spots/bumps all over my lower cheek and forehead. As of the time now, writing this review, the spots are still there. Suffice to say I will be returning this product ASAP. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by belaugh86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Where do I start with this review!?!? Too Faced tinted BB cream completely changed my mind about BB creams. I was never really into the idea of a BB cream or any "multi-use" face creams because my skin is so sensitive. This, however, has become a staple in my everyday face routine.

Application: I start with Too Faced oil free primer, let that set for a minute, then apply a small amount of Too Faced BB cream to the back of my hand. I work this product in with my hands and apply it directly to my skin. I find it settles right into my acne scars and fine lines much better than with a brush. Once that's on and set, I move on to my foundation and concealer - which I also apply with my (clean) fingers, only blending out with a brush if needed. This might seem like a lot of product, but because the BB cream over the primer is so light and absorbent; it sinks right into your skin, leaving a light amount of coverage with a beautiful, natural glow under your foundation - allowing you to use less foundation and concealer. The end result is a flawless, glowing complexion with a satin-matte finish that stays for hours.

For reference, here are my daily go to face products I use alongside this BB cream, in order of the application.

Primer: Too Faced Oil Free Primed & Poreless
BB Cream: Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm in Linen Glow
Foundation: - MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW20 mixed with a dab of MAC Pro Longwear in NC25 (NW by itself is too neutral for my warm skin tone)
Corrector: Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque
(a little too light for my medium skin at the moment)
Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20 (under the eyes only)
Set Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Plus
Contour/Warmth: Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Skincare Routine (for reference): Proactiv Gentle Formula (with exfoliating gloves)

Using this routine on my combination skin (my skin is everything - oily, dry, acne-prone AND sensitive) truly makes my skin look flawless. And I'm someone who suffered from extreme cystic acne for years along with the scarring it left behind. My Aunt, who I hadn't seen in about a year, even commented on how beautiful I looked when she saw me recently. I wish I had known this combination of products for my wedding last year!

If you're wondering why I wear a ton of other face products, since I cover up the BB cream itself, it's because this BB cream gives a glow to the skin that I've never been able to achieve with other face products. Even under 3 layers of products, it gives the skin a completely even pigment and glows through the rest of my face products.

I bought mine on Amazon, but I didn't get it for any cheaper than I would have if I bought it from Ulta or Sephora. I think it retails for about $34, and it is worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lovelorixoxo

I got a sample of this from Sephora today and tried it right there in the store. Immediately after putting it on, my face turned blotchy and red. I had to remove it ASAP. I have seborrheic dermititis of the scalp (eczema, basically) but nowhere else so I don't know if my skin is just super sensitive to things because of that or what, but this was terrible. If you want a good tinted moisturizer/BB then I recommend Tarte BB Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer. If you want to read my review of that product, look at my reviews.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in both nude glow & beach glow. My shade match in Mac is an NC42. In Makeup Forever, I use the HD foundation in shade 152. Both shades work for me but Beach Glow is a touch darker than nude glow and has visible bronzy shimmer. I prefer Beach Glow because it makes my skin look healthy/radiant but believe it is being discontinued.

I was looking for a yellow tone tinted moisturizer with skin care benefits and that is basically what this is. This Provides very light coverage just like a tinted moisturizer. It does oxidize but not so much where i find it a very noticable problem.

My skin is very oily and acne prone and I haven't had any adverse sideeffects using this product. I do not put any moisturizer underneath this product. I use this as my moisturizer and use a powder on top of it for a bit more coverage and to take away the shine. The plastic squeeze tube container is convient.

I have been wearing this for over a year, and have repurchased several times. I will continue to repurchase untill I find a something that is cheaper and paraben free, which are my main gripes about the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

This is one of my favorite BB creams. It is incredibly hydrating and makes you look glowy and radiant. I love the SPF but wish it provides just a little bit more coverage. Still, the coverage is adequate for a BB cream and can be enhanced with a little bit of concealer. I am NC30 and I bought Cream Glow and it's just a little bit too dark, but not enough to be obvious. Plus, it's easier to get good coverage out of products just a little darker than too light. UPDATE: Upon using this more, I realized that this has more coverage than most BB creams and enough for me not to need a concealer. I can just set it with a powder and go.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by suhlest

I purchased this bb cream over a year ago and I loved it. Now idk I have a love/ hate relationship with it... I love the coverage and feel of the cream but it's the shimmer that bugs me :/ I think those with drier skin that want a dewy glow would like this. Combo/ oily will probably get annoyed at the overwhelming amount of shimmer in it. If they had a formulation without shimmer I'd stock up for sure but until then, I'm still looking for my hg bb cream!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh how I love this stuff! I will start by saying that I haven't tried a ton off bb creams. But I have tried a couple drugstore brands, garnier and rimmel (boo) and a few highend ones.This is THE one! I like a pretty sheer coverage. Before bb creams came out I was a tinted moisturizer kind of girl. I feel like this gives a fair amount of coverage with a natural glowy finish. My skin is a little on the dry side so that "tacky" feeling some people mention is actually a welcome side effect for me. I dont feel like it truly makes my skin feel tacky. Just moisturized and soft. It lasts all day for me and it doesn't break me out or make my skin oily at the end of the day. Before this I wasn't wearing make up everyday and now I find myself wanting to just because I love how this makes my skin look. I will say on days when I'm wanting more of a matte finish with a tad more coverage I also like the Tarte bb cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by 3801makeup

i like this product, but for how expensive it is, it just doesn't seem to be completely worth it to me. i love the finish it gives, and it gives very minimal coverage.
im about an NC 30, and the lightest shade was still a bit too dark for me, so if your're very fair, this product probably wont work that great for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by LadySnarky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I was a little hesitant to buy this product, but I'm very glad I did. This may just be my newest HG face product. I bought it in Snow Glow, which is a wonderful match for me.

First things first:
It it fairly sheer. If you're looking for good coverage, this is not for you. I am normally a medium-full coverage gal myself, but some days my skin looks just fine and needs a little boost instead of a full-on fix.
This helps to tone down the redness in my cheeks and makes my pores a little less obvious. It also covers the slight discoloration I have around my eyes.

The complaints about it feeling like it never sets are very true as well. It can still feel very tacky even after sitting on your skin for a few minutes. I highly recommend using a very very small amount of powder to set it--even if you have dry skin. I use Palladio Rice Powder to set it and haven't had any problems with it staying tacky or with my skin flaking.

Overall, this is not a bad product. It's definitely not something to use if you need heavy coverage or want to make your skin look absolutely flawless (unless you want to layer it with foundation, that is!), but if you want something to give your skin a little pick-me-up, definitely not a bad option.