Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 3/20/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I'm the type of woman who will not leave the house without at least foundation on....as my skin is rubbish....its dry...tiny bit oily in the usual t zone....and a few yrs ago just to make it worse. ...I got adult acne...yay! So I wear the fullest cover foundation that agrees with my skin....vichy dermablend ....in nude! This has been my foundation go to for years....but now my acne is not as horrific as it was due to medication. ...its still drier then ever and I have been left with red scars all over my chin area...rest of skin clear but bit dry!
So I decided it was time for a change and I got this wake me up foundation .....knowing it wasn't full cover but I don't need full cover all over...just on my chin!
I love this make up its like a dupe for mac sculpt (which broke me out sadly)....this is lighter coverage but builds up to a meduim cover...but still don't cover my reddish scars aswell as I'd like...so I had an idea....all I need is full cover on my chin....so I used a little of my vichy dermablend mixed in with a bit of this wake me up foundation and got full cover on just my chin....nude and true ivory are so close in colour. ..so I use dermablend as a consealer too....and also have dermablend in opal which is one shade up from nude...I use that to highlight and conseal darker marks....but I get to wear this fab foundation all over with added coverage on just my skin. ...and best thing about it....is its lightly moisturising for dry skin....and has vitamin c in it!
So any girls reading this who have dry acne prone or acne scarred skin who think they have to wear the fullest cover foundation....you don't. ...use this and your full cover (because you'll have both in similar colours).....just on areas you need it most....its better for rest of your skin to breath! If you have any questions or want any advice....send me a message...cos no one's perfect and your not the only one with imperfect skin....I should know!:)

on 3/17/2015 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A good no frills foundation with light coverage and a satiny finish. I like to use it on days off or when I don't need to achieve a polished look. Easy to blend, decent range of shades, it's usually on offer in one of the drugstores, so can't really moan value for money. Considering how easy it is to get it wrong even when buying high end foundations with a much more expensive price tag, I think it's handy to have it in your stash. Personally I also like to use it to correct some shades that are too pale for my skin. Overall, one of the best drugstore foundations.

on 3/17/2015 12:23:00 PM

I love this product! This is the perfect foundation for an easy day. It's very light, bendable, and you can build it up easily. What I love most about this foundation is the way it feels after I put it on. It does not feel heavy, and my skin feels renewed and healthy. Now, it does not cover as much as I want, but it does leave the skin looking very natural. I do not need to powder my face (just the T-zone).

on 3/13/2015 11:30:00 AM

My first review so here it goes!

I am a worshipper of bb creams especially Dr Jart silver label. This is because I didn't want to use a foundation as I thought it would clog my pores, cake my face up and seem very obvious. So bb creams (the real deal Korean ones) were my pick. I have a habit of heavily moisturising my skin before putting on any bb cream as it would last long.
That was all good until Rimmel wake me up popped in. At the age of 23, I decided to buy my first foundation as I find Korean bb creams really expensive and also drying. My criteria for a foundation was as follows:
1. light - medium coverage as I have an okay skin so I was not looking for something too heavy. Rimmel is amazing because the coverage is buildable so you can customise it.
2. sanitary packaging - bb creams in tubes were not great so the rimmel pump is amazing.
3. a nice finish; not glowy nor dry - bb creams made my skin have an inner glow, like when you are trully happy and healthy from within. Rimmel is equally beautiful in its finish. I feel so confident and sure of myself. Somesay that it is shimmery but so far, I haven not noticed any shine on my face.
4. natural look - if there is one thing I hate, it is cakiness. Rimmel gives such an effortless finish and that too with just using your fingers! I am no makeup junkie so brushes and other tools are useless on me but omg Rimmel is so easy to use. I only need one pump on my finger and I spot my whole face with the cream and blend blend blend. It blends so effortlesly.
5. Price - I got it for £5 so I couldn't be happier. It is much better than any expensive Korean bb crams that I have used and does so so much more than them in my opinion.

For reference, I have a dry skin with an oily T zone.
I never ever review products but this has imprssed me so much that I had to review it!

on 3/9/2015 3:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

When I first bought this foundation it was amazing, perfect color match, but after a while of using it, it really broke me out and it made me very oily and it would tend to shift during the day. When I would eat a meal it would just come off completely around my mouth and sink into my laugh lines. Especially being for school and not looking in the mirror by the time I came home it was visible that I was wearing makeup so to this foundation I would give it a 2/5

on 2/15/2015 3:44:00 AM

Good foundation, nice smell, good coverage. It was perfect for me until they stopped selling the lighter shades at the boots in Brighton? I searched all the high street stores and I can only find the darker shades.

on 2/14/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I started liking this foundation as it is very good value for money and very brightening. When first applied I like it. It illuminates the skin and looks fairly natural and fresh however this just melted off of my skin so quickly. It also has reflective particles in it to give the radiant finish however this just looks like you have a face covered in glitter at some points. I have kept this as it would work well on dry skin I think and if my skin type were to become less oily then this might work. Just be careful in harsh light it can look too sparkly.

Love this foundation! The coverage is medium, but it's buildable and has a little bit of shimmer, but they're always not visible. I have a dry skin and use this in shade 201 Classic Beige and this is perfect for me! It wakes you up if you wonder. It doesn't feel oily for me, but a lot of people says it does for them. It can last for about 9-10 hours, and it's my all time fave foundation!

on 2/9/2015 12:12:00 PM

I like this better than my Skin 79 Hot Pink BB cream which I thought I would never stray from. I got this in true ivory which is a perfect match for me. My first impression of this was that it felt heavy, greasy and a bit difficult to spread for a medium coverage foundation after a week of trial I started to love it.

This foundation is best applied with fingers. The formula actually works really well with the harsh dry Canadian winters. I have combination dry skin and flaking around my nose and most foundations looks horrid as the pigments starts collecting in the dry and flaky areas except for this one which is AMAZING. With dry harsh cold winds that hurt my face this foundation acts like a shield...it doesn't feel heavy or greasy under those conditions, it's the perfect winter foundation.

Don't let the glittery particles deter you because I was originally horrified by it too when I took a swatch on my hand but it's actually very subtle and non traceable on the face.

This foundation wears through out a 6 hrs day no problem, no patchy-ness at all. I've also worn it up to 13 hrs but by that point it looks and feels greasy. I wouldn't make this my spring/ summer/ fall foundation though I don't thinks it's going to work well year round.

on 1/30/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was using this product for a long time but few weeks ago I started don't like this product because foundation is quite heavy and after 1 hour my face looked patchy(if this is even a word) in some areas i just looked orange I dont know why it just started to look like that maybe the foundation was out of expire date but happyly today bought a new foundation "maybelline dream matte mousse" going to try this out:)