November 24, 2014 | 1724 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - Magic Lumi

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful brightening under-eye concealer! It is on the thinner side, but builds up nicely. I apply it with the brush, then pat to blend. I HATE the packaging though, click pens are so wasteful and annoying! Were it not for that I'd rate this a 5.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by jwang714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Had high hopes for this product, but this was a disappointment. I think it's a bit expensive for drugstore and for it's quality. The packaging is terrible. The tube doesn't distribute the highlighter evenly as you're twisting and youll either get nothing or a ton of product at once. Also, I feel like this made me look really ashy. Bad product and I wouldn't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by nrooney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product, the packaging looks really expensive and the quality is excellent! Apparently this is a hightlighter but I use it under my eyes and it takes away the dark circles and gives me a dewy glow!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the concealer but this package is a pain in the butt!
It's a guessing game as to how much product you are going to get, sometimes one click shoots out a lot of product, sometimes you can click it several times and get nothing.
The brush doesn't work as an applicator, I wish it just came in a tube.

The product itself works pretty well on my under-eye circles as well as any blemishes. I use a knock off beauty blender to apply it, rather than the brush and it works.

For the money though, there are concealers that I like better that are cheaper, so I'd give this a pass next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Although the tube does actually say "concealer," this is more of a brightening addition to your regular concealer, not a replacement for it.
I use this product AFTER I put on my regular undereye concealer. The concealer hides my dark circles and the Magic Lumi brightens the area, giving the concealer a little boost. My eyes definitely look brighter, I look more awake and well-rested for sure. However, it doesn't last very long. I put this on around 9 AM and when I looked in the mirror at 2 it was long gone.

The packaging on this product is horrible. It comes in a pen with a built-in brush, and you have to twist the base of the pen to dispense product onto the brush. The pen is partly transparent and I can see where a lot of product is going to waste because it leaks out and accumulates around the brush part without actually making it's way out of the tip. A small squeeze tube would make this much more usable.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say that there was some trial and error with this product. I didn't care for it after trying it originally, and then just forgot about it. I found this pen again recently and figured I'd give it another try. It still didn't work to cover my dark under-eye circles very well. Before giving up on it forever, I applied some to my ring finger, and starting to dab it under my eye that way, instead. What a difference!!! Basically, the brush with this pen sucks; It doesn't apply product evenly enough to mask dark eye circles. I would suggest using your finger(but LIGHTLY). It does a much more effective job. I give this concealer a 4/5 total because the coverage could still be just a liiiiittle better, but the illumination really helps to disguise darkness and brighten the face. Not a bad product once you learn to use it right.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this once and hated it. I lowered my expectations, decided to try it again, and now I really like it! That never happens haha. Anyways it's not really a concealer at all, it's a highlighter. It's sheer and SPARKLY but once blended it isn't noticeably sparkly. I have really horrible dark under eye circles (genetic), and don't like using concealers because they look so fake/painted on and almost make me look worse. This brightens just enough to make me look human again lol. I apply under my eyes, in the inner and outer corner of eyes, and blend up to the browbone a bit. It looks natural, like I have no makeup on at all! I do wish there was more product in the package. It is around $12.99 at drugstores and ulta but I got it on eBay for $7.99 with free shipping.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Kat630

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only highlighter pen I've used, so I have nothing too compare it too. I can say that my budget this month wouldn't allow for the higher-priced ones, so I am happy with this considering the price. It doesn't cover dark circles, but it brightens the area- making them less noticable. It really brightens above my eyes and brows and takes away the redness. It still looks okay after 6 hours too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by bna0832

I have been using this product for about a month. I am impressed by the product because I have not been able to find a drug store 'highlighter' that actually works. I have dark circles that with any other type of concealer they don't go away; I think that is why I liked the product so much because it actually covers the dark circles up. The only down side is the packaging. There is not a whole lot of product in the stick that it comes in, plus you have to twist it over and over before the highlighter comes out. For the price the product does its job but I wish there was more that came with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by selkie67

I tried a sample of YSL's Touche Eclat and fell in love with it, but just can't afford the hefty price tag. So I went searching for a drugstore substitute and found this. I wouldn't say it's an exact dupe, but given the price difference it's close enough. I layer it over foundation under my eyes, and that makes it work as a concealer. I don't think it would be enough coverage on its own for really dark circles, but it's not a true concealer anyway; it's a highlighter. It doesn't crease and it does brighten. Not real fond of the pen; you have to twist and twist and then the product just spurts out, but I think that's true of every pen I've tried.