April 16, 2014 | 2037 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Fig Jam

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this colour. Of all the lip butters, it's the one that I've almost used up. It doesn't matter if your skin in dry or well exfoliated, Fig Jam always does the trick. You can wear ANY eye makeup you'd like, any type of clothing and it just works with everything in my opinion. VERY versatile colour! More of a brown with a red undertone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite lippies! I wear this everywhere. A beautiful brownish berry shade that's sheer enough to make this an everyday lip color. This is a color that would look good on most people. Love the moisturizing formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

I am Asian NC25-30. I'm really happy that I bought this. It reminds me a lot of Black Honey except Black Honey turns orange on me, whereas Fig Jam is just a pretty red-brown. It's sheer, almost a stain, and applies really easily - there is no frost. In fact, I'd say that this is what I always wanted a tinted lip balm to look, feel, and apply like. I put it on straight from the tube - no lining, no pre-moisturizing. It makes reapplication really easy. You can layer it so that the color becomes more saturated. The only ding, for me, is the smell. I can't abide perfumed lip products and this one is very sweet, cloying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Begina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this Lip Butter color the best. I am a warm-skinned Asian, NC25-30, and this looks great on me. I wear it most days. Lasting power is decent. I do reapply every so often & after eating. I have heard people say it is a dupe for Clinique's Black Honey. While they are similar I would not agree. Fig Jam is more brownish red and Black Honey is more deep berry, at least on me. I like, own & wear both : )

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Iím really fair skinned, like glow in the dark fair and so this color scared the bajeezes out of me the first time I looked at it in the store; so, I promptly put it back and didnít give it a second glance for almost a year. Then I was browsing lip butter swatches online and kept seeing this color on girls that were pale like me and it looked great on them. This color swatched on hands or lips looks absolutely nothing like it does in the tube, not even close. So when my CVS had a good sale on Revlon products I ran to the store to grab me some Fig Jam lip butter. Iíd describe the color as a brown with redish brick/apricot undertones; you can put it on really sheer for a nice my lips but better look or layer it on for a deeper color. To me this is a perfect lip color for the autumn and winter seasons and can be paired nicely with all kinds of eye looks. So, forget the fact that this color looks worthy of Elvira in the tube and go get it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

After hearing all the rave reviews, I thought this was going to be perfect...and it absolutely is! This has to be one of my favorite lipsticks. It's so beautiful, a red brown. But it's also sheer, which I kind of like. It doesn't last very long at all though, so I'll have to reapply, but I like it so much I'm willing to do that. If a sheer brick red sounds like your cup of tea, you should definitely give this a shot! P.s., don't let the way it looks fool you, it's really not that brown or intense on the lips!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

The strangest combination of plum and burnt umber but for some reason it works perhaps because I am really pale and yellow toned - apply lightly for a sheerer colour or a couple of layers with a liner gives a rather dark burnished orangey red. This one is slightly less creamy than the other Lip Butters I own. I wouldn't repurchase as I don't reach for this shade often and can only see myself wearing it in winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this color! Its what Ive been looking for. This color is perfect to wear for daytime and evening. It's a beautiful brownish red that looks totally natural on my NC50 skin. I truly love it, and I'm so glad I finally decided to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by readingmary423

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally I found my red/brown shade that doesn't look too lipsticky. It's perfect with my yellowish medium complexion and red brown hair. I will absolutely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by fygstone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are the shades I tried:
Sugarplum
Lollipop
Red Velvet
Fig Jam

First I'd like to reminisce: Do you girls remember L'oreal Color Juice lipstick, the first batch? It was pigmented yet sheer on the lips and the perfect gloss/lipstick hybrid, it really had the perfect shine for a lipstick.
So with this seed planted in my head I went about trying the Famous Revlon Lip Butters:

Upon uncapping, which is difficult as the lid/cap extends to the base of the lipstick, I mean it is very difficult to get this cap off if like me you do your makeup in the bathroom and often have wet or slimy hands from other product. And the quilted plastic is a bit cheesy, but I find all Revlon packaging cheesy, except for that gel eyeliner w/built in brush.
Anyway, upon uncapping the shades look intense but with a soft transparent melty texture. Beacuse of that first impression, I really wanted these to be like L'oreal Color Juice Lipstick. Close but no cigar, apparently texture and color pay off vary shade from shade. The texture is soft and creamy but not quite sheer. It is truly buttery, unlike the Color Juice (still missing you!) which was lipsticky and firm. I feel the Lip Butters would melt in the tube if I took them to the pool or beach. Sometimes if I apply in a hurry it feels like it might melt off my mouth. I haven't had an averse reaction to Red Velvet or Fig Jam, but Sugarplum and Lollipop left me chappy.
Let me continue:

I'll start with the losers first, Sugarplum and Lollipop. Both these colours are beautiful in the tube. Sugarplum is a subtle plum pink shade while Lollipop is the bright fuschia. These two lose because of the high glitter content which made itself very obvious upon the second application. This was full on disco glitter not a mere frosting and because these are lip butters they don't last long so reapplication is neccesary. My lips are pigmented and have fine little wrinkles, the glitter and trace color just sunk into them after the first reapplication and no amount of lipliner or lipstain or application method was going to get rid of the excess glitter. Sugarplum is has more grip where as Lollipop was buttery. They may be nice to use as a topcoat to a drier lipstick or I'll try to use these as a cream blush. As intended these were a strike out.

Now, let's talk about Red Velvet and Fig Jam. If I were 20 years younger these two would be my go to lipstick.They are similar in texture and color payoff but lasting time is different. Fig Jam is a soft brown, Red Velvet is a creamy red brick with a subtle orange base. I apply these over the NYC lipstain pen in berry long time. Fig Jam is stickier than her sister which makes her a bit longer lasting. Red Velvet is a lovely color and for me the perfect red, but difficult to apply without getting clown mouth due to the texture; buttery and slides a lot. Color payoff is big about two swipes is enough for me but getting this to stay on the 45 minutes of my subway commute is a pain. In all these two are good for when I want to look put together but don't feel like it ie errands, grocery shopping, doing the laundry.

I really tried , but it's been about two months. Revlon Lip Butter is an average product. They should have left it in the lab a bit longer, as the idea is great but the execution is not so good. I will not purchase this product again and will stay away from Revlon products until I read reviews here first.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No