September 19, 2014 | 1775 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by beckynicole1

I've got 9 of these but this is definitely one of my favourites for work. It will last all day on my oily lids even though I do a very active job. Perfect as a base but I mostly use this one on its own with a bit if warm brown through the crease for a but if definition. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Zelmora

I tried this on my brow thanks to the posters' suggestion here and I love it (dark hair, sparse brows)! I wish there were more matte shades of this product, I'd buy them all. As a standalone colour on the lids this does not work for me but that won't stop me from experimenting with it since it seems very versatile and it's good as an eyeshadow base as well. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by krrilo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product for a shadow, but reading the posts I tried it on my brows. Everything the posters said is true, it works great. The color on me is true to the color in the pot, my eyes don't look muddy at all. I haven't tried any other colors yet but this one applies easily, I just tap it on. The price is great & I look forward to more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by zoestark

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe is the most amazing filler for black eyebrows. I use my MAC 208 brush and the Tough as Taupe to fill in my brows, and they look so natural and stay on all day. The best product for dark brows I've EVER used.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by jilliciouscosmetics

Currently, the only matte Color Tattoo (too my knowledge). However, I heard there are a few new matte Color Tattoo shades coming out now and only available at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Anyways, I really like "Tough as Taupe" more as a contouring product than on the eyes but I've gotten a lot of use out of it. I'm an NW25 and find that if I use it sparingly and blend well, it does a good job of creating shadows. It's a grey/purple/slightly brown taupe and reminds me a lot of the LE Chanel blush in "Notorious". For the price, it's definitely worth checking out.

As an eye product, I like how pigmented it is and thing the staying power is better than many of the other Color Tattoos. It does have a little more of a dry/thick formula almost reminds me of clay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product but the color did not work on me. The cool grey color made my eyes look tired. I tried to make it work by using this as a base for my warmer eyeshadows to balance out the tones but it did not look right for some reason. This cream shadow has such a great consistency. It is smooth and very easy to apply with fingers and the grey is a pretty neutral color. I have yellow undertones- nc 25 and my dark circles are purplish grey. With this on, I look sick. I can see how this would work on women with neutral undertone or cool undertone. Beware if you have dark circles under your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color! I just got into wearing more neutral colors within the past 6 months or so. This is a nice medium brown color for the crease. It goes on really nice & smooth. It has a cooler undertone (like almost a purple undertone), which is why it's a good brown for me. Browns with warm undertones make me look tired.
I have been wearing this with the Color Tattoo in Audacious Asphalt on the lid, & Urban Decay's Hustle in the outer corner crease, with Benefit's High Brow on the brow bone & tear duct areas & dark navy eyeliner. looks really pretty. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow shade goes with anything. Plus, it lasts all day (I do use a primer, though). If you want to be really careful putting on the lid, use a brush. However, I just use a finger and swipe it on. I will buy this again, and I will buy the other colors, too. They are so much faster to use than a powder. Plus, they last longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Update: While I love everything else about this shadow, I realized that when I wear it, my dark circles under my eyes look 5x darker(it almost looks like it "mirrors" them)--my eyes looked really dark and tired. NOT a look I want; I have to stay far away from this color.
Wow, this eyeshadow is awesome. The color is beautiful, not too dark, not too light--just a perfect taupe eyeshadow to make my eyes stand out. It's very easy to apply; I just dab it on with my ring finger over my lid and crease and blend. I like it better than powder shadows because I have a hard time controlling where the shadow goes; I always have fallout. I add a lighter color, usually a shimmery pearl or pink on my brow bone and I'm good to go. I've had a hard time finding a good neutral eyeshadow color--they're either too brown, orange, too light, too dark, too yellow, etc, but this is perfect!
It lasts all day until I'm ready to take it off, and the price is right, too--I paid $6 for it at Ulta. A little goes a long way, so I'm sure it will last me a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of those staples that I can see being in everyone's arsenal. I love taupe and all things taupe-esque so when I finally received this (from a lovely fellow MUA'er) I was too excited. It's a good, deep taupe that's matte. Goes on more of a cream than a gel but with a light texture. I use a synthetic brush to apply rather than use my fingers (this works too, though, don't get me wrong). But a synthetic shadow brush will pack on the color more evenly than my ring finger would and blend out seamlessly. I blend out and over the lid and even underneath the lower lash line and it gives intense definition (intense, but natural!). On top, I can put another taupe shadow, a champagne colored shadow, a brown - all matte or shimmer or satin, whatever I've got and it just seems to look great. And this shadow can stand alone, too, with a matte highlight to round it out. It really is almost like a tattoo, only this is one you CAN removed. But only when you're ready, as this stuff doesn't budge all day.

For those like myself who really dive into Halloween makeup and such, this would make a great play-thing for a Halloween kit for contouring, as it isn't flesh-toned but isn't unnatural in color, either. (Think vampire cheekbones or skeleton shadows!) Overall, love this. Even the pot-format is fine with me, too.