April 21, 2014 | 1425 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by kcob930

I bought this in Refreshing Red and I like it a lot. It is not a gloss as advertised, but I am totally fine with that as I prefer to apply stain followed by chapstick or balm for a more natural look. What I like about this stain is that it is not of the clearish/ gel texture variety. It gives a more opaque coverage and I would say it is sort of a cross between long wear liquid lipstick and a stain. If I apply one layer I get a nice wash of color that looks natural and pretty (I have fairly pale lips naturally). I apply two to three coats I can get that dramatic red lip look, which looks pretty and doesn't come off on drinks, your teeth, etc. It is not moisturizing, so I usually add chapstick once dry or a gloss if I am going for glamour.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the dark purpley colour (can't tell the name, the writing rubbed off the tube) and I'm happy to say I never have to retouch during the day (unless I eat or drink). I bought it in the summer and even now without my tan, despite the gothic look it gives, it's a really flattering, classy colour that I can wear day or night. I love the fruity smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After Loreal discontinued Infallable plumping gloss I am searching for a new one that stays on my lips, which get dry. This product is not glossy at all and REALLY made my lips dry and flake. It's too bad because I liked the color, a deep pink. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by satellite99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in Pink Plush because I was looking for a cheaper alternative to YSL Glossy Stains. It seems to last as long or slightly longer than YSL but it also drier making it less of a gloss, just a stain (as has been already noted by other reviewers). I use it as a base under a more moisturizing lipstick or gloss just to keep a color on my lips longer and it does the job pretty well in terms of staying power but I'd never where this alone - too drying. Wish there was a lighter and more neutral shade but they all seem to run pretty dark. There is a fruity taste which I don't like. The doe foot applicator is smaller than the YSL and has a hole in the middle where the product sinks in but doesn't make it go on any better than the usual flat kind. The clear cover that is supposed to represent the color of the stain is a very rough estimate and generally much lighter than the actual product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrow

I have this product in 5 colours (coral, ruby, lilac, brown, and mauve) because I really like it, especially for the price. They really aren't a gloss, though. I love the applicator; it's the first stain I've had that I have applied with the brush, not my finger. I don't have to worry about how it looks because it fades evenly and prettily. A good range of true colours: the brown is brown, not brownish pink; the lilac is purple, not fuchsia.
Downsides: not glossy/shimmery, and it's hard to tell what the colour is really going to look like because there're no testers and the plastic lid is just an estimate.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by faeriesmak2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are ok. I like the fruit punch scent and the texture. I also enjoy the applicator. I can't stand stains in the pen. They always stop working on me. The color selection is terrible. I bought the lightest ones that they make and they are quite dark...a lot darker than you would think that they would be by the cap color. They last forever on the hands but not very long on the lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Dekilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the Luxurious Lilac. I was looking for a purple lip color and this was the closest I could find. Most of the colors I find tend to be more red or burgundy purples.

I like the color once I get it on well. However, it fades quickly and tends to go on unevenly. I have to actually spend some time applying.

The applicator is not that great. It is kind of wide on my lips and picks up the color unevenly. I think a better applicator might make it wear more evenly.

I love the color, but the fast wear and uneven staining will probably keep me from buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by kmil89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Pink Plush, love the color. But I personally wouldn't consider this a lipstain. More of a colored/pigmented lip gloss/temp. color. I was highly disappointed after using this product. Will not buy, ever again. Waste of money, I don't understand how it's getting good reviews...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I chose the color Berry Heavenly 120. I love the color, I love how bold it goes on, it smells GREAT, and feels nice on the lips initially. As time goes on it is drying on me, and the color ends up becoming patchy, despite not eating or drinking very much, or being careful.

I do like it with a clear balm or gloss on top, which helps with the patchy-ness issue. The product that gets compared to this item sometimes are the YSL glossy stains. I have a peach color from that line, and I can honestly say that while the YSL does evenly stain your lips and doesn't become patchy, it doesn't last as long as the Maybelline. The only issue I have with Maybelline is the patchy-ness but I am willing to deal with that considering I like everything else about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by xonicquiiixo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first lip stain. I figured I would try it because I hated the Color of my gloss fading or how my long hair would stick into the gloss if the wind blew it in my face but this dries nicely so that problem is gone. I have the berry heavenly shade and it isn't that much darker than shown. I love it BUT it can look uneven and clumpy on my lips. If you apply it very heavily you will experience that. Overall I like it. I would recommend it, but do not buy if you expect it to last the ten hours. Nothing ever really does that.