July 24, 2014 | 2167 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Super Stay 14 Hr

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Aside from not seeing the small crack in the top :( hence the low package score, but no major deal, I got this at Kmart in the shade Perpetual Peony. I don't normally buy drugstore brands as they are often similarly priced as MAC lipsticks and don't deliver. I don't own any other lippies in this shade... It's a very very cool toned matte pale pink with a tinge of lavender even. It is slightly similar to MAC viva glam gaga but more lavender-y. That's what roped me in since I basically have every color of the rainbow. The color's gorgeous and so summery :) it looks very good w my cool toned pinky light/med skin and red hair... Itd prob suit many skin tones. The formula is kinda odd but in a good way. It goes on real slick like a gloss but then when it dries it is ON THERE. All the other matte lipsticks I own that claim to be long wearing are dry upon application; when I first put it on it was so wet I said no way is this gona last. So then that peculiar drying effect happens and the color MAY lose a slight dab of intensity but still basically stays true. I loooove matte long wearing lippies and I highly recommend this one, esp in this shade. So perfect for a pretty, subtle yet noticeable summer daytime go-to. Although I will definitely be trying one or two other shades!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by archielester

Love, Love, Love this lipstick! I purchased "Non-Stop Red" and I cannot believe how long lasting this colour is- I cant speak for the rest of the range. I too bought this because of a recommendation by Lisa Eldridge and have worn it every day since purchased! I have those kind of lips which lipstick just doesn't cling too and I gave up buying bolder colours for a while. However, really impressed with this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that although the packaging for these lipsticks is ugly and looks cheap, the product itself is anything but. These are little pigment powerhouses! One swipe provides full coverage and the application is smooth. They wear quite comfortably and the color stays true throughout the day.

Plus, there are some really gorgeous colors. Especially the red shades. They’ve got you covered whether you like warm reds (Ravishing Rouge), true reds (Continuous Cranberry), cool reds (Enduring Ruby), or deep reds (Timeless Crimson).

The colors I chose were Infinite Iris; a mid tone cool plummy pink, Consistently Truffle; a deep plum tinged cool brown , and Enduring Ruby; a cool, rich red. Both Infinite Iris and Consistently Truffle have just a touch of shimmer. The most I’ve seen these cost is $8.99, but I can almost always find either a coupon, or a place with a buy one get one half off deal. That works out to an average of about $6.75 per tube. Not bad!

Although Iove all three, it has to be said that none of them last 14 hours. Not even close. I find the best way to make them last is use a lip brush and really work it into the lips. But even then I didn’t get any more than 8 hours of wear, and that’s if I didn’t have an actual meal. Plus I’m really not fond of the fruity smell these have, but it fades within minutes, so I wouldn’t deduct any points for it.

All in all, this product performs fantastically for the price. I would definitely purchase these again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by pratty01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The packaging is cute especially compared to the regular maybelline lipsticks... i like it that i can see the color of the lipstick without turning it around.

its not expensive, thats a bonus.

The color i got is LASTING CHESTNUT. the color is lovely, but like most matte lipsticks your lips have to be in super condition to pull this off... i don't have a problem with the smell but its could be off-putting for some. the lipstick does get dry and flaky and settles into the fine lines. doesn't last for 14 hours, 4 to 5 hours tops. the color is build- able, can be worn light or dark based on your look.

i have found a way to make this lipstick work for me, but its only for when you've got lots time in hand to do your makeup. prep your lip with lip balm and brush it with a q tip. then apply the lipstick. the lipstick will turn powdery within a couple of minutes. go do something for 10 min., now take the q tip and brush off the excess that has feathered. reapply and repeat this process a couple of times. you will end up stained matte lips that looks like its your natural lip color...

i will not buy this lipstick again but until this one finishes, i will use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

I ALWAYS carry this around. I have plenty shades, and I wish the range were better since I like a hint of color, not too much. Pout On Pink is my best friend. It lasts long. Even through eating. No embarrassing outlines from everyday things. :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

CONTINUOUS CRANBERRY IS A PERFECT COLOR DUPE FOR NARS CRUELLA! Which is itself a dupe (a much more expensive but better quality dupe) of NYX Electra, which I have been trying to dupe for aaaaaaages without Electra's godawful texture and staying power.

Continuous Cranberry is less matte than Cruella, can't speak for their comparative staying powers because I don't actually own Cruella and haven't given Cranberry a good wearing yet. But Cranberry is smooth, silky and very pigmented.

