Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

2.5

Water, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Isobutane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Propane, Isostearic Acid, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Tromethamine, Cocamide MEA, Phospholipids, Lecithin, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Isostearyl Behenate, Steareth-2, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hexylene Glycol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminium borosilicate, Polysorbate 20, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My shade for this foundation is 080 Carmel.
When I first swatched it my heart was broken when I figured out is had glitter, but when set with powder the evidence of the glitter seems to go away even in natural light. The texture is very airy but once you dip your brush into the product the "puff" of foundation starts to dwindle down. The intial consistency is very similar to hair mousse when you squirt it out of the bottle. I love to apply this with a damp beuty blender (brush works well also) to give off the finnish that I want. With a setting powder this product last 5 hrs, beofre i have to blot. I have a very oily complexion, so to most people this might not seem like very long, but for a drugstore foundation last that long is great for me. My only complaint is it seems like this foundation wil not last vey long, I use this probably twice a week and it has been about three weeks and I feel like it is close to empty already.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know where to start with this product. It smells like paint (similar to the mac products) and the can says that if it gets too hot it could explode. Also, the foundation itself is flammable...what?! Anyways its VERY glittery. There are glitter particles hidden within the foundation. The foundation itself is very cakey oily looking no matter how much powder you use. It looks like you went for a mile long jog. Through out the day the foundation settles into every fine line you have and slides everywhere leaving a foundation mustache. Also, it accentuates every little blemish, and the glitter doesn't help! This is the makeup product I regret buying the MOST, and I've been through some bad products. I advise everyone to steer clear of this product as I have nothing positive to say about it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have the Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup in 100 Toast; it cost $4.50. I'm going to be blunt: this was annoying & hard to use. It took me three times to get it on right, & even the third time was a struggle. The product is in a mini aerosol can (think travel-size hairspray). The "pump" is frustrating because It's literally like mousse you apply in your hair in the sense that you can't control how much comes out & 99% of the time you will accidentally dispense more than you need, resulting in a lot of wasted product.

The product itself is a nice airy mousse that is easy to blend. 100 Toast was a nice match for my skin, but I would be careful for the reason that the actual foundation is darker than the can—don't base your skin shade selection off the color of the packaging! I'm going to try wearing it a few more times to see if there's something I can do to make it work for me. I really don't want to throw it away. I'll keep you all updated & let you know any tips & tricks that I figure out while experimenting for the next few days.

Update: I had to pitch it

I am on my third bottle of this foundation. I'm surprised that it has received so many bad reviews. It took me a couple of tries to get it right, but I absolutely love the effect. I apply it over Neutrogena UltraSheer liquid sunscreen. I squirt out a gumball sized portion (it is foamy) and I use a flat top buffer brush to apply. I then use a damp sponge to make it is very smooth. I use the Makeup Forever finishing powder over this (with a different fluffy brush). I'm a nurse and my skin still looks great at the end of shift. It doesn't completely cover every imperfection, but it makes my skin look so glowy, healthy, and natural. I think the key is the lightest dusting of a quality powder to "lock it in". If I am a little heavy handed with the powder, I'll go get dressed, then spray a really fine mist of water (yes, tap!) from one of those tiny 99cent sprayers you get in the travel toiletries section. The only reasons it doesn't get 5 lipsticks is that I find it a little pricey (I always watch for Walgreens sales to counteract that) and it does have glitter. The powder seems to soften the effect, while not eliminating that glow. A definite rebuy, I do stray sometimes, but this has been in HEAVY rotation for the last year for me

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was so excited to try out this foundation. I love the consistency of the mousse. However, It doesn't last...even after applying 2 different setting powders. This may be a great foundation for ladies with normal skin but if you've got oily skin...this stuff will have your face shining like a disco ball by the end of the day. I found that it wore off patchy as well. I will NOT be purchasing again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my first time purchasing this, and I've used it for a couple of weeks now. It took me a while to get the hang of how to dispense it without too much coming out. Just barely push the pump and a little bit will come out onto the back of your hand. I am very pale and got the shade Ivory and it matches perfectly. It has a dewy finish and has a slight sheen. I didn't notice any sparkles. I prefer to apply with my fingers, it blends better that way. I usually apply a couple layers to build it up. I think this version is better than the liquid photoready, just my personal preference. This container will last forever so I don't think I need to buy it again.

I was extremely disappointed when I put this foundation on. It dries way too fast, doesn't blend well, and there isn't a good variety of colors.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is very bad. I hate the texture. I would say it's hard to blend but it barely gives you any coverage there isn't anything to blend. Pasty and unnatural looking. Very gross.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I found that I got an excellent shade match for my skin in this as the colour was truly a neutral porcelain and had no pink or yellow undertones. The coverage for me (at the time) was okay, but since then my rosacea has worsened due to canadian winters and tanning beds, and my skin has gone from normal/combination to normal/dry. If I were to try it again, I know it would not give the coverage that I like and it would also cling to dry patches. Of course, the smell really wasn't great, and the dispenser always seemed to be leaking and messy. Also, if I wore this outside in natural day light, people felt the need to inform me that my face sparkled in the sunlight. Unfortunately I'm not a vampire, so I wasn't a fan of the sparkly look. Would not repurchase, and would not recommend to people who want coverage, people who are really dry or really oily. Probably best for someone with already great skin who just wants a touch of coverage with a dewy/luminous finish.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this foundation after a long drugstore foundation binge. I needed to try everything, and this was no exception.
I've used colorstay(normal and oily versions) and the whipped that comes in the jar (which is my going out/full coverage HG)
The PhotoReady Airbrush seems like a lighter, dewy, more tinted moisturizer type of foundation.
I was hesitant about the shimmer, but I realized it really doesn't look all that bad. I like to use this on days when my skin is a little parched and dead.
I feel like it makes me a little more radiant.
I only pump out as much as the first third of my finger, and I really work it into my skin.
I haven't had any problems with it breaking me out.
It does have a strange smell directly after it pumps out, but it dissipates. I have worn it all day and it stays put for up to 4-5 hours without having to touch up.
I am the shade Buff in colorstay and I use Vanilla in the airbrush.
Hope my review helps!