April 23, 2014 | 1452 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love this product. I bought the color "Plush Plum". In the applicator, it actually looks quite dark, so I was afraid it would apply more like a lipstick, but no! It goes on pretty sheer, but still with noticeable, very pretty color. It's perfect for daytime/work. The sheen from it is really gorgeous, too. I love that it has shine but no glitter, as I am starting to hate glitter in lip products. Really happy with my purchase-I will probably go back and get some different colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by katiesloth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love the way this balm feels because it really does feel just like a regular lip balm, but with a good amount of sheer color. Great for everyday wear. I have several different colors and I haven't been disappointed with any of them.

However, I just saw the new "Versailles Romance" collection at Target and naturally I flipped out because all of the lip colors and nail polishes were lovely pastel shades--I finally settled on something wild and crazy..."Sundays by the Seine." The balm itself is PASTEL BLUE so I was really excited to put it on and let my inner soft grunge tumblr princess out, but I was mega disappointed by the total lack of color. Seriously. I put it on, and nothing. No color. I might as well have put on chapstick. So I kept layering it on, and still nothing. Eventually, after ~45 seconds of continuous application, I ended up looking like I had some sort of discharge all over my mouth, but it still wasn't blue.

Not really sure what they were going for with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This are great. I love them because they are glossy and creamy. I am in super in love with revlon lip butters, and I find this to be a nice equal. I have caramel comfort it's ammmmmmaaaZing! I think anyone could wear it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by poohbear9549

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite tinted lip balms. Though I love the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters, I believe that these two products shouldn't be compared since the Lip Butter are marketed as lipsticks while the L'Oreal ones are marketed as sheer balms.
The formula of these balms is very light and glossy. No film is left behind and wear is very comfortable. They also do not accentuate lip lines or flakiness. These are moisturizing to a certain extent. I took off one lippie because these could not replace a regular lip balm in my opinion.
Color ranges from sheer to semi-sheer. Caramel Comfort (#819) is a darker nude with gold shimmer. It is probably the most pigmented out of the ones I own. Pink Satin (#118) is a sheer baby pink. Rose Elixir (#218) is a pinky rose shade. It is a great MLBB color and it is my favorite out of the ones that I own. Caring Coral (#418) is a reddish coral blush color. Nourishing Nude (#818) is a medium tone brown. This color gives me a great pinky nude lip look, as it mostly mutes the redness of my lips. These seem to last anywhere from 1-2 hours. I recommend these to anyone who is looking for a lip balm, NOT a lipstick or lip color. If you are looking for a comfortable, light lip color, I recommend the Maybelline Color Whisper line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Rose Elixir. The colour is a fairly sheer pink, good for a natural look but a bit lacking if you're after a more vibrant colour. This is a nice product to wear on a very light makeup day. The texture is soft and smooth and is reasonably moisturizing, not thick and goopy like Revlon's lip butter. I definitely prefer this formula to Revlon's, and would like to try a deeper colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

Purchased this in Nourishing Nude. Love, love, love the color and moisturizing power. Makes my lips look beautiful. The only downside--tastes. kinda. gross.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by DariaDorota

I was looking to buy another Revlon Lip Butter but the Walgreens I went to didn't have the shade I wanted. I decided to check out the L'Oreal "equivalents" . I got the shade "180 Pink Satin". I'm super disappointed. Yes, it is very moisturizing, but there is no color pay off. It seemed like the perfect shade for me in the bullet.. It does not compare to Revlon lip butters at all. I will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by arnoldc5

I bought this product so that I could compare it to my beloved Revlon Lip Butters. I bought Colour Riche #418 in Caring Coral hoping for a beautiful pink/orange shade for the spring -- I have mixed feelings. I love that the product is very moisturizing and hydrating on my lips however, there is little to know color pay off/pigmentation in the balm itself.

I am obsessed with Revlon Lip Butter and was simply curious to try L'Oreal's response to Revlon. I would re-purchase this product again BUT I am going to try some of the more mauve-like colors to see if there is better color pay off.

In all honesty, this was an un-researched purchase, which I rarely do, and I think that the product wears well, just lacks pigmentation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by topni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is really trying for me for some reason. I hate to say but I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

While I adore Fresh Sugar Plum lip balm, at $22 a pop and lasting less than a month, I decided to try to find something that would produce similar results (soften my lips, which chap easily, and give a little bit of pop). The CVS on the corner was having a BOGO on L'Oreal lip products, so I picked up Comforting Caramel and Nourishing Nude.

I really like these. The color is there but subtle (similar to FSP balm in that it just adds a hint of color) and so far seems to be very moisturizing and longer lasting than the FSP balm. I don't detect any sparkle or glitter (another reason I loved the FSP balm, no glittery effect). I put it on about 4 hours ago and haven't had to reapply it and my lips feel moist and soft.

Although not as great as FSP balm, at one-third the price, I'm willing to make a little bit of a sacrifice. I do intend to pick up the Berry color of this product just to see how the color compares to FSP but, as of right now, I'm kicking FSP to the curb in favor of L'Oreal's Colour Riche Balm, what with similar results and the ability to get 3 for the price of 1 FSP.

Maybe drugstore products aren't so bad after all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No