ETA: this stuff really sticks around! I have worn it through several hours running errands and shopping, kissing my daughter goodnight, and drinking a glass of water. There is some transfer to cheek, glass etc, but the lipstick on my lips doesn't seem to fade, and it's smudge resistant. There's a slight tackiness but overall it's comfortable and not dry or chalky feeling on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Longest lasting lipstick I have ever tried!
Sadly the colour range isn't that great and I wasn't immediately attracted to all the shades. I did like the look of 430 Stay With Me Coral so I picked it up and boy am I glad I did!
As a long wearing lipstick, this is a tiny bit drying (not too much), but don't make the mistake of putting this on top of lip balm, or it won't last as long! If you do want to use lip balm, make sure it sinks in completely before applying this. Your lips do need to be in nice condition otherwise the lipstick can cling a bit to dry patches.
Because my lips are slightly dry, after the lipstick has set I put a little lip balm on top, and then also reapply about 2-3 times a day and I feel that also helps it wear out better and evenly.
If I put this on in the morning at 8:30, after breakfast, tea, water and lunch, it is still there when I get home at 6 in the evening!! A bit faded of course, but still there.
I obviously rushed out to buy 2 more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by sweetTrust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not so cheap but totally worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by katypsu620

I've purchased so many lipsticks and colors that promise to last a certain number of hours and every time they wear off more quickly than ones that don't. I was pretty impressed with this one. It doesn't last 14 hours but it came pretty close. It does have a little bit of a scent to it but not bad. What I noticed was how nicely it 'settled in', per say, my lips and defined them so well. It was very flattering. Only 2 'cons' I have would be that it does dry your lips out. It goes on nicely but your lips do feel instantly dryer than normal. I put on a lip balm before applying it and although that does help with the dryness it causes the color to wear off faster. The second 'con' would be the colors. The perpetual peony is VERY pink and the infinite iris is pretty red, as opposed to being more of a mauve shade. There's really no in between shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I stumbled upon this lipstick in one of Lisa Eldridges videos and finally, it has been released in Germany.
I´m a big fan of bold lipcolours and like to wear them in daytime, so a longlasting formula is essential in a lipstick for me.
I bought it in a drugstore for 11 Euros, which is a good price.
The colour I got is 510 non stop red, which is a great matte pink based red. They do another more classical red which is called 540 ravishing rouge and has a more satiny finish and is less pink based.
The 510 non stop red is such a vibrant and bold, yet flattering colour on my NC 20/C1 skin. I tend to look sallow and Lisa recommended this colour exactly for this purpose. What can I say? It totally works. Brightens up my complexion, makes me look fresh and awake.
The finish depends on which colour you choose, because they have colours with matte, satiny or a more shiny finish. You can swatch it on your hand, so you can see the finish. I personally love a matte finish for a bold lipcolour, so I choose 510 non stop red.
The lipstick claims to be longlasting and I can really agree to that claim. I have to say, that no lipstick stays completely on you lips and never transfers on to coffee cups. That is an illusion. But one day, I went to a film festival after work with a friend of mine and this lipstick survived drinking hot cocoa, tea and water, a lunch salad and a dinner pizza with my friend. I apllied it at 6 am and came home at 9.30 pm. I only reapplied it once, before I met my friend and it looked still good and only slightly vanished in the inside and corners of my lips.Pretty good for a lipstick!
The lipstick is definitely not moisturizing, but it´s not very drying either. I often wear Ruby Woo from MAC which I find more drying than this one. But I don´t look for a moisturizing lipstick, because I embrace having a rather dry and longlasting lipstick when I wear bold colours. I have unnerving experiences with more creamy lipsticks like Maybellines colour sensational, which I have to reapply every time after eating or drinking. In my opinion, moisturizing and longlasting don´t fit together.
When I first apply it, it feels slightly sticky and smells like cherries.But then, the lipstick wears comfortable and doesn´t bother me at all.
I usually wear MACs prep and prime for lips underneath, which I bought especially for wearing it under bright lipsticks.
I apply it with a lip brush in the morning and carry the lipstick in my purse in case I have to touch up.
As you can see, I really love this lipstick and plan to buy more colours. I feel so safe wearing this longlasting lipstick as I know, I don´t have to worry about the lipstick wearing off while eating or drinking or the lipstick smearing all over my face. But I admit, I would only buy bold and bright colours as I see no need for this longlasting formula when it comes to nude colours.
Definitely worth a try when you love wearing a bold lipcolour.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No