Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

2.5

Water, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Isobutane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Propane, Isostearic Acid, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Tromethamine, Cocamide MEA, Phospholipids, Lecithin, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Isostearyl Behenate, Steareth-2, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hexylene Glycol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminium borosilicate, Polysorbate 20, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 12/2/2013 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not sure what Revlon was going with when designing this product considering I own Colorstay and Colorstay Whipped and love them both.

FYI: I have tried various primers (Chafing gel, drugstore brands, Smashbox) and various moisturizers underneath this foundation and given it a GOOD chance over about 6-7 months.

Lawdy, this is a hot mess!
PACKAGING: Let's start with the packaging. The can is pretty plain, demonstrating your color choice and has a plastic nozzle type button at the top. The nozzle is basically impossible to control. No matter how little you try to pump out, it shoots out of the can like those gag peanut-butter-can snakes and always surprises me (which does help to wake me up a little bit in the morning). Also, it puffs out of the nozzle hole for about 30 minutes after you use the foundation and is a little bit messy, but you can just wipe it off later.

COLOR: I purchased Shell and it does match my skintone pretty well AT FIRST. I'm not sure if others have this problem, but it seems to oxidize on my skin. This is also evident on the nozzle... Once you have your foundation on and you finish the rest of your makeup, take a look at the can and you can clearly see that the color left on the nozzle has darkened a tad. If you're uncertain, just touch the nozzle again, and the *new* product that comes out will be lighter than the foundation from 15 minutes earlier.

TEXTURE: Although it says "airbrush," it's actually just a liquid foundation in an pressurized form. After first pumping it, it seems sort of like bubbly-moussey-liquid ish, but as soon as you touch it, or touch your brush or beauty blender to it, it turns to liquid and all the bubble flatten, and becomes a little bit sticky at that. On the face, it applies in a very thin layer that is easy to streak without a lot of buffing, which then sheers the product out quite a bit. It will feel slightly damp for about 5-10 minutes if you don't immediately set it with a powder. Even though it is thin, I feel like it does look slightly cakey after applying powder, but nothing major. I do have trouble with certain concealers while using this foundation, as it can settle in fine lines and sometimes when I'm working with the concealer, the foundation literally moves around under it, and can leave patches.

FINISH: It has a glowy finish, which is due to the micro shimmer/glitter in the foundation. It's not ugly or anything, just a fair warning that there is glitter in it. Sometimes with other products on the face, it's hard to tell how glittery it is... So pump some on the back of your hand and apply it like you would on your face, give it a few minutes and check it out... It's pretty shimmery, but if that's something you like, you might wanna give this a try! It has light coverage, and really isn't buildable. After the first layer, whenever I go to apply a second, it seems to move around too much and not look as even as the first. So if you like a sheer, glowy foundation, you might be into this. It does look shiny without setting powder.

My best experience with this foundation is applying with a dense buffing brush. A flat foundation brush (my preference) leaves it a bit too streaky and I have to buff in it anyway. The Beauty Blender didn't mesh well with it, and made me look oily/slick (my skin is freakishly dry). I also tried it with the EcoTools Sheer Finish Kabuki and booooy was that a treat: It looked like I tried to apply it with pine needles or something haha.

Good luck to you, if you're in the market to pick this up. It's not something I would recommend unless you're SPECIFICALLY looking for a foundation that is sheer, glittery, and a little tacky to the touch.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Okay. . Short&simple. .. this sucks. You get pulled in by the 'airbrush' labeling but trust me its soo far from that effect. Why you ask? Its very extremely sheer with a lot of shimmer. However, it kinda looks like you just smeared a nude tinted cream eyeshadow on a oily face. No coverage what so ever. It some what highlights your imperfections. I wouldn't repurchase ever.

on 11/25/2013 6:21:00 PM

I love this foundation, it gives nice coverage and applies beautifully. The Mousse formulation is different but in a good way, its more tidier than other foundations. I've tried lots of foundations and i believe this is my favourite so far. also i don't breakout when i use this foundation which has happened with others in the past. I also put a good moisturiser under my foundation so it doesn't feel dry to me.
Love it and would buy it again.

