November 27, 2014 | 1354 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Lovely cheaper version of MAC Paint Pots or Benefit Cream Eyeshadows/Liners

It's a medium-dark cool bronze with a slight metallic finish to it. The colour payoff is opaque, what you see is what you get. Stays on all day and it's fabulous.
On a lazy day, I put this up to my crease and put a inner corner highlight, add liner and mascara and I'm done. Easy as pie.

In love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my first cream eye shadow purchase and I can honestly say that it has not disappointed me at all. At first, I thought it went on too dark for my fair, blue eyes. But now that I know how to apply it --- I am in love and I'm so glad I purchased it.

I like to apply it lightly with my ring finger up to the crease and smudged on the lower lashline. When you use a Mac 217 (or similar) to apply this -- the color is lighter and is a beautiful wash of bronze. I also like to smudge this with a stiff dome brush into some black pencil liner along the lash line (upper and lower) for a daytime, soft smokey eye. I just love this little pot and I've had it for almost a year and it hasn't dried out on me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will be the first to admit I'm a sucker for packaging. This is how I end up with a lot of awful products in cute compacts. This is one time, however, the package quality was rivaled by the content's quality.

*PROS*
~Long-wearing. While I didn't need to wear it for 24 hours, it did have longevity. It sufficiently lived up to its name.
~Smooth creamy texture.
~Beautiful color. This shade was so beautiful as an all over color.
~Excellent color payoff.
~You can't beat the price. It is a very reasonably priced product, IMO.
~The packaging is great. It comes in a nice little glass lid pot.

*CONS*
~It can be a bit tricky to apply. I used my finger and at first it's kind of stippled on looking. You really have to get your finger in there and work it around the lid.
~When I applied a powder based shadow over it, after an hour or so the colors became very muddied. I can see where you would want to use another cream based shadow with this if you need the look to stay crisp all day long.

Overall I think once you get the application technique down this is an amazing product, especially in this price range. And this particular color is a must-have, in my opinion. It's just such a lovely basic and versatile color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this as a quick eyeshadow that lasts all day. I just put all over the lid and then blend out into the crease. Stays put, it's the only colour tattoo I actually like. Nice wearable colour most people could pull off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lakshana1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: Very pigmented, long-lasting, doesn't crease to much, great alone or as a base. Cons: after a month it dries out in the jar This is my favorite to wear when I dont feel like wearing to much shadow or as a beautiful base. The color is absolutely stunning and great for the price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I passed on this several times as in the pot it just looked far too warm for my skintone. I usually steer away from anything with bronze in the name when it comes to e/s as it just makes me look sickly. But I'd seen one too many glowing reviews and descriptions, and a particular YT vid where the girl was wearing it and I wanted it before she even said what it was.

At £4.99 I figured even if it didn't work it was worth a try at that price point. So I bought it and I absolutely love it. I apply with a finger tip, start with the product at the lashline and blend up, and it looks amazing, like I've spent ages blending when I've spent 20 seconds. It would probably look warmer if packed on, but with just a small amount blended out it's a medium silvery shimmery taupe on me. I just use a small amount of black e/l or shadow on the top lashline to add some definition, mascara, and I'm done. Minimal effort, maximum results. It does crease *very* slightly on me by the end of the day, but every cream e/s does, so I'm not blaming the product.

I'd buy again and definitely want to try the others in this range that have good reviews!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

Really nice shadow. The color is very flattering and would look nice on a lot if people. Easy to apply and really does stay put. I have Color Tattoo in the dark grey metallic shade. Think its called Asphalt something? Its a nice shade but the consistency isn't the same or as good as this one. This one is my fave. Can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

Wow, this is a great product. Normally my eyeshadows crease over the course of the day, but this didn't crease at all when applied with no primer underneath! The colour is pigmented and shimmery without being downright metallic and you can go lighter or heavier depending on how much colour you're looking for. Looked just as perfect at 10pm as it had 12 hours earlier when I applied it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! Easy to use, great price, good formula and does not crease or flake. Beautiful bronze colour i apply with the real techniques eye brush and use alone or as a base for smokey eyes

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by LagunaManhunt

I love this product for the fact that it lasts all day, even without primer.
My problem with this product is the fact that it doesn't blend too well with a brush. I use my usual windscreen wiper motion and I've even wet my blending brush to perhaps get it to blend but it just won't... This said however, it's still my go to product that I put all over my lids before applying product into my crease :]