March 1, 2015 | 1056 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sonia4szehwa

Not the best product in the world, but it sure does its job as a lip stain. I got the Red Passion, and it doesn't go on evenly, easily smudged (by me ><) and well it's not that good of a product to cut things short.

However if you're looking for a night out without constantly having to reapply colour on your lips, this is the thing! It stains your lips, no moisturising properties whatsoever

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Does it last 10 hours? Of course not. But if you don't eat or drink, it will stain your lips for a few hours. There is nothing glossy about this product; it fact it is on the dry side but I prefer that and think that aids in its staying power. I have the Luxurious Lilac shade and think it compliments by dark skin tone perfectly. It goes on like a deep plum color ( a lot darker than it looks in the tube) I plan to stock up on these just in case this is discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i'm actually super impressed with this product! Unlike other "24 hour" or "longwear" lipsticks/stains, this isn't dry or flakey. It's super moisturizing and glossy, yet very pigmented. I purchased the color "Lustrious Lilac" as I've been on a purple lip frenzy lately , and I couldn't be happier with my choice! I love that I can use this alone or over lipstick. Today I paired it with Maybelline's Vivid Lipstick in "Brazen Berry" and it's absolutely gorgeous. It really lasts a long time, too! Definitely purchasing more of these.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Don't waste your money on these! I bought the shade fresh fuschia, as I love bold lippies! The color applies patchy and uneven and the formula feels weird to say the least. It starts out as a thin lip gloss with lots of shine, but within 30 seconds it dries to a stain which was very drying compared to others in this price range. Didn't last long at all- maybe an hour before it feathered away. I promptly returned this (bear in mind I RARELY return cosmetics) and urge others to stay away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I am so impressed with these and I don't even like lip glosses!
I've got 3 of these, a pink, a red and a fucsia, and they are all lovely.
These really do last! I have tried and tested them through drinks and dinner, and after all that the colour was still there, not as bright as when you first apply it of course, but like it says, a stain. The stain is even though, unlike lots of other stains that get really patchy or form a ring round your lips.
When you first apply it, the colours are bright and glossy. On me, even if I have a drink (not if I eat though), the gloss stays on for quite a while and feels a bit tacky/ waxy but not like a regular gloss, I'd say similar to using Carmex. I'm surprised at reviewers saying this isn't glossy, on me it really is.
When it finally does wear off and the stain remains, I found it's best to apply a little bit of lip balm every once in a while, otherwise the stain can be a bit drying (my lips are quite dry though). This also makes sure the colour stays on for even longer.
I like that you can build these up, putting on one sheerer layer or going over your lips twice for full colour payoff. Makes them versatile - office to after work drinks? No problem!
I'm not a huge fan of the little spongy applicator, because application is not very quick as in, you can't just slap it on and go because it would be a mess. But with a little patience - I'm talking a minute maximum! - you can apply it very precisely and get sharp lines on your lipline.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by klhelder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Super Stay in "Berry Heavenly" was a desperation purchase when visiting a low-key friend who suddenly wanted to get her swerve on (yay!). It looks great on, but it is matte once it dries (which it has to in order to "colorstay.") It also allows you to adjust your color with more layers of application, which is always nice with a stain. I really like the application brush as well, it helps keep the color even. Application suggestions:
- Don't try to stain if your lips are dry or chapped, as the color will get caught in the cracks and look gnarly.
- You will need chapstick or a gloss over it to protect the color and keep your lips moisturized.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Long wearing lipgloss my ass! I bought the Pleasing Plum color and it was completely gone within an hour (I will admit that I did drink water and eat a little...but still WTF)! This is going right back to the store tomorrow. I wouldn't recommend this at all :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by kcob930

I bought this in Refreshing Red and I like it a lot. It is not a gloss as advertised, but I am totally fine with that as I prefer to apply stain followed by chapstick or balm for a more natural look. What I like about this stain is that it is not of the clearish/ gel texture variety. It gives a more opaque coverage and I would say it is sort of a cross between long wear liquid lipstick and a stain. If I apply one layer I get a nice wash of color that looks natural and pretty (I have fairly pale lips naturally). I apply two to three coats I can get that dramatic red lip look, which looks pretty and doesn't come off on drinks, your teeth, etc. It is not moisturizing, so I usually add chapstick once dry or a gloss if I am going for glamour.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the dark purpley colour (can't tell the name, the writing rubbed off the tube) and I'm happy to say I never have to retouch during the day (unless I eat or drink). I bought it in the summer and even now without my tan, despite the gothic look it gives, it's a really flattering, classy colour that I can wear day or night. I love the fruity smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After Loreal discontinued Infallable plumping gloss I am searching for a new one that stays on my lips, which get dry. This product is not glossy at all and REALLY made my lips dry and flake. It's too bad because I liked the color, a deep pink. Will not repurchase.