Essie Shine of the Times

4.7

on 6/2/2012 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was my first and only Essie product I saw it in the store and was like that is beautiful. So I bought it and well I love it so much. Honestly I didnt really know what to expect and it surpassed anything I could have ever expected from it. You can apply one coat for a more scale effect or you can add two or three for this beautiful overlay. I really recommend it. It looks great on all colors I have tried.

on 5/29/2012 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this nail polish.The first time I wore it was over a pale yellow from NYC Color called Lexington Yellow.It was gorgeous.It has a holographic appeal that's soo fun and pretty.I'm definitely gonna try the rest of the glittery topcoats Essie has come out with.

on 5/29/2012 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Shine of the Times is my first flakie polish, and I do like it, but I can't say that I love it. It gives an interesting look to any manicure, that's for sure! I'm currently wearing it over Van D'Go, and the flakies are pulling more lilac/gold, but if I wear it over something darker, it seems to be more orange/green. I can't find anything negative about this polish, but I think for me, I just prefer glitter to flakies.

on 5/21/2012 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This top coat is amazing! It is composed of a clear base, that contains holographic, multi-dimensional flakes. Depending on the base color you use, the flakes take on a whole different personality. For instance, when I apply Shine Of The Times over a black nail polish, the flakes have an orange/green color to them. And when I apply Shine Of The Times on top of a white nail polish, the flakes are more pastel-like. It's so interesting how one product can have all of these personalities.

I love this top coat and I can't recommend this product, enough!

on 5/6/2012 8:35:00 PM

This was the first flakie I've tried and I don't feel the need to try any others. It applies so much smoother than expected and is very easy to control. It looks different in different light and over different bases. It is a quick and easy way to make boring nails look "done". So enchanting to look at.

on 4/26/2012 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Pros include drying smoothly, complete flakie coverage in one coat and drying relatively quickly.
Unfortunately, I just don't like this product.
I bought this product, envisioning gorgeous, futuristic manicures only to be left with nails that look like they've been doused in acid rain. I guess this product just doesn't go well with any of the nail polishes in my relatively small collection?!
The color spectrum is Ulta-bag-orange to blue-green to yellow-green. I saw none of the beautiful lilac/pink/blue portrayed in one of the shared photos for this product. The formula has either changed or I was not interpreting reviews/swatches properly or it's very possible that I don't own any polishes that elicit those lilac/pink/blue colors.
Flakies get all over if you're not being particularly careful when you remove the polish.
Overall, I hate it, and I would not recommend others to blind buy this product. Definitely only buy if you've tried it out already or have polishes that are known to look good with this product.

on 4/23/2012 1:54:00 PM

When I saw the swatches over black polish, I wasn't too impressed. I'm probably the very few who doesn't like it over black polish. But MY GOODNESS, over other colors, it looks AMAZING, even over pastels. I tried it over darker colors, and it's just breathtaking! I just don't like it over black. It is a MUST HAVE. It will bring the your nail polish color to live!

on 3/30/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this polish. I'd never seen a flakie before I looked up some reviews of Essie's polishes and when I saw it, I had to run out and get it! I have gotten so many compliments on it. The girls at work even suggested we have a manicure party so they could use it!

on 3/14/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is beautiful, not a full on glitter more of an irredecent flake effect/ it is almost invisible in certain lights and angles, i like to wear it on my bare nails. it is like a flash of opal fire- sooo pretty! can not wait to try this on my toes!

on 3/10/2012 4:22:00 PM

OMGGGGG B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.....especially when its worn over dark nail polish....cant stop looking at my nails

Popular Polishes