on 11/19/2013 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Worse thing ever. Made my face oily as soon as I put it on and stayed that way all day

on 11/16/2013 10:19:00 AM

I had high hopes for this foundation. The mousse like texture is great and lightweight, but that is the only redeeming feature. The foundation goes on watery, and does not give much coverage. It also has very limited staying power. I would not buy this again.

on 11/14/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

First things first, I have to admit I'm not an avid foundation user, so take the novice feedback for what it is! All in all, it's great coverage, but beware if you have dry skin. It pools in pores and dries very quickly, even after I used a Revlon primer.

Annoyances:
- Comes out fast and you don't need a lot.
- Smells bad. Even my SO noticed.
- Upset my acne a little, but I wasn't so diligent about removing it either
- I have fair, fair skin with freckles and yellow undertones, and I did not feel the colors (or most others for that matter) matched my skin very well
- It is MESSY
- Pools in pores
- Not good for dry skin
- Dries fast, even after primer

Positives:
- Superb coverage. Don't really need concealer, and my undereye dark circles are like an abyss.
- Barely need to reapply, depending on weather.

on 11/6/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really, really wanted to like this. I guess I liked the idea of it, even though it is very gimmicky. But it smells like, pardon my language, s*** on steroids. I'm sorry. I bought one bottle and thought maybe it was just the one I got? Returned that one and bought another - same thing. I even tried my sister's bottle, which she purchased in a different country altogether and same issue. The SA in the store complained about this as well.

It's really too bad because the finish was kind of nice, a bit too shimmery but better once toned down with some powder. If you have good skin this could be passable for a night out, but I work under super bright lights and this just looked a bit excessive in the glitter department. It's not huge glitter but noticeable in the light. No lasting power and within an hour sinks into every pore and crinkle so a no-go for work. Patch-y over dry areas and greasy in my oilier areas. I tried make this work, and it does better when I mix it with another foundation so the shimmer effect is less obvious.

Would not repurchase.

I've been using this product for a long time now. I think I am now on my third bottle of it! It lasts a long time for me so I can't even remember when I bought my first bottle. I love this stuff mainly because it hasn't made me break out. I have extremely, extremely sensitive skin that I'm forced to look for ONLY non-comedogenic products (until this one!). I bought the Fit Me Foundation by Maybelline before I found this gem, and it gave me such bad acne that I've left almost a full bottle sitting in the cupboard. I found the Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush mousse makeup and I haven't bought any other foundation since.

The PROS:
- It matches my skin tone - I am in the 030 Nude
- I like the mousse form, I feel like liquid foundations could run on your hand while trying to apply it (keeping in mind that I don't use a whole lot, I like good coverage but not too much, and I haven't used a liquid foundation in a long time)
- It lasts a long time if you use the pump right
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, it doesn't make me break out!

The CONS:
- It does dispense a lot of product but I've used it enough that I've mastered the pump and how much pressure to apply so it doesn't bother me
- It can look noticeable especially if you have dry skin like I do, but mixing a little moisturizer with it fixes the problem
- It could have a little bit more coverage but I find that it really isn't all that bad if you use a concealer as well

All in all, I'm in love with it. If you don't mind the pump and press gently, I definitely reccommend this!

I really like the concept and packaging of this foundation. I also appreciate the very fair colors in the color range. The lightest shade is a perfect match for my skin - no orange line, and no oxidizing throughout the day. This foundation is very, very light coverage - I really only wear it when I am having a good skin day, and I always apply a BB cream underneath it. This foundation is probably best suited to those with combo or normal skin. If you are looking for heavier coverage but around the same price range check out Revlon's Colorstay line.

on 10/17/2013 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this foundation SUCKS.

I'm just kiddin, it's okay really, the coverage is probably medium but it seems so sheer because of the mousse formula

what I do to apply is I dot it on my face and spread it out just a little bit then wait for a bit until the product dries a little and then start patting it on. This gives me more coverage and I feel like I don't waste the product as a LOT tends to come out of the bottle/spray thingy whatever-it's-called.