April 17, 2014 | 960 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara (2011)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by VeronicaHager

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was expecting more from Maybelline, I swear by the one of the Great Lash classic mascara (I'm not sure which one I just know the design, I lost it, hence why I got this one) and I was disapointed. It did make my eye lashes look longer but not AS long as It said, and I like the full look and this did not make them look full at all. It takes me about 5 minutes to apply this one because it groups my eye lashes together.. This one is just not for me. Personally, I'd just stick to the basics!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Lovejulianna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because my eye lashes are light colored, they don't have much volume, and are pretty short.. I was hoping this mascara would make them look longer (and better overall).. Sadly this product was a disappointment.
This mascara makes my eye lashes hard and dry. Veryy unnatural looking. Overall, it went on like globby paint. I cant even do more then two swipe because it built up on my lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, this mascara will lengthen your lashes. It will make it look spidery and dry. While I appreciate the length, I usually have to layer another formula over it just to add some wetness and volume to it. More trouble than it's worth, really.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by kikidoll27

I really like this product! My friend gave me this because she didn't like it, so I wasn't expecting to like it either. But I do! I really, really like it! But I find I have to curl my lashes for it to look good, otherwise it's just flat looking. Also, the brush isn't my favorite...but aside from that, it's good. Oh, and when you get splashed by water you're sweating or something like that, this runs like heck. But I still really like it... I don't know if I would repurchase, my guess is yes, but I like trying out new stuff. This isn't HG material, but it's still really good.
UPDATE: Every time I wear this, something gets in my eyes. I finallyattributed it this. Whenever I wear this, the false fibers fall into my eyes and cause a horrible annoyence. This mascara just isn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Umthisisawkward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it looked promising and I was somewhat right. Im not really thrilled with alot of maybelline products especially their mascaras now. (I used to be a maybelline junkie haha) I liked the way the brush looked but when I actually applied it to my lashes, it didn't separate them and basically bunched my lashes up together. Thats a mascara no no. The formula looked so really cakey and gross. The only reason Im giving it 3 stars because it didn't smudge after working 6 hours as a waitress in a hot restaurant . I would recommend it for beginners.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ElectricBluee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to trial this mascara. I don't know if it was the cute packaging or the promising advertisements, but whatever it was, it reallllyyyy made me want to buy! I have been using this on and off for about 3 months now and I am getting ready to dispose of it. I enjoy the brush, and thats why it got one lippy. Its long, thin, and bristle-ee and I usually dont prefer them like that, but I enjoy this one. I have it another lippy because my color, blackest black, is very black and I enjoy that.
When first applied (with my lashes curled), it looks fantastic. My short lashes look long and flirty and amazing. After about 20 minutes, that all goes away and I am left with black, short and strait eyelashes. It's horrible! When applied to my lower lashes, it smudges right away and looks nasty. I am so unimpressed with this and most def would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by mirili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I am surprised it doesnt have better reviews because I am really satisfied with it. Makes my lashes really long and doesnt smudge or clump if applied properly. If you apply too much you can end up with these balls at the end of your lashes. But that is the only downside for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was actually pretty surprised by this mascara. Maybelline is probably my second-favorite drugstore brand to get mascaras from, next to L'oreal, but usually with lengthening mascaras they just don't do much for me. They either make my lashes look thin and stringy, or clump my lashes together so it looks like I barely have any.

This mascara both lengthened, AND volumized my lashes (moreso lengthen, but it did give nice volume as well!)

I can't tell if there are little fibers in the formula, it almost looks like it, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I just loved the way this applied and took my eyelashes to their best. It's not my all-time favorite mascara, but I probably will buy it again when I run out. I think the brush makes all the difference, the bristles on it are nice and, not crowded, but there are a lot packed on there so each lash really gets coated.

Overall, love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Nadiaadaira

This mascara is AMAZING.

Dramatic/natural lashes are both an option with this mascara.

Its feels very different putting it on my lashes compared to every other mascara, I can't quite describe it but it was like there was no product on the brush at all, but as I layered it on my lashes, they formed perfect long lashes. I was so impressed, especially as many "lengthening" mascaras tend to make my lashes stick together, or give an incredibly natural look which I'm not particularly fond of. Seriously the product looks invisible on the brush but it INSTANTLY transformed my lashes.

No clumps in sight, just perfectly coated lashes (every single one!). Looked like I was wearing falsies, even a friend commented on how nice my lashes looked after wearing this after the first use.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by TGonz

To be honest, I really don't understand the negative reviews on this product. I actually kinda like it. It almost performs like the Maybelline Lash Stiletto (minus the toilet cleaner smell). Well, maybe it's because I naturally have full, somewhat long lashes and almost any mascara works for me. But I actually like this. I might like this better than Lash Stiletto 'cause it doesn't have any weird smell.