July 29, 2014 | 2092 users online

Lips - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my second Lip Butter my 1st being Pink Truffle. I like this colour because it's not what I think is a typical peach. Peach is a colour that usually just never looks good on me. Blushes yes, lip colour not so much. So I took a risk getting this one but I thought why not CVS has a good return policy. Well the colour is almost a burnt pinky, peach with gold sparkles. The sparkles do not bother me one bit and I find the formula very smooth and buttery like my other one. On my NW20 fair complexion,green eyes, blonde hair it's almost a MLBB. Not quite and I think what let's me wear this colour is the fact that it does have a lot of pink in it. On my lips it looks really nice,instantly brightens my skin, and I love how these feel on my lips.

So peach Parfait is definitely a winner for me. I think this could work on a lot of skin tones depending on how much colour you like on your lips. Darker skin tones could even use this as a gloss. I might try it over one of my Tarte LipSurgence to see how it looks. For the price I think it's worth it. They last are nice on the lips and to me it's not crazy sparkly at all. I also don't feel the glitter. I kept rubbing my lips together trying to feel it but I can't. Smooth,buttery, and beautiful! Luv it:) Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm usually very hesitant to buy anything called "peach" because it conjures up images of that sickly yellow-orange color that you see with drawings of peaches. This was a gift-with-purchase, otherwise I wouldn't never had tried it. I'm glad I did. The color is not that drawing-peach, but more reddish-orange like the inside of a peach near the pit. It makes for a nice shimmery tint on my lips that isn't sticky or heavy.

The downsides are that the texture is a little gritty because of the glitter, and it doesn't last very long but needs frequent reapplying. But overall it's a great product and I would definitely repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by expensivepink92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Peach Parfait is a medium peachy shade that applies very sheer on the lips. It must be built up in order to get good coverage and color payoff. Unfortunately, this lip butter has large pieces of glitter that give it a gritty consistency. The glitter particles are far too large for a lip product in my opinion, and for me this prevents me from wanting to use this product at all. Unless you are looking for a sheer wash of color and very obvious glitter, I would not recommend this product.

I have enjoyed the other creamy/matte finished lip butters that I have tried, but Peach Parfait is terrible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I use this more then any other lip item I own. Coming from someone who owns 500+ lip items that says a lot. I'd have to say its as close to an HG lip color as I can get only because its going to be the first Lippie I've had to replace due to using it all up. I tend to use a ton of other shades but this is the one I always go for when I don't feel like digging. As far as the glitter everyone is mentioning I have to say it doesn't bother me a bit. I actually kind of like it more because of that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by dstar12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip butter is a fairly unique shade for a decent price. If you like MAC's lustre lipsticks (which happen to be my favourites), you will probably like this. It does much of the same thing: gives your lips some pretty but relatively sheer colour with a bit of shimmer. This colour is almost a peach version of Mac Viva Glam V, as they both have some gold shimmer. Peach Parfait's glitter is, however, less subtle. In any case, I'm looking forward to trying other (less glittery) shades.

Update: I've had this for about a month now and while I still like it, I've decided that the glitter makes it more of a going out shade than an everyday, going to work shade. There's just something about having gold glitter on my lips all day that makes me feel a bit silly and like I'm playing with kids makeup. As I said, though, this would look really nice for more of a special occasion/going out for dinner or something.

All in all, it's pretty but I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

I´ve bought this several times. It´s moisturizing, has nice scent and the color is beautiful, very natural, only adds a little shine to my pigmented lips. On me it doesn´t look very peachy, it looks more like a pinky-peachy gloss. Very good for natural make up. Cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a great lip product but it really too plain for me. It's very sheer, almost clear, hardly any pigment to it, but is very shimmery. It's very plain, and is basically like a too shimmery gloss. Probably wouldn't repurchase, would rather try out a different shade in the line.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by shengqix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is a fruit punch color with lots of shimmers in it. putting too much on makes your lips look like a disco ball but just a little will add great color and shine to your lips. looks very good in pictures! it gets a little sticky after a while

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think Peach Parfait looks beautiful on the lips, but you have to be prepared for the abrasiveness of the glitter. The soft, beige-peach definitely becomes three dimensional as the little sparkles catch the light, but so comfortable are the others in the range, this one doesn't seem quite up to scratch. It is a little scratchy.
Paired with a blue eye, or a slick of blue liner, this shade looks amazing. It's still better than a lot of lip products out there. It reminds me of the early Urban Decay lip products you used to get in those flat silver palettes along with Midnight Cowboy and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. I loved those, in the late 90s, early 00s. This tastes better, but has the same retro consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

I picked this up on a whim and I am not regretting it at all. The colour suits my tan skin well. It doesnt show up strong so its perfect for when you're going for a really natural look. At the same time, it adds a nice shimmer to your lips so you still look put together and not literally just rolled out of bed.

Some reviewers have complained about the glitter in this. I haven't tried the other lip butters so I can't comment on the texture of this but I think the glitter looks fine on this. I'm not usually a big fan of glitter and make sure to avoid blushes/creams with the disco ball effect. But I think the amount of glitter is fine for this. Without the glitter, this would look really flat on lips.

Overall a good product from revlon and I will definitely be trying out more colours!