November 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Emma42

I had high hopes for this foundation. The mousse like texture is great and lightweight, but that is the only redeeming feature. The foundation goes on watery, and does not give much coverage. It also has very limited staying power. I would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by katiepoodle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First things first, I have to admit I'm not an avid foundation user, so take the novice feedback for what it is! All in all, it's great coverage, but beware if you have dry skin. It pools in pores and dries very quickly, even after I used a Revlon primer.

Annoyances:
- Comes out fast and you don't need a lot.
- Smells bad. Even my SO noticed.
- Upset my acne a little, but I wasn't so diligent about removing it either
- I have fair, fair skin with freckles and yellow undertones, and I did not feel the colors (or most others for that matter) matched my skin very well
- It is MESSY
- Pools in pores
- Not good for dry skin
- Dries fast, even after primer

Positives:
- Superb coverage. Don't really need concealer, and my undereye dark circles are like an abyss.
- Barely need to reapply, depending on weather.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I really, really wanted to like this. I guess I liked the idea of it, even though it is very gimmicky. But it smells like, pardon my language, s*** on steroids. I'm sorry. I bought one bottle and thought maybe it was just the one I got? Returned that one and bought another - same thing. I even tried my sister's bottle, which she purchased in a different country altogether and same issue. The SA in the store complained about this as well.

It's really too bad because the finish was kind of nice, a bit too shimmery but better once toned down with some powder. If you have good skin this could be passable for a night out, but I work under super bright lights and this just looked a bit excessive in the glitter department. It's not huge glitter but noticeable in the light. No lasting power and within an hour sinks into every pore and crinkle so a no-go for work. Patch-y over dry areas and greasy in my oilier areas. I tried make this work, and it does better when I mix it with another foundation so the shimmer effect is less obvious.

Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by imaginethepassion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for a long time now. I think I am now on my third bottle of it! It lasts a long time for me so I can't even remember when I bought my first bottle. I love this stuff mainly because it hasn't made me break out. I have extremely, extremely sensitive skin that I'm forced to look for ONLY non-comedogenic products (until this one!). I bought the Fit Me Foundation by Maybelline before I found this gem, and it gave me such bad acne that I've left almost a full bottle sitting in the cupboard. I found the Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush mousse makeup and I haven't bought any other foundation since.

The PROS:
- It matches my skin tone - I am in the 030 Nude
- I like the mousse form, I feel like liquid foundations could run on your hand while trying to apply it (keeping in mind that I don't use a whole lot, I like good coverage but not too much, and I haven't used a liquid foundation in a long time)
- It lasts a long time if you use the pump right
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, it doesn't make me break out!

The CONS:
- It does dispense a lot of product but I've used it enough that I've mastered the pump and how much pressure to apply so it doesn't bother me
- It can look noticeable especially if you have dry skin like I do, but mixing a little moisturizer with it fixes the problem
- It could have a little bit more coverage but I find that it really isn't all that bad if you use a concealer as well

All in all, I'm in love with it. If you don't mind the pump and press gently, I definitely reccommend this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I really like the concept and packaging of this foundation. I also appreciate the very fair colors in the color range. The lightest shade is a perfect match for my skin - no orange line, and no oxidizing throughout the day. This foundation is very, very light coverage - I really only wear it when I am having a good skin day, and I always apply a BB cream underneath it. This foundation is probably best suited to those with combo or normal skin. If you are looking for heavier coverage but around the same price range check out Revlon's Colorstay line.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this foundation SUCKS.

I'm just kiddin, it's okay really, the coverage is probably medium but it seems so sheer because of the mousse formula

what I do to apply is I dot it on my face and spread it out just a little bit then wait for a bit until the product dries a little and then start patting it on. This gives me more coverage and I feel like I don't waste the product as a LOT tends to come out of the bottle/spray thingy whatever-it's-called.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this great coverage but not too heavy beautiful!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been obsessed with authentic BB creams for some time now, but lately my skin's gone all wonky. I've got **huge** stress and all kinds of badness, and it's showing in my skin big time!! So on a whim, I decided to go back to foundations again. This was the second in a line of new-generation foundations I've been using.
This is a nice product overall. I got it discounted and buy1-get1-half off, so I got this, the corrector pen and a couple of eye quads which I'll review later... So it was super cheap.
The mousse foams out and kind of keeps dribbling after you've stopped pressing the button, so it's kinda wasteful. I just pump a bit into the palm of my hand to keep it warm, and apply to the center of my face and work outwards, patting and blending. Here's the key--use your fingers. The warmth spreads it better and helps pat it into your pores. Sponges suck with this foundation--trust me, you'll regret picking one up! If you use your concealer *first* then pat and blend this on, your skin will look pretty good. Definitely set with powder--Use a brush, avoid the puff--puff's will put too much powder on your skin and this stuff will look cakey and gross--so lighter is better!! If at all possible, try Mally's Poreless Defender thingy--works great!!
Anyways, once you've got this foundation set, it looks great in all types of lighting. I am ultra pale and bought the lightest shade which is a tad dark for me, but once it's set, it's fine--nobody notices like another reviewer said, and it does add just the slightest hint of color(which is good for my ghostly complexion lol).
In a magnifying mirror, it does look a bit sparkly until its set, but not terribly. Again, in actual light of the real world, it looks fine.
I've gotten alot of compliments on my skin lately since using this foundation. It's a pain in the a** to apply and takes a long time to get it just right. Plus, if you are having breakouts or redness or dry areas, this is a huge huge task to use...it takes alot of painting to conceal the redness and if you're dry, this stuff clings to every single flake. But if you aren't too terribly spotty and if you exfoliate like a fiend, this stuff could be your new bff for looking great--even when you're not feeling so great.
So I'm kinda still on the fence--I like the results but it is a chore and a half to get it on properly if your skin is 'troubled'...but if your skin is troubled, this is the best stuff to make you look airbrushed--so it's kinda a Catch 22... Just make sure you get up extra early if you're going to wear this to work or school ;) lol

Edit 9/17/13....No matter what I do, I can't get this to *not* look dry on my face. I've used several different moisturizers, changed how long I let them set before applying makeup, changed to a couple of different primers...nothing is helping:( Ultimately I have to revise and downgrade my review. This stuff is evil on dry skin :( People seem to like my skin, and I look good in photos no doubt, but if I look closely in a mirror, I can see where this settles into pores and cakes around any flaky skin...There is no way if your skin is even remotely dry that this would work for you. But I'm still on the fence--great looking pics but in 'real life' I look like I'm shriveling up!lol So I guess if you're doing modeling work and are in front of a camera you should be fine, but don't wear this stuff on a date or just to hang out in--you'll look like a scaly lizard!haha

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Mikirulez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The lightest shade was just a LITTLE too dark for me, but not so bad that others would tell other than myself! I tried blending it out but as soon as it was on my skin it was gone, absorbed and never to be seen again. It was slightly sparkly, time consuming to apply, and very hard to blend, but once it was on, it stayed on. So, yes, it is an okay product, but no, I will not re buy

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by lilsuzyp31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eeww! Could not wait to wash this off! This turned orange and looked so bad! Don't waste your money on this. I thought I would try to save some money and try a drugstore brand. Nope, back to MAC or Estee Lauder.