April 16, 2014 | 1044 users online

Polishes - Essie - Shine of the Times

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Shine of the Times is my first flakie polish, and I do like it, but I can't say that I love it. It gives an interesting look to any manicure, that's for sure! I'm currently wearing it over Van D'Go, and the flakies are pulling more lilac/gold, but if I wear it over something darker, it seems to be more orange/green. I can't find anything negative about this polish, but I think for me, I just prefer glitter to flakies.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMoment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This top coat is amazing! It is composed of a clear base, that contains holographic, multi-dimensional flakes. Depending on the base color you use, the flakes take on a whole different personality. For instance, when I apply Shine Of The Times over a black nail polish, the flakes have an orange/green color to them. And when I apply Shine Of The Times on top of a white nail polish, the flakes are more pastel-like. It's so interesting how one product can have all of these personalities.

I love this top coat and I can't recommend this product, enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by siobhanerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the first flakie I've tried and I don't feel the need to try any others. It applies so much smoother than expected and is very easy to control. It looks different in different light and over different bases. It is a quick and easy way to make boring nails look "done". So enchanting to look at.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by hummiemd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros include drying smoothly, complete flakie coverage in one coat and drying relatively quickly.
Unfortunately, I just don't like this product.
I bought this product, envisioning gorgeous, futuristic manicures only to be left with nails that look like they've been doused in acid rain. I guess this product just doesn't go well with any of the nail polishes in my relatively small collection?!
The color spectrum is Ulta-bag-orange to blue-green to yellow-green. I saw none of the beautiful lilac/pink/blue portrayed in one of the shared photos for this product. The formula has either changed or I was not interpreting reviews/swatches properly or it's very possible that I don't own any polishes that elicit those lilac/pink/blue colors.
Flakies get all over if you're not being particularly careful when you remove the polish.
Overall, I hate it, and I would not recommend others to blind buy this product. Definitely only buy if you've tried it out already or have polishes that are known to look good with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by amywmy

When I saw the swatches over black polish, I wasn't too impressed. I'm probably the very few who doesn't like it over black polish. But MY GOODNESS, over other colors, it looks AMAZING, even over pastels. I tried it over darker colors, and it's just breathtaking! I just don't like it over black. It is a MUST HAVE. It will bring the your nail polish color to live!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by alyssadk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this polish. I'd never seen a flakie before I looked up some reviews of Essie's polishes and when I saw it, I had to run out and get it! I have gotten so many compliments on it. The girls at work even suggested we have a manicure party so they could use it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is beautiful, not a full on glitter more of an irredecent flake effect/ it is almost invisible in certain lights and angles, i like to wear it on my bare nails. it is like a flash of opal fire- sooo pretty! can not wait to try this on my toes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by kimk89

OMGGGGG B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.....especially when its worn over dark nail polish....cant stop looking at my nails

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're a nail junkie like I am, this product is a staple to your collection. I've been collecting flakie polishes like Essie's Shine of The Times, and Essie's is by far the best I've found. All it takes is one simple coat to get an excellent shiny flake coating.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by jellyfiish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh. My. WORD! I just got this in the mail today and I can honestly say I am in love with it already. The holographic glitter is like nothing I have ever seen before. It is breathtakingly gorgeous. It changes from red to orange to gold to green to blue on the dark plum color I have it layered over. I'm sure the colors would have different effects over different polishes, I can't wait until next week to try it over my Mermaid's Tears polish. It looks even more amazing with my Siche Vite top coat over it. Best six dollars I have ever spent.