October 1, 2014 | 1314 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Dream Lumi Touch

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

Dream Lumi is described as concealer, however I believe the true description should be "highlighting concealer".

The true aim for the Dream Lumi in my opinion - is brightening and face highlighting. I believe the shades it comes with are a bit too bright (even for those with pale skin) to be used as a concealer to cover blemishes and spots.

Packaging: it comes in this pencil-concealer shape with a squeezing mechanism in it that pushes the product up through a mini brush at the end. I hate the brush though - it has such stiff and hard bristles (in comparison to my other high-end products of a similar use) that I find if I would actually use it to apply the product, I would scratch my gentle and thin under-eye skin badly.

Texture: Dream Lumi has this actually quite pigmented and thick formulation, one needs a very tiny bit of a product for a needed highlighting effect.

Use: personally I find this product works best to brighten up the under-eye bags (after corrector) to give that well-rested look to the skin, whereas you might not sleep at all. It would be also great when applied to the high points of the face, like cheekbones, cupid's bow, bridge of the nose..so on.

I was debating whether to put Yes/No on re-purchasing this one. I believe the rich pigmentation of the Dream Lumi will make it last for a year if not more. There might be new products to try out on the makeup market, so probably that says Dream Lumi is not a HG product for me! Yet it is very affordable and look great when buffed out carefully. 4/5

For more in-depth reviews on other great makeup products head here: http://thepartyparrot.wix.com/partyparrotblog

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product at Walmart last year when I was experimenting with highlighting and contouring. This product came recommended as a good budget option for this purpose. If I remember correctly, I was able to purchase this for around $5 or $6 - not super cheap, but still reasonable for a drugstore brand.

The packaging quality isn't luxe or anything, as to be expected, but I quite liked the design, not only for storage purposes in my makeup bag, but for application purposes as well. It's like a pen with a brush at the end, which is great for precision. There's a dial at the bottom to twist in order to get the product out. I did have to be careful not to twist too much and flood the applicator brush with product, though.

The formula is light and kind of a thin cream. It has light catching pigments that deliver on the promise of a luminous finish. I was nervous about this when trying it, because I was worried it could be too shimmery, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was also easy to blend. I applied it above my cheekbones and into my under eye area as a highlighter, after applying a thicker concealer over my dark circles. Because I used it as a highlighter, I chose a shade lighter than my skintone. I forget what shade that was - I just guessed and it worked out.

This worked really well as a highlighting concealer, especially for a glowy makeup look that uses other products with subtle shimmer. I wouldn't use it purely for covering up dark circles - it would not provide enough coverage. In the end, I decided that after experimentation that the full blown HAC approach to makeup isn't really the look I am going for, so I did not repurchase. However, this is a decent, inexpensive product that delivers on its promises, even if it's not a good fit for my own personal use.

I would definitely recommend this product to someone who likes the HAC makeup look regardless of budget. For this reason I give it a 4.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by KitKatKali

! I love the packinjng! I use this for dark circles and blemishes. It covers pretty well but not completely. It didn't seem to crease to bad, as I have a weird line under my eyes. It didn't seem to " brighten " my skin as other had said, but it feels light and not packy. 4/5 for this product. Love it:)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

This is amazing at covering my underye circles! I can especially tell the difference it makes on nights where I have little sleep. After swiping this under my eyes and blending with a brush, the dark circles are almost invisible! That's the only area of my face I can use it for, because it's too thin to conceal any real blemishes or pimples. However the lightweight formula makes it perfect for concealing my dark circles.

My only complaint is that sometimes the bottom twisting mechanism doesn't work, and I over-twist it and too much product comes onto the brush. Also I'm unsure about how hygienic the brush is because I don't think I can actually clean it with a cleansing solution or soap/water.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by amgreen2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this concealer! I use the "Radiant" shade on my undereye circles. Blends really well and makes my eyes look so much brighter. The packaging is ok, it come with a brush attached which obviously can't be cleaned but I don't usually use this for blending. I use the brush to swipe on the concealer then blend with my own brush/sponge that can be washed. Great drugstore concealer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh, Dream Lumi Touch. You were so full of light, hope and promise. When I first put you on top of my very dark circles, I knew that I was giving you a serious challenge, and did not expect you to cover them completely. Of course, you were unable to, but on the other hand...you brought a light to my face, and somehow, without totally covering the darkness, just made me look so much more...refreshed. I was so impressed with you.

But not ten minutes later, you were creased. I smoothed you out, and went about my day. An hour later when I checked back, you were creased again.

I'm just not sure I have the patience to constantly check my reflection to make sure that you haven't creased every few minutes, no matter how good you make me look in between creasings.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by PinkSugar18

seriously in LOVE with this product! I have tried mac, benefit, glamoflauge, bobbi brown for under my eyes and nothing seems to work. I apply this after a bb cream and it is amazing and no under eye dark circles! Wont be using anything else for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Stevierose44

I have been using this for over a year and it is AMAZING. I have really bad skin and I hate wearing foundation because it makes my face look and feel so greasy. I use this to cover everything. Redness, pimples, dark spots you name it. It not only provides amazing coverage but it lightens up the discoloration and leaves my skin looking almost porcelain-pore less and glowing. It blends perfectly and doesn't leave you feeling caked with makeup. I love it and probably won't ever use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

I was introduced to this by the YouTube gurus who were raving about this product.
And I'm so glad I bought it!! It's my go to under eye highlighter. It brightens my under eye circles better than my YSL touché éclat! It doesn't conceal as well as my MAC pro concealer. But I don't care this is the best under eye highlighter ever! I just have to apply a little powder on top because it makes my masacra smudge a little.
Also, I apply a little on the bridge of my nose as a highlighter when I can't get to my benefit high beam.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by oneskyred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this for under my eyes. Working long shifts I often get quite large and dark circles under my eyes! But this is reflecting and hides them well. It does however crease - but maybe I just need a better under-eye primer! Would not recommend for use on spots, makes them a little shiny and a bit too obvious.