Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm Multi-Benefit Skin Care Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

on 10/15/2013 12:12:00 AM

This is my foundation- my everything. I've been using it for over a year- so all seasons- and just love it. I've stocked up. My formerly blemish prone skin has not broken out since using this (Paula's Choice BHA toner gets a lot of credit for that and following Paula's skin care advise in general has cured my blemish problems). I apply this every day first thing in the a.m. because I'm prone to melasma/sun spots and want SPF on right at day break. If I want more coverage- I layer a powder over it with a sponge applicator (Trish McEvoy powder foundation)- but most often I just dust with powder with a brush to set. This is my favorite makeup- ever! Protects my skin and helps it look natural and much better; it's not drying and it's not shiny either even though it has (my preferred) mineral SPF. Just right.

on 10/6/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great product-- evens out my skin, it moisturizes, primes and has spf so I spend less time doing my makeup in the mornings. I have normal skin, very few blemishes so I don't really need to conceal much, I set it with my chanel powder which its slightly tinted just for additional coverage and it remains pretty matte for several hours. Since I discovered this bb cream, I haven't had the need to use foundation only for the weekends and trust me, full coverage is my thing. I will certainly repurchase ohhh and also most foundations give me bumps after several hours on my skin, I guess they clog my pores..? Idk but it doesnt happen with this bb cream :) absolutely heart it <3

P.S. Please don't rate this product based on a medium-full coverage scale, this is a BB cream not a foundation. If you don't have blemish/scars/spots free skin you won't like it, just being honest.

on 9/28/2013 2:52:00 PM

UPDATE: I tried this in Snow Glow and love it - in fact it is not too light for my NC15-20 skin but is a perfect match. In this shade, it looks gorgeous on my skin. Gives a smooth, creamy look that blurs over pores & fine lines. It's super quick to blend in so I apply this when I'm in a hurry - but it makes my skin look pretty enough to wear to nice events as well. It lasts well all day and doesn't settle in pores or get too oily. One of my favorite foundations now!
OLD REVIEW:
If you can find the right color, depending on what you're looking for, this is a decent product.
I tried it in "Vanilla Glow" because Snow Glow seemed a bit light, but the Vanilla Glow is SO YELLOW. I have a yellow undertone myself and have to wear yellow-based foundations, but this one makes me look extremely yellow, like a baby with jaundice. For reference, I am between NC 15 and NC 20 (can generally make either work, depending on if it's summer or winter). I may go back to get a sample of Snow Glow.

As for the performance, it is like a light tinted moisturizer. It has enough coverage to cover over pores, but I need concealer on under eye circles, red spots, etc. It feels a bit sticky at first but that goes away. It looks natural without settling in pores or fine lines, and does not make my face oily. I think it would be great for all skin types as it does not cling on dry patches either.

Personally, I prefer a bit more coverage so I don't have to use much concealer, and I like my Revlon Naked foundation, Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation, Bourjois Healthy Skin, and YSL Touche Eclat foundations more. These foundations seem to give a bit more of a healthy "glow" (not oily, just some kind of healthy illumination to the skin) & this one falls a bit more flat.

That said, I understand as a BB cream it is not supposed to be a foundation, but more of a primer...but given most people use them as foundations, I thought I'd comment on how it works for that purpose.

on 8/17/2013 8:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Wow. I've tried some drugstore brands (terrible) and Clinique BB cream, and this is so much better. I love the tube, very easy to use the product, and easy for on the go. Using my fingers, I saw no lines and it went on smoothly.

This is thicker than my liquid foundations, so I did feel like I used more of this than my normal foundation. It is very buildable and you can build up to a medium coverage. It has a soft dewy look, but not shiny or oily. Blurs imperfections REALLY well. Lasts well all day, maybe just one extra application if hot or sweaty. Moisturizes really well. Can't say enough good things about it.

Great product for weekends or vacations when you don't want to do the whole big routine but still look flawless.

on 8/17/2013 9:46:00 AM

I've been on MUA for years getting helpful reviews and tips on many products. I'm writing this review because of how horrible this product is.

I have made no changes to my regular skin care/make up regimen, except for this product. I bought and tried it out once I got home Wednesday night, washed my face. Woke up Thursday morning, used it with my regular makeup routine. By the end of Thursday, Friday morning, I had red spots/bumps all over my lower cheek and forehead. As of the time now, writing this review, the spots are still there. Suffice to say I will be returning this product ASAP. Very disappointed.

on 8/3/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Where do I start with this review!?!? Too Faced tinted BB cream completely changed my mind about BB creams. I was never really into the idea of a BB cream or any "multi-use" face creams because my skin is so sensitive. This, however, has become a staple in my everyday face routine.

