Maybelline Master Shape

2.5

on 8/9/2013 10:06:00 AM

I can't really add much to all the complaints about sharpening this brow pencil... basically it's just awful and you waste so much.... but, if you are able to sharpen it you might just discover that your pencil is HOLLOW part way down! That's exactly what has happened to mine!
Right in the center there is a very tiny (pin-sized) hollow, which I guess will remain throughout the rest of the pencil?
I like the little spooly on the end, and the color & texture work OK, but it's not worth anything if you can't use the whole thing (i.e. if Maybelline redesigned the delivery system this would be a good brow pencil)

on 7/18/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This pencil made my brows look thick and nasty. It was very waxy and didn't blend easily. Plus, the pencil is made of plastic, so sharpening this was a chore! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, not even beginners.

on 7/16/2013 1:07:00 PM

I have naturally dark brown hair and recently went to a deep red-brown. I usually use MAC's Fluidline Brow Gelcreme in Dirty Blonde, which I LOVE, but I needed a new color to go with my brows.

I purchased this product in Auburn, which is a wonderful, warm brown with the tiniest perfect hint of red. I find most brow products to come off ashy on me, and this has the wonderful warm tone that I'm looking for. It is more on the waxy side, which makes it very easy to blend and tends to last a little longer. It also, however, makes it difficult to sharpen to a fine point and makes it easy to waste product.

Strangely, this particular shade has the standard wood base instead of the plastic. I looked at the other shades, and most had the plastic base while only a couple shades had wood. Weird, I know.

I love the spoolie at the end of the pencil, but I'd rather have more product than convenience.

Overall, great color and texture, and the spoolie is a nice touch. The price is reasonable (under $7). If it was a little less waxy and had more product, it'd be even better. Not entirely sure if I'd repurchase. Will update.

on 6/23/2013 10:58:00 PM

I'm the first to admit i'm a snob when it comes to beauty products, but thats only because I've used so many that I only have time for luxury. I got this thinking it would be a simple and easy brow pencil but was left disappointed. Firstly, the texture is super waxy and is hard to apply light feathery strokes. The texture is just very odd and I don't put my finger on it, its not powdery or matte, its somewhere in between, but it shouldn't be. It also doesn't last long and I'd rather not have it coming off halfway throughout my day, how embarrassing. The colour range is abismal as well, and I was so confused as to how you get the product out. Do you twist it? Nope, you have to sharpen it, which is quite something considering it's a plastic pencil. The ONLY redeeming thing about it is the brush at the end which was nice but that's about it. Back to high end brands I think, I'm forever off maybelline

I have dark brown hair so I purchased deep brown. It's a very waxy eye brow pencil and is an okay product because it blends nicely. But the worst thing is the fact that it cannot wind up and down and needs to be sharpened! Given the plastic wrapping around it you can imagine how annoying that is. Oh, and the pencil itself snaps super easily. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Pros: the waxy texture means that the colour stays on your brows and doesn't wear off during the day until you want to take it off! I find the light brown is perfect to darken up my brows.I haven't found anything else that does the job like this stuff! Plus the brush on the other end is useful for spreading the colour to the right areas and just tidying your brows in general.

Cons: There appears to be a limited amount of product - I had to do some extensive internet searching before I realised you are supposed to just sharpen it like a pencil - including the plastic area! As far as I'm aware, there was no indication of this on the product packaging, so this is something Maybelline need to fix. I'm also not looking forward to having to sharpen the plastic... hopefully it won't be too messy! I will update this once I've attempted it.

Ugh thought this would be a HG product but I was wrong. It was a complete bargain at £2.99 but I guess you get what you pay for with this as even on purchase, there didn't seem to be much there... then you sharpen it and it literally goes down in a day! You have to sharpen it again the next day so I'm going to get through this so quickly... I echo what someone else said about 'blonde' being actually even a bit too dark even though it's the lightest colour. It's alright, but nothing very special.

on 6/3/2013 5:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Not much fun using a brow liner that is completely waxy, you can't sharpen the tip and the only thing just a-ok on it is the little brush on the end. No way. Don't waste your $!

Personally, I felt like this was an okay product. I have dark brows and needed a brow liner for a show I was doing, so it actually came out really well and matched nicely. I think it stayed on pretty well, and looked very good on my brows. It is a more waxy pencil, and if you have long brow hairs or thick brows, then it will not get through really well- just draw on the hairs. However, after a while of trying to get the hang of it, I felt like the pencil worked pretty well, and I was impressed with the color and staying power. However, one huge con completely ruined this product for me: sharpening. It is IMPOSSIBLE to sharpen this pencil! Like everyone else here, I thought it was either a twist-up product or something that is easy to sharpen, like most pencil liners. I was sooooo wrong. The packaging is made of some weird plastic that would not sharpen; and when it did, it always broke the actual insert of product. What a pain! The spoolie at the end of the pencil was kind of helpful, but it didn't do much for me. So, unfortunately, although this was a good brow product for a good price ($9 or so, I think), I will not repurchase because it is just impossible to sharpen.

on 5/29/2013 6:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

What the hell is with sharpening this bloody thing? I had to use the exacto knife out of the toolbox!! Dammit I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't like it! So, A for product, downgraded to F for the hour spent rummaging in the basement for the toolbox, and the 30 minutes hacking pieces off the end...

Popular Brows Products