December 19, 2014 | 1056 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - Magic Lumi

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it. It's not a full-coverage concealer, but it's basically a must-have for me, for the way it brightens up under my eyes. The light-reflecting quality goes a long way, especially for masking shadowy hollows. I use the medium color under my eyes, and the lighter shade as a highlighter around my mouth (blending well). Great at the specific task of highlighting/masking darkness (but not concealing, per se). Such a steal!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by lulu2013

I purchased this concealer a month ago, and now it's empty, I was surprised as I don't wear it daily !! looked at the volume/size of it and here is the SHOCK!!!!!! THIS CONCEALER's VOLUME IS ONLY 1.5 ml !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that means it costs more than buying the DIOR concealer that I already had, and lasted for ages !!! (DIOR concealer's volume is 10 ml !!!!!!! for $30 !!!!!! ) and the quality of the DIOR C. is way better and nicer than the L'Oreal one. I really thought I'm saving money when I purchased this concealer !!

It's always good to read!!!!

Save your money and AVOID this product!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by carcher7

This does not provide much coverage for under eye circles. It might give a little brightening if that's all you are looking for but if you really have circles to conceal this doesn't do a very good job. Still looking for my HG under eye concealer. Also I don't like the twist up pen type application. I prefer a tube with my own concealer brush. Won't buy twice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful brightening under-eye concealer! It is on the thinner side, but builds up nicely. I apply it with the brush, then pat to blend. I HATE the packaging though, click pens are so wasteful and annoying! Were it not for that I'd rate this a 5.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by jwang714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Had high hopes for this product, but this was a disappointment. I think it's a bit expensive for drugstore and for it's quality. The packaging is terrible. The tube doesn't distribute the highlighter evenly as you're twisting and youll either get nothing or a ton of product at once. Also, I feel like this made me look really ashy. Bad product and I wouldn't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by nrooney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product, the packaging looks really expensive and the quality is excellent! Apparently this is a hightlighter but I use it under my eyes and it takes away the dark circles and gives me a dewy glow!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the concealer but this package is a pain in the butt!
It's a guessing game as to how much product you are going to get, sometimes one click shoots out a lot of product, sometimes you can click it several times and get nothing.
The brush doesn't work as an applicator, I wish it just came in a tube.

The product itself works pretty well on my under-eye circles as well as any blemishes. I use a knock off beauty blender to apply it, rather than the brush and it works.

For the money though, there are concealers that I like better that are cheaper, so I'd give this a pass next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Although the tube does actually say "concealer," this is more of a brightening addition to your regular concealer, not a replacement for it.
I use this product AFTER I put on my regular undereye concealer. The concealer hides my dark circles and the Magic Lumi brightens the area, giving the concealer a little boost. My eyes definitely look brighter, I look more awake and well-rested for sure. However, it doesn't last very long. I put this on around 9 AM and when I looked in the mirror at 2 it was long gone.

The packaging on this product is horrible. It comes in a pen with a built-in brush, and you have to twist the base of the pen to dispense product onto the brush. The pen is partly transparent and I can see where a lot of product is going to waste because it leaks out and accumulates around the brush part without actually making it's way out of the tip. A small squeeze tube would make this much more usable.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say that there was some trial and error with this product. I didn't care for it after trying it originally, and then just forgot about it. I found this pen again recently and figured I'd give it another try. It still didn't work to cover my dark under-eye circles very well. Before giving up on it forever, I applied some to my ring finger, and starting to dab it under my eye that way, instead. What a difference!!! Basically, the brush with this pen sucks; It doesn't apply product evenly enough to mask dark eye circles. I would suggest using your finger(but LIGHTLY). It does a much more effective job. I give this concealer a 4/5 total because the coverage could still be just a liiiiittle better, but the illumination really helps to disguise darkness and brighten the face. Not a bad product once you learn to use it right.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this once and hated it. I lowered my expectations, decided to try it again, and now I really like it! That never happens haha. Anyways it's not really a concealer at all, it's a highlighter. It's sheer and SPARKLY but once blended it isn't noticeably sparkly. I have really horrible dark under eye circles (genetic), and don't like using concealers because they look so fake/painted on and almost make me look worse. This brightens just enough to make me look human again lol. I apply under my eyes, in the inner and outer corner of eyes, and blend up to the browbone a bit. It looks natural, like I have no makeup on at all! I do wish there was more product in the package. It is around $12.99 at drugstores and ulta but I got it on eBay for $7.99 with free shipping.