Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

3.5

on 10/17/2013 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I enjoy the color of this product quite a bit. However, there is far more glitter than necessary. I can feel it on my lips, and that's just not cute. I'm not into shimmery lip products anyway, so huge chunky glitter is not really my thing. It's unfortunate because I do like the color, like I said. I still wear this product, but I won't repurchase.

on 10/17/2013 12:33:00 AM

Girls for this particular lipstick use a lip brush and you will see totally different result. When i first bought it i wasn't impressed at all plus it has lots of glitter.. I stopped using it untill one day applied with lip brush and it changed my opinion about this lipstick. Now on my lips color looks very natural peachy-pink with just a little bit of shimmer. I just love this shade, once again dont use it from the bullet but with the lip brush.

I purchased 4 lip butters in this seasons lip butter Christmas gift set for $45NZ which is pretty great since these are $22 individually in New Zealand! I'd heard great things about these lip butters so I thought why not buy the pack! It came with the shades "peach parfait" "lollipop" "candy apple" & "berry smoothie"

Peach Parfait is the ONLY colour/lip butter that I have a problem with. It is FULL of chunky pieces of glitter. Two of the other shades are also glittery but it's very very fine glitter that you can't feel when you apply it to your lips. My issue with the glitter in peach parfait is the fact that it makes your lips feel so rough every time you press them together. I want smooth silky lips. Not impressed! The colour is lovely though so if you don't mind glitter or roughness on your lips then you may find yourself loving it!

on 10/5/2013 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is such a pretty nude peach shade that make your lips look extra full. I have to say this isn't as moisturizing than the other lip butters because of the glitter.

I have to say that because it's such a nice color, warm but not too warm and great as a bronze beachy look I can deal with the glitter. If I don't find anything better I will definitely repurchase. I'm a big fan of glitter, but I have to say the problem with this lipstick is that the glitters stay after the rest of the color is gone and that's quite annoying.

on 9/19/2013 10:58:00 PM

MY MOST REACHED FOR LIP PRODUCT.
it's the perfect MLBB shade for my nc25 skin.
the only downside is that it is not really moisturizing, and i also hate the packaging.it's too messy. as some of the product is always stuck on the tip and it's hard to clean them out.
i also find it very soft and buttery, too soft sometimes, however with gentle use, this shouldn't be a problem.
overall, great shade, and will repurchase

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Sadly, this is my favorite shade of the Revlon Lip Butters but it is chock-full of GLITTER! Now, I usually don't mind a bit of shimmer but this one feels gritty on the lips, and when the color wears off all that is left is a ton of glitter... This is my favorite shade too! My next favorite shade..Berry Smoothie, also has tons of glitter. The rest of the shades, wonderful texture, but I just don't get a long with the colors. Ugh.

on 9/19/2013 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like the color, I love the lip butter line... I HATE GLITTER!!

When I bought this I thought it would be a good nude color for everyday wear and some moisture. But NO NO NO!! The glitter actually hurts...

The chunky glitter in any product is a major turn off for me and this is no exception... I am sorry revlon but This one is a miss :(

on 9/19/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this lip butter because I generally like peach colored lip products, and heard good things about the revlon lip butters in general.

The good: non drying, the color

The bad: the GLITTER! This lip color is loaded with chunky gold glitter. Now I love frosty, shimmery lips, but this is like a nice shiny peachy-pink that is ruined by the chunks of glitter. It looks like craft glitter used on posters in elementary school. I can actually feel the grains of glitter on my lips.

I gave 3/5 because I do like the formula, I will probably purchase more lip butters in different shades with no glitter.

on 8/28/2013 1:57:00 PM

Sheer tints of pretty colours like a lip gloss, but moisturizing like a balm, not sticky. This feels really nice on the lips, not drying. Even after the gloss is gone, there is still some colour. I haven't had any colour bleeding with the 5 colours I bought. Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle are my favourites, but I bought an extra Peach Parfait so I would never be without this colour. It's a nude, but prettier. Don't be deceived by the orangey container. Bought on sale for $4.97 CDN, it was a very good buy.

on 8/23/2013 6:32:00 PM

This is my second Lip Butter my 1st being Pink Truffle. I like this colour because it's not what I think is a typical peach. Peach is a colour that usually just never looks good on me. Blushes yes, lip colour not so much. So I took a risk getting this one but I thought why not CVS has a good return policy. Well the colour is almost a burnt pinky, peach with gold sparkles. The sparkles do not bother me one bit and I find the formula very smooth and buttery like my other one. On my NW20 fair complexion,green eyes, blonde hair it's almost a MLBB. Not quite and I think what let's me wear this colour is the fact that it does have a lot of pink in it. On my lips it looks really nice,instantly brightens my skin, and I love how these feel on my lips.

So peach Parfait is definitely a winner for me. I think this could work on a lot of skin tones depending on how much colour you like on your lips. Darker skin tones could even use this as a gloss. I might try it over one of my Tarte LipSurgence to see how it looks. For the price I think it's worth it. They last are nice on the lips and to me it's not crazy sparkly at all. I also don't feel the glitter. I kept rubbing my lips together trying to feel it but I can't. Smooth,buttery, and beautiful! Luv it:) Recommended!