September 20, 2014 | 1536 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Fig Jam

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by jordandean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a little late to the Lip Butter party but they were on sale at CVS this week for $2.99 after CVS bucks back so I decided to try Fig Jam. It strikes me as a slightly more pigmented version of Black Honey. It has such a nice luxurious feel but is more pigmented than my average tinted lip balm. It also seems to slightly tint my lips so even when it wears off my lips retain a little hint of color once the product is gone. I will definitely go check for other colors while this sale is on and might have to stick one in my Mom's stocking too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lana103

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm going to marry this lip butter. Not only am I deeply in love with the color, I don't want to wipe it off because it feels sooo good. I'm walking around my room wearing pajamas and lipstick. Yet somehow, it feels right. I guess that's just how it is when you're in love.

Sincerely,
The future Mrs. Fig Jam Lip Butter

26 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Fig Jam is a very flattering brownish red. I'm sure it would suit most skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My first Revlon Lip Butter was Gumdrop, a light lilac. I liked it enough to try more.
Fig Jam was one of them... and it went back.
The color is dark, yet sheer, brownberry-ish, but not very distinct. I like genuinely dark lipsticks (MAC Chestnut and Musky Amethyst, for example). But Fig Jam just did not look distinctive to me. I prefer a dark lipstick with more intensity. Fig Jam was just enh to me.
I now have 6 Lip Butters, and Fig Jam is not one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this colour. Of all the lip butters, it's the one that I've almost used up. It doesn't matter if your skin in dry or well exfoliated, Fig Jam always does the trick. You can wear ANY eye makeup you'd like, any type of clothing and it just works with everything in my opinion. VERY versatile colour! More of a brown with a red undertone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite lippies! I wear this everywhere. A beautiful brownish berry shade that's sheer enough to make this an everyday lip color. This is a color that would look good on most people. Love the moisturizing formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

I am Asian NC25-30. I'm really happy that I bought this. It reminds me a lot of Black Honey except Black Honey turns orange on me, whereas Fig Jam is just a pretty red-brown. It's sheer, almost a stain, and applies really easily - there is no frost. In fact, I'd say that this is what I always wanted a tinted lip balm to look, feel, and apply like. I put it on straight from the tube - no lining, no pre-moisturizing. It makes reapplication really easy. You can layer it so that the color becomes more saturated. The only ding, for me, is the smell. I can't abide perfumed lip products and this one is very sweet, cloying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Begina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this Lip Butter color the best. I am a warm-skinned Asian, NC25-30, and this looks great on me. I wear it most days. Lasting power is decent. I do reapply every so often & after eating. I have heard people say it is a dupe for Clinique's Black Honey. While they are similar I would not agree. Fig Jam is more brownish red and Black Honey is more deep berry, at least on me. I like, own & wear both : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Iím really fair skinned, like glow in the dark fair and so this color scared the bajeezes out of me the first time I looked at it in the store; so, I promptly put it back and didnít give it a second glance for almost a year. Then I was browsing lip butter swatches online and kept seeing this color on girls that were pale like me and it looked great on them. This color swatched on hands or lips looks absolutely nothing like it does in the tube, not even close. So when my CVS had a good sale on Revlon products I ran to the store to grab me some Fig Jam lip butter. Iíd describe the color as a brown with redish brick/apricot undertones; you can put it on really sheer for a nice my lips but better look or layer it on for a deeper color. To me this is a perfect lip color for the autumn and winter seasons and can be paired nicely with all kinds of eye looks. So, forget the fact that this color looks worthy of Elvira in the tube and go get it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

After hearing all the rave reviews, I thought this was going to be perfect...and it absolutely is! This has to be one of my favorite lipsticks. It's so beautiful, a red brown. But it's also sheer, which I kind of like. It doesn't last very long at all though, so I'll have to reapply, but I like it so much I'm willing to do that. If a sheer brick red sounds like your cup of tea, you should definitely give this a shot! P.s., don't let the way it looks fool you, it's really not that brown or intense on the lips!