August 1, 2014 | 937 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - Magic Lumi

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say that there was some trial and error with this product. I didn't care for it after trying it originally, and then just forgot about it. I found this pen again recently and figured I'd give it another try. It still didn't work to cover my dark under-eye circles very well. Before giving up on it forever, I applied some to my ring finger, and starting to dab it under my eye that way, instead. What a difference!!! Basically, the brush with this pen sucks; It doesn't apply product evenly enough to mask dark eye circles. I would suggest using your finger(but LIGHTLY). It does a much more effective job. I give this concealer a 4/5 total because the coverage could still be just a liiiiittle better, but the illumination really helps to disguise darkness and brighten the face. Not a bad product once you learn to use it right.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this once and hated it. I lowered my expectations, decided to try it again, and now I really like it! That never happens haha. Anyways it's not really a concealer at all, it's a highlighter. It's sheer and SPARKLY but once blended it isn't noticeably sparkly. I have really horrible dark under eye circles (genetic), and don't like using concealers because they look so fake/painted on and almost make me look worse. This brightens just enough to make me look human again lol. I apply under my eyes, in the inner and outer corner of eyes, and blend up to the browbone a bit. It looks natural, like I have no makeup on at all! I do wish there was more product in the package. It is around $12.99 at drugstores and ulta but I got it on eBay for $7.99 with free shipping.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Kat630

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only highlighter pen I've used, so I have nothing too compare it too. I can say that my budget this month wouldn't allow for the higher-priced ones, so I am happy with this considering the price. It doesn't cover dark circles, but it brightens the area- making them less noticable. It really brightens above my eyes and brows and takes away the redness. It still looks okay after 6 hours too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by bna0832

I have been using this product for about a month. I am impressed by the product because I have not been able to find a drug store 'highlighter' that actually works. I have dark circles that with any other type of concealer they don't go away; I think that is why I liked the product so much because it actually covers the dark circles up. The only down side is the packaging. There is not a whole lot of product in the stick that it comes in, plus you have to twist it over and over before the highlighter comes out. For the price the product does its job but I wish there was more that came with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by selkie67

I tried a sample of YSL's Touche Eclat and fell in love with it, but just can't afford the hefty price tag. So I went searching for a drugstore substitute and found this. I wouldn't say it's an exact dupe, but given the price difference it's close enough. I layer it over foundation under my eyes, and that makes it work as a concealer. I don't think it would be enough coverage on its own for really dark circles, but it's not a true concealer anyway; it's a highlighter. It doesn't crease and it does brighten. Not real fond of the pen; you have to twist and twist and then the product just spurts out, but I think that's true of every pen I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by SonnyCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in light. I repurchased it once only because I had tried an undereye concealer that was too thick and drying and I was in too much of a hurry to select anything else.

Pros: I like this product for what it does. It brightens up my undereye area, blends in easily without working the delicate skin too hard, and does not make lines and dryness more apparent. The coverage is just ok, but it is not really designed for a lot of coverage.

Cons: I went through this stuff way too fast considering what it costs. There could not have been much product in the tube to begin with. Plus, clicking the tube caused too much product to come out at once, so a lot of it was wasted.

I would buy this repeatedly if it had more efficient packaging, but otherwise, no. It is really not that cheap for a drug store concealer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've heard & read rumors that this product is a dupe for YSL Touche Eclat so of course I had to try this out for myself. In YSL I wear shade 1 therefore I purchased the Magic Lumi in the lightest available shade in fair. After using the Magic Lumi for a few days I've tossed it into the junk bin. I personally don't think it's anything close to the YLS, except maybe the click pen brush applicator packaging. The Magic Lumi in fair is a neutral shade, but appears grayish and ashen under my eyes whereas the YSL has a pinky-pink undertone that neutralizes and brightens. The Magic Lumi is sheer and has a slight shimmer which only looks odd with the grey cast present. I even tried using this product as a face hi-lighter as suggested on L'Oreal's website, but it interferes with my foundation and looks cakey. Overall a fail for me and not an item I`ll be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this bc when it first came out, it was hyped as a dupe for YSL TE. Seems like every concealer pen is touted that way now. I do not have dark circles to cover, I'm very lucky for that. I do have a vein that runs under my left eye that I cover bc it can sometimes look like a dark circle is there. And if you cover one side, you gotta do the other haha. This pen contains a medium consistency liquid with light, sheer coverage. Which is fine for my purposes. If you are looking for some coverage, this won't work for you alone. However, it is a decent brightener so along with the lightness, it is good for layering. It works alright for me, but I won't repurchase. I'm trying my darndest to get rid of the one I've got. It's lasted several months with daily use and I would like to move on! I'm sure you all understand this feeling :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Mystique93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this highlighter!
I've always had dark circles and even though I didn't actually know before that it isn't a concealer, it definitely works like one. At least for me. It covers dark circles completely and makes me look fresh and well rested.
The packaging is beautiful, brush is comfortable and easy to use, product is great - I've got nothing bad to say about it, really.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by CamiChicken

I bought this thinking it was a concealer too!
But then I realized isn't even labeled as a concealer, it says " highlighter" and " Touch of light" doesn't say concealer anywhere, so weird, why do we all thought it was one?
So I was dissapointed but I guess it was my fault
Doesn't cover anything and yes the colors are very light.

So I started to use it as a highlighter and it's pretty good! It's It has a blush so you just brush it through your nose, cheekbones, forehead, etc (it has the perfect size for cheekbones ) and then blend it a little bit, it's very easy to use and perfect to carry around :)