Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

3.5

on 9/19/2013 10:58:00 PM

MY MOST REACHED FOR LIP PRODUCT.
it's the perfect MLBB shade for my nc25 skin.
the only downside is that it is not really moisturizing, and i also hate the packaging.it's too messy. as some of the product is always stuck on the tip and it's hard to clean them out.
i also find it very soft and buttery, too soft sometimes, however with gentle use, this shouldn't be a problem.
overall, great shade, and will repurchase

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Sadly, this is my favorite shade of the Revlon Lip Butters but it is chock-full of GLITTER! Now, I usually don't mind a bit of shimmer but this one feels gritty on the lips, and when the color wears off all that is left is a ton of glitter... This is my favorite shade too! My next favorite shade..Berry Smoothie, also has tons of glitter. The rest of the shades, wonderful texture, but I just don't get a long with the colors. Ugh.

on 9/19/2013 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like the color, I love the lip butter line... I HATE GLITTER!!

When I bought this I thought it would be a good nude color for everyday wear and some moisture. But NO NO NO!! The glitter actually hurts...

The chunky glitter in any product is a major turn off for me and this is no exception... I am sorry revlon but This one is a miss :(

on 9/19/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this lip butter because I generally like peach colored lip products, and heard good things about the revlon lip butters in general.

The good: non drying, the color

The bad: the GLITTER! This lip color is loaded with chunky gold glitter. Now I love frosty, shimmery lips, but this is like a nice shiny peachy-pink that is ruined by the chunks of glitter. It looks like craft glitter used on posters in elementary school. I can actually feel the grains of glitter on my lips.

I gave 3/5 because I do like the formula, I will probably purchase more lip butters in different shades with no glitter.

on 8/28/2013 1:57:00 PM

Sheer tints of pretty colours like a lip gloss, but moisturizing like a balm, not sticky. This feels really nice on the lips, not drying. Even after the gloss is gone, there is still some colour. I haven't had any colour bleeding with the 5 colours I bought. Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle are my favourites, but I bought an extra Peach Parfait so I would never be without this colour. It's a nude, but prettier. Don't be deceived by the orangey container. Bought on sale for $4.97 CDN, it was a very good buy.

on 8/23/2013 6:32:00 PM

This is my second Lip Butter my 1st being Pink Truffle. I like this colour because it's not what I think is a typical peach. Peach is a colour that usually just never looks good on me. Blushes yes, lip colour not so much. So I took a risk getting this one but I thought why not CVS has a good return policy. Well the colour is almost a burnt pinky, peach with gold sparkles. The sparkles do not bother me one bit and I find the formula very smooth and buttery like my other one. On my NW20 fair complexion,green eyes, blonde hair it's almost a MLBB. Not quite and I think what let's me wear this colour is the fact that it does have a lot of pink in it. On my lips it looks really nice,instantly brightens my skin, and I love how these feel on my lips.

So peach Parfait is definitely a winner for me. I think this could work on a lot of skin tones depending on how much colour you like on your lips. Darker skin tones could even use this as a gloss. I might try it over one of my Tarte LipSurgence to see how it looks. For the price I think it's worth it. They last are nice on the lips and to me it's not crazy sparkly at all. I also don't feel the glitter. I kept rubbing my lips together trying to feel it but I can't. Smooth,buttery, and beautiful! Luv it:) Recommended!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm usually very hesitant to buy anything called "peach" because it conjures up images of that sickly yellow-orange color that you see with drawings of peaches. This was a gift-with-purchase, otherwise I wouldn't never had tried it. I'm glad I did. The color is not that drawing-peach, but more reddish-orange like the inside of a peach near the pit. It makes for a nice shimmery tint on my lips that isn't sticky or heavy.

The downsides are that the texture is a little gritty because of the glitter, and it doesn't last very long but needs frequent reapplying. But overall it's a great product and I would definitely repurchase it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Peach Parfait is a medium peachy shade that applies very sheer on the lips. It must be built up in order to get good coverage and color payoff. Unfortunately, this lip butter has large pieces of glitter that give it a gritty consistency. The glitter particles are far too large for a lip product in my opinion, and for me this prevents me from wanting to use this product at all. Unless you are looking for a sheer wash of color and very obvious glitter, I would not recommend this product.

I have enjoyed the other creamy/matte finished lip butters that I have tried, but Peach Parfait is terrible.

on 7/29/2013 11:33:00 AM

I use this more then any other lip item I own. Coming from someone who owns 500+ lip items that says a lot. I'd have to say its as close to an HG lip color as I can get only because its going to be the first Lippie I've had to replace due to using it all up. I tend to use a ton of other shades but this is the one I always go for when I don't feel like digging. As far as the glitter everyone is mentioning I have to say it doesn't bother me a bit. I actually kind of like it more because of that.

on 7/20/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I´ve bought this several times. It´s moisturizing, has nice scent and the color is beautiful, very natural, only adds a little shine to my pigmented lips. On me it doesn´t look very peachy, it looks more like a pinky-peachy gloss. Very good for natural make up. Cheap.