April 17, 2014 | 1521 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Super Stay 14 Hr

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Sparklypinkgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the color of this lipstick(I have it in Perpetual Peony), but I found that it settles into the lines of my lips. It also did not moisturize my lips at all and, in fact, they felt dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by patriciabain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in #010 Ultimate Blush. I have several problems with it. First, is the smell. It has a very strong, floral, almost fruity smell. If you don't mind smell, then that's fine. I do not like it when my lipstick smells. It's right under my nose, and I can smell it all day long.

Second is the color. I thought it looked like a nice pink, and it comes out a nice, slightly darker than my very pale lips, and it looks nice against my extremely pale skin. Unfortunately, it has shimmer. Not like a gentle make-your-lips-stand-out shimmer. An I-bought-this-in-a-Hello-Kitty-makeup-kit shimmer. I'm sure other colors are fine, but this color is horrendous.

I give it a 3, however, because it did last reasonably long (obviously not 14 hours, but let's be real) without over-drying my lips.

If I was just rating for color, I would give it a 1. If you don't like shimmer, avoid 010 Ultimate Blush. It doesn't look shimmery on the outside of the tube, but since I couldn't open it at the drug store to see (and smell), I wasn't aware.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by EozS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not happy with this product. Maybe longwear lipsticks aren't for me, I don't know. But I found this one to be sticky and lumpy on my lips, and it certainly didn't last 14 hours... maybe 3. I also didn't like the array of colours and the one I settled on looked pretty bad applied.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by antzypants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick.
Colour: Ultimate Blush which is the beautiful warm pink, but throws off this bluish reflect which i guess ultimately makes it pretty neutral. Its definately a metallic colour.
Staying power: Stays alot longer than other lipstick that claims to have staying power... and the plus is that it doesnt dry your lips out.
I saw this in store a few months ago but didnt buy into the hype, but then I watched a video by Lisa Edgerton who raved about the lipstick so i gave it a try.
IN LOVE WITH IT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by julesb1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this lipstick! I have to wear a red shade for work and I have had so much trouble trying to find the right combination of long lasting yet not drying. A lot of moisturising lipsticks I have found are not very long lasting. Now I have found the one! This lipstick is long lasting - however, I would not say 14 hours. After eating I touch up a tiny bit just to keep the look perfect, but can get away with touching up maybe once or twice during my shift which I think is pretty good.

The other great thing is I have not ended the week with dry lips from wearing this every day! Hence, I am in love! I only have the ravishing rouge which I wear every work day but am now going to go and purchase colours for my days off!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by sandyriles

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked it. I needed a true red. I usually don't wear red lipstick because I'm very fair but I am tan right now and needed a red for a special event. I also wanted something that will last. I purchased Ravishing Rouge. It is a great neutral red. I like the fact that there's only 1 step. Whether or not it lasts remains to be seen but the color is beautiful. Feels a little dry but I am 57 years old and don't like the shiny glossy look. So far, so good. I'm pleased with everything so far but I guess time will tell regarding the last-ability.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by chanchanthegreat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a very pale brunette with a cool (blue-based) skin tone. I bought this lipstick in Continuous Cranberry on a whim, but it is absolutely the perfect shade of red for me! I fill in my lips with red liner before I apply it, and it stays on all day. I love it and I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not much of a lipstick person, but I've been wanting a brighter red that wouldn't make my lips look like vinyl (so many bold reds are too glossy). It's usually impossible to just pick up a red at random and have it be flattering and yet that is exactly what happened to me with this line's Ravishing Rouge.

Despite it's longwear claims, this lipstick is not drying or sticky like so many other lasting lipsticks can be. The bullet is a good size and goes on easily (no need to fuss with liner, brushes, etc.). This shade in particular is a very wearable; flattering to my pale, warm skin tone and exactly what I was looking for. Slight sheen to the finish but nothing so obvious that it looks unkissable. I wish the formula was a little bit more opaque, but two-ish coats will get you there, or if you want to wear it more sheer, it's great with just one. The formula doesn't feel drying, although it does look in the tube, but not feel, the tiniest bit gritty. I didn't notice any sparkles on my lips from this (a good thing).

It doesn't last 14 hours, of course, but it does last pretty well and you'll need less touch ups with this than a lot of other lipsticks. The packaging really appeals to me - cute, clean, modern looking. It's a bit of a steep price IMHO for Maybelline at $9, but if you get it on sale like I did, it is totally worth it. Based on my positive experience with this shade, I think I will be buying more colors in this formula. Recommend overall.

Update 2/2/13: The same formula in the shade Never Ending Nude I would not recommend. The nude color is, although just barely there, pretty but mostly what shows up are big specks of silver glitter. I don't know about you, but I am not into glitter lips. Pass on this one if you aren't either.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by magnisky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It works! It lasts! Gasp! After drinking, eating, and I haven't tried kissing yet so I am still waiting for the result. Haha. My advice for people who have warm skin tones (especially with a yellowish hue to their skin) to try brighter shades that are offered. My favorite would be "eternal rose". Please don't trust any current claim of any company that says something will last over 10 hours. This product does not, but, it is FAR better than other lipsticks in its lasting powers---it lasts longer, surprisingly, from its sister product called Maybeline 24 Hour Lip Color.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by gogo35

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It doesn't last anywhere near 14 hours (try 2!). I bought it in the mauve shade, which looked matte, but it had a slight shimmer to it, which I didn't want at all. The nude shades all were too pale. Maybe if they come out with a darker nude matte shade I will try it again. But then only if there's a coupon for it womewhere.