September 23, 2014 | 2070 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by BlueEyedChik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this product, Its for a day you just want something light, Basically a tinted moisturizer with air infused in it. Can hardly feel it on my face. Nothing totally special about it, Very sheer finish so setting powder comes needy. Overall good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MKOP

I have to say I am on the fence about this foundation. Although it feels silky upon application it is not a good foundation for oily skin types and here is why: the finish is semi dewy and within a couple of hours of application the oil seeped through the foundation. As for packaging, well you REALLY NEED to follow the instructions on the bottle because if the bottle is even tilted you will get this white foamy mess instead of your foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by shinygolden

I found this on sale, and since I'm a foundation junkie, I picked it up even after reading these reviews. I really like it! The texture is light, it contains sunscreen, is easily buildable, and scent is light. My result is a finished, polished look, especially with setting powder. The reviews here are probably one reason why it actually works for me, because I took some of the advice in them. For reference, I wear MAC NC15, and I bought this in Classic Ivory, which is a good match for me--it adds a little color, but unobtrusively. Also because of the light weight it doesn't settle in smile lines or other odd places. Here is the application that worked for me:

Step 1: Shake WELL. I mean vigorously and for several seconds. Then again for good measure!
Step 2: Dispense onto the back of your non-dominant hand.
Step 3: Apply with other hand, dabbing with fingers and blending as you go. (I expect a foundation brush would work, too, for those who prefer it.)
Step 4: Blend again with BARELY damp sponge.
Step 5: Build coverage over whole face or on trouble areas by repeating Steps 3-5.

That said, this is a light-medium coverage foundation, and though buildable, it will only cover so much. Don't expect it to cover large blemishes or dark hyperpigmentation. The coverage is a little less than, say the L'Oreal Magic Liquid Powder, and more than an American BB cream or TM. I set it with some Coty Airspun regular or extra coverage translucent powder, depending on my own need for coverage that day. I haven't had any problems with it transferring onto clothes, etc.

Yeah, this sounds labor-intensive, but if you like the coverage/texture, it may be worth the effort. I already bought it again when I saw it on sale at the same place where I got the first one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by thupham2

I don't think this is that bad a foundation if I had nothing better to use, but it would not be something I'd run back to the store for.
I dislike the feel of heavy foundation, so this was a breath of fresh air; it was very light and foamy, easy to apply with a sponge. It provided light coverage which is good if you want your skin to show through and look more natural. It had a dewy finish which I liked.
As for the CONS? Shade match was a pain for my NC20 skin (nude was closest match and was still too dark).
The thing that vexed me most however, was the feel of it after it dried - that slightly sticky feel that doesn't ever completely disappear no matter how long you sit there for it to dry. A bit like when you peel tape off a surface and it retains a slight tackiness. I like a foundation to feel smooth after application. This one made me feel slightly dirty and dust-attractive.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by twigsonic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't imagine anyone even liking this foundation, it is that awful. This is the worst, bar none foundation I've ever attempted to wear. I say attempted because I immediately washed it off after applying (if that's what we're calling it) this spray spurt grease in a can "foam."

I may as well have applied WD-40 to my face. That's how shiny, sheer and glossy this left me looking, IMMEDIATELY upon applying it! Don't waste your money. I can't recommend this mess in a can to any one of any age or skin type. It really is that bad. So if you pass by it in the cosmetics aisle and feel an urge to try it in the hopes it will do what it says it will on the can (yes, it's in a can) just flee away from it ladies and gents.

If I could give this no lips I would.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by mdccxi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just don't get so many discontent reviews. I've bought this foundation two days ago and I am very impressed by the result. Maybe it's too soon to say that but this is probably the best foundation I've ever bought and I would definitely buy it again. And here's why!

Firstly, it feels like I have almost nothing on my face unlike the other foundations. The difference is that the other foundations always make me crazy because they feel greasy or sticky on my face (although I use powder usually). Now I don't even need a powder because this foundation is becoming dry fast and then my face is soft to the touch. And the next advantage is closely related to the first one - the shade I've bought perfectly matches my skin tone (I am Central European, fair complexion with yellow undertones, especially in summer) even though it looks too orange at first glance (I have got 021 Nude). Even if it looks like if the foundation's disappearing hardly I apply it to my face, it covers redness or flaws quite good finally. It looks very naturally, just like the TV commercials promise.

In any case, I probably wouldn't recommend this foundation to the people with acne-prone or dry skin. The coverage is rather quite good but acne wouldn't be covered very well with this foundation. And then there's the fact that this foundation sort of changes to powder on my face - that's why I wouldn't recommend it to people with dry or sensitive skin. Their skin might be peeling off then.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by kellieanne93

This was my go-to foundation for some time. I don't need a lot of coverage once I have concealed my under-eye circles and nose, so this foundation gave a nice coverage. It actually matched my skin tone perfectly - as most foundations fail to - which is why I ended up repurchasing this a few times. (I'm 110 porcelain ivory).

I really liked the idea of a foam, but I wasted so much foundation due to pumping out too much. The foam shoots out and you have way more than you need, and there's nothign you can do then! Quite wasteful.

When you rub it in to your face it is really quite liquidy and not the easiest to blend. Dewy finish, but my biggest mistake was to use this foundation as my go-to foundation during SUMMER! If you touch your face throughout the day you'll get it on your hands (first for me when it comes to a foundation) and any heat, sweat or tears will smudge and ruin this foundation which I hated. Switched to Maybelline's fit me foundation after getting sick of this foundation. But as it is now winter I'm considering repurchasing and giving it a go during winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by elliezabeth22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate this foundation. When you shake it up and dispense it, it turns to orange foam within thirty seconds and then just dissolves after that. Pricing was ridiculous, packaging difficult to use, and it runs very easily on your skin. Whenever I wore it, I felt like my skin was being suffocated. Would not buy again, nor recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Folks, remember a few things when buying foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB or CC creams, whatever your preference is- know your skin type, your skin tone and depth and what you want from your product THEN research products and read the bottle or better, the online description and some reviews! Ok, now my review for this product. LOL I wanted a very light coverage that wasn't too dewey or too matte (but had some "glow") for my combination, very pale skin. I have pretty good skin that tends to be sensitive, some fine lines and some freckles. I wanted to just be able to apply it, with or without concealor and/or powder if I wanted to go without, and then pop some blush or bronzer on and then mascara and tinted lip balm. I understand those who have issues with color matching any product, since its always a crap shoot and those with even harder than average to match skins have it the worst. I am usually too pale for most of the lightest shades from most companies and I am a true neutral undertone so I also have issues with products being too yellow or too pink even if they're light enough for me. This product in Porcelain Ivory matches me perfectly, go figure. Its a very light mousse texture (like hair mousse) and I highly recommend that you shake the bottle very well before applying. I squirt it out onto the back of my hand and then apply it with a sponge, in small batches and small places and keep blending it into my skin. For me, it evens out my skin, gives it a healthy glowy look and it doesn't settle into my lines, change shades on me or melt completely away. And that's without adding any additional skin products. It doesn't irritate my skin either which is another bonus. If anythng I've described above meets anything you like or think may be for you, then please try this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Wafflemancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this quite a lot for a drugstore foundation. The consistency is lovely and the finish is really natural. Not too dewy and not matte. Perfect for very light coverage. I think what really sold me though is that the colour matches my skin perfectly - I have a hard time with that, having medium skin with yellow undertones.