December 20, 2014 | 922 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Master Shape

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Viclovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dark brown hair so I purchased deep brown. It's a very waxy eye brow pencil and is an okay product because it blends nicely. But the worst thing is the fact that it cannot wind up and down and needs to be sharpened! Given the plastic wrapping around it you can imagine how annoying that is. Oh, and the pencil itself snaps super easily. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by EllieDavionte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: the waxy texture means that the colour stays on your brows and doesn't wear off during the day until you want to take it off! I find the light brown is perfect to darken up my brows.I haven't found anything else that does the job like this stuff! Plus the brush on the other end is useful for spreading the colour to the right areas and just tidying your brows in general.

Cons: There appears to be a limited amount of product - I had to do some extensive internet searching before I realised you are supposed to just sharpen it like a pencil - including the plastic area! As far as I'm aware, there was no indication of this on the product packaging, so this is something Maybelline need to fix. I'm also not looking forward to having to sharpen the plastic... hopefully it won't be too messy! I will update this once I've attempted it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by apricotcloud

Ugh thought this would be a HG product but I was wrong. It was a complete bargain at £2.99 but I guess you get what you pay for with this as even on purchase, there didn't seem to be much there... then you sharpen it and it literally goes down in a day! You have to sharpen it again the next day so I'm going to get through this so quickly... I echo what someone else said about 'blonde' being actually even a bit too dark even though it's the lightest colour. It's alright, but nothing very special.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Not much fun using a brow liner that is completely waxy, you can't sharpen the tip and the only thing just a-ok on it is the little brush on the end. No way. Don't waste your $!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Personally, I felt like this was an okay product. I have dark brows and needed a brow liner for a show I was doing, so it actually came out really well and matched nicely. I think it stayed on pretty well, and looked very good on my brows. It is a more waxy pencil, and if you have long brow hairs or thick brows, then it will not get through really well- just draw on the hairs. However, after a while of trying to get the hang of it, I felt like the pencil worked pretty well, and I was impressed with the color and staying power. However, one huge con completely ruined this product for me: sharpening. It is IMPOSSIBLE to sharpen this pencil! Like everyone else here, I thought it was either a twist-up product or something that is easy to sharpen, like most pencil liners. I was sooooo wrong. The packaging is made of some weird plastic that would not sharpen; and when it did, it always broke the actual insert of product. What a pain! The spoolie at the end of the pencil was kind of helpful, but it didn't do much for me. So, unfortunately, although this was a good brow product for a good price ($9 or so, I think), I will not repurchase because it is just impossible to sharpen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

What the hell is with sharpening this bloody thing? I had to use the exacto knife out of the toolbox!! Dammit I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't like it! So, A for product, downgraded to F for the hour spent rummaging in the basement for the toolbox, and the 30 minutes hacking pieces off the end...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by kelslynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few days, and so far it's perfect. But then my eyebrows aren't like everyone's. I have naturally full, dark brows that do not need any product... however I wanted something to just fill over them a little bit, give me a little more polished look. This does very well for that purpose. I can't say for women who have much thinner brows. I like the waxy consistency, and it stays in place all day long (for me). Color selection was pretty simple for me as well, having very dark eyebrows, I went with Black Brown color and it works great.

I took off a lippie because I haven't had to sharpen yet, but I know when I get to that point I'm going to have a problem with this. Disapponting... wish it came with a sharpener.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by hopelessheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I loved this product, the waxy consistency worked well with my brows and the color was a good match (I got the darkest shade, which doesn't have and red undertones). The problem with the waxy consistency is that the product runs down and flat very quickly, leading to the next problem of sharpening it. It was difficult to sharpen this pencil, I like everyone else thought it was a twist up before buying. Also, about halfway through the product became dried out and whenever id sharpen it the tips would break off and fall out. I was happy when I was finished with this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I agree with everyone on the aggravation of sharpening this pencil. I did manage to successfully sharpen it with a metal sharpener. (Plastic would not work.)
I like the spoolie at the other end and also the texture was okay for me.
So why don't I like it overall? The color: I bought blonde, lightest shade, and it is more like a brown hue.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by SofiaRN421

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Product is terrible! The wax dries and rips out your natural eyebrows when you try to take it off with makeup remover wipes. The worst eyebrow pencil ever!