April 18, 2014 | 1674 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product, but not this color. It goes on more pink than plum, which is a bummer. Otherwise, great, hydrating product. I wish there was a true plum shade--I'd buy in an instant.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by anapardo83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by rocketbabydoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'd heard great things about this lip butter and I wanted a my-lips-but-better colour with a berryish tinge, so I got Sugar Plum. It's my first venture into the world of lipstick and I really adore the colour. It's not as purple as it looks in the tube, more of a deep berry-pink. The formula is good, sort of like a tinted lip balm but more pigmented and not as balmy. You can build up as much colour as you want and it has a decent amount of staying power. It gradually fades over a couple of hours but leaves a nice light stain once the product has worn off. It's nice and creamy and not drying, so there's no need to wear a balm underneath. The packaging is cute, I love the coloured cap with the quilted pattern. Unfortunately, the price here is ridiculously expensive -- $24 - $29NZD depending on where you buy it, but I bought mine online for about $15NZD. The real robbery is the amount of product you get for that price, less than an inch. I'll be using it sparingly.
Despite the expensive price and small amount of product, I would still repurchase, just because I love the colour and formula so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I struggle to find lipsticks I like as I don't usually want anything too dominating or too much of a hassle to apply for my day to day look. This is a sort of my lips but better, only slightly darker and plummier. I'm an NC25 with quite dark lips. It goes with all my looks and is very versatile. I've worn this loads recently, and for now, my hunt for a perfect day lipstick is over. I've worn this in the evening too and I find the colour (as it wears off) to leave a very fetching stain on my lips. I really like it. Hooray!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by skaljavs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Now this is good stuff. Makes my naturally reddish lips look like a better version of their natural color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by 3Boyz

Yeah, this color is awesome. Love it, especially for a DS product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

This is a really nice lip product. It's true that the color of the lipstick is misleading, it does not go on nearly as dark as it appears it in the tube, nonetheless it is a really pretty color. It's really close to my natural lip color so I can wear it comfortably knowing it's not too much color on my lip. On me it's a neutral mauve/pink. It's sheer, glossy, and super comfortable. There is NO scent to this that I was able to detect. Love that. Everything about it is great, even when the shine left the color remained on my lips so it wears nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite lip butters. It is perfectly pigmented and the formula is moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by minisun98

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I am impressed! The formula is very moisturizing and the color goes on beautifully! At first the color is really intimidating because of how dark it is, but once you put it on, the color is a beautiful, slightly plummier color than my lip color. This does not have any shimmers, although it is very glossy. I did take one lippie off because the formula did not last very long. But very happy with the purchase!! :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My first Revlon Lip Butter was Gumdrop, a light lilac. I liked it enough to try more.
Sugar Plum was one i tried... and it went back.
Sugar Plum is a medium dark yet sheer, cool red. I like genuinely plum lipsticks -- MAC Musky Amethyst, Kat von D. Oh My Goth -- and plum glosses -- MAC Dark as Night and On Display -- for example. On my lips Sugar Plum was too red and not plummy enough, and i do not wear red lipstick, so it went back.
I now have 6 Lip Butters, and Sugar Plum is not one of them.