Cover Girl Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara

3.2

on 10/30/2013 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara is good for volume that still looks natural. It is buildable to look more dramatic, but don't expect crazy fake-looking lashes. I have long thin lashes so I only wanted volume and that's exactly what this gave! Volume, with a little length, and just enough separating to look natural but beautiful. (I would not repurchase though because there are so many other mascaras I want to try)

on 10/22/2013 11:50:00 PM

I have asian lashes that are typical, straight, short, and wispy. It is hard to find a mascara that would not smudge on me. I ran out of my hg mascara, heroine long & curl and since it was hard to buy it in the states, I decided to get this mascara. It does what I want it to do, which is to hold my curl, however, it smudges very easily on me. The Heroine mascara does smudge but not as much as this. I will not repurchase again but if you don't have oily lids, it is a wonderful mascara as it does holds the curl, adds length, and some volume.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

There is nothing good to write about this mascara. Other Cover Girl mascaras are good (Clump Crusher, Lash Blast Waterproof, and one in the grey/silver tube is excellent)

Used it once and gave it to a friend, who is used to buying the cheap n nasty makeup (no pun intended)

:-(

on 10/17/2013 8:36:00 PM

I use the black brown shade which I absolutely love. When the tube says 24 hour, it means it. Sure, it's hard to get off. Face wash and water won't do it. I use a really good eye makeup remover or better yet, Vaseline with a cotton ball to get it off.

With even and quick strokes, it doesn't clump and is really buildable. You have to be quick though because it sets and that's what other users are finding that it clumps. This is a great mascara for the price. I get compliments on it constantly and have women asking which tube I use.

on 8/25/2013 4:17:00 PM

I have thin, stick-straight Asian eyelashes and it's hard finding a mascara that will hold a curl. This mascara will hold my curled eyelashes for an entire day and doesn't smudge on my oily eyelids. It thickens and gives volume to my wimpy eyelashes, but it's a little difficult to remove and the formula is extremely wet.

on 8/19/2013 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used all sorts of different mascaras over the years and there is nothing quite like LB24hr. Every mascara I have used has always smudged and I was so excited to get this product because it has not disappointed me at all! Mascaras usually smudge on me and I can honestly say that this is the first one that hasn't done so and I'm not even exaggerating. It's not clumpy at all--even after a few coats and I actually find it easy to remove, contrary to what some people experienced. I usually use a eye makeup remover and a warm towel to make sure it's completely off. It is long-lasting and doesn't smell. I see myself using this for a very, very long time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My reason for buying this mascara is really simple. I have oily skin and many mascaras tend to smear on me, especially if they are not waterproof. I also buy a lot of drugstore makeup as I find the makeup lines in these times can produce quality products that work well. I like makeup that is easy to find and reasonably priced. So, to sum up, are my reasons for buying this mascara:
1. Easy to find in my local CVS
2. Inexpensive
3. Bought it in the shade Very Black because I wanted a dramatic color to make my blue eyes and auburn hair to pop and make my eyes noticeable
4. It came in waterproof and promised to be "smear resistant"

The results: the black color was vivid and it did noticeably lengthen my eyelashes. By the end of the day at work I found the mascara had ran over my lashline. It defeated the major purpose of buying this mascara i.e to buy a longlasting waterproof mascara. It did not last all day long through a workday.
When I run out of this product I will not be repurchasing but going to my Neutrogena mascara which is one of the mascaras that work for me.

on 8/16/2013 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't require much from a mascara. There's a limit to how much any mascara can benefit my sparse, thin, stick-straight lashes. Over length or volume, I find a formula that holds a curl makes the most impact. Length tends to make my thin lashes spindly, while volume weighs them down---that's no good. While a curl doesn't improve density at the lashline (tightlining works better), at least my lashes don't vanish into nonexistence. =D

And Cover Girl LashBlast 24Hr succeeds in exactly that, without too much expense or fuss. With its high turnover rate, I much prefer an inexpensive mascara, especially since this formula tends to clump as it ages. It feels stiff and crunchy, as it is waterproof, but that, I think, is a necessary tradeoff: a softer formula would not hold the curl as well. I've never been a fan of the LashBlast wand, but until Cover Girl releases this formula with a more maneuverable wand, I can manage. It is not the easiest product to remove, but my regular cream cleansers (and presumably cleansing oils) do dissolve it with a little gentle patience. And that's it: it's a pretty basic mascara, with maybe a touch of volume, outside of the ability to hold curl.

Very dry and made my lashes clump together. Not much product on wand on initial application. Would never purchase again and will probably throw away because it is not worth my time. Takes forever to remove. So disappointed!

on 7/11/2013 11:24:00 PM

Love this builds volume and holds a curl on hot humid days. Doesn't flake or smear - but does dry out quickly...