September 30, 2014 | 1132 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I bought this soley to fill in a small area in one eyebrow. I swore at 20 I wasn't gonna age. I've always had very thick eyebrows which I've never tweezed but for a few strays well under and in between them. Suddenly by my mid forties my brows seemed less lush. One has a small spot that's a bit bare, I can see my skin through it and being by the upper/outer arch, it changes the whole shape of the brow.

I triied various brow products, each one covered/filled in the area, but merely filling it in isn't the goal. The goal is to emulate my missing brow hair in color and appearance, in the most natural looking and long lasting way. This product achieves that. I'm very pleased with its performance.

I've not used this as an eye shadow thus far, am more likely to use as a liner since I don't wear much shadow but love this sort of shade at the base of my lashes. This is a useful product to have, I wish there were many more matte shades in the line. I see this as a coo/ash/brown gray, no purple on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by haleygwynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I have never purchased any Mac Paint Pots but if they're anything like this I am willing to consider! It is so creamy without being greasy and it glides on my super dry eyelids like a dream! I cannot speak on behalf of oily to combination skin, but my dry skin loves this product. Sometimes very pigmented matte eyeshadows look super cakey and dry if I try to build them up, but this looks smooth and flawless yet still matte all day long. I use it for lid color, crease color, sometimes as a brow color and my FAVORITE way to use it is as a contour! I am naturally very pale and this color is the PERFECT contour shade! I think cream contour looks so natural, and this just tops it. It is super easy to blend out and looks like a genuine shadow. The staying power is awesome for me, but again, I have very dry skin and lately I have been using it more often for contour and people ask me if I've lost weight! (Shyea right) but honestly the contour is the only thing I can think of would make them say that. I don't own the Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow, but this seems like a much more affordable option to try out a taupe cream for contouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by beckynicole1

I've got 9 of these but this is definitely one of my favourites for work. It will last all day on my oily lids even though I do a very active job. Perfect as a base but I mostly use this one on its own with a bit if warm brown through the crease for a but if definition. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Zelmora

I tried this on my brow thanks to the posters' suggestion here and I love it (dark hair, sparse brows)! I wish there were more matte shades of this product, I'd buy them all. As a standalone colour on the lids this does not work for me but that won't stop me from experimenting with it since it seems very versatile and it's good as an eyeshadow base as well. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by krrilo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product for a shadow, but reading the posts I tried it on my brows. Everything the posters said is true, it works great. The color on me is true to the color in the pot, my eyes don't look muddy at all. I haven't tried any other colors yet but this one applies easily, I just tap it on. The price is great & I look forward to more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by zoestark

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe is the most amazing filler for black eyebrows. I use my MAC 208 brush and the Tough as Taupe to fill in my brows, and they look so natural and stay on all day. The best product for dark brows I've EVER used.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by jilliciouscosmetics

Currently, the only matte Color Tattoo (too my knowledge). However, I heard there are a few new matte Color Tattoo shades coming out now and only available at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Anyways, I really like "Tough as Taupe" more as a contouring product than on the eyes but I've gotten a lot of use out of it. I'm an NW25 and find that if I use it sparingly and blend well, it does a good job of creating shadows. It's a grey/purple/slightly brown taupe and reminds me a lot of the LE Chanel blush in "Notorious". For the price, it's definitely worth checking out.

As an eye product, I like how pigmented it is and thing the staying power is better than many of the other Color Tattoos. It does have a little more of a dry/thick formula almost reminds me of clay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product but the color did not work on me. The cool grey color made my eyes look tired. I tried to make it work by using this as a base for my warmer eyeshadows to balance out the tones but it did not look right for some reason. This cream shadow has such a great consistency. It is smooth and very easy to apply with fingers and the grey is a pretty neutral color. I have yellow undertones- nc 25 and my dark circles are purplish grey. With this on, I look sick. I can see how this would work on women with neutral undertone or cool undertone. Beware if you have dark circles under your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color! I just got into wearing more neutral colors within the past 6 months or so. This is a nice medium brown color for the crease. It goes on really nice & smooth. It has a cooler undertone (like almost a purple undertone), which is why it's a good brown for me. Browns with warm undertones make me look tired.
I have been wearing this with the Color Tattoo in Audacious Asphalt on the lid, & Urban Decay's Hustle in the outer corner crease, with Benefit's High Brow on the brow bone & tear duct areas & dark navy eyeliner. looks really pretty. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow shade goes with anything. Plus, it lasts all day (I do use a primer, though). If you want to be really careful putting on the lid, use a brush. However, I just use a finger and swipe it on. I will buy this again, and I will buy the other colors, too. They are so much faster to use than a powder. Plus, they last longer.