December 22, 2014 | 976 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

I'm a late convert to Revlon lip butters. Sugar Plum is my first, and it's amazing. I'm very fair, and the color is perfect---a cool plummy mauve. Glossy, moisturizing, just perfect.

What I didn't expect, though, is the stain that remains behind for a little while after the butter wears off. My lips end up stained a beautiful soft berry color----they just glow. It's almost as good as the lip butter! And it's not permanent or anything....just temporary. Eat a piece of chocolate or something and it's gone, lol.

My only problem is that the tube is a bit hard to open, but I like the product so much that I don't care.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Looks dark in the tube, goes on sheer plum raspberry on me Im NC25 with dark blonde hair. My lips are pretty pink so most colors get pink on me quick, this one stays for 2 hrs with no smudges or running, even without lip liner or primer. Subtle berry, perfect!~

Looks natural plum mauve raspberry, would recommend~ Doesnt remind me of any particular MAC or NARS products~

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ohudsono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this. Great everyday color that can be worn at work. This is one of those products that I feel I don't need a mirror to apply. Also, make sure to keep it in a cool place.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This must be the most emollient lipstick I've ever owned. My lips are in terrible shape during the winter, and this is as moisturising as a lip balm.
It adds a pretty sheen to the lips, and adds some depth to my natural lip colour, but that is all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by zimzaz

Beautiful plum colour that goes on sheer. You can layer it for more pigmentation, like a lipstick. Great creamy consistency, it is very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't let the darkness of the shade in the tube fool you! It applies sheerer than I expected and has quickly become my favorite of the entire line. Would definitely repurchase and the packaging is sophisticated and "rich" looking. Overall, awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by xsaraboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am addicted to the lip butters, and have purchased about half the collection. Sugar plum is my favorite shade out of the entire line. This lip butter is a plummy-pink color with a hint of mauve that suits my warm skin tone quite well. It is a cream formula so there is no shimmer or glitter in it (which I love!) This application is quite creamy, and this color is one of the more pigmented colors. It is perfect the the fall and winter since the color is a bit darker and the formula is very moisturizing. I would definitely pick one up if you haven't already!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Nice plummy shade on my NW20 complexion...naturally rosey lips. But it just looked "eh" on me. It did deposit more color than I anticipated and is a nice shade (many plums skew too brown on me, this does not because of the berry undertone). I mean nice but not doing much for me. I just expected a bit more from all the raves. Also the color feels less rich, and just plain old "dark" on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by herbgurl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty color in the tube, however it did not work with my coloring. The purplish fuschia hue was a little too cool for my coloring. Would not buy again because of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous shade with a beautiful formula. It's a soft plum color that you can build up very easily.
It's perfect for winter time, and could work as a "my lips but BETTER" shade. I loveeeee the name too, I mean, come on, SUGAR PLUM just sounds so sweet and delicious! It makes me want to just eat it!!!
The packaging I'm not crazy about, and the product can smoosh in the lid sometimes, but it's gorgeoussssssss!!!
Anyway, I will not be repurchasing, sadly, because it's nothing I can't live without.