Application: I start with Too Faced oil free primer, let that set for a minute, then apply a small amount of Too Faced BB cream to the back of my hand. I work this product in with my hands and apply it directly to my skin. I find it settles right into my acne scars and fine lines much better than with a brush. Once that's on and set, I move on to my foundation and concealer - which I also apply with my (clean) fingers, only blending out with a brush if needed. This might seem like a lot of product, but because the BB cream over the primer is so light and absorbent; it sinks right into your skin, leaving a light amount of coverage with a beautiful, natural glow under your foundation - allowing you to use less foundation and concealer. The end result is a flawless, glowing complexion with a satin-matte finish that stays for hours.

For reference, here are my daily go to face products I use alongside this BB cream, in order of the application.

Primer: Too Faced Oil Free Primed & Poreless
BB Cream: Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm in Linen Glow
Foundation: - MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW20 mixed with a dab of MAC Pro Longwear in NC25 (NW by itself is too neutral for my warm skin tone)
Corrector: Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque
(a little too light for my medium skin at the moment)
Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20 (under the eyes only)
Set Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Plus
Contour/Warmth: Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Skincare Routine (for reference): Proactiv Gentle Formula (with exfoliating gloves)

Using this routine on my combination skin (my skin is everything - oily, dry, acne-prone AND sensitive) truly makes my skin look flawless. And I'm someone who suffered from extreme cystic acne for years along with the scarring it left behind. My Aunt, who I hadn't seen in about a year, even commented on how beautiful I looked when she saw me recently. I wish I had known this combination of products for my wedding last year!

If you're wondering why I wear a ton of other face products, since I cover up the BB cream itself, it's because this BB cream gives a glow to the skin that I've never been able to achieve with other face products. Even under 3 layers of products, it gives the skin a completely even pigment and glows through the rest of my face products.

I bought mine on Amazon, but I didn't get it for any cheaper than I would have if I bought it from Ulta or Sephora. I think it retails for about $34, and it is worth every penny.

on 6/10/2013 7:58:00 PM

I got a sample of this from Sephora today and tried it right there in the store. Immediately after putting it on, my face turned blotchy and red. I had to remove it ASAP. I have seborrheic dermititis of the scalp (eczema, basically) but nowhere else so I don't know if my skin is just super sensitive to things because of that or what, but this was terrible. If you want a good tinted moisturizer/BB then I recommend Tarte BB Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer. If you want to read my review of that product, look at my reviews.

on 6/5/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I have this in both nude glow & beach glow. My shade match in Mac is an NC42. In Makeup Forever, I use the HD foundation in shade 152. Both shades work for me but Beach Glow is a touch darker than nude glow and has visible bronzy shimmer. I prefer Beach Glow because it makes my skin look healthy/radiant but believe it is being discontinued.

I was looking for a yellow tone tinted moisturizer with skin care benefits and that is basically what this is. This Provides very light coverage just like a tinted moisturizer. It does oxidize but not so much where i find it a very noticable problem.

My skin is very oily and acne prone and I haven't had any adverse sideeffects using this product. I do not put any moisturizer underneath this product. I use this as my moisturizer and use a powder on top of it for a bit more coverage and to take away the shine. The plastic squeeze tube container is convient.

I have been wearing this for over a year, and have repurchased several times. I will continue to repurchase untill I find a something that is cheaper and paraben free, which are my main gripes about the product.

on 5/8/2013 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite BB creams. It is incredibly hydrating and makes you look glowy and radiant. I love the SPF but wish it provides just a little bit more coverage. Still, the coverage is adequate for a BB cream and can be enhanced with a little bit of concealer. I am NC30 and I bought Cream Glow and it's just a little bit too dark, but not enough to be obvious. Plus, it's easier to get good coverage out of products just a little darker than too light. UPDATE: Upon using this more, I realized that this has more coverage than most BB creams and enough for me not to need a concealer. I can just set it with a powder and go.

on 4/25/2013 5:54:00 AM

I purchased this bb cream over a year ago and I loved it. Now idk I have a love/ hate relationship with it... I love the coverage and feel of the cream but it's the shimmer that bugs me :/ I think those with drier skin that want a dewy glow would like this. Combo/ oily will probably get annoyed at the overwhelming amount of shimmer in it. If they had a formulation without shimmer I'd stock up for sure but until then, I'm still looking for my hg bb cream!